If you had to pick a human real or fictional to represent your role model/hero/perfect person, who would it be?

jaqiefox

I know some people will post off the wall and intentionally outside of the intended purpose of this thread answers, but I genuinely am curious as to what people will answer, those who answer in all seriousness and sincerity.

Basically, pick a single human (as human in the canon of any fiction, even if their body is not) who represents the best of everything you hold dear; hold as a hero or role model to yourself?  This is all about their personality and values, not about how they look.

--------------

For me there is no question, the answer is the Motoko Kusenagi from the ghost in the shell stand alone complex season 1 and 2 (she is somewhat if a different person in the other media she is represented in, so this is specific for me).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motoko_Kusanagi

Ghost_in_the_Shell_S.A.C._2nd_GIG_Motoko

motoko_bio.jpg

How about you?

I am a female pc hardware expert and enthusiast, over 170 IQ, been in the tech scene since the 80s. get over it.  This message brought to you by me being tired of people which have problems with any of those things.   ~Jaqie Fox

-=|Fighting computer ignorance since 1995|=-

Me.I'm not perfect,but I'm myself.

"If you fear someone or want to be someone you can't be Budha!"

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

easy question

Leeloo from Fifth Element

"Leeloo multipass"

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

"Leeloo multipass"

muuuuuuulteeeeeepaaaaaaas

i changed my mind

(look up)

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

*sigh*

I figured nobody would be capable of seriously answering this.

I am a female pc hardware expert and enthusiast, over 170 IQ, been in the tech scene since the 80s. get over it.  This message brought to you by me being tired of people which have problems with any of those things.   ~Jaqie Fox

you want a serious answer ?

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

you want a serious answer ?

Did you even read the original post?

*sigh*

It is kind of a weird question. There is nobody I would rather be than me to be honest. Nobody is perfect so why should I want to be someone else? 

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

It is kind of a weird question. There is nobody I would rather be than me to be honest. Nobody is perfect so why should I want to be someone else? 

It's not about being someone else, it's about someone who represents what you value and deem best.  As I said, role model, hero, et cetra.

Jeremy Clarkson

tumblr_lnwy9d0X5u1qh2mpqo1_500.gif

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Anothe super serious answer

Emma Watson

giphy.gif

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Jeremy Clarkson

ROTFLMAO!

And yes, despite his exterior personality he is an incredibly good and worthy person.

Just... way too caveman-ish for me personally.

Still, awesome choice! :D

*sigh*

spoodermen,

2iszdjn.jpg

shots web lik no1 can n get girl woth web,

ho cool wud b 2 clim wall w/ notin bot hand n web,

notin bet web,

spodermun 4ver,

MotherboardASUS M5A97 le R2.0, CPUAMD FX-6300, Graphics CardSapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB,

PSU: Corsair CX600M, RAM: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X Series, HDD1TB Seagate Barracuda, CaseCM Storm Enforcer

spoodermen,

2iszdjn.jpg

shots web lik no1 can n get girl woth web,

ho cool wud b 2 clim wall w/ notin bot hand n web,

notin bet web,

spodermun 4ver,

Anothe super serious answer

Emma Watson

IMO people who can't be serious about this sort of question and/or those that post shallow answers are afraid of themselves and of life.  Quoted is a perfect example of what I mean.

Stephen Fry. 

Im sure i'll think of more later

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

There's no such thing as a perfect person real or otherwise, if a person is perfect they might as well be a robot because people are nothing without the one thing that makes us Human above all else.

That being said I cannot pick just one person living or dead real or fictional that best represents the traits I value the most.

The values I hold most dear are

Humor

317977-jeremy-clarkson.jpg

Kindness

Vash1.jpg

Intelligence and Determination

957207lulu_wally_by_Lelouch_vi_Britannia

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I already buried that person. Was one of the most painful things someone has to go through when they bury the person who raised them.

Did you even read the original post?

yes i did mate !

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

IMO people who can't be serious about this sort of question and/or those that post shallow answers are afraid of themselves and of life.  Quoted is a perfect example of what I mean.

A dicky comment deserves a dicky response. 

Referring to: 

*sigh*

MotherboardASUS M5A97 le R2.0, CPUAMD FX-6300, Graphics CardSapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB,

PSU: Corsair CX600M, RAM: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X Series, HDD1TB Seagate Barracuda, CaseCM Storm Enforcer

I already buried that person. Was one of the most painful things someone has to go through when they bury the person who raised them.

Very true for those of us fortunate enough to have good supportive and loving parents, but also try not to forget that there is a whole lot of pain in having bad parents too.  In this case role models have to be chosen external to family to stay sane.

yes i did mate !

Then the question you ask was already answered, so why did you post the question?