What do we do now?

LinusTech
5 minutes ago, yobson said:

he actually decided to paywall it for a bit hahaha

image.thumb.jpeg.f6b29ba7f23c220c6e4d253dc9c18020.jpeg

Jikes, seems like they don't understand how this, at least to some, makes them look. I think the intentions were good but the execution and understanding of the community were horrible in this case.

When addressing an issue of this scope one should not put that video behind a paywall.

To at least me, this comes out as tone-death.

2 minutes ago, WillHemmens said:

What's more important, getting the highest possible viewership on a video or editing completely pointless jokes out of an apology video after sexual assault accusations come out? Hmm

You're acting like they had time to respond to these accusations... Accusations...

never overclock your underwear

2 minutes ago, WillHemmens said:

What's more important, getting the highest possible viewership on a video or editing completely pointless jokes out of an apology video after sexual assault accusations come out? Hmm

Yes and no they won't talk about it because it would add fuel to the flames even more 

I don't really care about the accuracy issues as long as they are working on it.

They need to sort out the pressure the staff has been put under (including properly apologizing to ex staff that left due to these issues) and make right the issue with Billet labs.

Linus still gets my support for now, lets see if things can improve.

Just now, LinusDigMyOwnGraveTechTips said:

Yes because as we all learned from this Linus wil never ever lie or gaslight us guys. He is on our side!

tc2lk9v9kcib1.webp

Never said that, calm down broski.

never overclock your underwear

8 minutes ago, Lyre said:

He is the majority of the video 

Tis was a jo-ke 😉

1 minute ago, LinusDigMyOwnGraveTechTips said:

Yes because as we all learned from this Linus wil never ever lie or gaslight us guys. He is on our side!

tc2lk9v9kcib1.webp

needs to be him in the stupid fucking canada hat 🤣😹

I have to say, both Gamer Nexus and billet labs on reddit redacted the price they said on the value on monoblock was. In this video (on floatplane), it was clearly not redacted. 
Maybe BL is okay with it, but I feel this was forgotten to redact from the screenshot.

2 minutes ago, returnofblank said:

LTT is so money driven, they are quite literally renting us an apology and then filling that apology with adds for their screwdriver and store.

All businesses are money driven, just since their $18m(I think?) lab investement it seems like money has been the goal damn the consequences...

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

2 minutes ago, yobson said:

remember in the GN video where he states that he was asked to not share the value they gave for the prototype? LTT just popped it up on screen for everyone to see anyway

image.thumb.png.c5b33baf848146d9cdc5512575ca9d80.png

Gamer's Nexus also said that Billet Labs needed the product back and not having it affected their future plans. 

We originally said you could keep it because we thought it would be good for you to have it for future builds

So they were happy to let LTT keep it, but they needed it? Which one is it?

9 minutes ago, LinusDigMyOwnGraveTechTips said:

Yo dog a mistake is sliping and falling. A mistake isn't selling off someones one of a kind piece of hardware too the highest bidder without their permission and then reviewing it with the wrong graphics card while not using the card they sent with it.

A mistake can be big or small and all it takes is a miscommunication. I know someone who once recieved an email from a supplier saying their bank details had changed. The procedure for this was to call the company directly to confirm the change, but the person who normally handled this was on holiday, and this person had never been told the proceedure.

So they changed to bank details we had on record (not knowing any better) and no one noticed until £20,000 had been sent to the scammer who had comprimised the suppliers emails and sent the orginal message. There was no malice there, they were not at fault, it was an honest mistake, everyone could see that (and as the mistake was honest they weren't fired, the company just learned lessons).

I could easily believe that a similar level of mistake led to the loss of this prototype.

Anyway, the prototype is unimportant now that we are aware of the issues maddison has raised. We should all be focusing on those issues.

I might be experienced, but I'm human and I do make mistakes. Expand for common PC building advice, a short bio and a list of my components and other tech. I edit my messages after sending them alot, please refresh before posting your reply. Please try to be clear and specific, you'll get a better answer. Please remember to mark solutions once you have the information you need.

Common build advice: 1) Buy the cheapest (well reviewed) motherboard that has the features you need. Paying more typically only gets you features you won’t use. 2) only get as much RAM as you need, getting more won’t (typically) make your PC faster. 3) While I recommend getting an NVMe drive, you don’t need to splurge for an expensive drive with DRam cache, DRamless drives are fine for gamers. 4) paying for looks is fine, just don’t break the bank. 5) Tower coolers are usually good enough, unless you go top tier Intel or plan on OCing. 6) OCing is a dead meme, you probably shouldn’t bother. 7) "Bottlenecks" rarely matter and "Future-proofing" is a myth. 8) AIOs don't noticably improve performance past 240mm.

useful websiteshttps://www.productchart.com - helps compare monitors, https://uk.pcpartpicker.com - makes designing a PC easier.

He/Him

I'm a PhD student working in the fields of reinforcement learning and traffic control. PCs are one of my hobbies and I've built many PCs and performed upgrades on a few laptops (for myself, friends and family). My personal computers include 3 windows (10/11) machines and a TrueNAS server (and I'm looking to move to dual booting Linux Mint on my main machine in future). While I believe I have an decent amount of experience in spec’ing, building and troubleshooting computers, keep in mind I'm not an expert or a professional and I make mistakes.

Favourite Games of all time: World of Tanks, Runescape, Subnautica, Metroid (Fusion and Dread), Spyro: Year of the Dragon (Original and Reignited Trilogy), Crash Bash, Mario Kart Wii

Main PC: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/will0hlep/saved/NByp3C

Secondary PC: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/will0hlep/saved/cc9K7P

TrueNAS Server: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/will0hlep/saved/m37w3C

Laptop: 13.4" ASUS GZ301ZE ROG Flow Z13, WUXGA 120Hz, i9 12900H, 16GB DDR5, 1TB NVMe SSD, 4GB RTX 3050 Ti, TB4, Win11 Home, Used with: 2*ThinkPad Universal Thunderbolt 4 Dock, Logitech G603, Logitech G502 Hero, Logitech K120, Logitech G915 TKL, Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2, Logitech G PRO X Gaming-Headset (with Blue Icepop in Black), {specs to be updated: two monitors}

Other: LTT Screwdriver, LTT Stubby Screwdriver, IFIXIT Pro Tech Toolkit, Playstation 1 SCPH-102, Playstation 2 SCPH-30003, Gameboy Micro Silver OXY-001, Nintendo Wii U WUP-001(03), Playstation 4 CUH-1116A, Nintendo Switch OLED HEG-001, Yamaha RX-A4A Black AV Receiver, Monitor Audio Radius (4*90s, 1*200s, 2*270s, 1*380s), TP-Link TL-SG105-M2, Netgear GS308, IPhone 14 Pro Max 128GB Space Black, Secretlab TITAN Evo (Black SoftWeave Plus Fabric), 2*CyberPower BR1200ELCD-UK BRICs Series, Samsung 40" ES6800 Series 6 SMART 3D FHD LED TV, UGREEN USB 3.2 Gen 2 10Gbps M.2 NVMe SSD Enclosure, SABRENT 3.5" SATA drive docking station

55 minutes ago, bvvfbQsy5DmWyzTwcSLMWCMYYS said:

This was a good post.

The only thing about her behaviour (which I don't blame her for) which I don't understand is then after quitting, continuing to post in social media. That's such a lose-lose move. In that way she attracts negativity from the haters, which can be very damaging in an already hurt mental health state..

..and that also might bring her forcefully to a legal battle. Which for sure (as you said) damages ones mental health.

She has actually distanced herself in her livestreams, I remember people pop in and ask what she does or if she still worked for LMG and she always re-directed the conversation to something else and if that didn't work, the person would be banned.

It is absolutely incorrect to say this especially taking into account that she already had a social media presence before working at LMG.

Well, I have watched the video fully and I appreciate the effort that went into making a decision, getting everyone together, and cutting a video to address the issues at hand. It seems like rightfully, LMG is taking a step back and re-evaluating the situation. Taking time away from tossing out any video on the schedule regardless of the state of it, and figuring out how to balance doing things right, and doing them fast.

With that said, my FP and YT subscriptions will not be returning. I had been considering unsubscribing from YT ever since you launched 24/7 Linus TV as it meant I never saw when a new video was released (my only reason for using YT at all), and with the way Linus responded to the community outcry, it just pushed it over the edge. The 24/7 livestream on the main channel remains active, and as a result I will not be subscribing to the channel again.

As for FP, I know my $3/month means almost nothing in the FP sea of cash flow, but it is my only means of support and as this is the immediate reactionary period, I can't say the thing that made me cancel the subscription has really been addressed. Yes you are taking time away from the content creation schedule. Yes @LinusTech has admitted he was wrong, and This video shows that everyone in charge at LMG is working in some way to ensure their ducks are in a row, but the reality is that Linus was talking about what he feels and what his thoughts are and I just can't support that. Maybe that gets revisited in the future, but for now nothing really has changed with how I feel about Linus and LTT, so my actions will remain the same.

Do better. Be better. It looks like you are at least trying to at this point.

Forgot I had even made an account here lol. They took it down because they forgot the sponsor segment? Probably best not to post this at all publicly on YT until Madison's thread is also addressed, with real action plan to fix/revamp the culture at LMG.

Honestly I almost felt as if they were good first steps at rectifying issues until the Colton segment. Clearly a very calculated response along with the 1 week break just to say that they are making meaningful changes. Hopefully something cool does come out of it.

12 minutes ago, Lyre said:

It's an expectation video, but you wouldn't get that 

He essentially said "I said dumb shit that affected my bottom line" didn't mention anything about bashing them for 5 minutes straight on wan, or explain his comment just "I made a rash decision" then to regain floatplane subscribers he made it a timed exclusive. I really wouldn't understand at all