I need a new phone.

JordB

I'll be honest, I have no clue what he should get. But I for my part think maybe he could try the new Huawei P40 Pro+

I've had a Huawei P20 Pro as my daily drive since 2018, and it's just in the last year that the battery life has gone to the point where I have to charge it once a day.

And yes I know, I know: "Huawei! Why would you let China spy on you!?"... I mean it's not like any other American based company isn't already doing it too (Google, Facebook, Twitter etc.), so what's the big deal?

6 minutes ago, jenci8888 said:

That picture shows Xperia 5 IV...

My suggestion would be Xperia 5 V.

Oops, posted from my phone so didn't check properly. Has edited my post to show the correct phone.

If you want me to answer, please use the quote function or tag me. I dont get notified unless you do

From the preferences I heard you should look into the Xiaomi 13 pro 5G or the Xiaomi 13T Pro 5G.

Note that both have a 120W charger.

Hope you find a great phone Linus

I hope you have a wonderful day

I think I would recommend a Pixel 7 (a/Pro) (maybe 8 (Pro) if it is out at the time he needs to choose a new one) because they have really great performence, great camera, a good screen, vanilla android experience, they work with iFixit for replacement parts and they get updated a long time.

Edit: I forgot to add that I think most if not every Pixel device supports USB 3 5GB/s speeds or above.

57 minutes ago, kyswalter said:

15 pro max 

No, just no

I'd like to see someone in the tech review space daily drive an ASUS phone and blast them for their various issues. I daily drive an ROG Phone 3, and I'm pretty sure it meets all of your requirements (and most of your wants), but of course ASUS has a tendency to break their phones when they upgrade them to newer Android versions, and they refuse to give monthly security updates (which I never hear reviewers mention).

Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G MORE PICTURES

Try the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G 

May be a graphic of 1 person, beard and text that says 'Bigscreen Beyond BigscreenVR'

Moisturize me.

I would like to know what you think about the pixel fold. I purchased the fold5 but sent it back within the 14-day return window. I opted for the Note line instead because it had a Bluetooth pen, a more durable screen and lack of hinge, and a lower price. I'm curious if you have any solutions for these problems or if you can persuade me that they are not deal-breakers.

Just another 3D printing nerd.

I would go for a Z Flip 5

Reasons:

• Compact
  • Fast
  • 120Hz screen
  • Android
  • Second screen on the outside to fast check your messages
  • Samsung has a great eco system and it doesn't have to be all Samsung and it will still connect perfectly

If I didn't get the Samsung S23 I would have gotten the Z Flip 5

CPU Intel i7 12700F Motherboard ASUS H670 Wifi RAM Corsair 4X 8GB 3600 MHz GPU ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3070

Storage Samsung 980 PRO 1TB | 980 1TB | 970 EVO PLUS 1TB Case Fractal Design Define Compact Tempered Glass Dark

in my opinion i see 2 phones that have a good scope and match your needs. the samsung fold 4 or s23 ultra.

(edit mentioned wrong phone, should be the 1 V and some extra's)

I am personally have been a Sony user for 10 years now starting with the Xperia Z.

Since that moment never changed to a different company.

Thats why i suggest the Sony Xperia 1 V

My daily driver is the Sony Xperia 5 IV. I love this phone. Its snappy, Has good 5G support, Dual sim, The higly requested audio jack still included.

4k display at 120HZ. Great audio quality for calls.

And the most important part on a Sony phone is the camera.

The app for your camera is no longer the generic camera app but now designed to push the max out of it.

It uses the Cinema Pro en Photo Pro app. Supports the H.265 Codec. Shoot your footage in raw. Night time shoots look amazing.

Battery life is 5000 mAH.

My video I can't show you due to being raw footage and un-edited.

https://electronics.sony.com/mobile/smartphone/all/p/xqdq62-b

assets_Asset+Hierarchy_Consumer+Assets_Mobile+Phones_Xperia+Series_Xperia+1+V_eComm+Product+Images_B_01-Xperia+1+V_sub6_group_black.png

Edited by Craftyhouse
incorrect phone mentioned, my bad.

I'm using the Oppo find x5 pro and I like it. It is not the newest phone but will get Android 14. So it is a phone the is updated for a while. 

There are two choices that come to mind: I would say either the iPhone 15 Pro or Pro Max or for the android side of things, I'd say a Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra for the S-Pen

In all honesty I've had a total of 4 smart phones ever so I haven't had a very varied experience, which could be bad for diversity in this topic but also good that I haven't felt the need to upgrade my phone all the time. I currently use the iPhone X amd considering it came out in 2017 (I bought mine in 2018) it still recieves updates and is on the most recent iOS. It was the last iPhone to have 3D touch which is great imo, although it does only go up to 256GB which is a shame but maybe that's not an issue for you personally ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm not a heavy user (except physically lol) but my phone seems to last all day for me and I never feel like the battery is bad, obviously it totally depends on how the battery has been treated over the years, but considering it's over 6 years old I'd say that's impressive. I have big-ish hands so I'd say the screen is perfect for me to use one-handed comfortabley.

No camera shortcut button but swiping left on the lockscreen to access it seems reasonable imo. I've gone caseless most of the time and my phone has one very slight dent in the screen, bare in mind I use to work in construction and this phone survived the entire time, it got karate kicked out of my hand once and landed on a wooden floor yet survived no issue.

Overall I'd say it's perfectly fine especially for it's age, still recieving updates (6 years old so maybe it's only got a year left but we'll have to wait and see) is very responsive still and all my apps still work on it perfectly fine, camera is fine for my use although I do rarely use it, on the occassions I have used it though it has been great for what I needed it for. Face ID also is very snappy and responsive. Personally I love my iPhone X and haven't felt the need to upgrade in years.

1 hour ago, ThatFinn said:

The Fairphone 5 would be a great option. It's easily repairable so he doesn't need a case.

Can you get it in North America?

What about actual model of iPhone SE? It will be hillarious to watch) That Fingerprint, that "enormous" screen, that precious form factor...)) 

image.jpeg

Sony Xperia 5 V or Asus ZenFone 10. Both have 3.5mm jacks and they're a little smaller than most flagships but not too tiny!

IMHO Just stick with Samsung's latest fold.  If have been a Samsung note user forever, and can't immagine not having what that type of phone offers. I'd go fold IF I didn't also carry a Surface Pro in my bag. 

Jus buy an iPhone they offer 1tb storage 120hz display USB-C 3 great speakers battery life point and shot camera with a high shutter speed reliability and side loading is expected to come very soon