Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

Does anyone know more about the sexual harassment story Madison talked about? Where the female employee was yelled at for making it up?

9 hours ago, SimonShipperd said:

Oh no, a high workload at a demanding job. This has never been seen in the history of capitalism.

Oh no, you cannot read and copmprehend text. What an incel:D

Just now, Tumwum said:

Does anyone know more about the sexual harassment story Madison talked about? Where the female employee was yelled at for making it up?

we have only seen "her accusations", no proof, and definetly no LMG response since that would not be taken in public that would be taken in court if anything

5 minutes ago, HesCalledTheStig said:

My thoughts as well.  I dont think LMG will make a statement.  I think it will be handled internally if and when it's needed to be.  But who knows.  They have a lot going on right now.

I hope that they are doing an investigation through a third party. Just them doing an investigation isn't going to be enough, Also I don't want to join a hate brigade and further ruin the lives of others. This is going to have a lot of collateral so 🫠

4 minutes ago, djksm said:

@Linustech: RESPOND TO THIS TOPIC AND MAKE EVERYTHING BETTER PLEASE

Even if I'd really Like Linus to take on your offer, I doubt any good can come out of it. It would only feed the windmill of haters versus supporters.

Not counting that if there is legal action resulting of this, Linus should walk on eggs until it is resolved.

2 hours ago, HesCalledTheStig said:

Came here just to tell us that?  Don’t let the door hit ya….

Maybe give this time to play out.  No one knows all the details but the people involved. Hell, we don’t know if this is true or not. I’m sure LMG has its reasons for not responding to this. Why would they?  It would only stir the pot more. If they admit to any wrong doings the community will lynch them.  If they don’t respond the community will lynch them. If it gets handled silently the community will lynch them. It’s a lose lose situation any way you look at it. There are too many questions and speculations at this point. 

Any way, back on point, peace out Girl Scout. Good luck with your protest!

'peace out Girl Scout'. On point response from an older bloke defending someone from these kind of accusations without them ever even being addressed.

And to think, all I said was that I'm out. Imagine if I'd have said she deserves to be listened to, not necessarily believed with no right of reply (a reply that hasn't yet come). I'm guessing I'd be a cuck or a simp.

What an embarrassing reply honestly, grow up lad.

HOSTNAME: VERA | OS: Win10 | CASE: NZXT H440 | CPU: i7 8700K | GPU: EVGA  GTX1080 FTW | MEMORY: 2x8GB Team Group 8pack edition 3200MHz 14-14-14-31 | PSU: Seasonic P1000 | SSD: Vertex 4 512GB, 2 x SanDisk Ultra 2 960GB | HDD: 8TB total | DISPLAY: Acer Predator 1080p 144 Hz G Sync + Acer 27" 1080p | MOBO: Asus Prime-P | KEYBOARD, MOUSE AND PAD: Ducky Shine 5, Corsair M65 Pro and Razer Sabertooth | AUDIO: ASUS Xonar Phoebus, Corsair SP2500, AKG Q701 + ModMic, Audio Technica ATH-M50x | COOLER: Corsair H100i

1 minute ago, cloneman said:

Sexual harassment between 2 employees probably occurred, but I would suspect that was _not_ due to LTT taking this lightly.

It was an interpersonal conflict left to marinate inappropriately, at which point people start to insult and resent each other.

Everytime there's a divorce or a inter workplace conflict, these kinds of comments of harassment surface. It's usually not because the workplace tolerates sexual harassment, it's because minor conflicts, and fears of job insecurity, were not addressed and were allowed to escalate into resentment and name-calling. 

Sure
You can name-call someone without make it clear is about their sex or sexuality.

It's still sexual harassment, being grabbed or called a bitch or to "calm your tities" is not only name calling 

1 minute ago, HesCalledTheStig said:

They really arent obligated to tell us anything. They are going to be lynched no matter what they say so, its literally in their best interest to keep quiet and handle it internally.

Not necessarily. For example...making a coin-flip assumption here...they could investigate it, and find that she's telling the truth, and put out a statement saying they've fired the individuals responsible and taken steps to make it up to Madison.

That might even help stop Floatplane bleeding subscriptions quite so heavily.

You're right in that just about anything else will result in a stoning, though.

1 minute ago, Godiwa said:

I'd rather see 99 guilty go free than see ONE innocent have their life ruined because of false accussations...

Innocent until proven otherwise...

Have proof... (wear a mic, have a cam around you, whatever) and bring those fuggers down... and don't WAIT coming forward, ruins your case and evidence might get lost (like surveilance in building is only around most places for like 30 days)

you clearly need to educate yourself on the topic properly. sexual assualt is a truly traumatizing and horrifying experience. if an empoyee shares multiple stories to management, there should action taken. clearly that didnt happen. 

4 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

This the type of dude who ruins work for the rest of the workplace because he doesn't understand what's reasonable for your job and what's unacceptable especially including timetables and workloads.

Lmao.

It's not just "management expects you to do work" bud.

The person you're replying to was one of the most vociferous and irrational "Linus defense force" attack dogs in the thread about the GN video, it's not worth the time to engage. The demonstration that even these types of allegations aren't enough to sway his rabid loyalty for LTT proves it. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Just now, Toriyan said:

I hope that they are doing an investigation through a third party. Just them doing an investigation isn't going to be enough, Also I don't want to join a hate brigade and further ruin the lives of others. This is going to have a lot of collateral so 🫠

Yep.  And people dont seem to understand that LMG is a large and well known company.  They arent going to make a public statement before approaching it from a legal standpoint.  This is something that could ruin them.  They have to tread lightly and do things right.  

Has there been any official response to this yet?

I might be experienced, but I'm human and I do make mistakes. Expand for common PC building advice, a short bio and a list of my components and other tech. I edit my messages after sending them alot, please refresh before posting your reply. Please try to be clear and specific, you'll get a better answer. Please remember to mark solutions once you have the information you need.

Common build advice: 1) Buy the cheapest (well reviewed) motherboard that has the features you need. Paying more typically only gets you features you won’t use. 2) only get as much RAM as you need, getting more won’t (typically) make your PC faster. 3) While I recommend getting an NVMe drive, you don’t need to splurge for an expensive drive with DRam cache, DRamless drives are fine for gamers. 4) paying for looks is fine, just don’t break the bank. 5) Tower coolers are usually good enough, unless you go top tier Intel or plan on OCing. 6) OCing is a dead meme, you probably shouldn’t bother. 7) "Bottlenecks" rarely matter and "Future-proofing" is a myth. 8) AIOs don't noticably improve performance past 240mm.

useful websiteshttps://www.productchart.com - helps compare monitors, https://uk.pcpartpicker.com - makes designing a PC easier.

He/Him

I'm a PhD student working in the fields of reinforcement learning and traffic control. PCs are one of my hobbies and I've built many PCs and performed upgrades on a few laptops (for myself, friends and family). My personal computers include 3 windows (10/11) machines and a TrueNAS server (and I'm looking to move to dual booting Linux Mint on my main machine in future). While I believe I have an decent amount of experience in spec’ing, building and troubleshooting computers, keep in mind I'm not an expert or a professional and I make mistakes.

Favourite Games of all time: World of Tanks, Runescape, Subnautica, Metroid (Fusion and Dread), Spyro: Year of the Dragon (Original and Reignited Trilogy), Crash Bash, Mario Kart Wii

Main PC: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/will0hlep/saved/NByp3C

Secondary PC: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/will0hlep/saved/cc9K7P

TrueNAS Server: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/will0hlep/saved/m37w3C

Laptop: 13.4" ASUS GZ301ZE ROG Flow Z13, WUXGA 120Hz, i9 12900H, 16GB DDR5, 1TB NVMe SSD, 4GB RTX 3050 Ti, TB4, Win11 Home, Used with: 2*ThinkPad Universal Thunderbolt 4 Dock, Logitech G603, Logitech G502 Hero, Logitech K120, Logitech G915 TKL, Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2, Logitech G PRO X Gaming-Headset (with Blue Icepop in Black), {specs to be updated: two monitors}

Other: LTT Screwdriver, LTT Stubby Screwdriver, IFIXIT Pro Tech Toolkit, Playstation 1 SCPH-102, Playstation 2 SCPH-30003, Gameboy Micro Silver OXY-001, Nintendo Wii U WUP-001(03), Playstation 4 CUH-1116A, Nintendo Switch OLED HEG-001, Yamaha RX-A4A Black AV Receiver, Monitor Audio Radius (4*90s, 1*200s, 2*270s, 1*380s), TP-Link TL-SG105-M2, Netgear GS308, IPhone 14 Pro Max 128GB Space Black, Secretlab TITAN Evo (Black SoftWeave Plus Fabric), 2*CyberPower BR1200ELCD-UK BRICs Series, Samsung 40" ES6800 Series 6 SMART 3D FHD LED TV, UGREEN USB 3.2 Gen 2 10Gbps M.2 NVMe SSD Enclosure, SABRENT 3.5" SATA drive docking station

3 minutes ago, Godiwa said:

I'd rather see 99 guilty go free than see ONE innocent have their life ruined because of false accussations...

Innocent until proven otherwise...

Have proof... (wear a mic, have a cam around you, whatever) and bring those fuggers down... and don't WAIT coming forward, ruins your case and evidence might get lost (like surveilance in building is only around most places for like 30 days)

Dude... what? 

I'm not even gonna comment on the absurdity of your first statement.
Also employee's should go around recording everything in their life because of a fear of being mistreated, harassed etc...?
Makes no sense buddy

1 minute ago, Middcore said:

The person you're replying to was one of the most vociferous and irrational "Linus defense force" attack dogs in the thread about the GN video, it's not worth the time to engage. The demonstration that even these types of allegations aren't enough to sway his rabid loyalty for LTT proves it. 

ad hominem

Just now, iHateCoilWhine said:

you clearly need to educate yourself on the topic properly. sexual assualt is a truly traumatizing and horrifying experience. if an empoyee shares multiple stories to management, there should action taken. clearly that didnt happen. 

did she just go to them and say "bla bla bob is evil and touching me" or did she have a recording proving bob was talking nasty to her? or video of him groping her? or did she just make an accusation? I could go in and make several accusations too and demand they do something... how would they know it is true without proof?

6 minutes ago, Astetine said:

I believe Madison.

SA, gaslighting, harassment, blackmail, micro-aggression. As a woman who has been working in IT for many years I seen it all, it's happening all the time. You have no idea what stories we share between each other. Man are either ignorant or choose to not see these situations.  Luckily my workplace has been fairly good at dealing with this nowadays, but very few of us are so lucky.

You can even see it in this thread - suggestions of being delusional, seeking attention or misremembering. They always pop up - here is a bingo for you guys.

image.png.daff63c51a77c8943d4996702a95c270.png

These are some serious accusations and needs to be addressed. Addressed without any shootouts for store or jokes about sponsors - it's time to grow up.

Yes, some parts are very true. I work with a lot of female workers because I'm in marketing and we have a great team.
But some are more loose than others, and that's my biggest issue.

Claiming you're one of the guys, making the same jokes and maybe even going to the limit yourself can happen, and I have seen it happen.
I'm not taking sides, or disagreeing with you. I'm just sharing a side that also exists. 

Let's refresh our memory, ROG Reboot video in which Linus even corrected Maddison because she was going too far: 12:30...
What if she said that when working there and a male said "Yes you are", then shit hits the fan. But it could also be just plain fun.

There is no way of knowing if people don't communicate... 

My issue is that Madison has a history of saying weird stuff and that's fine. And if she did not like that maybe she should have stopped saying things like "I'm sexy ..." Those are very mixed signals to say on the one hand you don't want to be treated like that but saying stuff like this.

To be honest, I liked Madison and if this never came out I would have still liked her, but to make these jokes yourself and now point the finger exactly at the same moment this shit show I find very distasteful. 

"Trust but verify"
- Listed, think then talk -

2 minutes ago, digitalscream said:

Not necessarily. For example...making a coin-flip assumption here...they could investigate it, and find that she's telling the truth, and put out a statement saying they've fired the individuals responsible and taken steps to make it up to Madison.

That might even help stop Floatplane bleeding subscriptions quite so heavily.

You're right in that just about anything else will result in a stoning, though.

Them making a statement would be a bad move given the accusations.  They need to approach it correctly or it could destroy them.

Just now, HesCalledTheStig said:

Yep.  And people dont seem to understand that LMG is a large and well known company.  They arent going to make a public statement before approaching it from a legal standpoint.  This is something that could ruin them.  They have to tread lightly and do things right.  

If it weren't a sexual harassment and hostile workplace allegation then I wouldn't be so sure (given Linus rushing in to reply about GN) but yes, this is a whole different level and unless someone is severely compromised in judgment, any response to what Madison said is going to go through many hands, not the least of which will be legal counsel.

19 minutes ago, wanderingfool2 said:

This ^^^ and in this case, it should be a public report at the end.

I'm not sure LMG could really do anything.  If I'm not mistaken, they would have to prove that the words she says are actual lies.  So if she's telling the truth, there is no threat at all.  Even if she's telling a lie, LMG would likely still have an uphill battle in defamation as they would have to prove it didn't happen (which is pretty hard to prove)

Witness testimony would probably be enough to meet burden of proof in a Civil case, barring any rebuttals. It would be easy enough to defend, but requires some small shred that she acted in good faith. 

Hence why Madison should at least prepare to defend against the possibility of a suit. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Some of the posts here are disturbingly sick; it shows that it is not only an internal toxic problem but a significant vocal part of a community that approves and dismisses this kind of behavior. 

GN showed all the receipts and proofs about some bad practices at LMG (that are way less severe than this allegation), and for many people, the problem was that Steve did not call Linus. Overnight we had people becoming “experts” in journalistic practices to dismiss any of GN's points.

Now they want proof and are spilling a lot of right-wing incel ideas. 

The same with GN’s video. It doesn't matter the “proofs” are never enough…

8 minutes ago, coopa said:

@DakotaCx Looks like she said she didn't want to look at sexual organs for work and was told a little longer, that should be good enough to count as sexual harassment and hostile work environment.

Linus made an employee look at dicks and vaginas

1 minute ago, Remy van den Nouweland said:

Yes, some parts are very true. I work with a lot of female workers because I'm in marketing and we have a great team.
But some are more loose than others, and that's my biggest issue.

Claiming you're one of the guys, making the same jokes and maybe even going to the limit yourself can happen, and I have seen it happen.
I'm not taking sides, or disagreeing with you. I'm just sharing a side that also exists. 

Let's refresh our memory, ROG Reboot video in which Linus even corrected Maddison because she was going too far: 12:30...
What if she said that when working there and a male said "Yes you are", then shit hits the fan. But it could also be just plain fun.

There is no way of knowing if people don't communicate... 

My issue is that Madison has a history of saying weird stuff and that's fine. And if she did not like that maybe she should have stopped saying things like "I'm sexy ..." Those are very mixed signals to say on the one hand you don't want to be treated like that but saying stuff like this.

To be honest, I liked Madison and if this never came out I would have still liked her, but to make these jokes yourself and now point the finger exactly at the same moment this shit show I find very distasteful. 

"She shouldn't have worn that dress, she was asking for it." 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

3 minutes ago, Nighters said:

Oh no, you cannot read and copmprehend text. What an incel:D

If you could use your eyes and brain at the same time, you would have seen that I only replied to this tweet that was posted:

To stop the speculation and DM's I am receiving. I chose to quit my role at LTT because it, and the working environment I was facing, were ruining my mental health. The number of daily items the Social media role at the time was expected to fill was incredibly high.

My response was solely pointed towards the high workload.

The entire thread was not yet posted and I'm not going to waste my time to register on twitter/x to read a gigantic thread.

Be hey, nice reply. Boy oh boy, you sure showed me.

My apologies for any spelling / grammar mistakes. English isn't my native language.

5 minutes ago, CantHelpMyself said:

I doubt it.

This is the one he won't hastily respond to, and probably try to bury even harder than his previous..... Influencer moments.

He doesnt give a damn about all of this. He has 0 remorses. I have feelings that Madison's heart-breaking story will bring LGM down for good. 

1 minute ago, will0hlep said:

Has there been any official response to this yet?

The thread on Twitter went up during the night in British Columbia (Canada) last night and I doubt LTT has had adequate time to review what was said and make an action plan.

We do not need pitchforks and we sure as hell don't need Linus rushing in to make posts before the proper conclusions are reached. This is something that may take a day or two - and that's OK. It's better to have a thoughtful reply with a concrete, meaningful action plan on properly investigating what Madison said rather than just "rushing to answer first", which will ultimately do no good.