What do we do now?

LinusTech
Just now, gonace said:

True but keeping it private on YT while having it published on Floatplane looks kind of bad, I hope that it's just a simple mistake.

it's a premium apology

I suspect the video is being altered/extended to address the maddison thread.

I might be experienced, but I'm human and I do make mistakes. Expand for common PC building advice, a short bio and a list of my components and other tech. I edit my messages after sending them alot, please refresh before posting your reply. Please try to be clear and specific, you'll get a better answer. Please remember to mark solutions once you have the information you need.

Common build advice: 1) Buy the cheapest (well reviewed) motherboard that has the features you need. Paying more typically only gets you features you won’t use. 2) only get as much RAM as you need, getting more won’t (typically) make your PC faster. 3) While I recommend getting an NVMe drive, you don’t need to splurge for an expensive drive with DRam cache, DRamless drives are fine for gamers. 4) paying for looks is fine, just don’t break the bank. 5) Tower coolers are usually good enough, unless you go top tier Intel or plan on OCing. 6) OCing is a dead meme, you probably shouldn’t bother. 7) "Bottlenecks" rarely matter and "Future-proofing" is a myth. 8) AIOs don't noticably improve performance past 240mm.

useful websiteshttps://www.productchart.com - helps compare monitors, https://uk.pcpartpicker.com - makes designing a PC easier.

He/Him

I'm a PhD student working in the fields of reinforcement learning and traffic control. PCs are one of my hobbies and I've built many PCs and performed upgrades on a few laptops (for myself, friends and family). My personal computers include 3 windows (10/11) machines and a TrueNAS server (and I'm looking to move to dual booting Linux Mint on my main machine in future). While I believe I have an decent amount of experience in spec’ing, building and troubleshooting computers, keep in mind I'm not an expert or a professional and I make mistakes.

Favourite Games of all time: World of Tanks, Runescape, Subnautica, Metroid (Fusion and Dread), Spyro: Year of the Dragon (Original and Reignited Trilogy), Crash Bash, Mario Kart Wii

Main PC: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/will0hlep/saved/NByp3C

Secondary PC: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/will0hlep/saved/cc9K7P

TrueNAS Server: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/will0hlep/saved/m37w3C

Laptop: 13.4" ASUS GZ301ZE ROG Flow Z13, WUXGA 120Hz, i9 12900H, 16GB DDR5, 1TB NVMe SSD, 4GB RTX 3050 Ti, TB4, Win11 Home, Used with: 2*ThinkPad Universal Thunderbolt 4 Dock, Logitech G603, Logitech G502 Hero, Logitech K120, Logitech G915 TKL, Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2, Logitech G PRO X Gaming-Headset (with Blue Icepop in Black), {specs to be updated: two monitors}

Other: LTT Screwdriver, LTT Stubby Screwdriver, IFIXIT Pro Tech Toolkit, Playstation 1 SCPH-102, Playstation 2 SCPH-30003, Gameboy Micro Silver OXY-001, Nintendo Wii U WUP-001(03), Playstation 4 CUH-1116A, Nintendo Switch OLED HEG-001, Yamaha RX-A4A Black AV Receiver, Monitor Audio Radius (4*90s, 1*200s, 2*270s, 1*380s), TP-Link TL-SG105-M2, Netgear GS308, IPhone 14 Pro Max 128GB Space Black, Secretlab TITAN Evo (Black SoftWeave Plus Fabric), 2*CyberPower BR1200ELCD-UK BRICs Series, Samsung 40" ES6800 Series 6 SMART 3D FHD LED TV, UGREEN USB 3.2 Gen 2 10Gbps M.2 NVMe SSD Enclosure, SABRENT 3.5" SATA drive docking station

Made an account specially for this 🍿

I'm done with LTT since they completely fobbed me off when they didn't require 3D secure for my CC payment which is mandatory in the country where I live... They pretended it was Shopify's fault whahahaha.

Just now, will0hlep said:

Its literally out on Floatplane now, read the thread...

Your suspicions are wrong.

Basically impossible for this video to cover the madison stuff given the timeline, I doubt it makes sense to release as is on youtube.

1 minute ago, ScoggsUK said:

I don’t think Linus can win here. Every comment is already negative and has a pre determined reaction. You guys would criticise it even if it was the one and only perfect response.

Exactly. Do you know why? Because he got caught lying in his responses. People will just assume that he's lying again, and you can't blame them. Linus has shown that he's morally compromised, so winning back trust is going to be exponentially harder. 

Well, y'know, something, something, the boy who cried wolf. Maybe linus should read that book too.

1 minute ago, ScoggsUK said:

Its literally out on Floatplane now, read the thread...

Your suspicions are wrong.

from what I can see, It looks like it has been locked to all on floatplane as well.

I might be experienced, but I'm human and I do make mistakes. Expand for common PC building advice, a short bio and a list of my components and other tech. I edit my messages after sending them alot, please refresh before posting your reply. Please try to be clear and specific, you'll get a better answer. Please remember to mark solutions once you have the information you need.

Common build advice: 1) Buy the cheapest (well reviewed) motherboard that has the features you need. Paying more typically only gets you features you won’t use. 2) only get as much RAM as you need, getting more won’t (typically) make your PC faster. 3) While I recommend getting an NVMe drive, you don’t need to splurge for an expensive drive with DRam cache, DRamless drives are fine for gamers. 4) paying for looks is fine, just don’t break the bank. 5) Tower coolers are usually good enough, unless you go top tier Intel or plan on OCing. 6) OCing is a dead meme, you probably shouldn’t bother. 7) "Bottlenecks" rarely matter and "Future-proofing" is a myth. 8) AIOs don't noticably improve performance past 240mm.

useful websiteshttps://www.productchart.com - helps compare monitors, https://uk.pcpartpicker.com - makes designing a PC easier.

He/Him

I'm a PhD student working in the fields of reinforcement learning and traffic control. PCs are one of my hobbies and I've built many PCs and performed upgrades on a few laptops (for myself, friends and family). My personal computers include 3 windows (10/11) machines and a TrueNAS server (and I'm looking to move to dual booting Linux Mint on my main machine in future). While I believe I have an decent amount of experience in spec’ing, building and troubleshooting computers, keep in mind I'm not an expert or a professional and I make mistakes.

Favourite Games of all time: World of Tanks, Runescape, Subnautica, Metroid (Fusion and Dread), Spyro: Year of the Dragon (Original and Reignited Trilogy), Crash Bash, Mario Kart Wii

Main PC: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/will0hlep/saved/NByp3C

Secondary PC: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/will0hlep/saved/cc9K7P

TrueNAS Server: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/will0hlep/saved/m37w3C

Laptop: 13.4" ASUS GZ301ZE ROG Flow Z13, WUXGA 120Hz, i9 12900H, 16GB DDR5, 1TB NVMe SSD, 4GB RTX 3050 Ti, TB4, Win11 Home, Used with: 2*ThinkPad Universal Thunderbolt 4 Dock, Logitech G603, Logitech G502 Hero, Logitech K120, Logitech G915 TKL, Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2, Logitech G PRO X Gaming-Headset (with Blue Icepop in Black), {specs to be updated: two monitors}

Other: LTT Screwdriver, LTT Stubby Screwdriver, IFIXIT Pro Tech Toolkit, Playstation 1 SCPH-102, Playstation 2 SCPH-30003, Gameboy Micro Silver OXY-001, Nintendo Wii U WUP-001(03), Playstation 4 CUH-1116A, Nintendo Switch OLED HEG-001, Yamaha RX-A4A Black AV Receiver, Monitor Audio Radius (4*90s, 1*200s, 2*270s, 1*380s), TP-Link TL-SG105-M2, Netgear GS308, IPhone 14 Pro Max 128GB Space Black, Secretlab TITAN Evo (Black SoftWeave Plus Fabric), 2*CyberPower BR1200ELCD-UK BRICs Series, Samsung 40" ES6800 Series 6 SMART 3D FHD LED TV, UGREEN USB 3.2 Gen 2 10Gbps M.2 NVMe SSD Enclosure, SABRENT 3.5" SATA drive docking station

5 minutes ago, ScoggsUK said:

Why the outrage?

There are sexual assault accusations coming out now, this is not the time for making sponsor jokes. 

CPU 5820K Motherboard Asus Rampage Edition 10 RAM Corsair DDR4 Dominator ROG Edition 16GB 3200MHz GPU MSI GTX 1080 Seahawk Case Corsair 900D Storage Samsung 970 PRO 512GB PSU Seasonic P1000 Display AOC AGON AG271QX Cooling Custom Water Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S

1 minute ago, will0hlep said:

from what I can see, It looks like it has been locked to all on floatplane as well.

That's the page you get when you don't subscribe to Floatplane

3 minutes ago, WillHemmens said:

There are sexual assault accusations coming out now, this is not the time for making sponsor jokes. 

Those posts were posted 4 hours ago, the video was probably shot by then. And he has already said that those will not be publicly addressed.

Live in reality. 

Linus only talked about the billetlab issue (what people really care about) for like 3 minutes in the 20 minute apology video.

Lets play @LinusTech bingo! You get a 100 points for every correct guess! The grand prize is a one of a kind water block by Billet Labs!

1. Doubles down states he and Linus Media Group are the victims of a witch hunt by Steve and Gamer Nexus.

2. Doubles down on Billet Labs water block being stolen and sold off sorry my bad I meant auctioned off!.

2. Calls all the facts brought up by Steve as being "Cherry Picked" and saying its really a non issues.

3. Teary eyed apology video we/i will do better done "off cuff".

4. Nothing wrong here, and nothing to see here!

1692180338741.jpg

Thanks for addressing this and keep up the good work. Ignore the willingfull hate. ❤️

Processor: Intel Core i7-5700HQ (Quad Core - Octo Thread) {2.70GHz - 3.40GHz}

Graphics: Nvidia GTX 970m 3GB GDDR5 (MXM Series) + Intel Integrated (Off)

Ram: 2x 1366Mhz 8GB + 2 1366Mhz 4GB

Steam https://steamcommunity.com/id/ElenaLeffelZXC4/

11 minutes ago, will0hlep said:

No I don't think so they posted it on float plane and my guess is that's because they want the most people to see the video which means they need to upload it in the morning 

The vid is on FP. Probs will be on YouTube later 

CPU: i7 4790K-----GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming + MSI GTX 980 TWINFROZR ------MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 7-------RAM: Klevv Genuine 2400MHz-------PSU: EVGA 850W SuperNOVA G2-------CASE: Phanteks Enhtoo Luxe

3 minutes ago, joaopt said:

they are all reading a script, this was clearly a PR firm job

Whats wrong with you, do you think GN or anyone else create videos without writing a script?

Seems like you have a negative response prepared beforehand for every single situation.