What irks you the most about non-techies?

rambi36

60% of society right here

yep pretty much

SONG- If you like pina-colatas ME- I like them SONG- And getting caught in the rain ME- I sorta like that SONG- If your not in to yoga ME- I hate yoga SONG- Then im the love that you look for ME-  :blink:  no...

just this...

Ugh... Her grammar is bad too..

tumblr_mwhm651cSq1rnecsvo1_500.gif

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

i hate it when non-techies try to be your friend by trying to pretend they are a techie by doing . for example, I was talking to a friend about him getting a new gpu and another person tried to join the conversation but didn't understand it. the next day he comes back and says my friend should get 700 series graphics card instead of a gtx 660 because all 700 series cards are better than the 600 series.

Substituting their lack of knowledge on the topic with something they made up on the spot to explain it... 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Non-Techies annoy beyond words when you try to explain why they have 149 million bloody viruses that their anti-virus didn't do anything about, just because you have anti-virus/malware doesn't mean you are safe, a little care and attention (also common sense) is still required.

Someone once said this -----> 'You can buy the safest car in the world but it doesn't decrease the chances of you having an accident, BE A BETTER DRIVER' I think it was Carey Holzman who said it but I really can't remember.

Anyway if you want to avoid getting viruses then please be a better driver :)

My grandmother always has me help rid her computer of viruses. I stopped trying to educate her about not clicking random "YOU WON $!1,000,000" after she kept yelling "Well what if I DID win XXX amount of money!?".

Idiots who think they know what they are talking about and claim to have 500GB of ram and 200 core CPUs. I just want to shoot those people.

I used to have a friend that kept on saying that his PS3 had 250GB of RAM and that all PC's were piss poor in comparison.

Their existence. They all repulse me. 

Really though... It annoys me when they make comments on how much something that I buy costs (like my keyboard for example) saying that it's stupid to pay that much for it. I know people that spend more on alcohol in two weeks than the cost of my Shine 3, and they're the sort that say that. 

People always berate me for the cost of my audiophile gear, I ended up selling a lot of it after my mother started giving me grief about how she couldn't tell the difference between her iBuds and my Grado SR225i's (thankfully I didn't sell my babies ^_^).

I disagree,

If you kill me you're better, If I kill you I'm better.

They are the IT manager of many companies. They think they can solve everything by formatting, and when they can't, they bring it to repair shops while claiming that they did nothing wrong. I'm so happy to earn their money due to the fact on how ignorant they are.

when people ask me to fix something and then ask what i did to fix it. they say that theyll understand but the second i throw in a phrase thats not "turn it off and back on again" they insist im speaking another language.

I have a shirt that has that phrase on it, I swear it answers half the questions thrown at me

MoBo: 970A-D3P CPU: FX-8350 GPU: HD 7950 PSU: 1000watt RAM:8Gb of G,skill 1600

just this...

you know that moment when you start hearing something so stupid it actually gives you a headache, because your brain sits there and runs a phrase over and over and over again trying to find some redeeming factor about it... that entire video was like that for me

MoBo: 970A-D3P CPU: FX-8350 GPU: HD 7950 PSU: 1000watt RAM:8Gb of G,skill 1600

Its not just non techies, this goes for everyone. I can't deal with stupid people. I just can't. I can deal with ignorant people. That I can fix. But you can't fix stupid.

When a friend has computer trouble and I fix it, I usually explain the problem and tell them how I fixed it (in layman's terms of course), but if its a stupid person, I just tell them to not worry about how I fixed it, and for them not to do what did it ever again. Because it won't be free next time.

2)Non-techies that get a computer just based off of it's looks

To be fair, if I don't  really care about what's inside for whatever reason, I'd probably just get the better looking one.

I can't find a reason why I would not care though, I guess like a travel laptop where I probably won't be doing much gaming I'd get the better build quality and the better looks, but I'd still care about what's inside, so I invalidated my own argument, dammit

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

To be fair, if I don't really care about what's inside for whatever reason, I'd probably just get the better looking one.

I can't find a reason why I would not care though, I guess like a travel laptop where I probably won't be doing much gaming I'd get the better build quality and the better looks, but I'd still care about what's inside, so I invalidated my own argument, dammit

Lol :P I do care about looks, but performance matters to me most.

Life.exe is missing

Wow. Sometimes things like this make me feel sad about the world. And then sometimes I can't help but laugh. 

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

When they're possessive, cause steve job's owns god and everything else, so it's always a possessive word.

But his name is Steve Jobs so it would be Steve Jobs'

When they're possessive, cause steve job's owns god and everything else, so it's always a possessive word.

I am a christian and i find this extremely offensive and contrary to my beliefs

Non-techies annoy me because:

1. They act like they know everything. Obviously the first question that comes to mind is "why would you even ask me if you knew all this by yourself?" Then they deliver a long explanation about what they believe is true:

"Obviously Windows hatched a virus out of nowhere, I should've used OS X!"

"Dude, I have an i7, I should be able to play the latest games even with whatever this HD 4600 thing is"

"My Mac doesn't need active cooling like this, so my desktop obviously shouldn't"

2. They also don't like to learn.

1.  "Obviously Windows hatched a virus out of nowhere, I should've used OS X!"

2.  "Isn't that kind of your own fault?...you were probably visiting a website and clicked a link that downloaded a virus or trojan"

1.  "Stop blaming me man! I know what I'm doing, okay?? All I did was click the popup that said 'WIN A FREE IPAD NOW!' "

2.  "This conversation is over, dude. I'm not talking to you ever again."

3. I am convinced that non-techies ask me to help them solve their computer woes for the sole purpose of being able to blame me the moment I touch their PC. 

4. Half of them worship Steve Jobs, and now that Steve is long gone, they just worship Apple instead.

5. The other half of them worship Alienware and Origin.

I'm pretty sure the reviewer is a techie who is just trolling. He says it's for Minecraft.

If it was true, they have won the "how stupid can you get" competition.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

They get all the chicks.

Mine biggest pet-peeve is when people can't understand the difference from frame lag to connection lag. It's not that hard, but people are amazingly stupid.

Meh, that thread is going downhill

Going? It went downhill a few months ago and will never return from the depths of Hell.

Nothing pisses me off more than people who ask for my help or opinion, but then refuse to listen to what I say. 

Non-techy friend/family: "My computer is running slow and I can't get certain programs to work."

Me: "You have viruses and malware, again. I told you last time I cleaned your computer to stop downloading "free" crap, pay a few bucks for a real protection program and start using Chrome."

Non-techy friend/family: "No, that's not it, but I don't know how this happened. But I know it's not that, you just can't avoid this stuff on the internet."

Me: "I've owned two different computers in the last 10 years, never once has either of my systems been infected with a virus or malware."

Non-techy friend/family: "Whatever, will you just fix it?"

I've had that conversation with multiple friends and family members, often more than once with the same person. The second most common thing that bugs me is people who refuse to clear their browsing history and junk files (had one friend who finally listened to me and he recovered over 30GB of HDD space), followed closely by people who never clean the dust out of their systems.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

when they don't take your advice.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

explaining stuff to them

Work Desktop | CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k | GPU: Quadro K1200 | Motherboard: EVGA Z97 Classified | RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3-2133Mhz | PSU: Seasonic 750W SS-750KM3 80 PLUS Gold | STORAGE: WD 1TB Se Enterprise Grade Drive & Corsair Neutron NX500 400GB NVMe PCIe  | COOLER: Enermax Liqtech 240 -  5x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 2000 PWM | CASE: Corsair 600C | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals: Logitech MX Master 2S -- Logitech K840 -- INTEL X520 10Gb NIC -- 3x Acer H236HL -- Build Log | 

Work Server | CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2650 v3 | Model: Cisco UCS C220 M4 (SFF) | RAM: 64GB (4x16GB) Cisco (Samsung) DDR4 2133Mhz | STORAGE: 4x Cisco (Seagate) 900GB 10K 2.5" (RAID 10) - 2x 32GB Cisco FlexFlash Boot Drive (RAID 1) | OS: vSphere 6.7 Enterprise Plus U3 | 

Laptop | CPU: Intel Core i7 6700HQ | GPU: Nvidia GTX 960M 2GB GDDR5 | RAM: 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2400Mhz | STORAGE: 512GB Hynix NVMe | OS: Windows 10 Pro |

Gaming Desktop | CPU: Intel Core i7 9700K | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G  | Motherboard: ASRock Z390 PHANTOM GAMING-ITX | RAM: Ballistix Elite 32GB Kit (16GB x 2) DDR4-3000 | PSU: Silverstone SX700-LPT 700w 80 PLUS Platinum | STORAGE: 2x Samsung 970 PRO 1TB NVMe | COOLER: Noctua NH-L12 | CASE: Louqe Ghost S1 | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Build Log in Progress | 

Home Server | CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2690 (Sandy Bridge) | GPU: Quadro P2000 | Motherboard: SUPERMICRO X9SRL-F  | RAM: 64GB (8x8GB) Micron VLP DDR3-1600 ECC | PSU: SUPERMICRO 665W 80 PLUS Bronze | STORAGE: 2x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB (RAID 1) - 4x WD 8TB Ultrastar (RAID 10) - Intel SSD D3-S4510 Series 240GB (BOOT)  | COOLER: Noctua NH-U12DXi4 with 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 3000 PWM | CASE: SUPERMICRO CSE-842TQ-665B 4U | OS: vSphere 6.7 Enterprise Plus U3 | Build Log in Progress |

| Pixel 4XL 128GB - Clearly White - Unlocked - Carrier: Visible |

| F@H STATS |

I'm curious to know what you guys think. For me, it has to be a couple of things

1)Non-techies that say "OMG PCS ARE SO SLOW AND MACS ARE WAY FASTER!" -_-

2)Non-techies that get a computer just based off of it's looks

3)Non-techies that claim that they have computer knowledge but in reality they don't

4)Non-techies that hate techies like us :(

etc...

100% agree. 

Case: Thermaltake Core V71 CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 1700X (overclocked to 4.1Ghz) Cooling: Corsair H110i GT(Push-Pull config) Motherboard: Gigabyte's Aorus AX370 AM4 K7 RAM: G.SKILL 2800Mhz 32GB GPU:  GEFORCE GTX 1080 (SLI) from Gigabyte Storage: Kingston 3K 240GB (main boot drive) Crucial M500 SSD, WD 2TB Green, 100GB HD(As backup) PSU: Sseasonic X Series 850W Gold

I am a christian and i find this extremely offensive and contrary to my beliefs

Non-techies annoy me because:

1. They act like they know everything. Obviously the first question that comes to mind is "why would you even ask me if you knew all this by yourself?" Then they deliver a long explanation about what they believe is true:

"Obviously Windows hatched a virus out of nowhere, I should've used OS X!"

"Dude, I have an i7, I should be able to play the latest games even with whatever this HD 4600 thing is"

"My Mac doesn't need active cooling like this, so my desktop obviously shouldn't"

2. They also don't like to learn.

1.  "Obviously Windows hatched a virus out of nowhere, I should've used OS X!"

2.  "Isn't that kind of your own fault?...you were probably visiting a website and clicked a link that downloaded a virus or trojan"

1.  "Stop blaming me man! I know what I'm doing, okay?? All I did was click the popup that said 'WIN A FREE IPAD NOW!' "

2.  "This conversation is over, dude. I'm not talking to you ever again."

3. I am convinced that non-techies ask me to help them solve their computer woes for the sole purpose of being able to blame me the moment I touch their PC. 

4. Half of them worship Steve Jobs, and now that Steve is long gone, they just worship Apple instead.

5. The other half of them worship Alienware and Origin.

I could make so many anti-christian jokes about your post, but I don't feel like getting banned before I reach 50 posts.

I disagree,

If you kill me you're better, If I kill you I'm better.

you know that moment when you start hearing something so stupid it actually gives you a headache, because your brain sits there and runs a phrase over and over and over again trying to find some redeeming factor about it... that entire video was like that for me

That video made me want to reach through my computer screen and punch her in the face. So much stupid, cant handle it *head explodes*