I need a new phone.

JordB

Get the iPhone SE. I have one myself and I haven't regretted it one bit. It's 10000000000000x faster than my Motorola that released the same year and my iPhone SE is from 2020. Get the newest model and make sure to get a Rhinosheild Case. It turned my phone into a Nokia. I think Apple takes the W in your case with an excellent display, a great camera, and amazing cell service. Apple devices age beautifully. I'm still using iPad mini 4 which is about to turn 9 and it still runs better than my school and home computers combined in Photoshop. Take care, Linus.

iPhone SE 3 tidbits: Lacks MagSafe and Ceramic Shield technologies, IP67,  no 5G mmWave - 9to5Mac

image.png.452b70910ca00cc380ed603017fb3c6b.png

Did anyone else notice what sounds like an AI overdub of Linus’ voice at 9:43 ?

Hi.

the S23 Ultra has a good score straight across the board + it comes with the Samsung stick thing. The only downside is if you get a screen protector you need a special one with a bubble to make fingerprint work but the glass on it is pretty durable and it has an IP68 rating.

Screenshot 2023-10-04 005755.png

Screenshot 2023-10-04 005742.png

Screenshot 2023-10-04 005731.png

Screenshot 2023-10-04 005717.png

3 hours ago, ThatFinn said:

The Fairphone 5 would be a great option. It's easily repairable so he doesn't need a case.

For a guy that says he supports right to repair it's the natural option imo.

Also this probably will be my next phone too

17 minutes ago, M4W01F said:

the S23 Ultra has a good score straight across the board + it comes with the Samsung stick thing. The only downside is if you get a screen protector you need a special one with a bubble to make fingerprint work but the glass on it is pretty durable and it has an IP68 rating.

Screenshot 2023-10-04 005755.png

Screenshot 2023-10-04 005742.png

Screenshot 2023-10-04 005731.png

Screenshot 2023-10-04 005717.png

Lil man with the big power in his pocket

+ really nice brick, love it

Just throwing my 2 cents in Asus Rog phone 7. https://rog.asus.com/us/phones/rog-phone-7/
Has all the features he wants front facing speakers a headphone jack. The jack is why I bought my ROG phone 5 I drive old cars that don't have bluetooth but do have the jack.
Camera might be the sticking point though.image.png.33b8039b50eaef5c741969f501292ba2.png

Iphone 15 Pro or Pro Max Apple's ecosystem is so much better and more good.

Have you tried turning it off and on again? Maybe Restart it? 

Please make sure to Mark the Solution as a Solution.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I could be just about wrong as I am right.

Main RIG

13600K (Undervolted) +MSI Z690 Edge Wi-Fi+ Team Elite 32gb RAM (3200) +Noctua Nhd-15 Chromax Black+ Intel 670p 1TB SSD+ Intel Arc A770+ Corsair Crystal 465x case+ EVGA SuperNOVA 650W PSU.+ ASUS VP222 Gaming Monitor

Laptop for School: Surface go 2 (sucks ass)

Laptop for tinkering: Dell Inspirion 3358

Audio: Apple Airpods Pro (1st Gen)

(Apple_reigns_ supreme_ forever_ and_ ever)

(I am 15 years old and don't know shit about fucking shit.) 

Everyone must suffer one of two Pains: The pain of Discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment.

-Jim Rohn

I suggest that you choose one of the phone from this website:

www.ulefone.com

Will the iphone 15 stop a bullet? Nokia babyyyyyyyyyyyy

You'd think Linus would be using something like NextCloud to auto-backup his (and the family) devices.

It can be self hosted on his NAS so maybe useful video project for the team to share?

----------------------------
        Weem

Z Flip 5 meets all the requirements, including some of the more niche ones. I personally think its the superior form factor to the Z Fold series. No case, but a Dbrand skin is a strong recommendation to keep the bottom glass from being too lubricous.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

I've seriously considered Xperia the last couple of times I've needed a new phone. It has a bunch of pro camera stuff that I wouldn't use, but they still have really good specs all round. The slimmer design might suit Linus too.

I ended up with a OnePlus 9 & kinda regret it. Their software is not what it used to be.

I want to vote but there isn't a poll long enough to touch reddit with.

So here is my suggestion. Samsung S23 Ultra.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

2 hours ago, Sandeep_1705 said:

Try Sony xperia 1 V, as it has good cameras, fast non-laggy cpu and really very good display and fast fingerprint and durable frame

It will fill up your most needs

I agree the Sony xperia 1 V is a great looking option for linus

and why dont linus root his note 9 and install latest android?i beat issue is samsung software updates what underclocked phone specs.

I really like the suggestion of one of the DOOGEE flagships. A phone that puts function above appearance and the inclusion of a thermal camera would be handy for him.

I would think an iPhone would have be suitable but the lack of side-loading + glass back makes it an ill advised option for the client.

Another option I would be interested in seeing Linus try is a Pixel running GrapheneOS with sand-boxed Google services. Though it does come at the cost of no android auto or google pay.