Amazon and Hyundai launch a broad, strategic partnership—including vehicle sales on Amazon.com in 2024

agatong439

Summary

In 2024, auto dealers for the first time will be able to sell vehicles in Amazon’s U.S. store, and Hyundai will be the first brand available for customers to purchase.

Quotes

This new digital shopping experience will make it easy for customers to purchase a new car online, and then pick it up or have it delivered by their local dealership at a time that works best for them. Customers will be able to search on Amazon for available vehicles in their area based on a range of preferences, including model, trim, color, and features; choose their preferred car; and then check out online with their chosen payment and financing options—all within the Amazon experience they already know and trust. This new shopping experience will create another way for dealers to build awareness of their selection and offer convenience to their customers.  

My thoughts

This will be interesting to see how it actually works out but I guess Amazon really wants to be able to sell anything and everything on its platform. 

Sources

https://www.aboutamazon.com/news/company-news/amazon-hyundai-partnership

42 minutes ago, agatong439 said:

This will be interesting to see how it actually works out but I guess Amazon really wants to be able to sell anything and everything on its platform. 

I'd like to know if shipping this to Alaska will be free since I have Prime.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

17 hours ago, IkeaGnome said:

And if you can use a UPS QR code to do returns

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Honestly this is great buying cars as the dealer is such a stupid outdated practice anyway. If dealers are no longer negotiating then I have no incentive to step foot in one might as well buy a car from my couch. Tesla has been doing it for years.

18 hours ago, IkeaGnome said:

*not available in your current location 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Oh wow, a new way to test a car. Buy on Amazon and if you're not satisfied within a month, just contact Amazon and have it refunded. Maybe they'll even tell you to keep it. /s

Honestly, this is just crazy. I do want to see what will come out of it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

2 hours ago, Fasterthannothing said:

Honestly this is great buying cars as the dealer is such a stupid outdated practice anyway. If dealers are no longer negotiating then I have no incentive to step foot in one might as well buy a car from my couch. Tesla has been doing it for years.

Partly, i agree. Test drives are still a thing and the more boutique brands have hundreds of configuration options that require someone with knowledge to assist you in the buying process.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

1 hour ago, Fasterthannothing said:

Functionally, Internet sales have driven new cars sales for almost a decade now. That's where the majority of sales have gone, though it's mostly been something of a e-mail to call based system. Reality is no one likes to really talk to salesman. This ends up tying in with the Self-Checkout debate at grocery stores.

The weird part in car sales is it's actually flipped back to the older way. I believe it was almost until the 90s that car sales were majority of Order-based not On Lot-based. Financing rules changed a lot and a push for instant sales (and the increase in high pressure sales tactics) also changed the way people interacted with the market.  This also probably explains the rabid explosion that was eBay Motors, where people were willing to buy "sight unseen" with only the vaguest of protections, all so they didn't have to deal with sales.

But, the real question: can we get Next Day Delivery? haha

1 hour ago, Stahlmann said:

Partly, i agree. Test drives are still a thing and the more boutique brands have hundreds of configuration options that require someone with knowledge to assist you in the buying process.

YES!
It's beyond stupid to treat a vehicle purchase like buying a CPU off the web.
You at least have to test drive it, have a chance to look it over and inspect it in detail for yourself before buying.

1 hour ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Functionally, Internet sales have driven new cars sales for almost a decade now.

Do as you like of course but I will NOT ever buy one that way, I'll check it over and test drive it myself before any kind of deal is made.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

Until we can cut the dealer out entirely, this just seems like involving yet another party in the car buying process? 

You can bet Amazon is making money off of this, and the dealer is still going to make money off of it. 

I'd be surprised if this ends up being much more than Amazon advertising local dealers inventory for Hyundai. Which means probably won't be long before everyone else hops on the bandwagon. Amazon is essentially the new Auto Trader, Hyundai is just the test bed. 

Until laws are changed, and dealers can be cut out, things won't change. I'm not saying dealers don't serve a purpose, just we shouldn't be forced to use them.