Here's the plan.

LinusTech

I think that LTT has handled this with grace and care. Good on them. The one outstanding thing is the madison issue but I think it's ongoing investigation, so that'll need to play out

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

1 hour ago, SorryBella said:

Honestly id rather see the filings and investigation results in its entirety but yeah, the more realistic alternative narrative is going to be that: we did nothing wrong. Either its a bold faced lie that will blow up once again, or its the truth that no one in the internet will buy.

they don't need to show us anything

They’re back!

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

Anyone else don't care about any of this? Linus should have just said my bad and we will fix it.... then moved on. Never liked Madison so won't cry home about it.

Just want to watch his videos.

CPU: i9 19300k////GPU: RTX 4090////RAM: 64gb DDR5 5600mhz ////MOBO: Aorus z790 Elite////MONITORS: 3 LG 38" 3840x1600 WIDESCREEN MONITORS

Hello Linus and everyone at LMG, as an average consumer of your content I am delighted to hear of the many steps you are taking to improve. I think it speaks volumes about the kind of people you are and what your real intentions and aspirations are. 

1 hour ago, AyesC said:

Just finished watching. For those curious, they did not directly mention Madison's situation (as expected, it isn't done yet), but they did bring up mental health and harassment in general, some of it in regard to harassment from the community.

Yeah.... a lot. Half of the video was about how much they do for their employees which is great. But it seemed like indirectly refuting Madison's claims.... but focusing so much on that seemed as a way to mitigate that, HARD.

But hey the first half I LOVED I'm sure they will keep doing great going forward.

Personal Rig:

[UPGRADE]

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900X    Mb: Gigabyte X570 Gaming X    RAM: 2x16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Pro    GPU: Gigabyte NVIDIA RTX 3070    Case: Corsair 400D    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: Antec 850W 80+ Gold    Display(s): GAOO, 现代e窗, Samsung 4K TV

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / Garuda

[OLD]

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 @ 3.2 GHz    Mb: Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3    RAM: 2x4GB DDR4 GSKILL RIPJAWS 4    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960    Case: Aerocool PSG V2X Advance    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronce    Display(s): Samsung LS19B150

Cooling: Aerocool Shark White    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / OpenSUSE

15 minutes ago, Tanaz said:

Now this was a good video. For me at least I can safely say I've found closure and I'm also confident that they'll do justice to Madison and remove the culprits responsible for the toxic workplace environment. Considering just how low LTT's turnover rate is I think it's safe to say that it's a case of overwhelming majority of people being good and professional with just a few bad apples inbetween.

I felt very similar.. But until they formally address these accusations, it is hard to satisfy everyone, including myself, unfortunately. Just that those are extreme serious problems, even if 50% of what she said was true, that straight up puts this whole video to the bin. I don't understand how these things could happened in a company with such low turnover rate, but I really need to know the whole truth before it is fully resolved for me (and I think there is bit over dozen of us?)

1 hour ago, AyesC said:

Just finished watching. For those curious, they did not directly mention Madison's situation (as expected, it isn't done yet), but they did bring up mental health and harassment in general, some of it in regard to harassment from the community.

Overall, a lot of good things. No joking around this time, which is nice. There seems to be a clear plan forwards. No more daily uploads, either. They have updated their policy to prioritize stopping the production of a video if there are any problems that arise with enough severity. Big fan of that.

The only thing really left is to see whether they actually stick to this, which I'm hopeful of.

The harassment is bloody ridiculous, I never bloody understood those idiots. Even if they have the correct reason, the moment you yell at/insult/threaten (bloody really?) people, your credibility just right out of the window. Like what the heck you are trying to achieve exactly!?

22 minutes ago, Tanaz said:

Now this was a good video. For me at least I can safely say I've found closure and I'm also confident that they'll do justice to Madison and remove the culprits responsible for the toxic workplace environment. Considering just how low LTT's turnover rate is I think it's safe to say that it's a case of overwhelming majority of people being good and professional with just a few bad apples inbetween.

While I hope so, it wasn't directly addressed. Turnover rate doesn't necessarily tell much. What Madison addressed was mostly sexist crap and seeing how male to female ratio is 10:1 at LMG (doesn't mean discrimination by itself, it's still a tech field that's not top interest for most women), it may not be directly apparent. Sometimes people just keep their head down and keep on working because they need the money because lets be honest, shit has been expensive in general recently. Or you need a decent reference of working somewhere before you can move forward in the field. It's hard to get a job elsewhere with no experience.

Linus addressed workers being harassed by COMMUNITY, he did not address workers harassing workers and how they'll deal with that. One could assume with same dedication, but who knows.

1 minute ago, RejZoR said:

Linus addressed workers being harassed by COMMUNITY, he did not address workers harassing workers and how they'll deal with that. One could assume with same dedication, but who knows.

Due tot the investigation they likely cannot speak on it for legal reasons.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 minute ago, leadeater said:

Colton and Colton again right?

Waiting for him to be fired *for real*

But he probably reapply for the job and got the job back again

My System: Ryzen 7800X3D // Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX // 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 Silicon Power Zenith CL30 // Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT OC with mod heatsink on the metal plate  // Phanteks P300A  // Gigabyte Aorus GEN4 7300 PCIE 4.0 NVME // Kingston NV2 Gen4 PCIE 4.0 NVME // 

Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fully Modular // Thermalright Frost Spirit 140 Black V3 // Phanteks M25 140mm // Display: Bezel 32MD845 V2 QHD // Keychron K8 Pro (Mod: Gateron black box ink; Tape mode on PCB and Keycaps) // Razer Cobra Wired Mouse // Audio Technica M50X Headphone // Sennheiser HD 650 // Genius SP-HF180 USB Speaker //

And Laptop Acer Nitro 5 AN515-45 for mobility

Phone:

iPhone 11 (with battery replaced instead of buying new phone for long term and not submitting (fully) to Apple Lord

4 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Due tot the investigation they likely cannot speak on it for legal reasons.

Terran did say they would release findings. I think the community will hold him to that statement. 

2 minutes ago, m9x3mos said:

Terran did say they would release findings. I think the community will hold him to that statement. 

I agree but it will take time and they are not going to give us any updates or mentions until the all clear is give to speak on it. Thus my comment. 👍

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

OVERVIEW vs REVIEW should be better communicated!
In order not to deceive customers and avoid unnecessary reactions from the community!

Something similar was said in the video, but I think this one needs to be VERY CLEAR!

I saw A LOT of comments criticizing the overviews as they were full reviews last week!

2 minutes ago, m9x3mos said:

I just hope the community doesn't go crazy because it takes so long.

Any sort of investigation will take weeks or months depending on how complex it is.

Also given privacy there may be things about the investigation they cant release.

But the community should hold LTT to releasing what they can.

5 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

While I hope so, it wasn't directly addressed. Turnover rate doesn't necessarily tell much. What Madison addressed was mostly sexist crap and seeing how male to female ratio is 10:1 at LMG (doesn't mean discrimination by itself, it's still a tech field that's not top interest for most women), it may not be directly apparent. Sometimes people just keep their head down and keep on working because they need the money because lets be honest, shit has been expensive in general recently.

Or you need a decent reference of working somewhere before you can move forward in the field. It's hard to get a job elsewhere with no experience.

Once you work at a place for 1-2 years that is a reference in itself.  You can just decide to find a new job and there should be no eye brows raised. 

Yeah going to their personal social media to say nasty things is not cool.  

Jezee I hope stating the fact that if what Madison said is true whoever was involved needs to be fired / terminated with prejudice is not considered harassment. 

Just now, Uttamattamakin said:

Once you work at a place for 1-2 years that is a reference in itself.  You can just decide to find a new job and there should be no eye brows raised. 

Yeah going to their personal social media to say nasty things is not cool.  

Jezee I hope stating the fact that if what Madison said is true whoever was involved needs to be fired / terminated with prejudice is not considered harassment. 

Why would she make up all that? For attention? She's a streamer with pretty decent following. She doesn't need drama of this sort, especially since drama isn't her shtick from what I can see.

I rarely post here, but, it's nice to see that they took issues at heart.

I have no hate unlike some people, i can understand how such a fast growth can derail a train.

That being said, the quality of the video produced were, IMO far from being as aweful as many said. There were errors, but the analysis seemed sound most of the time.

When i heard the waterblock video, i disagreed with the conclusion, and that was it. I didn't felt "mislead" or manipulated, like some said, just disagreeing.

I am interested in seeing how they handle this, because LTT really looks like a good company, and i want to see them succeed in doing well while remaining honest,

because it is always nice to have some people doing well while not being all EA or activision. It sets the tone.

I really enjoy the content, at least 90% of the videos, and watch almost all of them. I don't look up to linus or his team because i am already advanced in my field; but i am looking with a great interest to the labs, because this is my jam (i am a computer scientist, worked in AI, on the subject of measurement and behavioural analysis, so i am a big geek for data acquisition, measurements, metrology, etc...)

Anyways, best of luck for the following content!

PS : i was just on the forum starting to look for more info ("didn't they say next week?", "has something gone wrong?"), when the video dropped 🙂

1 hour ago, Godiwa said:

atleast spell his name right? it was 1 word in your post...

i dont want to be cursed. using his name

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

You're effort to "fall on the sword" is commendable, no doubt. But you're leaning too far on that sword. Let me explain.

Here's the deal: You got caught in an unfortunate situation—you put out a piece that was not entirely unbiased. Simultaneously, someone also came out with some unsavory remarks about company culture.

On behalf of the community (and we'll know because they will like this post), it's OK, Linus! We do not come to LTT for perfection, we come, first and foremost, because we like you and the team you have built. We come, secondly, for your content, which is 98% stellar. Are there mistakes? Of course. Is your workplace 100% cohesive? Probably not! But it's damn close, from what we see.

No organization, channel, enterprise, or group will be won easily. But you have won us over with your history of accuracy, interest, humor, lightheartness, and poise. We know you have made great strides to redress the wrongs presented, and we commend you. But, as a business owner and long-time fan, let me offer a quick piece of advice:

You may think that the problem is within your control under the current structure, Linus. It is not. The problem, as far as I can tell, is quite the opposite; it's the lack of you. You are the lifeblood of YouTube tech content. You grew so fast and so far, and during that time you (perhaps unknowingly) fell into the shadows of the juggernaut you built. Predictably, the ship you set to sail left port without a captain. The reason? It's not because you were too present, but because you were no longer on board. Your new CEO seems wonderful, but you, LINUS, are the man who connects to the supporters. If Linus sees a video and deems it worthy, your supporters follow suit. We trust YOU. Thank god for labs, thank god for production, and thank god for the writers. They all play a worthy part. But this is your show. We are here for you. We trust you as the one who can consume information and process it into digestible, useful bites. It's a lot of pressure, but it's the role you were made for (apart from loving Ivan and the kids).

Therefore, as a supporter (and also an exacting lawyer), I have but one piece of advice: take control of your ship before it becomes a comedy of corporate errors. You are at the helm, and there is no captain under which we would rather sail.

As the boys of "Dead Poets Society" said, "Oh Captain, my Captain!"

Also, plz bring back junkyard wars.

Sincerely,
JDW

2 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

Why would she make up all that? For attention? She's a streamer with pretty decent following. She doesn't need drama of this sort, especially since drama isn't her shtick from what I can see.

We have to allow for the fact that people are not always rational actors.  No one rational would make up what she said.  If it is proven up, then someone is going down. 

To the rest of the community: I do not know you but I am grateful to be on this journey together.

If you disagree with what I have written, please, speak up.