So, not (still) not even a topic about the Short Circuit vid 'Give your Mac a touch screen!' ?

As one of the worst Short Circuit video's in recent times and given the comment section and the dislike ratio (2:1), I'd expected to have seen a topic about this (and on the reddit forum). But no. I really don't get why this video is still up. Nor do I get why there is absolutely no response from LTT. And the community shouldn't let this slide, just because it's an unboxing

30 minutes ago, KoekingKoekoek said:

I really don't get why this video is still up

do you think LTT should remove videos just cause they're unpopular?

31 minutes ago, KoekingKoekoek said:

given the comment section and the dislike ratio (2:1)

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 hours ago, KoekingKoekoek said:

As one of the worst Short Circuit video's in recent times and given the comment section and the dislike ratio (2:1), I'd expected to have seen a topic about this (and on the reddit forum). But no. I really don't get why this video is still up. Nor do I get why there is absolutely no response from LTT. And the community shouldn't let this slide, just because it's an unboxing

Damn, you wake up on the wrong side of the bed? Calm down, it's just a YouTube video, ya keyboard warrior. Also, I see that you've literally only every posted this. No comments anywhere, nothing. Just, this absolute waste of time. Get a life and stop being pissy about the fact that you thought a YouTube video was bad. No-one cares.

1 minute ago, zombiepunk10 said:

Damn, you wake up on the wrong side of the bed? Calm down, it's just a YouTube video, ya keyboard warrior. Also, I see that you've literally only every posted this. No comments anywhere, nothing. Just, this absolute waste of time. Get a life and stop being pissy about the fact that you thought a YouTube video was bad. No-one cares.

Ah I see. According to you I should have build up some moral credit.

And 'no one cares' is exactly why LTT got shit from everyone last time.

7 hours ago, KoekingKoekoek said:

Ah I see. According to you I should have build up some moral credit.

And 'no one cares' is exactly why LTT got shit from everyone last time.

Not the "Moral Credit" part, more of a "you just came here to crap on a stupid YouTube video that serves no purpose in day-to-day life".

Posted (edited)

its 3 days old, as in posted just before weekend. Today is Monday. I'm sure if LMG feels something needs addressing, it will be discussed on WAN next Friday. In meantime, since you have watched it and are upset, maybe give here a gist on what you dislike about it? You can additionally TLDR comment section on, I guess, Youtube if you like. Then we can discuss if others here feel the same or not. After all, this is discussion forum and criticism for LMG is welcome. As long as it stays within reason.

E: Watched it. From Floatplane comments, I guess the issue is that its sponsored video and viewers think it received too good response than it should have. Considering it being sponsored is clearly said and marked, the comments of "good enough" and "ok", are imo fine. Overall this feels like another Playstation Portal, except this time its actually paid ad.

Edited by LogicalDrm

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

All I know is Plouffe is still getting enjoyment taking that pen out of the box...

But I'm just talking out my ass.

As a person who uses a macbook air and an ipad for design work, I wouldn't get this product because of reasons that Maria mentioned. That said, I feel this video was alright and it showed me the flaws and not-ideal price. Sure Plouffe triggered some people but I also felt he wasnt the right person to be unboxing this thing. 

It's funny people were criticizing LMG for not being truthful. They already showed the flaws and the price of the product. If they were untruthful, all these wouldn't even appear in the video. I'm sure people can make a decision for themselves rather than depend on the opinion of someone (Plouffe) who obviously does not draw for a living. Besides, Maria already said she'd just prefer an ipad so I'm not sure what people are actually unhappy about. 

On 4/8/2024 at 8:43 AM, aggie113 said:

All I know is Plouffe is still getting enjoyment taking that pen out of the box...

Lmao he probably still is tho

14 hours ago, crazzp said:

As a person who uses a macbook air and an ipad for design work, I wouldn't get this product because of reasons that Maria mentioned. That said, I feel this video was alright and it showed me the flaws and not-ideal price. Sure Plouffe triggered some people but I also felt he wasnt the right person to be unboxing this thing. 

It's funny people were criticizing LMG for not being truthful. They already showed the flaws and the price of the product. If they were untruthful, all these wouldn't even appear in the video. I'm sure people can make a decision for themselves rather than depend on the opinion of someone (Plouffe) who obviously does not draw for a living. Besides, Maria already said she'd just prefer an ipad so I'm not sure what people are actually unhappy about. 

My own guess :
- Plouffe saying it doesn't cost an arm and a leg, & sang praises.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

41 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

& sang praises

If "could be better" and "ok I guess" are praises, then I'm living in different reality. And people are watching wrong channel.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

If "could be better" and "ok I guess" are praises, then I'm living in different reality. And people are watching wrong channel.

😂

I'm guesing that for some people, when they hate something, those as well can be considered praise.

SInce it's more toward positive than negative.

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

42 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

😂

I'm guesing that for some people, when they hate something, those as well can be considered praise.

SInce it's more toward positive than negative.

Yeah, ok. I get what you mean.

The thing with that video, and Short Circuit overall, is that unless its Dan checking out some cheap bluetooth speaker, its not going to be trashing look. Thats not the style. So there's that. Then its sponsored. Which is said clearly at beginning and shown in title. So you know going in its not going to be too negative. Those two in mind, getting some positive points where that product earns them doesn't seem that bad thing that they would need to take something down or apologize.

Like, its not Dyson vacuum or anything like that.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LogicalDrm said:

Yeah, ok. I get what you mean.

The thing with that video, and Short Circuit overall, is that unless its Dan checking out some cheap bluetooth speaker, its not going to be trashing look. Thats not the style. So there's that. Then its sponsored. Which is said clearly at beginning and shown in title. So you know going in its not going to be too negative. Those two in mind, getting some positive points where that product earns them doesn't seem that bad thing that they would need to take something down or apologize.

Like, its not Dyson vacuum or anything like that.

Well yeah

It's better to just save your breath though, those kind of people wouldn't care.

Even just looking down or scrolling down a bit people should already can see it

image.thumb.png.2bf4d554e40f54393b441e39da1825dd.png

And yeah, like you have said in previous post, atleast share what could have been made better about the video, what's the actual problem, etc

Y'know, instead of straight up demanding justice or whatever like we own a goddamn crystal ball.

Refresh before you reply

1 hour ago, Poinkachu said:

And yeah, like you have said in previous post, atleast share what could have been made better about the video, what's the actual problem, etc

Y'know, instead of straight up demanding justice or whatever like we own a goddamn crystal ball.

I asked this as well.

Subby is just a seagull poster.  Flew in, squawked, took a shit on the forum and then flew away.

21 hours ago, Erioch said:

I asked this as well.

Subby is just a seagull poster.  Flew in, squawked, took a shit on the forum and then flew away.

Literally, they still haven't even posted anywhere else, only the 2 here...

On 4/9/2024 at 11:39 AM, zombiepunk10 said:

Lmao he probably still is tho

But I'm just talking out my ass.

Looking at the comment section... It seems people are mostly mad about the price and him saying "portable screen that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg" when it's over $800 (+89$ for the pen).... And the fact an ipad pro is about the same price, same resolution and doesn't need a computer to connect it to...

What they seems to be ignoring is the fact this is not just a touch screen portable monitor. It's a DRAWING portable screen.

"Designed for creatives, professionals and people who need to perform at their best, anywhere. " - their FAQ.

It's different from a regular touch screen.

It's made to compete with the likes of Wacom... which are even more expensive. Not the iPad.

https://estore.wacom.com/en-us/wacom-cintiq-pro-17-dth172k0a.html

The closest equivalent display is the Cintiq 17 Pro at $2.5k. 4k, 1.07B colors and 99% DCI-P3 colour space.

Basically the same display specs as the Espresso 17 (they claim 100% DCI-P3 but shortcircuit video says it's closer to 98). Which is less than half the price.

Maria made the comment that it wasn't as accurate as what she is used to. Now there's little to no available specs on the Apple Pen or iPas as far as precision points goes(or any other specs that matter, thanks Apple 🙄)... But the Espresso's pen is around 4000 precision points while the wacom is double that at 8192 . Looking at reviews online, it seems like the ipad pro with an apple pen is close to Wacom on that side of things. Which could explain her thoughts on that matter as far as precision goes.

My only complaint with that video, is that they pretend like it's just for Mac with that title. It is why I hadn't even watched it in the first place because I wasn't interested in a product for Apple computers.

But it also is compatible with Windows. Which they did not mention once in the video.

Had they made this video showcasing it as a drawing tablet on your Windows PC instead of pushing the ridiculous "touchscreen for Mac" narrative, it probably would've worked better.

Overall, bad execution. But it doesn't mean it isn't worth the price for what you get. Especially if you're not deep in the Apple Eco-system and want to add a "creative" display with a touchscreen to your Windows computer for design work. Amateur or semi pro.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro