Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

5 minutes ago, Fuudge said:

It is true that men have no idea of what is to be a woman in an office env. However is it not basic sexism to take a person's accusations(they are just that at this point) at face value just because they are "a woman in an office enviroment"?  Why is it so wrong to wait for more information before picking a side? As per my previous post there have been plenty of cases where such accusations were false, why can't I doubt someone just because they are a woman and I am a man? I am NOT saying she is lying, I am saying that she MIGHT be and this doubt applies to everyone including anyone from LTT.

Is not about picking a side.

There are no sides to "pick"

Can't you see that your literal fan-ing on a company is showing clearly in your statement?

Madison is a singular, LMG is a corporation made of multiple people. 

People are choosing to protect LMG because of what? The make good videos that make you laugh once in a while, really?

Sure the accusations may not be true, but the point here is that until there is factual proof, the person could be suffering from this, while many people disregard her statement because they choose not to "believe" it. 

This is a very serious issue, not even talking legally.

No person, men or woman should ever have to feel like that in their work env, and we know that cases like this happened all the time, so why is her story less credible? 

My heart is with her, and we should be showing her support because no one deserves that treatment.

It's about doing the right thing for the person, because if its not true, the story is forgotten and everyone moves away, but if its true that person may see all of this and make her mental health situation go even worse

The whole "why didn't they come forth sooner" question is a frustrating one to see time and time again.

No matter when someone comes forward, you will always have people who turn on you instantly no matter what, and that's a hard thing to prepare for or deal with. People will harass you, your employment prospects become trickier, your relationships get strained, the legal and financial implications become 10x more complicated, and so on. 

Sometimes you hold off because you think you can just "deal with it" and try to get back to some place of normalcy in your life rather than make it more stressful by choosing to fight - and it might take a while before you realize you actually do want to do something about it. Expecting someone to make an immediate and perfect reaction to this is not realistic. 

The fact that she chose to make these comments only now, it isn't necessarily out of the question. Sometimes you don't feel the courage to say anything until the other party is in a position of weakness (or if you are in a position of strength). For example how some accusers don't feel the courage to come forward until others do first. Considering the issues coming to light regarding LTT as a workplace, and Linus' disastrous responses to recent events - it seems rational to come forth now. My only concern is that she is doing so without the advice of legal counsel, which might complicate things later.

Whether the allegations are actually true or not, we don't know and have to withhold judgment.

Just now, djksm said:

NO ONE HAS ANY PROOF CAN WE STOP BLAMING EVERYONE

dont need proof when ltt has had a long history of covering this stuff up.

remember that email that was sent to all staff and linus made a whole wan show segment about it trying to say it was fake. I bet that was real. 

Just now, codemak said:

There are difficult choices in life.   Taking advice from a random person on the internet named 'buttpoop' is not one of them.

lol i fell out of my chair

Did I help you?? Then please mark my answer as the solution!

A lot of people here have weird ideas of how to address the allegations brought forward, ranging from victim blaming, to taking the allegations as gospel.

What LMG needs to do is simple. Hire an external auditor to look into this. Tell the employees to co-operate. There are literal companies that exist just to manage such investigations.

Just now, ShadowDev said:

remember that email that was sent to all staff and linus made a whole wan show segment about it trying to say it was fake. I bet that was real. 

It's all speculation at this point.  There is no actual evidence from either side at this point. 

2 minutes ago, 0catt said:

Until it's proven its all a ruse we need to stand with the victim, this behaviour is not acceptable. There are multiple reasons to believe this is true. Sure you can take everything with a grain of salt but at the end, if all of this is true, she was/is the victim

So, if I want to hurt a company I just have to make claims on social media and I'll get unconditional support from everyone ?

Please, take time to see the potential abuse.

I am sure there are things that need to be resolved between all the parties involved. But declaring that Madison is a victim and should be avenged is not an appropriate nor constructive behavior. If I was close to Madison, I'd be helping her finding help in the form of a legal adviser and a counsellor.

Let's assume that things really happened like Madison said. Do you think Madison needs people help her twack Linus and LMG out of existence or someone to help her take decisions about her future ?

And before you say that I don't know what women experience in an office environment... Sawa is a female name and I work in an office environment.

Be cool everyone !

Just now, ShadowDev said:

I am interested in learning more about the "long history" of covering up sexual harassment. Can you provide verifiable examples I can read up on? 

3 minutes ago, codemak said:

This is all I will respond to so we can get back to reality.

No, someone did not show that.  There was no discovery required by a court of law that resulted in evidence these events actually took place.  It would be sad for both parties if they did.

people before they went into court because of their sexual harassment issues, weren't sexually harassed ?

Big big oof man. not every woman is this "hysterical girl in seek of attention" like you think.

god help you cause, girl, you need it

and I don't even believe in god lol but u need it

1 minute ago, ShadowDev said:

you "bet", that does not mean you know

25 minutes ago, codemak said:

You're right.  Because if she is an emotionally unstable salty ex-employee and she is trying to contribute to devaluing a multi-million dollar company out of spite and/or a misunderstanding of reality then LTT is the victim.

I was initially speechless so let me try to articulate my reply here... you are already speculating that she is "an emotionally unstable salty ex-employee and she is trying to contribute to devaluing a multi-million dollar company out of spite and/or a misunderstanding of reality."

Has it occurred to you that this is the reason why many victims never choose to come forward, or have a delay in doing so? Because either a large company or their fans will rabidly go after them, implying that they're making it up, that they're just in it for the money, that they have mental illness? That's exactly what many posters are doing in this thread.

I would encourage you to read the entire Twitter thread (via Threadreader). on some very specific issues, some less and more worse:

• High workload, but regularly having their job belittled because it was "the fun job" (or expectation to check/post on socials on weekends because "Social media isn't a real job).
  • Fear of coming forward earlier due to backlash from the LTT community (which is happening right now in this thread) - look what happened to Mindchop after he bought the silver play button at the NCIX option (short version: they ended up committing suicide after LTT fans relentlessly harassed him because they felt Linus deserved the button)
  •  Fear of coming forward earlier as LTT has a lot of industry connections and could effectively tank future job prospects
  • Being blacklisted from appearing in videos after coming forward saying they had been inappropriately grabbed multiple times in the office.
  • Being mislead greatly on the nature of the job contract and being given a totally different job contract after moving back to Canada and losing a US visa, and then when confronted on it, Linus gaslighting her on how "perhaps [she] should changer [her] priorities" because her brother died less than a week before she moved.
  • Called a tattle tale for reporting inappropriate workplace behavior
  • Being told off for using sick days that employees are legally entitled to
  • Being asked questions that are sexual harassment (sexual history, BF sexual history, "how [they] liked to fuck", asked to twerk for a coworker
  • Forced to manage the Onlyfans account despite not wanting to (which via user comments and video images forced unwanted sexually explicit content on her)

These are not trivial accusations, and starting the discussion with how maybe LMG is the real victim and she's mentally unstable and must be making it up is absolutely insane.

LMG deserves a chance to defend themselves and investigate this properly. But starting this discussion by attacking the legitimacy of the accuser (ad hominem attack) or the forum (Twitter) in which they chose to share their side of the story is both disgusting and a reason why many people never come forward to whistleblow on toxic workplaces. I've seen a variety of this in this forum thread already from different posters...

26 minutes ago, 0catt said:

A person tells you she has been trough sexual harassment, and your response is to think she is lying. 

I love men having no idea of what is to be a woman in a office env.

some has been around this drama before and we dont know the full story, ofc this doesn't mean something is fully right or wrong, but that there was some issues. Also that some around this has gotten some drama involved.

Yes people dont know how it is for others, same goes for women too, not every women will know how other women would feel or have experienced.
But sure there are some basic things that might targeted or be experienced by more women, or some misunderstandings that could be forced or accidental.

Edited by Quackers101

7 minutes ago, ShadowDev said:

people here are disgusting. defending linus even when theres clear Sexual Harassment. Trying to make the victim feel like its their fault, trying to find any reason to deflect it back at them... 

cannot wait for this channel and community to be gone. 

how is it 'clear' when theres no solid damning evidence?

Most of the people here talking about "proof" and "evidence" would only ever accept a standard of proof that they know full well is vanishingly unlikely to exist in cases like this. 

Because Madison didn't wear a wire like she was doing an FBI mafia sting operation to record people insulting and sexually harassing her, there will never be any "proof" for these people and so they will bury their heads in the sand. And even if she did that and a recording existed they'd say it was deceptively edited, a deepfake, etc.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 minute ago, codemak said:

There are difficult choices in life.   Not taking advice from a random person on the internet named 'buttpoop' is not one of them.

Ah, so if my screenname was different, you would admit you are sexist and apologize to your daughter? That's what is being inferred here by your lame attempt at a joke.

Just now, dago_mcj said:

She said a manager once told her to "calm her tits".  Here's a quick challenge. Find who at LMG has said "calm your tits" the most.  I can only find one and he works on the writing team.

from what i see, shes probably being treated as 'one of the bros' and she obviously dont like it.

Alright. This discussion has derailed into whataboutisms, and fragile attempts at finding a means of discrediting her through such wild claims of "Being unprofessional, young, immature, mentally unstable, asking for it, shouldn't dress/act like that" And so many other really sexist and disturbing takes on this forum from members of this community.

As a woman working in the the industry these are the exact issues I see that cause this shit to go untalked about, and then when we do eventually feel safe talking about it we get accused of "Why wait so long? Seems sus with the timing. Must be for clout, or must be another Amber heard. I didn't take these seriously before, but now I can use that case for the next 20 years to rationalize why I'll never take any woman seriously ever again. It must just be that time of the month, or her being crazy"

This forum thread only serves as an example of why this shit happened, continues to happen to woman in the industry, and why it doesn't get talked about as nobody is actually ready to have this discussion. They just want to continue pretending nothing is wrong with the industry in general, and can't fathom the tech industry is a boys club with many men holding poor views on woman.

This is why it takes so long to even attempt to talk about this serious topic. This forum is exactly why I believe Madison so much more thanks to visiting this thread because folks in here are quick to dismiss any claims instead of thinking about it, and take them seriously. This is the exact culture the tech industry breeds, and why most want nothing to do with it.

1 minute ago, dago_mcj said:

She said a manager once told her to "calm her tits".  Here's a quick challenge. Find who at LMG has said "calm your tits" the most.  I can only find one and he works on the writing team.

james?

Just now, DaytonaDragon said:

Earth NOT being flat and on a tortoise is a fact because it's been proven. 

Actually it was a fact the whole time. Even before it was proven.

Don't forget to mark posts as the solution if you're satisfied!

1 minute ago, Middcore said:

Most of the people here talking about "proof" would only ever accept a standard of proof that they know full well is vanishingly unlikely to exist in cases like this. 

I don't think that's true. 

If what she is saying is true she can drop the names of those who made the comments, certainly those that grabbed her, as well as the managers that failed to respond. Give specifics around those circumstances, general timeframes, situations, witnesses to it, etc. 

2 minutes ago, Sawa Takahashi said:

So, if I want to hurt a company I just have to make claims on social media and I'll get unconditional support from everyone ?

Please, take time to see the potential abuse.

I am sure there are things that need to be resolved between all the parties involved. But declaring that Madison is a victim and should be avenged is not an appropriate nor constructive behavior. If I was close to Madison, I'd be helping her finding help in the form of a legal adviser and a counsellor.

Let's assume that things really happened like Madison said. Do you think Madison needs people help her twack Linus and LMG out of existence or someone to help her take decisions about her future ?

And before you say that I don't know what women experience in an office environment... Sawa is a female name and I work in an office environment.

Be cool everyone !

It hurts more the person than the company, because if there is no legal action, this all just goes down the drain and people will choose to stay with LMG because they are fanboys. 

It's not because it didn't happen with other women in office, or if they don't come forward, that makes it a lie. 

Sure it doesn't make it true, but if its true, this is very bad and should objectively be taken more serious. 

How can we as human beings take side on corporations rather than other human beings? 

Just because some people lie? Like look at the statistics, mostly all the sexual harassment allegations against corporations turn out to be true.

just because someone doesn't have money to pay legal fees doesn't make them untrue.

1 minute ago, codemak said:

You're constantly assuming beyond the scope of the information I have provided (also known as putting words in my mouth that I did not say).   Nor did I imply anything beyond the scope of the limited statements I have made.

In other words, you once again misinterpreted reality.

Did I tho?

You seem to forget what you type so fast 

I would get that checked out

12 minutes ago, Gunpocket said:

False accusations are only around 8-10% at the highest, according to several studies. There aren't "gazillions" of fake allegations. That's just you heavily inflating the amount for your own purposes. I'm sorry to say, but you're wrong. Yes, it can be very difficult to prove these things. But you instantly treating them as fake shows your bias.

Yes, 10% at the highest .... sure ... I guess I imagined the thousands of men ruined by false allegations. I treat them as fake because nothing has been proven. And it's likely nothing will be proven because it never happened, or at least not how she imagines it happened.