AMD 7XXX crashing (DO NOT BUY AMD)

Valaska
2 hours ago, Valaska said:

Yeah fun thing they actually send me it 1  day early, the rep I am talking with really wants to help but... what they can do is very limited. Already sent a message and a youtube video of the darktide crash persisting, I am betting they'll ask me for MS32 and DxDiag agian lol. I posted a youtube video here too actually of darktide crashing today.

Turned off FSR and didn't crash once in starfield and I played for about 90 minutes, that's the longest I was able to go without it crashing. Crazy how AMD's upscaler in an amd sponsored game was causing mine to crash.

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

11 hours ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

Turned off FSR and didn't crash once in starfield and I played for about 90 minutes, that's the longest I was able to go without it crashing. Crazy how AMD's upscaler in an amd sponsored game was causing mine to crash.

There was an original issue which SHOULD have been fixed... where it chooses the wrong resolution to sample from and that causes the crashing. Attempt 88% or 80% with FSR on.

Also be sure to watch it, I was able to play Phantom Brigade for 12 hours once no crash, then it hit me just as I was wrapping up thinking that a reg edit to delay the timeout fixed it.

This issue is like whackamole haha...

14 hours ago, Valaska said:

There was an original issue which SHOULD have been fixed... where it chooses the wrong resolution to sample from and that causes the crashing. Attempt 88% or 80% with FSR on.

Also be sure to watch it, I was able to play Phantom Brigade for 12 hours once no crash, then it hit me just as I was wrapping up thinking that a reg edit to delay the timeout fixed it.

This issue is like whackamole haha...

That’s what it seems like 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

These aren't issues I'm experiencing and I have a 7900 XTX as well, but the ASUS TUF Gaming OC. It probably has nothing to do with the drivers and has moreso to do with your specific unit. My friend had constant issues with DirectX detection for example (games straight up not recognizing a DirectX-compatible GPU) among other problems, and as I personally know an AMD engineer who is the driver lead for the 7000 series, I talked to him about the issues my friend was experiencing, and he said it was a hardware failure and he too uses a 7900 XTX. So he told me to tell my friend to RMA the GPU, he got a replacement Sapphire Nitro+ Vapor-X, and he's had zero problems since.

Instead of venting about your problems and expecting things to be fixed in software that can't be fixed, maybe RMA the unit instead? Because the initial post makes it seem like everything aside from an RMA was attempted...it could be an issue with your specific unit instead of an issue with the drivers.

PC Specifications:

CPU: Intel Core i7 13700K

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming Wi-Fi

Memory: 32GB Trident Z5 RGB DDR5 7200 MHz CL34 @ 7600 MHz

GPU: AMD Radeon™ RX 7900 XTX (ASUS TUF Gaming OC Edition)

Storage: 2 TB Western Digital SN850X, 1 TB Western Digital SN850, 2 TB Seagate Momentus SpinPoint M9T

Power Supply: Corsair RM850x (2021)

Case: Fractal Design Torrent (white, non-RGB)

Monitor: TCL 55R617

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow V3 (Quartz)

Mouse: Razer Viper Ultimate Wireless

DAC & Amp: Schiit Modi+ & Schiit Magni+

Headphones: Philips Fidelio X2HR

So I played a couple of hours of dark tide then a couple of hours of Mankind divided last night and couldn't reproduce a crash , Was running with frame rate uncapped trying to push it hard but it never missed a beat.

CPU : Ryzen 7 7800X3D @ -18mv all core except -13mv on Core 5 because its a pig.

CPU Cooler : Deepcool AK620 Zero Dark

Mobo : MSI B650M-A Wifi MATX

Ram : 32GB (2X16GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000MHZ CL34

GPU : Reference Design RX7900XT sold by Saphire running at 1050MV undervolt and +15% PL (355w)

Storage : 1TB WD SN770 + 2TB Samsung 970 Evo

PSU : Corsair HX750w Platinum

Case : Asus Prime AP201 All Mesh MATX

Case Fans : Arctic p12's everywhere i can fit them in , 7 In total.

Monitor : LG 27GP850-B.BEK 1440p Nano IPS 180Hz

Keyboard : HyperX Alloy Core RGB

Mouse : Corsair M65 Elite RGB

Headset : Corsair HS35 Gaming Headset

I had a driver time-out issue with the XFX 7900 XTX (MERC310) which I was able to solve for.

Long story short, the problem ended up being with the usage of the center DisplayPort port on the card. As long as nothing is attached to that center port, the card is 100% stable. Story on what happened is below...

The port had my 4K HDR 144Hz monitor connected to it, and the monitor would sync correctly and work. Games played fine. However, if I touched any application written in Chromium, which includes Discord, Steam (Overlay), Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, the GPU would hang, but only if a game was running. I initially though the problem was due to Resizable BAR or one of the PCI-e virtualization settings like IOMMU in the BIOS. Turning those off stabilized the card for about 12 hours, but the problem resumed again, worse than ever. The problem progressed to where full screening any video would cause a hang, and running any game full screen would cause a crash.

After ruling out Resizable BAR and Virtualization, I started ruling out overclocking. I set the card to stock settings, and also switched what VBIOS was loaded in the card (there is a switch on the GPU to change this). That didn't fix it. DDU the drivers and it's fine for a little bit. But back to crashing. I take off my monitor color calibration - fine for a bit, then crashes again.

While working on the system I happened to switch around what monitors were connected to the DisplayPort ports. This is where I found the DisplayPort issue. If I attached either one of my 1080p 144Hz monitors to the center DisplayPort port, the monitor would fail to sync, but it would be detected in Windows and Radeon Settings. The lock-up issue and freezing issue I was having with the GPU Driver was also gone! I switched the 4K monitor back to the center DisplayPort port, and all monitors are back up, but now the lock-up and freezing problem is back with the driver! I switched one of my 1080p monitors to the HDMI Port (only one can be driven fully by HDMI, the other one is too old it caps at 60Hz on HDMI), moved the 4K monitor to the left or right DisplayPort port then connected the other 1080p monitor to the remaining DIsplayPort port... and everything is working fully, at max refresh rate, 10-12bit color, RGB 4:4:4 Chroma sampling... and no driver hangs! Resizable BAR is on, virtualization is on, no crashes.

At this point I have no idea if the problem has to do with a faulty GPU or with drivers, because I've spotted similar reports on the AMD forums and on Reddit about one specific DispalyPort port with the 7900XTX not working correctly. For some it's the USB-C port. For others it's the Center or Left port. I'm not convinced the port is bad, because it doesn't make sense that a 4K monitor with higher bandwidth requirements syncs up, but a 1080p monitor cannot.

On 9/30/2023 at 3:21 AM, evelynharthbrooke said:

Instead of venting about your problems and expecting things to be fixed in software that can't be fixed, maybe RMA the unit instead? Because the initial post makes it seem like everything aside from an RMA was attempted...it could be an issue with your specific unit instead of an issue with the drivers.

I will attempt it, XFX said they could but this is only a driver issues and there are SO MANY people having it? The entire linus team had it, and they still have it too?It works on some games, like Cyberpunk2077 fine... but others not?

I have a 7900-XTX myself and the only game I have issues with right now is actually Star Citizen and that just started with the 3.20 patch. 3.19 and previous I never had an issue.

All other games work perfectly. Everything from indie like 7 Days to Die to AAA modern titles like Atomic Heart. Ive heard that Star Citizen 3.20 is an issue for a lot of AMD users and the solution for now is to roll back to 23.8.X drivers.

Top-Tier Air-Cooled Gaming PC

Current Build Thread:

XFX 7900 XTX 23.9.3

7800X3d

Msi X670-P latest bios

32GB ddr5 6000

Win 11

4K 60hz display via DP

Reverb G2 via DP

Getting random AMD driver timeouts related to d3d11.dll Access violation errors in DCS World (Open Beta) VR.

Could be couple mins into a mission, could be a few hours, or not at all.

Seems most prevalent in a specific MP mission (foothold 1.4.4 Caucuses)

haven't been able to make it do it in SP or other MP missions yet or any other games I've tried.

DDU driver reinstall and setting CPU and GPU to default has no effect.

Stress tests complete successfully.

I always have to laugh when one person has an issue, doesn't properly check components for the source of issue and then turns that into a PSA to not buy a brand.

Zen 3 Daily Rig (2022 - Present): AMD Ryzen 9 5900X + Optimus Foundations AM4 | Nvidia RTX 3080 Ti FE + Alphacool Eisblock 3080 FE | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB DDR4-3600 (@3733 c14) | ASUS Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 2x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB | Crucial MX500 1TB | Corsair RM1000x | Lian Li O11 Dynamic | LG 48" C1 | EK Quantum Kinetic TBE 200 w/ D5 | HWLabs GTX360 and GTS360 | Bitspower True Brass 14mm | Corsair 14mm White PMMA | ModMyMods Mod Water Clear | 9x BeQuiet Silent Wings 3 120mm PWM High Speed | Aquacomputer Highflow NEXT | Aquacomputer Octo

Test Bench: 

CPUs: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400, Core i5-2400, Core i7-4790K, Core i9-10900K, Core i3-13100, Core i9-13900KS

Motherboards: ASUS Z97-Deluxe, EVGA Z490 Dark, EVGA Z790 Dark Kingpin

GPUs: GTX 275 (RIP), 2x GTX 560, GTX 570, 2x GTX 650 Ti Boost, GTX 980, Titan X (Maxwell), x2 HD 6850

Bench: Cooler Master Masterframe 700 (bench mode)

Cooling: Heatkiller IV Pro Pure Copper | Koolance GPU-210 | HWLabs L-Series 360 | XSPC EX360 | Aquacomputer D5 | Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 250 | Monsoon Free Center Compressions | Mayhems UltraClear | 9x Arctic P12 120mm PWM PST

The problem here is DirectX 12 games. 

I've had this problem with the 7900 XTX (Sapphire Pulse) when playing games that run on Direct X 12. If I try to play WoW Dragonflight in DX 12, I get crashes 5 times an hour.

However, If I switch WoW to DirectX 11, the crashes completly go away, but the performance and FPS of DX 11 is far worse then DX 12. 
Reading through forums and threads, it appears many 7900 XTX users are experiencing these crashes in other games that run on DX 12 engine.

I would like to mention to the folks who are suggesting the OP or other users haven't swapped components, I have RMA'd my original 7900 XTX, and the sapphire factory sent me a rebuilt "tested" card, yet this one has the exact same issue as my former card. Ultimately it must be a problem with the drivers, because playing the same game in DX 11 is stable, but in DX 12 it's constant crashing . 

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for bumping a sort of old thread, but I came across this after trying to fix my own crashing/freezing problems with my 7900xtx and figured I post something that so far appears to have fixed my issues on version 23.10.2. I have disabled both freesync premium and enhanced sync on adrenaline and "so far" I have not had any crashes. Games that would crash within 10 minutes have been running for over an hour now with no issues.

I hope this truly does resolve my issues, and I hope it helps anyone else who may come across this thread. I have to agree with OP though. I moved away from AMD back in 2010 due to driver problems, and over a decade later, they still seem to have serious driver issues. I don't recommend buying AMD and I'll likely be moving back to nvidia next gen or sooner if this card starts acting up again after my current "fix".

Edit:

Unfortunately this ultimately did not fix my problem. It did significantly increase the time between crashes, but I'm done with this card and I just can't recommend anything from amd when it comes to gpu's. The cpu has been great though, but after reinstalling windows, resetting bios and disabling any OC profiles, underclocking the gpu, trying it without the riser, on a different psu, new drivers old drivers, adrenaline uninstalled.... I just don't know what's the issue with the card.

I managed to get a refund for the gpu after already going through an rma and arguing with the website I bought it from for hours to get the refund and found a bestbuy that had a 4090 in stock so I at least got one at msrp.

To the surprise of no one (at least not me lol), the 4090 drivers are flawless and I've had zero stability issues. I am slightly concerned about that 12v cable though, but I don't think it will be an issue since I have the card on a riser so the cable has no bend on the area that is taped up. Sucks I ended up giving money to nvidia, but the headache is over.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7900x | MB: MSI MAG X670E TOMAHAWK | RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5600 64GB | GPU: RTX 4090 MSI Gaming X Slim | Case: HYTE - Y60 | Storage: 2TB WD Black SN850X | PSU: NZXT 850c Gold | AIO: NZXT Kraken Elite 360mm | Keyboard: Logitech G915 TKL Tenkeyless LIGHTSPEED Wireless | Mouse: Logitech Lightspeed Pro

7 hours ago, Raansu said:

Sorry for bumping a sort of old thread, but I came across this after trying to fix my own crashing/freezing problems with my 7900xtx and figured I post something that so far appears to have fixed my issues on version 23.10.2. I have disabled both freesync premium and enhanced sync on adrenaline and "so far" I have not had any crashes. Games that would crash within 10 minutes have been running for over an hour now with no issues.

I hope this truly does resolve my issues, and I hope it helps anyone else who may come across this thread. I have to agree with OP though. I moved away from AMD back in 2010 due to driver problems, and over a decade later, they still seem to have serious driver issues. I don't recommend buying AMD and I'll likely be moving back to nvidia next gen or sooner if this card starts acting up again after my current "fix".

I'm gonna try this disabling freesync and see if it works

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

On 10/4/2023 at 5:40 PM, Sir Beregond said:

I always have to laugh when one person has an issue, doesn't properly check components for the source of issue and then turns that into a PSA to not buy a brand.

yeah....... but the thing is......  i had like 3 (!!!) different AMD gpus in last couple of years,  all behaved similarly to what OP describes, bad performance, driver crashes, weird bugs........   TBH consumers shouldn't have to deal with something like this and try to "fix" it, there's a gazillion different hardware combinations that *could* theoretically fix it.... nobody got time or money for that ... lol.

YET, use a Nvidia GPU and its night and day, it just works, and generally *better* than it should on paper.... there's just no coming back from the trainwreck that AMD currently is....

like if it works for you fine, but realize for the majority of people it *does not* (steam surveys prove that too)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

On 10/26/2023 at 4:23 AM, Mark Kaine said:

yeah....... but the thing is......  i had like 3 (!!!) different AMD gpus in last couple of years,  all behaved similarly to what OP describes, bad performance, driver crashes, weird bugs........   TBH consumers shouldn't have to deal with something like this and try to "fix" it, there's a gazillion different hardware combinations that *could* theoretically fix it.... nobody got time or money for that ... lol.

YET, use a Nvidia GPU and its night and day, it just works, and generally *better* than it should on paper.... there's just no coming back from the trainwreck that AMD currently is....

like if it works for you fine, but realize for the majority of people it *does not* (steam surveys prove that too)

I don't know. My 3080 Ti has been crashing the display driver a ton lately. 

It aint bulletproof, but somehow people have this impression Nvidia has no problems.

Zen 3 Daily Rig (2022 - Present): AMD Ryzen 9 5900X + Optimus Foundations AM4 | Nvidia RTX 3080 Ti FE + Alphacool Eisblock 3080 FE | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB DDR4-3600 (@3733 c14) | ASUS Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 2x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB | Crucial MX500 1TB | Corsair RM1000x | Lian Li O11 Dynamic | LG 48" C1 | EK Quantum Kinetic TBE 200 w/ D5 | HWLabs GTX360 and GTS360 | Bitspower True Brass 14mm | Corsair 14mm White PMMA | ModMyMods Mod Water Clear | 9x BeQuiet Silent Wings 3 120mm PWM High Speed | Aquacomputer Highflow NEXT | Aquacomputer Octo

Test Bench: 

CPUs: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400, Core i5-2400, Core i7-4790K, Core i9-10900K, Core i3-13100, Core i9-13900KS

GPUs: GTX 275 (RIP), 2x GTX 560, GTX 570, 2x GTX 650 Ti Boost, GTX 980, Titan X (Maxwell), x2 HD 6850

Cooling: Heatkiller IV Pro Pure Copper | Koolance GPU-210 | HWLabs L-Series 360 | XSPC EX360 | Aquacomputer D5 | Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 250 | Monsoon Free Center Compressions | Mayhems UltraClear | 9x Arctic P12 120mm PWM PST

2 minutes ago, Sir Beregond said:

It aint bulletproof, but somehow people have this impression Nvidia has no problems.

Yep. My 1080ti was having a bunch of Nvidia driver crashes last year and early this year.

It absolutely happens to all 3 vendors.

53 minutes ago, Sir Beregond said:

yes and no... i think nvidia sometimes makes bad drivers, but amd drivers have ongoing issues they just can't seem to fix... as i learned first hand by having 3 of them... no matter which driver you use, it'll always be "driver has crashed" like once an hour, *especially* if you're also recording...

i *did* notice less issues when not recording footage,  yes, but the problem is i record *everything* so its just not a viable option to me. and unfortunately i have reason to believe this situation is still not fixed (see threads like this)

im not saying nvidia has no issues,  im saying the scope of the issues is simply not comparable,  especially when you see nvidia has way bigger market share, yet apparently a lot less reported issues. 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 hour ago, NavyCobra1417 said:

Yep. My 1080ti was having a bunch of Nvidia driver crashes last year and early this year.

It absolutely happens to all 3 vendors.

rtx 3070, driver 528.49 (DCH) no issues or crashes whatsoever (since install)

imho most of the issues people  can experience come from driver and windows updates.... i do neither,  so i have no issues.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

And IF i update like once a year you can be sure i will DDU and reinstall newest chipset drivers too! (cause DDU wipes them)

tldr: often its the update process that messes things up with Nvidia  - yes, it does happen,  but you really just have to FOMO a bit less and not blindly install drivers when its not needed.... i can pretty much guarantee that i can play newset games (hey i occasionally do that!) without issues despite my drivers being "old".

ps: here's the extend of my windows issues the last week or so..

20231027_221336.thumb.jpg.3c03dc45f1683d4a017c9b634c24c769.jpg

always the same uninteresting stuff... (dont panic, i didn't update windows,  its just defender doing its thing) 

yeah ryu crashes if he cant find ken... user error basically...

malwarebytes i believe is a bug, when i close it manually,  which i do *frequently* but i never notice anything wrong, it doesn't "crash" either...

1 time is yuzu, i don't like lemons, but could be categorized as "user error" too, certainly not my gpus fault ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

thats it... there's literally nothing worth mentioning in regards of bugs or crashes, there aren't any (that would be notable outside dodgy emulators apparently lol)

ps2: ah, my friend has a 3070 too and plays a lot of the same games i do, and he is certainly an update fanatic (despite better knowledge) and he definitely has more issues than me (which i can luckily usually fix for him, aka i just tell him to DDU or something and that usually works 😜 )

(poor guy is also a intel fanatic,  which doesn't help... but overall his 11700f or whatever seems to hold up pretty well - which i also recommend to him because he wanted "intel" ~)

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Did the OP fix the issue?   He just disappeared, suddenly?   I was wondering why more ppl didn't post to just sell the card and buy a 4080 or something.

With driver issues, isn't there a lot of variables?   Fresh install vs 'update?'   Switching amd to nvidia and vice versa?   Series of card?   How recent is the driver - some updates introduce bugs or issues that Nvidia or AMD didn't find or address sufficiently? 

I suspect Nvidia 'fixes' or addresses issues of drivers more often or diligently than AMD but it's just a guess - there's often 'Nvidia issues' - but they seem to have more updates or is that incorrect?   

On 10/27/2023 at 1:57 PM, Mark Kaine said:

yes and no... i think nvidia sometimes makes bad drivers, but amd drivers have ongoing issues they just can't seem to fix... as i learned first hand by having 3 of them... no matter which driver you use, it'll always be "driver has crashed" like once an hour, *especially* if you're also recording...

i *did* notice less issues when not recording footage,  yes, but the problem is i record *everything* so its just not a viable option to me. and unfortunately i have reason to believe this situation is still not fixed (see threads like this)

im not saying nvidia has no issues,  im saying the scope of the issues is simply not comparable,  especially when you see nvidia has way bigger market share, yet apparently a lot less reported issues. 

At this point, I think it's that Nvidia is just a much bigger company than the RTG arm of AMD. They all have issues, but my guess is Nvidia fixes them much faster.

Test Bench: 

Just now, Sir Beregond said:

At this point, I think it's that Nvidia is just a much bigger company than the RTG arm of AMD. They all have issues, but my guess is Nvidia fixes them much faster.

yeah, that is kinda my point also... amd simply isnt willing to spend the resources (its not like they couldn't afford it) dGPUs are simply no priority for them (due to low market share probably,  but if they keep not doing enough this is just a never ending cycle and market share will stay low)

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

If Nvidia guys are having driver problems, I would look to the actual stability of said system, or GPU. Cant speak for AMD, sorry. ATi used to be good..

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN8501TB, SN850X2TB
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14, TL-D14X

6 minutes ago, freeagent said:

If Nvidia guys are having driver problems, I would look to the actual stability of said system, or GPU. Cant speak for AMD, sorry. ATi used to be good..

No, it's a known issue with the 545.84 driver release.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

25 minutes ago, freeagent said:

NEVER had any issues with ATi... nvidia wasn't even a consideration ... r.i.p.

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

17 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

No, it's a known issue with the 545.84 driver release.

not known enough apparently! 😉

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer