I need a new phone.

JordB

How about something simple yet fun...Galaxy Z FLIP 5?

I love my Flip3, super cool tech, nice and compact, unfolded is a great size screen, folded there is plenty of functionality on the front screen.

Buy the Oukitel WP19

it has 21000mAh battery

256 GB Storage

8 GB RAM, 2133 MHZ

ip69k
ip68
mil-std-810h

I think that you should buy this phone because it is very durable and waterproofOukitel WP19.docx

Samsung S23 ultra, you definitely fall in love with it.

I'd say Asus Zenfone 10.  Includes the 3.5mm jack, 144hz Super AMOLED screen, IP68, Side Mount Fingerprint Sensor, has a 16GB RAM model with 512GB of storage.

Z Fold 5!! Z Fold 5!! Z Fold 5!! Z Fold 5!! Z Fold 5!! Z Fold 5!! Z Fold 5!! Z Fold 5!! Z Fold 5!! Z Fold 5!! Z Fold 5!! Z Fold 5!! Z Fold 5!! Z Fold 5!! Z Fold 5!!

PC SPECS -: RYZEN 5 5600x, PowerColor Red Devil Radeon RX 6700 XT 12GB, 32GB DDR4 3733MhzNoctua NH-D15

As well as a Dyslexic left-handed Software Engineering Student!

Why mention left handed you may say, you should see how I hold a pen! 

11 hours ago, JordB said:

Thanks to an unexpected dip in the pool, Linus' trusty Z Fold 3 is out of commission, and he needs YOUR help picking his next phone!

Xperia 5 IV ( stupid name ) its compactish(same as normal size iphone but 21:9) , good camera with toys on board . Not V because extra 200 and no certificate for NA networks 

9 hours ago, aidenburnside said:

As a pixel boi myself, let's give him the pixel seven pro and see how long it takes him to find something busted

The pixel 8 pro is releasing for pre order today tho. That might be a good choice

10 hours ago, Dedayog said:

On purpose. 

Knowing him, most likely

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

Honestly the S23 or S22 might be a good choice or alternative to apple 

I may be a little biased since I personally have an S22 Ultra but it is a really good phone and I drop my phone a lot and I only recently got a case and still hasn't cracked on me

I think you should use a Fairphone 5. I don't know why you see a problem in microSD usage (you said something along the lines of data corruption, etc.); all microUSB cards I've used in the past ten years, never let me down, and can still be accessed to this day. Anyway, I'd still opt for the Fairphone. Being a longtime Android user myself, I still you see you using an iPhone 15 (any variant) as well.

Or, and let's make this a bold and unpopular opinion: since you've mentioned on the WAN Show from September 1st (I think) you were not aware that CAT makes phones. Why not try the CAT s22 Flip. It's been my holiday phone and my fall-back device, in case anything happens to my main phone (currently Samsung A53 5G), because I still need the microSD slot!

i really want to see a cheap phone, up to 250 bucks maybe. this price range doesn't really get a lot of attention, so it is difficult to shop for a phone.

i don't know much about phones or snapdragon processors, since my interest for technology is mostly driven by gaming, and mobile games are utter garbage. i personally can't justify buying an expensive phone, because i don't actually do anything that should require a lot of processing power. light browsing, taking pictures, listening to music, watching youtube and texting is all i really do.
since i don't know much about phones i'll leave it to somebody else to pick a phone in that price range. i currently have a Samsung A10, which admittedly is too slow (and old) to really be usable.

all i see in the reddit thread are flagship phones and a couple of meme phones. for once we have the chance to have linus really test a budget phone long term and give us his honest opinion and we are wasting it.

Hi Linus . . . . !
I think Nokia can be a good option, for example XR21 & G42 5G . . . . !

A few Phones come to mind! 

Fairphone 5 is definitely a solid phone for Software Support, Durability (No need for a case) and extremely repairable! 

Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

I feel like this may be the more realistic, simply because it's something your familiar with and improves on why you stuck with the Note 9 for so long! I have no idea if you've used Dex or not, but Dex has gotten really good as of late, which is bound to be great for your Google Spreadsheets when a Desktop/Laptop isn't free. But even then the screen is big for the spreadsheet on the device itself! In addition The Spen is bound to be useful for, like you said for take Selfies and also writing things down. 

Google Pixel 7/8/Pixel Fold (When the 8 comes out) 

Google has had a relatively good track record for screen/Back repairability. The 7 has Gen 3.2 Data transfer speeds, but has a 2.0 Cable. 

The Pixel Fold would be good back to form from the Fold 3, and many reason why you loved foldable phones (same benefits that the traditional Pixel offers too!) In addition, since you still have the phone in hand it isn't as hard of a pill to swallow for the price of the phone! 

Asus ZenFone 10 would be nice to go to in regards to it being a smaller phone, great performance and a headphone Jack! 

Even though it's extremely difficult to use Windows Phone as of late, there would still be one I'd recommend. The Microsoft Lumia 950 XL for it's Type c port, Continuum, easily replaceable Battery headphone jack. Second option would be the Nokia Lumia 930 (which I used for about 4 years) It has Amazing Battery life (if replaced) Great durability! Headphone Jack, but has a Micro-USB Charging Port. 

In summary, I'd recommend The S23 Ultra or Pixel 8 when it's out later today? 

iPhone 15 Pro (Max if desired). And get rid of that USB Backup sh*t. Use the iCloud and maybe have a 3rd party sync service for redundancy backups. You should also try the parent/family features.

12 hours ago, Spindel said:

iPhone 13 Mini

Come and join the ”phone that is comfortable in pants pockets” -master race!

With a mous case!

- Mardax

I like that people suggested the Fairphone. That's certainly an interesting phone.

However I have to recommend a Pixel 7 Pro or Pixel 8 Pro, simply because I need Linus to finally get an update on Android. So often when Linus talks about certain features he's missing on Android or things that don't work on Android I am screaming at my monitor about it already being a thing or does work on Pixel.

Asus Zenfone 10

Just hear me out, trust me it makes sense with your exact requirements.

So as per everything you need especially with the fingerprint unlocking, iPhones are out of the list, which means Android and theres a long list and on top could be GALAXY S23 ULTRA but… i listened to you real close, you prefer physical fingerprint as its faster than under display fingerprints, you also prefer if you could have a headphone jack, good screen with fast refresh rate and according to what you told me about your admiration towards one handed usage with compact smartphones, i present to you…..

Asus Zenfone 10; IP68 dust/water resistant, Super AMOLED 144HZ Display, 5.92 Inches Compact size (compared to today’s standards), Always-on display, Android 13, Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2, UFS 4.0 Storage, 50 MP Main Camera with gimbal OIS, Stereo Speakers for your TV Time, 3.5mm Headphone Jack, Fingerprint (side-mounted) especially known for its Super Fast Unlocking, 4300 mAh battery with 30W wired charging and most importantly since the back of the phone is not made out of glass you can rock it without a case and worry less about it cracking from a fall.

I would say the Nothing Phone (2), its small, compact, clean Android, new and everything you would like.Nothing Phone 1 Hands-On: Can It Live Up to the Hype? – Nextrift

I think a Samsung Galaxy S23+ would be a good option because he is familiar with samsung's UI

I ask that you try an iPhone 7… I’m currently daily driving mine and although it is stuck on iOS 15, it gets the job done

8849 tank 2    the most rugged phone and nice snappy display.

download.jpeg