Linus keeps saying on WAN Show that Fortnite cannot be played in 20 years this is wrong let him see this.

2 hours ago, FortniteCanBePlayedIn20Yrs said:

Unreal

your right, it's over 9000!!!

2 hours ago, FortniteCanBePlayedIn20Yrs said:

Epic games is fine with modding Fortnite as long as it dosen't touch their server and since Fortnite is Unreal, Private Servers do exist here is one of the best ones that lets you play every current version of the game offline https://github.com/Lawin0129/LawinServer.

Also did you make a forum account to address one small quote in the WAN show about a video game? 

Idk I guess it just doesn't matter. If you don't believe what he says then don't believe it, live your own life, you don't need it to be based on others

He wouldn't see this anyways unless it was a heavy topic like the Hacking, The GN release and everything that came after, or if it was a big forum announcement'

Last thing but unpopular decision: Fortnite right now can only played reliably on current gen consoles and the flagships of 6 years ago (PS4 pro and Xbox one x)

It's all about optimisation 

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

Fortnite is as enjoyable as putting ones left arm through a wood chipper. Just sayin.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

2 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Fortnite is as enjoyable as putting left arm through a wood chipper. Just sayin.

TF2 is the vastly superior free-to-play FPS, and it's had official support for community servers since 2007!

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

6 hours ago, FortniteCanBePlayedIn20Yrs said:

Private Servers do exist here is one of the best ones that lets you play every current version of the game offline https://github.com/Lawin0129/LawinServer.

Uh... is there any point of playing it offline though ?

And pretty sure online private servers can be counted as illegal & pretty much waiting for the DMCA.

And yes, even if Epic already moved on from Fortnite they may still go after Fortnite's online private server, why? because it might hurt their new game's revenue.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

Imagine creating a forum account to cape for Fortnite.

7 hours ago, FortniteCanBePlayedIn20Yrs said:

Private Servers do exist here is one of the best ones that lets you play every current version of the game offline https://github.com/Lawin0129/LawinServer.

Wtf is the point of playing Fortnite offline? Is it the original PvE "save the world" mode everybody forgot about?

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

7 hours ago, FortniteCanBePlayedIn20Yrs said:

Private Servers do exist

private servers have the exact same problem as official servers, eventually the maintainer will stop supporting it.

credit to this project, it's self hosted...but no one plays save the wolrld (because epic don't care about it). the main game mode is basically useless running on a private server.

so technically yes, it can be played in 20 years...but not for the reasons people play fortnite

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Give it a few years. The player base will grow older and won't have time to play video games anymore. While the kids will just latch on some newer game instead.

I'm sure some people will still play it on private servers once EPIC shut their servers down when they release a new game to take the place of Fortnite, but that will be like a drop of water in the desert compared to the player base today. Even more so in 20 years.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

7 hours ago, filpo said:

Idk I guess it just doesn't matter. If you don't believe what he says then don't believe it, live your own life, you don't need it to be based on others

I think the point OP was trying to make is: Despite LMGs claims to produce better quality content, they still talk about badly researched topics on WAN show spreading misinformation. Is this how LMG wants WAN show to be perceived? Do they realize this is the case, or does it take another big drama like the GN video for them to reconsider their approach? Is community feedback appreciated, or does LMG turn a blind eye to any criticism unless it comes from someone like GN Steve?

You could have said "If you don't like the way LTT presents their benchmark results then just watch something else" but clearly LMG, once they were aware of the issues, was not happy about them and would rather change things.

4 minutes ago, Alvin853 said:

I think the point OP was trying to make is: Despite LMGs claims to produce better quality content, they still talk about badly researched topics on WAN show spreading misinformation.

I think the fundamental point Linus was making about Fortnite was debatable at worst, hardly "misinformation." 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

3 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

TF2 is the vastly superior free-to-play FPS, and it's had official support for community servers since 2007!

i feel like the two games are hardly comparable, theyre a very different base game. Tf2 is more comparable to overwatch than fortnite

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

3 hours ago, Middcore said:

Wtf is the point of playing Fortnite offline? Is it the original PvE "save the world" mode everybody forgot about?

I do love that Fortnite as we know it was a "mistake" and not what the game was supposed to be. 

I'm friends with one of the people who wrote the barricade mod for L4D so I thought Save the World was cool. 

OP, I don't think you understand what he means, When EPIC ends support for the online version of Battle Royal Fortnite, will private servers be officially sanctioned and popular enough to fill out a full battle royal game in 20 years? Thats questionable at best. I can boot up many old single player games, but I cant just casually boot up a game like SMT imagine and have it be playable. You can make a local server, but now you are just playing an MMO... offline. Online private servers atlus sues out of existance. 

Toontown Disney has taken a stance of so long as the disney characters are removed, they won't enforce a claim on you. So sure there are private servers for that game, but think of all the other dead games where this sort of stance does not exist for. 

1 hour ago, Alvin853 said:

hey still talk about badly researched topics on WAN show spreading misinformation.

typically giving an opinion is not misinformation, it's just an opinion. That is what WAN show is.

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

46 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

typically giving an opinion is not misinformation, it's just an opinion. That is what WAN show is.

Before giving an opinion on WAN show, Linus and Luke usually present a topic first. But quite often the topic is presented incompletely or incorrectly, and then discussion/opinions is based on those incomplete assumptions. For example this clip from a old WAN show popped up recently for me, because the topic was in the news again:

Well the title of the video is straight up wrong, you never needed a subscription for heated seats, but I get it, Clickbait works, and they're also talking about the possibility of it being that way in the future. But then I watched the whole video again, and the entire time the discussion is based on the wrong assumption that you couldn't buy the heated seats outright, like Linus saying over the typical time of using the car for 7 years you'd pay more for the subscription, well at that point every sane person would just buy the heated seat upgrade and not pay for the subscription every month...

That's just one example, discussions completely missing the point happens quite often on WAN show. The Fortnite topic this thread is about might only be a minor "misrepresentation", but not bothering to do proper research on WAN show topics might turn into an ongoing problem even with the "better quality" they promised just a few weeks ago.

10 minutes ago, Alvin853 said:

Before giving an opinion on WAN show, Linus and Luke usually present a topic first. But quite often the topic is presented incompletely or incorrectly, and then discussion/opinions is based on those incomplete assumptions. For example this clip from a old WAN show popped up recently for me, because the topic was in the news again:

Well the title of the video is straight up wrong, you never needed a subscription for heated seats, but I get it, Clickbait works, and they're also talking about the possibility of it being that way in the future. But then I watched the whole video again, and the entire time the discussion is based on the wrong assumption that you couldn't buy the heated seats outright, like Linus saying over the typical time of using the car for 7 years you'd pay more for the subscription, well at that point every sane person would just buy the heated seat upgrade and not pay for the subscription every month...

That's just one example, discussions completely missing the point happens quite often on WAN show. The Fortnite topic this thread is about might only be a minor "misrepresentation", but not bothering to do proper research on WAN show topics might turn into an ongoing problem even with the "better quality" they promised just a few weeks ago.

Things take time to implement.  Expecting to change (and they have) in all aspects will not happen all at once. Your expectations of WAN be as it may are in the wrong place. WAN was never intended to be a research or information giving channel. It original intent was for engagement with the community. Though it in itself has grown and changed WAN Show is still not to be expected to be a place to expect a certain level of accuracy. It's a place for Linus and Luke to goof and give their opinions.

Don't set expectations for things that should not have expectations for it. Opinions are opinions regardless of accuracy.  Should I hold you to have an accurate take on everything? Judge you if your opinions are inaccurate and call you out to be a source misinformation?

That said I understand your argument better than you have let on for and I get where your coming from and going to, But in this, I advise you (not as a Mod) to keep a sense of reality included in your expectations for others.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

24 minutes ago, Alvin853 said:

They literally had a heated seat sub

YOU are the one who pointed this out as well
image.thumb.png.3310ae7ace9abc246706e04f9ee3c816.png

The hell is the footnote for unlimited unless it means it's not available for all cars with heated seats like the other options. 

It's pure rent-seeking behavior. 

Yes, The idea of simplifying the line and just putting in heated seats for everyone but only turning them on for people who pay is valid. But that is the unlimited model there, not the stupid ass sub-model that requires added infrastructure costs to have activation servers just so they can rent seak a car you outright own. If people want to try out heated seats before they buy, they can just be in a friends car with the feature or rent a car with it on their next trip. What is the value of a sub model here?

BMW made this bed, its theirs to sleep in.

Claiming BMW was misrepresented is folly, BMW misrepresented themselves if your claim held water here.

3 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Things take time to implement.  Expecting to change (and they have) in all aspects will not happen all at once. Your expectations of WAN be as it may are in the wrong place. WAN was never intended to be a research or information giving channel. It original intent was for engagement with the community. Though it in itself has grown and changed WAN Show is still not to be expected to be a place to expect a certain level of accuracy. It's a place for Linus and Luke to goof and give their opinions.

Don't set expectations for things that should not have expectations for it. Opinions are opinions regardless of accuracy.  Should I hold you to have an accurate take on everything? Judge you if your opinions are inaccurate and call you out to be a source misinformation?

That said I understand your argument better than you have let on for and I get where your coming from and going to, But in this, I advise you (not as a Mod) to keep a sense of reality included in your expectations for others.

Well if that is the expectation that LMG and the community has towards WAN show then I'm fine with it. I was apparently wrongly assuming that that's not how WAN show wants to be seen. If the intention of WAN show is to have questionable accuracy about the topics discussed, then it's not the right type of podcast for me.

8 minutes ago, starsmine said:

They literally had a heated seat sub

YOU are the one who pointed this out as well
image.thumb.png.3310ae7ace9abc246706e04f9ee3c816.png

The hell is the footnote for unlimited unless it means it's not available for all cars with heated seats like the other options. 

It's pure rent-seeking behavior. 

Yes, The idea of simplifying the line and just putting in heated seats for everyone but only turning them on for people who pay is valid. But that is the unlimited model there, not the stupid ass sub-model that requires added infrastructure costs to have activation servers just so they can rent seak a car you outright own. If people want to try out heated seats before they buy, they can just be in a friends car with the feature or rent a car with it on their next trip. 

English is not my native language, but in my dictionary "offering a subscription" is not the same as "needing a subscription". Yes BMW offered a subscription, but it was never required to use heated seats. And the way the topic was presented in that WAN show clip made it seem like it was.

15 minutes ago, Alvin853 said:

Well if that is the expectation that LMG and the community has towards WAN show then I'm fine with it. I was apparently wrongly assuming that that's not how WAN show wants to be seen. If the intention of WAN show is to have questionable accuracy about the topics discussed, then it's not the right type of podcast for me.

English is not my native language, but in my dictionary "offering a subscription" is not the same as "needing a subscription". Yes BMW offered a subscription, but it was never required to use heated seats. And the way the topic was presented in that WAN show clip made it seem like it was.

The fact that there is a footnote on unlimited and what the footnote says strongly implies there are models in which unlimited is NOT an available option and a subscription is needed.

4 minutes ago, starsmine said:

The fact that there is a footnote on unlimited and what the footnote says strongly implies there are models in which unlimited is NOT an available option and a subscription is needed.

You're going very off topic now, this has nothing to do with the fact that WAN show didn't acknowledge at all there was an unlimited option.

AFAIK there wasn't a single model where the unlimited option was not offered, and from what I heard (rumor, not BMW directly) the footnote pretty much only means buying unlimited doesn't get you free repairs if the heated seats stop working. Apparently with the subscription, if the heated seats don't work you can bring it in and it'll get fixed because you're paying to use the feature.

Unlimited just works like it always has been, you get the car with heated seats permanently enabled, but if they break, you'll need to foot the repair bill yourself or live without them, so you don't get unlimited guarantee.

6 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

Fortnite is as enjoyable as putting ones left arm through a wood chipper. Just sayin.

Can confirm. Getting the automail arm after the fact, was kind of uncomfortable too. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

9 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Counter Strike is like 25 years old now and you can still play online if you like it

Counter Strike or Counter Strike Online ?  (asking for friend) 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

7 hours ago, Poinkachu said:

Uh... is there any point of playing it offline though ?

And pretty sure online private servers can be counted as illegal & pretty much waiting for the DMCA.

And yes, even if Epic already moved on from Fortnite they may still go after Fortnite's online private server, why? because it might hurt their new game's revenue.

epic does not dmca or c&d online private server unless they give free skins

4 hours ago, FortniteCanBePlayedIn20Yrs said:

epic does not dmca or c&d online private server unless they give free skins

They haven't -yet-

but looking at Lawin, i would be surprised is it's even on Epic's radar. there seems to be very few people that know or talk about it.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

I have a feeling no one will want to play it in 20 years because games will replace it. Sure you can play og counter strike.

How many people actually do

Just to throw this out. 
Epic released a final patch for Unreal Tournament 2004 that removed the on-disc DRM and CD lock. 
A massive chad move. 
Make your game easier to play so more people can have fun with it, and who cares if it gets pirated because you're not selling it anymore.

Perhaps Fork Knife will do the same? Significantly worse game than UT2004 but Tim Sweeney is still head of Epic Megagames so hey, we'll see.