AMD officially annouces Inflation of R9 prices is over

Is this because they're no longer as good for mining compared to other solutions?

no, they were just in such high demand that everyone was running out of stock

CPU - Ryzen 7 2700 CPU Cooler - Cooler Master ML240R Motherboard - ASUS X470-PRO RAM - Team Group Vulcan 2400Mhz 16GB GPU - EVGA RTX 2070 Black SSD - Kingston A400 120GB, ADATA SU650 1TB HDD - Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU - Seasonic Focus+ 650W Case - Fractal Design Define C Keyboard - Corsair K60 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech LS21 2.1 w/ sub Headphones - ATM 50X Racing Wheel - Logitech G27 Monitors -  ASUS VS228H-P x2

Great marketing move, make a bunch of money, and then lower the prices so more people go for them again.

Truly genius 

It was resellers marking the price up...AMD makes the same money per card today as they did when they first launched.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

AMD lowers prices cuz it still doesn't have physX.

Ok maybe not but I had to do it ..

I am physX.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

it never happened in Australia P.S phisx sucks, i dont executive smoke have you seen the assassin creed and nascar demo discussing 

It was resellers marking the price up...AMD makes the same money per card today as they did when they first launched.

I agree. I don't think AMD made more money from the whole price mark up, but they were selling more cards then they could produce. So they definitely benefited from it.

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

I agree. I don't think AMD made more money from the whole price mark up, but they were selling more cards then they could produce. So they definitely benefited from it.

Honestly i think they'll make more now that its dropped.

specially because they "announced" that they dropped even though the prices have been getting to the market value for a little while now.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

Woot woot. nVidia doesn't need inflated prices. They have them at launch. I don't care because I will destroy your AMD cards with my 780 when... I don't know. Yay competition. Yay innovation. Yay technology. Nay terminator.

From an all around GPU FANBOY

Yay for more competition!

CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K @ 4.4 GHz Motherboard: MSI Z87 G43 RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Superclocked Case: Bitfenix Ronin

Storage: 120 GB Samsung 840 series SSD, WD Green 2TB PSU: XFX core edition 650W Display(s): ASUS VE228H 21.5IN 1080P Cooling: CM Hyper 212+

Keyboard: Microsoft P.O.S Mouse: Corsair Raptor M40 Sound: Sennheiser PC 330 Headset

So about that 280, I see it's priced right between the 760 and the 770, can I expect this to perform also around the middle of those? 

-------

Current Rig

-------

Oh thank god, too bad prices here were never inflated anyways  :P

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

i still think $500 for something that 2 200 dollar cards do better is ridiculous 

Thanks Guys! Fullmetal

You must NEVER go over 20% fan speed. ~ "Why's that?"~ Why do airport personnel wear hearing protection?

I don't think there was any inflation in Italy, if anything you can find the 280x at around 250€ .

Is this because they're no longer as good for mining compared to other solutions?

This. Also the prices on the more specialized mining solutions went like 50% down.

this didnt effect me anyways

The price inflation effected anyone on both the green and red sides if they were looking for a new gpu at any point during the inflation.

If AMD cards are extremely expensive that means the compitition can justify higher prices as well.

The price inflation effected anyone on both the green and red sides if they were looking for a new gpu at any point during the inflation.

If AMD cards are extremely expensive that means the compitition can justify higher prices as well.

nothing went up in the UK not by a single penny

Finally!  I bet it sucks for all the people who bought card last week...  :P

My friend just bought a 290x off of ebay for $300. I guess the mining collapse is a good thing :D 

PC Specs

Intel i5 4670k 4.2ghz @1.20v | Cooler Master 212 Plus | Asus z87-A | Fractal Design Define R4 |Hitachi 1TB 7200rpm HDD | 2x Samsung 840 EVO | Seasonic 520w m12II | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb DDR3 1600mhz | PowerColor 7870 GHz edition | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | NZXT Hue RGB Controller

My friend just bought a 290x off of ebay for $300. I guess the mining collapse is a good thing :D

Yah if only they offered a card that gave me enough performance to justify replacing my 7970 :(

oh well, i'll wait another generation or two but maybe ill xfire it with a R9 card now that it wont cost me an arm and a leg.

I knew so many people needed a leaf blower that doubled as a graphics card.

That's why they were so popular and were inflated/not in stock right?

If we wanted leaf blowers that doubled as graphics cards the nvidia 480 would still be extremely popular!

oh wait that was a graphics card that doubled as a hairdryer....my bad.

If we wanted leaf blowers that doubled as graphics cards the nvidia 480 would still be extremely popular!

oh wait that was a graphics card that doubled as a hairdryer....my bad.

I think it would probably be the nvidia FX5800 ultra.

I think it would probably be the nvidia FX5800 ultra.

FX5800 = leafblower

480 = Hairdryer