Here's the plan.

LinusTech
2 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Matters under legal precedent cannot be commented on in public during an official investigation as it can influence said investigation. And have legal ramifications. Any conjecture outside that is just conjecture. Opinions are still opinions, but vilifying based on conjecture and opinion is a fools errand. FYI.

I'm confused, did i do something wrong in saying that the situation wont have further comments made on it?

Live on Floatplane now, website also just slowed down to a crawl the moment it went up

EDIT: Video won't even play rn, Floatplane is crashing from the traffic lol

Currently working towards fully restoring my ThinkPad T510

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 -- ASUS Dual Radeon RX 6650 XT OC Edition 8GB -- Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 (4x8GB) -- ASRock B450M Steel Legend -- Corsair CX650M -- SAMA IM01 -- Crucial P2 500GB NVMe, 2x Crucial BX500 1TB

3 minutes ago, AyesC said:

I'm gonna set a 10 minute timer and see if thats true lol

I'm watching music videos from my teenage years on YouTube. Worst case scenario I'm a few minutes late but had a dose of nostalgia along the way. 

3900x | 32GB RAM | RTX 2080

1.5TB Optane P4800X | 2TB Micron 1100 SSD | 16TB NAS w/ 10Gbe
QN90A | Polk R200, ELAC OW4.2, PB12-NSD, SB1000, HD800

FP has it.... now they just need to press publish on youtube, i believe in you LTT team you can press that button!

3 minutes ago, Woofer21 said:

I'm confused, did i do something wrong in saying that the situation wont have further comments made on it?

It was an fyi, if you did something wrong you would already know... Moderators can still interact with the community on the same level.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

14 minutes ago, fartmuncher69_420 said:

It's not on floatplane yet 

Nevermind. Someone beat me to it.

Well it did eventually become exclusive to floatplane eventually, so it didn't really matter. 

The video is up on floatplane but still private on YouTube. Might change soon though, who knows. 

4 minutes ago, AyesC said:

Live on Floatplane now, website also just slowed down to a crawl the moment it went up

EDIT: Video won't even play rn, Floatplane is crashing from the traffic lol

This is going to hurt their 6 9's *finger guns*

5 minutes ago, TheZephyrus said:

image.thumb.png.70656865f5caee80d4bb11055e6645a7.png

Sadly the WAN show is going to be at 2:00 in the morning for me. It is already midnight. I feel suspense in the air.

I like computers. And watching them blow up while playing GTA 5. Remember to update to Windows 11! 😁 

Forum Member

Spoiler

Brroooooo spiders are the only web developers that enjoy finding bugs.

Forum Member Definition:

A person who participates on an internet forum. Also called a forumite. So why does the word forumite remind me of a species of mites?

If I hadn't just spent almost 2 grand on my first PC in 20 years, I would be getting floatplane right now lol

3 minutes ago, EllieCat said:

Sadly the WAN show is going to be at 2:00 in the morning for me. It is already midnight. I feel suspense in the air.

I'm confused. So they edited the post? But it looks the same as it did before? 2am?

A fantastic video that amplifies my faith that this company can and will turn this all around for the better. My faith that this will only improve things is all the more stronger and I think the video was a great roadmap for things to come.

Thank you for this!

Not on Youtube but just finished watching on FP

Good response, To be honest i wouldve liked an update on whats happening with the investigation but I understand why it has not happened.

I take this as a step in the right direction for LMG as a company and hope to see them return soon.

hi

Please stop posting screen shots of the video being private ... we can all see this on page one. 🤨

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

i hope they use the extra time to make fewer but better videos. and not only more accurate ones.

Just finished watching. For those curious, they did not directly mention Madison's situation (as expected, it isn't done yet), but they did bring up mental health and harassment in general, some of it in regard to harassment from the community.

Overall, a lot of good things. No joking around this time, which is nice. There seems to be a clear plan forwards. No more daily uploads, either. They have updated their policy to prioritize stopping the production of a video if there are any problems that arise with enough severity. Big fan of that.

The only thing really left is to see whether they actually stick to this, which I'm hopeful of.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 -- ASUS Dual Radeon RX 6650 XT OC Edition 8GB -- Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 (4x8GB) -- ASRock B450M Steel Legend -- Corsair CX650M -- SAMA IM01 -- Crucial P2 500GB NVMe, 2x Crucial BX500 1TB

Sometimes YouTube is slow with new uploads (still processing) and you just have to deal with it. Either wait for processing to finish, or publish it with only 480p or 720p ready and watch everyone whine in the comments about how low quality the video is. Source: I've used YouTube Studio for years and am familiar with it.

3 minutes ago, da na said:

image.png.b60ceae03c59a2278899cafed9fcac58.png

wouldn't be surprised if he did this on purpose just to spite the community

Spoiler

r/LinusTechTips - Apparently the apology video was paywalled for 1hr before release

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

2 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

wouldn't be surprised if he did this on purpose just to spite the community

Hide contents

r/LinusTechTips - Apparently the apology video was paywalled for 1hr before release

That comment looks fake. Linus normally posts from the LTT account, which also has a checkmark next to it. I also cannot find this comment on the video.
image.png.b9532e372883aaf9cd13e075474d5c17.png

3 minutes ago, smcoakley said:

Sometimes YouTube is slow with new uploads (still processing) and you just have to deal with it. Either wait for processing to finish, or publish it with only 480p or 720p ready and watch everyone whine in the comments about how low quality the video is. Source: I've used YouTube Studio for years and am familiar with it.

It usually doesn't take 22+ minutes to process... its a 14 minute (or so) video. Not saying it can't still be processing, but it is still private