Post Your 3D Models/Creations Here!

What are you guys using to make these? Maya? Cause as I far as my abilities go, you can't render and make something look that good on inventor!

I use Cinema 4D with touch-ups in Photoshop although i also use Blender from time to time.

What are you guys using to make these? Maya? <snip>

Please snip your quotes, to do so, just edit your post and highlight the post you quoted and type <snip>.

What are you guys using to make these? Maya? <snip>

Maya is one option.  Inventor was never intended to make anything artistic; it only exists because Autodesk completely destroyed AutoCAD over the years and needed something to fill the void in their product line for engineering use, so they forced it out as a twist of 3DS Maxx.  As such you could always model something in Inventor and import it into 3DS to touch up and use its rendering engine, which for whatever reason is far superior to Inventor's.   As you've probably noticed, 3DS is another option for modelling as well.  I'm not sure what the difference is between Maya and 3DS, I've never used Maya, but I'm sure there is one since they're both made by Autodesk - 3DS is usually used for games, and Maya for video animation, but like I said, I'm not sure why.

Some other artistic options are Blender and Make 3D.  Blender is incredibly powerful, you can even use it as an NLE, and doubly nice because it's open source and one of the few options that you can use on Linux.

If you want to stay in the engineering paradigm, Solidworks from Dassault is the closest to Inventor, there is also Solid Edge from Siemens PLM that is rather similar.  Then there are more advanced suites like NX from Siemens PLM, Catia from Dassault, and Creo from PTC that are common for aerospace, marine, and automotive companies.  As a side note, I really don't recommend ever using Inventor unless you have to, it is by far the worst engineering modeling software, except AutoCAD, which Autodesk keeps gimping along for whatever reason. 

I recommend getting yourself a Lynda.com subscription and learning any of Maya, 3DS, or Blender, as well as Photoshop.  Assuming that you're an engineering student since you know Inventor, I'd also recommend learning Solidworks as well as either NX or Catia (Catia is more popular, but NX is rapidly gainig ground), unfortunaley Lynda doesn't appear to have lessons on them.

Do any of you guys want to do a group project? I thought of it a few days ago. I would need a person that could model characters in high detail, someone to model the environment, and someone to do assets like plates, bottles, cups, etc.

Do any of you guys want to do a group project? I thought of it a few days ago. I would need a person that could model characters in high detail, someone to model the environment, and someone to do assets like plates, bottles, cups, etc.

I have limited access to Inventor right now. If I can be of help I'd love to!

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

I'd bad happy to do assets.

I have limited access to Inventor right now. If I can be of help I'd love to!

I'd bad happy to do assets.

Well guys, it's going to take like 6-8 people to do the group project I was thinking of, so I guess we'll just have to wait until more people can help.

I could do some assets too.

Well guys, it's going to take like 6-8 people to do the group project I was thinking of, so I guess we'll just have to wait until more people can help.

Well what's your idea. Maybe if you tell people the'll get excited.

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

I could do some assets too.

Well, assets would now be covered between you and omni, now we just need someone that can model Walter White realistically. Unless any of us can find a 3d model of him online with a download link. And we need an environment artist.

Well what's your idea. Maybe if you tell people the'll get excited.

Well, I wanted to kind of make it a surprise but I'll tell you anyways.

Baking Bread. Just a high res image of Walter White looking at some bread with steam coming off of it. But I think that if the work is split up between different people, then we could get a super high quality scene with amazing textures and compositing going on.

Well, I wanted to kind of make it a surprise but I'll tell you anyways.

Baking Bread. Just a high res image of Walter White looking at some bread with steam coming off of it. But I think that if the work is split up between different people, then we could get a super high quality scene with amazing textures and compositing going on.

Oh. Sorry but that's not my expertise. If you need something modeled that's somewhat simple then I can help  

Oh. Sorry but that's not my expertise. If you need something modeled that's somewhat simple then I can help  

Don't be sorry, it's now really my expertise either.

That's an ambitious goal probably the most difficult thing you could do in CGI

The sculpting of the head's basic shape, the skin folds, the basic texture and normal map and shaders...

@Raining_Pixel, I would love to help but would probably only be able to do assetswjoch you've already got but would love to learn character modelling which I could pick up.

It Won't Fail Cause of Me.

Hello fellow CGI artists  :rolleyes: Happy to see more people getting into vfx. I'm would love to help with any questions in regards Maya modeling, Uv's, texturing, lighting and rendering. Also can help with tracking and compositing(Nuke) also.. Right now modeling a jet with a rocket. Might post some WIP stuff later. Trying to make a short film or something for showreel. Not sure yet.

EVGA SR-2 / 2x Intel Xeon X5675 4.4Ghz OC / 24GB EEC 1800Mhz OC/ AMD RX570 / Enermax Evoliution 1050W / Main RAID 0: 2x256GB 840EVO SSD / BackUp(1) Raid 5: 3x2TB WD HDD / BackUp(2) 8x2TB / Dell U2412M / Dell U2312HM

That's an ambitious goal probably the most difficult thing you could do in CGI

The sculpting of the head's basic shape, the skin folds, the basic texture and normal map and shaders...

Nothing like a good challenge. :D

Just thought of posting an AO render of the rocket:
1FxqQVb.gif

And some model previews of the jet:
luP0WR3.jpg

Gonna finish the model/Uv's/ texturing and rigging.

EVGA SR-2 / 2x Intel Xeon X5675 4.4Ghz OC / 24GB EEC 1800Mhz OC/ AMD RX570 / Enermax Evoliution 1050W / Main RAID 0: 2x256GB 840EVO SSD / BackUp(1) Raid 5: 3x2TB WD HDD / BackUp(2) 8x2TB / Dell U2412M / Dell U2312HM

I already showed an older version in another thread but I improved the lighting by using a self made environment texture and blender's film emulation.

Sometime I should render a 4k version.

post-160594-0-69835700-1423426450.jpeg

Thank you I'll add it to the render tomorrow.

Today I made digital bread.

10.jpeg

I want games to look like this ! Awesome. What software u used ?

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I want games to look like this ! Awesome. What software u used ?

No problem you could play games looking like this at 0.003fps.

I use Blender