I need a new phone.

JordB

iPhone SE (2022). It is pretty affordable (for an iPhone), still has touch ID, gets the long software support, and it isn't the clunkiest phone around with probably an average size screen. My first phone was the SE (2016) and I've been using that line ever since. I'm currently using the 2020 revision and my only complaint is the missing headphone jack, though that's true for most modern devices these days. I recently got the 2022 revision from my service provider for a sibling at a reduced price ($149.99 USD) and so far, I like it just as much as the pervious revision. To be fair my family got me in to apple devices at a young age (iPad, iPod Touch) so I am biased towards that over android. Best of luck to you on your phone shopping journey!

You know, if you were using a Samsung XCover Pro, you would still be working...

How about the newer XCover 6 Pro version. https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/phones/galaxy-xcover/galaxy-xcover6-pro-128gb-unlocked-sm-g736uzkexaa/

It's a business phone, so updates for YEARS and with excellent update history (at least 4/year in my experience)

Unlocked, with all the bands

Extra buttons so you can assign camera to a dedicated button

120Hz refresh

6.6" FHD screen

REPLACEABLE BATTERY (so when you do wear it out, you can swap in a new one)
Glove-friendly
Headphone jack
USB-3 speed

im not 100% sure if my phone suits, but i do know this

it supports 5g + 4g speeds

it feels snappy for me at least

it has a decent size display

it has a decent amount of storage

it can withstand a beating and the phone case i use- is very comfortable

the phone i have is a moto g stylus 5 or smthn like that

I would like to see Linus use an affordable phone for once and daily drive it for some time. Because sometimes I feel that, when they give reviews of affordable phones they always focus on wrong things and look at them from the perspective of "well, this phone is cheap, no wonder this or that doesn't work correctly". Realistically, most of the apps he uses any phone nowdays can handle, even those that cost up to 200 EUR. However, what the phones lack these days are basic phone features. They all make computers out of phones but most of these don't make good phones. For example, proximity sensors don't work correctly which makes your face mute your microphone in the middle of important conversations, screen doesn't allow you to answer the call because the phone app suddenly got stuck behind the lock screen, vibration sucks, or stuff like those. Or the fact that sound coming out of the 3,5 mm jack sounds wrong and too processed without a way to correct it (yes Nokia, I am looking at you).

However, I don't want him to struggle with it. I actually want him to try out a good affordable phone like Motorola Moto G32 and prove that affordable phones are enough.

On 10/3/2023 at 11:39 PM, emosun said:

I'm always amazed at how crappy people are at not dropping or maintaining their phones. it just reeks of big altima energy

ok

I strongly reccomend the Realme X7 Pro . iv'e been rocking the x2 pro since launch and bought it overseas. 4 years later and it still holds up just fine. the succesor of this phone iv'e heard is evven better with the modern fetures. They improved the cameras alot even tho the old Camera was never bad. increased battery and a newer processor. everything I love about the x2 is stil there. and a bonus is that it's cheap

I'll give Linus my old samsung galaxy s10e for a 3 minute all I can add to the cart from ltt store

From MKBHD's videos, the pixel 8 or Pixel 7 may be a very good option for your use cases. It has an easy to use camera with great quality, it also has waterproofing from my understanding and it has the very best of Android software. Whatever you choose, good luck with your decision! 😊🔥✌️

• 2 weeks later...

get a Zenfone 10 man, small high refresh rate phone with thicc cameras

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2023 at 9:32 PM, LeafHasLeft said:

Can we force Linus to daily drive the LG wing.LG Wing review: weird, fun, and surprisingly usable | nextpit

now we wone 😄 

Just found someone else daily driving the wing 😄 image.thumb.png.46daf81d3c26a5553c9d5ad0d2bfb4a8.pngshe got so pissed with the interface, she a suppervilain 😄 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2023 at 10:27 PM, jonnk42 said:

Just found someone else daily driving the wing 😄she got so pissed with the interface, she a suppervilain 😄 

"drove" You forgot to mention that it is not stepping proof. Jenny Kord stomps on it at the end of the movie. Bummer.