What irks you the most about non-techies?

rambi36

I know ;(

WHY SONY, WHYYYYYYY MAKE EXCLUSIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

it's the only way to keep their console to even be bothered to exist.

Someone once said this -----> 'You can buy the safest car in the world but it doesn't decrease the chances of you having an accident, BE A BETTER DRIVER' I think it was Carey Holzman who said it but I really can't remember.

It was, he says it at virtually all his 'presentations'

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

It was, he says it at virtually all his 'presentations'

It is a very good quote and I'm a huge fan of him though I've not watched any of his videos are a few months

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

@FireFoxYou ever listen to his tech-vets podcast with Mike Smith?  He strikes me as not  having a very nice personality yes he knows computers inside out but some of his opinions strike me as quite 'out there' that Mike seems to have a more realistic attitude.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

£50 FOR A MOUSE!?!!? BUT ALL IT DOES IS CLICK.

PEOPLE BLAMING THE COMPUTER FOR THEIR SLOW INTERNET SPEED.

PEOPLE THAT DON'T SEE WHY YOU WOULD NEED ANYTHING BEYOND A TABLET.

PEOPLE THAT WATCH YOUTUBE ON THEIR PHONE IN PORTRAIT MODE.

ANYONE SAYING THAT MACS ARE BETTER BECAUSE APPLE

"No my computer is fine" WITH A PENTIUM II

THOSE DAMN HUGE SCREENS THAT ARE ONLY 720/1080P "Yea it's my home cinema" NO

BEATS

Specs are on my profile page

Teach a man to fish and he ends up sticking a screw driver in a turned on power supply seeing if it still works.        #KilledMyWifeWithABomb            Resolution is just a number

There is pretty much already a topic for this

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34813-experiences-with-non-techies/

Meh, that thread is going downhill

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

people who completely fail to use google or another search engine to try and find an answer to the problem.

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

Meh, that thread is going downhill

First few pages of that thread were absolute gold.

Specs are on my profile page

Teach a man to fish and he ends up sticking a screw driver in a turned on power supply seeing if it still works.        #KilledMyWifeWithABomb            Resolution is just a number

When they're possessive, cause steve job's owns god and everything else, so it's always a possessive word.

Thats not what a possessive is, and even if it was, when a word is possessive and ends in an s even without being possessive, the apostrophe goes after the s. A correct use would be "That crappy computer is Steve Jobs'."

(Yes I am a grammar nazi)

- "some salty pretzel bun fanboy" ~ @helping, 2014
- "Oh shit, watch out guys, we got a hopscotch bassass here..." ~ @vinyldash303

- "Yes the 8990 is more fater than the 4820K and as you can see this specific Video card comes with 6GB" ~ Alienware 2014

I don't like how or understand why they actively avoid being informed on computers, are they afraid of being nerds? I have a hard time believing that everyone is that insecure.

- "Yes the 8990 is more fater than the 4820K and as you can see this specific Video card comes with 6GB" ~ Alienware 2014

£50 FOR A MOUSE!?!!? BUT ALL IT DOES IS CLICK.

PEOPLE BLAMING THE COMPUTER FOR THEIR SLOW INTERNET SPEED.

PEOPLE THAT DON'T SEE WHY YOU WOULD NEED ANYTHING BEYOND A TABLET.

PEOPLE THAT WATCH YOUTUBE ON THEIR PHONE IN PORTRAIT MODE.

ANYONE SAYING THAT MACS ARE BETTER BECAUSE APPLE

"No my computer is fine" WITH A PENTIUM II

THOSE DAMN HUGE SCREENS THAT ARE ONLY 720/1080P "Yea it's my home cinema" NO

BEATS

Please add - People that use Caps Lock to try and make a point on the internet.

Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666 Asus X99-Deluxe | EVGA GTX 980 SC | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB - Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | Seasonic Platinum Series 760 | NZXT H440 White | Shimian 27" 2560x1440 | Ducky 9087 TKL | Logitech G9x | Audio-Technica ATH-M50 | Schiit Audio Modi DAC & Magni Amp

www.ethangriswold.com

People with consoles that try to use words that they don't understand.

One of my friends tried to convince me that running 720p and upscaling it to 1080p is better than native 1080p because it adds quality. I don't think he knows what upscaling actually is... This was in an argument between Xbone and PS4, me claiming that the PS4 is more powerful because it can run native 1080p (in some games) and the Xbone cannot.

Also, someone once said that antialiasing is bad that's why console don't use it.

Rig - Processor: Intel core i5 3570k @4.3GHz, Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LX, GPU: XFX HD 7950 DD, with a Kraken G10 and Kraken X40, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 4x4GB, HDD: Seagate 1.5TB, Cooler: Xigmatek Prime SD1484, Case: Phantom 530

Peripherals - Monitor: Acer 24-inch 1920x1080, Keyboard: Microsoft Sidewinder X4, Mouse: Logitech G9x, Headphones: Turtle Beach PX21, Mousepad: Steelseries QCK

When they're possessive, cause steve job's owns god and everything else, so it's always a possessive word.

It would still be Steve jobs'

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

The thing that's the most annoying is when they refuse to acknowledge that they're not as tech savvy as they think, and they refuse to learn how things actually work. 

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

Thats not what a possessive is, and even if it was, when a word is possessive and ends in an s even without being possessive, the apostrophe goes after the s. A correct use would be "That crappy computer is Steve Jobs'."

(Yes I am a grammar nazi)

Its a joke bro. i can grammur toos mang.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

None of those things bother me because I prefer not to waste my time giving useless craps.

Its a joke bro. i can grammur toos mang.

2 subversive 4 me!