Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

1 minute ago, Cooldoe said:

Her post actually make me doubt her more as the onlyfans account is a joke. If someone show her explicit content there then I will question why as the subs should know it is a joke account and you cannot msg without subbing. 

Haha, I know, thats what I meant. She is clearly thinking about it. Her plans for twitch is botched, YouTube botched, the only remaining thing is OnlyFans, where people will sub no matter what. 

What is the max damages Maddie can collect from this fiasco? A 10k CAD settlement and an NDA? I don't understand. That won't even boil the water in a small kettle in Vancouver, or Alberta or wherever she is 

7 minutes ago, Reclus said:

The problem really might be - what happens after.

LMG is a company. There is enough knowledge and experience there for them to manage even in the worst case scenario. Linus will just have to postpone making videos of his swimming pool.

For Maddison however - the worst case scenario looks really bleak. Someone mentioned here that her posts had a shock value that will subside. I have to agree. The more time passes the more reason will be applied to what she posted under emotional duress. If the investigations bring nothing to light and all of it will just stand on what she posted... The angry mobs never stop. If LMG looses and is publicly eviscerated - again - as we can very clearly seen on this forum - the angry mobs never stop.

The entire thing started because she was being hounded on Twitter. She turned the volume on this by a 1000%. 

Indeed. Though I am concerned that LMG cannot get out of this without a severely damaged reputation. Since upper management - including Linus - seems to be involved, what is the new CEO gonna do? Fire all of them including Linus? Surely not I would guess. And I am curious whether there is anything at all that can be done to repair the damage done to Madison and thus to LMG's reputation by extension.

Despite the loss of respect that this caused (or will cause) - I am confident that the people at LMG will do or at least try to do the right. Whatever that actually could be in this case.

22 minutes ago, hmfaysal said:

I love mind maps ❤️

Screenshot2023-08-18161511.thumb.jpg.0c5a3693e439566d53486c664c714873.jpg

This seem to be she only take the jobs to get cloud and she cannot get the screen time that she want so she is complaining. She seem does not have a clear idea on how to work with a company means

2 minutes ago, fritzmg said:

Indeed. Though I am concerned that LMG cannot get out of this without a severely damaged reputation. Since upper management - including Linus - seems to be involved, what is the new CEO gonna do? Fire all of them including Linus? Surely not I would guess. And I am curious whether there is anything at all that can be done to repair the damage done to Madison and thus to LMG's reputation by extension.

Despite the loss of respect that this caused (or will cause) - I am confident that the people at LMG will do or at least try to do the right. Whatever that actually could be in this case.

You are assuming all that madison said is true while some of her comment is a bit questionable

1 minute ago, fritzmg said:

Firing Linus would be suicide. Without Linus this company is nothing. He is the brandmark of it. That's like renaming Coca Cola to Some Other Cola.

8 minutes ago, hmfaysal said:

Well said sir, she made the error of thinking she has the support of a large tech channel (GN 2 mill subs), she made a calculated move, but she is bad at maths, its as simple as that. 

Yes she most likely chose the wrong way of dealing with her issue. But I would not imply any kind of calculation behind it on her part as  clearly this was done under a mix of anger and stress. 

Someone should really advise her to stop posting thou. I really don't understand why people treat Twitter as some kind of one way info street. You say something - it will come back. Just stop.

2 minutes ago, fritzmg said:

One result will almost certainly be that the rest of the upper management team slaps a gag order on Linus - no more hot takes, and no more potentially damaging emotional reactions.

Great for the company, less so for the portion of the fanbase that lives for the entertainment value inherent to his YOLO approach to PR.

4 minutes ago, fritzmg said:

Too many people supporting Madison are attributing the whole thing to malice, whereas it's pretty obvious (to me) that it's all explained by a bunch of people who don't know how to run the non-money-making side of a business winging it and trying to do the right thing, but getting it wrong.

Happens all the time, all over the world. They make the erroneous assumption that the people between them and the the low-level employees - ie the middle managers - will always act with the same level of integrity and personal investment as the people at the top. That assumption breeds a chasm between them and the reality of what's happening in their company, because the middle managers have a vested interest in them not knowing what's going wrong, and the upper management get so swamped that they don't ask for the details.

Then, when something like this comes up, nobody knows a) what happened, and b) what to do about it.

2 minutes ago, hmfaysal said:

Sorry man, I did not want to be part of it even, after seeing 120 pages last night, without someone mentioning these points in fear of getting cancelled, I had to say these.

I can tell you one thing, up until 130 pages, nobody mentioned the Onlyfans issue. Everybody ignored the money issues Madison raised. 

I already stated more than once before in this topic that this was likely a case of her taking on a job she wasn't ready for, feeling pressured into keeping it despite not fitting in and not realizing how many people would KILL to be in her place. She really didn't show any gratitude for the chance she got and the fact she kept bringing up contract & money and then used very weak examples of stuff that happened (the non-insult & sexual stuff) it makes me almost 100% sure that she simply bit off more than she could chew.

Linus is ultimately to blame - he caved to public pressure to hire her and probably didn't expect her to do so poorly at her job or to have such great demands. She was CLEARLY unhappy and with unhappy workers, it's very easy to ruffle their feathers. A happy worker you can ask a boon off - she posts it on Twitter as if it was a deadly sin. I mean, I take calls from work during weekends and after work hours because I love my job (mostly) and I'm motivated. For a young girl like her, she should be jumping through flaming hoops to keep the job since it's a massive opportunity. Instead she burned bridge after bridge and clearly wanted too much, didn't have enough to offer in return and was too demanding. Add the sexual accusations and it becomes a really ugly mess.

4 minutes ago, digitalscream said:

One result will almost certainly be that the rest of the upper management team slaps a gag order on Linus - no more hot takes, and no more potentially damaging emotional reactions.

Great for the company, less so for the portion of the fanbase that lives for the entertainment value inherent to his YOLO approach to PR.

Too many people supporting Madison are attributing the whole thing to malice, whereas it's pretty obvious (to me) that it's all explained by a bunch of people who don't know how to run the non-money-making side of a business winging it and trying to do the right thing, but getting it wrong.

Happens all the time, all over the world. They make the erroneous assumption that the people between them and the the low-level employees - ie the middle managers - will always act with the same level of integrity and personal investment as the people at the top. That assumption breeds a chasm between them and the reality of what's happening in their company, because the middle managers have a vested interest in them not knowing what's going wrong, and the upper management get so swamped that they don't ask for the details.

Then, when something like this comes up, nobody knows a) what happened, and b) what to do about it.

I wouldn't agree with the part where middle management has a vested interest in withholding information. That is a very short lived work ethic, more over it can be applied (rightfully so) to all levels of employees. Owner wants HIS business to grow and make money, CEO wants a good budget and a hefty bonus, so do the managers and supervisors. So do the employees who either want stability or progress within the company. If we apply either malice or incompetence we can again apply it to all levels.

1 minute ago, Majestic12 said:

Linus is ultimately to blame - he caved to public pressure to hire her and probably didn't expect her to do so poorly at her job or to have such great demands. She was CLEARLY unhappy and with unhappy workers, it's very easy to ruffle their feathers.

I 100% agree with this, after the ROG RIG Reboot video there was a lot of demand to hire her for her quirky personality and what most likely happened is that Linus caved to peer pressure and didn't see any harm in hireing her. 

That being said, LMG should have had guard rails in place to help co-workers like her who obviously have a history with mental issues. 
I hope this situation raised some awareness in the company and that they are going to put something in place to help other co-workers who may be dealing with burn-out, stress or other mental issues due to the high workload. 

I'm applying Ikea spelling, meaning you get most of the words and letters, then it's up to you to assemble them correctly! 👍

Awful situation. LMG should be absolutely ashamed of what happened.

13 minutes ago, Reclus said:

I wouldn't agree with the part where middle management has a vested interest in withholding information. That is a very short lived work ethic, more over it can be applied (rightfully so) to all levels of employees. Owner wants HIS business to grow and make money, CEO wants a good budget and a hefty bonus, so do the managers and supervisors. So do the employees who either want stability or progress within the company. If we apply either malice or incompetence we can again apply it to all levels.

Fair point - I meant in a dysfunctional management structure. When people are allowed to act in the way that Madison describes, middle management have two options: exploit the disconnect between senior management and the grunts and sweep it under the rug (potentially kicking it down the road for someone else to sort out), or deal with it and all of its fallout. The former is easier than the latter, especially when it's other managers (or themselves) behaving badly as described, and in an environment where accountability is...fluid...it's easy enough for those things to just "disappear". That all goes double in a grindset environment, where nobody cares about anything but results - "The only thing we care about is putting out 25 videos a week".

Again, I'm only going from my experience in such companies. They rarely last long like that; LMG is a real exception in that it's gone for over a decade without completely falling apart under the weight of its mistakes (covered, no doubt, by the fact that they're exceptionally good at the parts of the business that make money).

53 minutes ago, GhostSix said:

See that's the two side to it... Reddit / Twitter takes one side, the forum takes another is usually the case, but in this instance it appears to be spread out.  I do hope that the investigation is done in the right manner with a complete timeline full of context.   Longer it drags out, the longer the drama will be, but in this instance better to be factually accurate.

On reddit I for e.g. was banned because I said slicing your own leg to get a day off work makes you an unstable/unreliable person. Permanently banned an muted.

Reddit has that believeallwomen thing going on, so it's safe to say Reddit mods are banning/censoring people critical of Madison's allegations and actions.

The outrage is manufactored and fake there. Most of the commenters are not even from the community but they brigading from other subs. Until Reddit's Admins stepped in, mods were leaving comments like "burn it all down" up while banning opposing viewpoints.

1 minute ago, digitalscream said:

Fair point - I meant in a dysfunctional management structure. When people are allowed to act in the way that Madison describes, middle management have two options: exploit the disconnect between senior management and the grunts and sweep it under the rug (potentially kicking it down the road for someone else to sort out), or deal with it and all of its fallout. The former is easier than the latter, especially when it's other managers (or themselves) behaving badly as described, and in an environment where accountability is...fluid...it's easy enough for those things to just "disappear". That all goes double in a grindset environment, where nobody cares about anything but results - "The only thing we care about is putting out 25 videos a week".

Again, I'm only going from my experience in such companies. They rarely last long like that; LMG is a real exception in that it's gone for over a decade without completely falling apart under the weight of its mistakes (covered, no doubt, by the fact that they're exceptionally good at the parts of the business that make money).

Your experience in media companies? What are you talking about? Smaller TV channels, large media behemoths, you pick one. Heck even Mindgeeks production units have way more demanding schedule. I don't understand why do we have to make up work flow routines for other companies because Madison demands it at LMG where she doesn't work anymore, in a job she wasn't competent to do so.

2 minutes ago, Someona said:

On reddit I for e.g. was banned because I said slicing your own leg to get a day off work makes you an unstable/unreliable person. Permanently banned an muted.

Reddit has that believeallwomen thing going on, so it's safe to say Reddit mods are banning/censoring people critical of Madison's allegations and actions.

The outrage is manufactored and fake there. Most of the commenters are not even from the community but they brigading from other subs. Until Reddit's Admins stepped in, mods were leaving comments like "burn it all down" up while banning opposing viewpoints.

Reddit mods are completely unhinged and are the dregs of society.  Power hungry peons who have nothing else going in their life.  It's an echo chamber with the most religious zealots as mods.   

I got banned from one sub for making a critique about how a gross company was promoting LGBTQ stuff without ever actually changing their corporate culture.  Essentially calling them empty promises and that they really didn't have any interest in mind other than the company's...I was permabanned for anti-LGBTQ bigotry, no shit,  and when I requested this be lifted because it is absolutely incorrect, mod said "too bad, I guess think about the way you speak next time".    

The believeallwomen vibes are part of their religion as well, and you cant have any kind of nuance there in this discussion.  It has to be LMG is evil, they abused Madison, burn them to the ground, period.  Any reasonable take is not welcome there.

El Zoido:  9900k + RTX 4090 / 32 gb 3600mHz RAM / z390 Aorus Master 

The Box:  3900x + RTX 3080 /  32 gb 3000mHz RAM / B550 MSI mortar 

30 minutes ago, Majestic12 said:

I already stated more than once before in this topic that this was likely a case of her taking on a job she wasn't ready for, feeling pressured into keeping it despite not fitting in and not realizing how many people would KILL to be in her place. She really didn't show any gratitude for the chance she got and the fact she kept bringing up contract & money and then used very weak examples of stuff that happened (the non-insult & sexual stuff) it makes me almost 100% sure that she simply bit off more than she could chew.

She's American.  What visa did she come in on?  Is it a general catch-all NAFTA tech visa or something more specific?  Bait-and-switch job descriptions is an immigration violation.  ("I filed paperwork for you to be a live-in nanny.  Now work off your debt in this-here massage parlour.")  If not, it's still a process fail.

5 minutes ago, fastferry said:

She's American.  What visa did she come in on?  Is it a general catch-all NAFTA tech visa or something more specific?  Bait-and-switch job descriptions is an immigration violation.  ("I filed paperwork for you to be a live-in nanny.  Now work off your debt in this-here massage parlour.")  If not, it's still a process fail.

No no, she is canadian, she was in US on visa. Nothing was stopping her to leave the job. She wanted more air time, fame, popularity, money. Did not get her way. 

Seems like other co workers were resentful of her sense of entitlement. Because she did twitch before, she kinda thought she knew how to run a media organization. 

6 minutes ago, hmfaysal said:

No no, she is canadian, she was in US on visa. Nothing was stopping her to leave the job. She wanted more air time, fame, popularity, money. Did not get her way. 

Seems like other co workers were resentful of her sense of entitlement. Because she did twitch before, she kinda thought she knew how to run a media organization. 

You sound like you're assuming an awful lot about people who don't know you and you don't know.

Those (many) of you who are doubting Madison's claims, or think it's an even chance of whether it's true or not...

Show me evidence that contradicts Madison's claims.

Not conjecture, not drawing stupid circles around random words in her posts, actual evidence which we are aware of which demonstrably proves Madison's version of events as being false.

Because we have evidence which supports her side of the story. LMG was aware of issues when she left the company, that is now established fact. Secondary witnesses have confirmed her story has remained the same since then (this is very rare when people are lying - it is a good indicator that people are telling the truth). Employees have expressed support for her.

Until there is evidence which undermines her story to the extent that matches the evidence that supports it, it is inexcusable to claim that Madison is lying.

Just now, Sho2048 said:

You sound like you're assuming an awful lot about people who don't know you and you don't know.

No no, we searched, researched this topic, at around page 110 yesterday. I guess. I could be wrong about the page number though. We had the discussion about which legal region she is based in. 

It was that discussion, its spread across two pages of threads

1 minute ago, McGherkin said:

Those (many) of you who are doubting Madison's claims, or think it's an even chance of whether it's true or not...

Show me evidence that contradicts Madison's claims.

Not conjecture, not drawing stupid circles around random words in her posts, actual evidence which we are aware of which demonstrably proves Madison's version of events as being false.

Because we have evidence which supports her side of the story. LMG was aware of issues when she left the company, that is now established fact. Secondary witnesses have confirmed her story has remained the same since then (this is very rare when people are lying - it is a good indicator that people are telling the truth). Employees have expressed support for her.

Until there is evidence which undermines her story to the extent that matches the evidence that supports it, it is inexcusable to claim that Madison is lying.

No, none of claimed her side is false, on the contrary, we are discussing what is she going to get out of this fiasco if everything turns out to be true.

its about Madison, not you, not me. 

2 minutes ago, hmfaysal said:

No no, we searched, researched this topic, at around page 110 yesterday. I guess. I could be wrong about the page number though. We had the discussion about which legal region she is based in. 

It was that discussion, its spread across two pages of threads

No you don't know shit. At all. And you should stop recommending alleged victims to get into pornography. It's disgusting.

25 minutes ago, hmfaysal said:

Your experience in media companies? What are you talking about? Smaller TV channels, large media behemoths, you pick one. Heck even Mindgeeks production units have way more demanding schedule. I don't understand why do we have to make up work flow routines for other companies because Madison demands it at LMG where she doesn't work anymore, in a job she wasn't competent to do so.

You appear to be conflating two things - the workflow changes caused by GN's video and the HR process and accountability changes caused by Madison's claims. Madison's claims have nothing to do with the workflow changes, and in fact she's not demanding any changes at the company - she's implicitly demanding an investigation, which is being done.

Her relative competence is really nothing to do with it, it's how that was handled that's in question. Hell, you could even question why there wasn't a coaching programme in place specifically for taking on such inexperienced staff - such a thing would be a prerequisite for bringing someone in who's never worked in a corporate environment before.

4 minutes ago, hmfaysal said:

My question for the investigators would then be:  did LMG bait and switch the job descriptions as she described?  That's a labour law fail, even if she was too young/naive/disorganized to keep a paper trail.  Did she "already give up her visa" (as she described) before or after signing a contract?  (If before:  that's on her for being impulsive.)  Which contract did she sign?  And can employment contracts have legal jargon that says, "we reserve the right to totally change your duties on your first day?"