I need a new phone.

JordB
2 minutes ago, Pawel2282 said:

I think Xperias are awesome.

Maybe Xperia PRO 1 if he is a professional.Smartfon SONY Xperia Pro-I 12/512GB 6.5" 120Hz 5G Czarny

I think regular 1 V would be enough - bah  - 1 IV ain't much of a downgrade from V - if able to purchase a year old phone

If it's not available my first suggestion goes away 😞 But here is my 3 top pick for Linus.

1. Fairphone 5.

2. Google Pixel 8.

3. iPhone 15 Pro

1 minute ago, ThunderFrames said:

1. Fairphone 5

Ye it’s not available in NA

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

Pixel 8 / 8 pro. Not out yet but up for preorder tomorrow. A review and a user's dedicated perspective :) 

A left field suggestion the iPhone SE 5G. He said he loved the iPhone 6, and wants fingerprint reader. He has small hands so a small phone would be a good idea. Water resistance should survive a dunk in a pool.

OK the screen is small with an old school bezels arrangement that feels 10 years out of date but the processor is plenty fast and Apple support is on point. The camera is OK, good enough for a quick snap of the kids, video recording is good too.

I'm still using an iPhone SE 2020 and its nice pocketable handset. It still has a couple of years of support from Apple. I see no reason to change until that support ends. The latest 5G SE has better battery life than my 2020 version but battery replacements aren't that expensive. I was surprised to see I can get my battery replaced are the Apple store for around £40 quid.

If we are to land Linus with a "funny" phone rather than the obvious choices of whatever the latest and greatest Samsung or Apple handset, at least the iPhone SE would meet some if not all of his requirements. In 2023 for a tech savvy techtuber rocking an iPhone SE would be a talking point at least.

ASUS ROG Phone 7 Ultimate is a mobile powerhouse. I love mine.

Considering you've been daily-driving mostly (maybe only) top tier phones, it might be fun, to try some midrange options. I've been daily-driving the Samsung A70 for the last 4 years (it has even managed the be my main computing device for a couple of years) and the plastic back in combination with the gorilla glass meant, that it withstood multiple 4'' drops on surfaces like rough concrete, tiled floor and similar hard floor surfaces, so if the newer A-series Samsung phones have similar durability, the A54 5G might be a good option, not even talking about the sideloading, the optical in-screen fingerprint scanner and the bang for the buck potential, these midrange phones often have.

I would like to propose the Nokia XR21 as an Alternative. Linus should not be able to break it as easily ( and it should (other than the fairphone) be available in Canada)

these would be my top suggestions:

iPhone 15 Plus

Google Pixel 7 (not pro)

Samsung S23 Plus

Nothing Phone 2

I get that it's probably not the right phone for you personally, but I wish you would go with the iphone 13 mini. It's such a great phone and everyone who has one loves it so much. Would be great to generate more buzz around it so apple brings back something like it in the future. Being able to fully use the phone with one hand is so nice, and the battery life is pretty good on the 13 mini (as opposed to the 12 mini). Good luck with whatever you pick though

Xiaomi 13 Pro - 512GB Please ! By far the best Android OS I have ever used and it's Solid, you'll love the
- RF blaster ( Check )
- In-Screen fingerprint reader ( check )
- runs NA bands ( check )
- IP68 ( Check )
- Dope Leica Lense ( Check)
- WQHD OLED ( Check )
- Power button Camera ( Check )
- Minimalistic OS ( Check )
- Side Loading ( Check )
- Latest Snapdragon processor ( Check )
- Huge battery ( check )
- wireless and reverse wireless charging ( check )
It just works, got mine on my birthday at launch, and have fallen in love. I'm using the Samsung Flip 5 for my work, and the OS is no contest , Xiaomi wins

34 minutes ago, HeyVico said:

DOOGEE V MAX, one of the most rugged phones out there. If you cant stop dropping tech, the tech must adopt.

I can vouch for that I've been using S87 it for years.  One week battery life and indestructible.

I've personally had a great experience with Xiaomi products, currently running a Xiaomi Mi11 Lite 5G.

I'd like to put forward the Xiaomi 13 Pro.spacer.png
OS wise, it's running MIUI14 (Global release) so running Android 13 and from experience, I've had at minimum 3-4 years of main OS support with 5-6 (my previous device) security updates. Unlockable Bootloader so you can install a custom OS, like I have.
Supports all but 1 of the NA cellular bands Listed under "Network & Connectivity"
Still supports Google and all its services & obviously can sideload apps too.
Repairability is usually great, iFixit has carried some key parts like glass and batteries but it is pretty easy to find basically everything you'd need to replace anything either through local suppliers or even AliExpress (I had to replace my fingerprint sensor and rear glass on my Mi11 and a number of batteries over the years).
Fitted with Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
3 Leica camera sensors, all 50MP and from my experience with other devices that family use, the main MIUI camera app can have the beauty modes turned completely off and doesn't overly process images or video. Stabilisation is good but not great. A function enabled in settings allows for fast access to the camera by double pressing the volume down key too.

Hi Linus, I am currently using the Samsung s21 and it is a god send, you can do everything on it and even though it doesn't have the fold screen for larger viewing angles it is super convenient. Also, myself personally I have so many apps on my phone and it remains quick and snappy all the time which is a big thing for me. 

I have literally just ordered the ZFold 5, because i want the screen size, and Linus's using it for so long.

So i thought i would be nice and suggest that.

It's basic but it's good, the S23 Ultra

I've been using it since it came out and its been a monster, this thing has demolished every task I throw at it. it also has a nice big screen for multitasking. It has one of the best camera systems on the market and a high-quality bright panel. The battery life is one of my favorite things about the phone. I take mine off the charger at 6:30 in the morning and plug it in around 7-8 at night. The in-display fingerprint scanner is worse than the Fold 3 but it's faster than the S21 Ultra that you complained about on Wan show. it uses the latest Gorilla Glass Victus 2 and has the spen for those moments where it's just nice like signing a document, taking a quick note, or using it as a camera shutter. I've also been running the one UI 6 beta and so far it's looking really good. The phone also gets 4 years of software support so it will get up to Android 17. I would heavily recommend the 512GB version because of the upgraded RAM. Samsung also always has sales on their devices so you will have a good chance of getting it cheaper than retail. I'm also a very clumsy person and ran mine without a case for about 3 months and it survived some really hard drops that I was sure would kill it. Overall the 23 Ultra is a super solid pick and would be one of your best options. Samsung isnt the best when it comes to repairability but they aren't the worst. Samsung offers repair kits on Ifixits website and things like the back glass and battery are very easy to repair and take about an hour. Now time for downsides. the 23 Ultra will only have those genuine Samsung parts after the s24 series gets released next February. Also as I said before, the screen isn't as big as the fold, so not as much multitasking, and the fingerprint scanner isn't as good as the fold. I would also keep a good eye on the Google event tomorrow and see what they have to offer. good luck :)

46 minutes ago, JordB said:

Thanks to an unexpected dip in the pool, Linus' trusty Z Fold 3 is out of commission, and he needs YOUR help picking his next phone!

Honor Magic 5 Pro. Should be able to cover all your requirements. Plz test and reply. I think it is easily gonna be the best u could buy.image.jpeg.e35c7065f30ac03cc1d5f657ada3d155.jpeg