Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

1 minute ago, AHPanda said:

Even if they did. Do they deserve the public Lynching that will most likely occur? Ever thought about that?

Law and Order, it's not just a TV flick.

Yes. Obviously

Did I help you?? Then please mark my answer as the solution!

I feel like lots of folks are talking past each other here on the "Where is the line" issue...

Civil communication is all about setting boundaries with other people, and then reading their boundaries. It's often done implicitly, not explicitly. No one is perfect at setting/reading other's boundaries.

I think the nuance that boundaries are set by one person and read by another is being missed in this thread. Boundaries can be set/communicated improperly, and boundaries can be read/checked improperly.

Half the people in this topic are saying "If you're bad at reading boundaries, don't push boundaries!" while the other half is saying "If someone sets bad boundaries, I have no way of knowing what is and isn't appropriate!" ...and both sides are right! Maddison could have been bad at setting boundaries, and/or others at LMG could have been bad at reading boundaries.

To provide two examples:

A) If you make a dirty joke towards someone when you aren't comfortable with people making dirty jokes towards yourself, you're bad at setting boundaries.

B) If you see a person makes sexual jokes, and you therefore think it's okay to touch them sexually, you're bad at reading boundaries.

Edited by Swaggless
Typos

1 minute ago, Swaggless said:

I feel like lots of folks are talking past each other here on the "Where is the line" issue...

Civil communication is all about setting boundaries with other people, and then reading their boundaries. It's often done implicitly, not explicitly. No one is perfect that setting/reading other's boundaries.

I think the nuance that boundaries are set by one person and read by another are being missed in this thread. Boundaries can be set/communicated improperly, and boundaries can be read/checked improperly.

Half the people in this topic are saying "If you're bad at reading boundaries, don't push boundaries!" while the other half is saying "If someone sets bad boundaries, I have no way of knowing what is and isn't appropriate!" an both sides are right. Maddison could have been bad at setting boundaries, and/or others at LMG could have been bad at reading boundaries.

To provide two examples:

A) If you make a dirty joke towards someone when you aren't comfortable with people making dirty jokes towards yourself, you're bad at setting boundaries.

B) If you see a person makes sexual jokes, and you therefore you think it's okay to touch them sexually, you're bad at reading boundaries.

Thank you for more clearly articulating my thought on this.

4 minutes ago, Swaggless said:

Civil communication is all about setting boundaries with other people, and then reading their boundaries. It's often done implicitly, not explicitly. No one is perfect that setting/reading other's boundaries.

I think the nuance that boundaries are set by one person and read by another are being missed in this thread. Boundaries can be set/communicated improperly, and boundaries can be read/checked improperly.

Half the people in this topic are saying "If you're bad at reading boundaries, don't push boundaries!" while the other half is saying "If someone sets bad boundaries, I have no way of knowing what is and isn't appropriate!" ...and both sides are right! Maddison could have been bad at setting boundaries, and/or others at LMG could have been bad at reading boundaries.

To provide two examples:

B) If you see a person makes sexual jokes, and you therefore you think it's okay to touch them sexually, you're bad at reading boundaries.

Thank you for your input, I couldn't have said it better myself. 

I'm applying Ikea spelling, meaning you get most of the words and letters, then it's up to you to assemble them correctly! 👍

1 hour ago, GG-545 said:

This is the main thing I wanted to comment on in this thread actually.

I feel people have unrealistic expectations of this "third party" investigation.

So, just because an investigation happens, does not mean the situation will improve.

I've been through a third-party investigation, too.  The scope was much smaller than this thread.  First, they put pen and paper in front of me and gave me 30 minutes to write my victim statement.  Then they interviewed me.  Then they interviewed the rando-manager who openly admitted to telling my actual manager to modify my records, pleading ignorance about procedures.  The (different) department who owns said procedures had to create, print and post an explainer-chart to eliminate all "ignorance" and prevent future managers from pulling the same stunt.  The rando-manager who had it in for me got a written warning, and my records were restored.

12 minutes ago, AHPanda said:

Even if they did. Do they deserve the public Lynching that will most likely occur? Ever thought about that?

Law and Order, it's not just a TV flick.

They shouldn’t have done what they did. And unless I’m wrong, she didn’t name names. 

36 minutes ago, Kisai said:

Every woman on the internet has run into the mob angry men with the pitchforks and torches out, especially since 2016 when they decided to all collectively kill any chance of being in a relationship with one by punching down women who put out youtube videos that maybe doesn't paint their favorite game in a positive light.

Look up "Is it okay to punch a nazi" and you will find this:

Hence, you want to kick the bad-intentioned people off the forum before they bring their bad-intentioned friends and it becomes untenable to do so without razing the entire thing.

It's generally okay to have a forum that everyone has a chance to speak up, but when the bad-intentioned ones make it impossible to do so, then you need to go "okay, time to get rid of the people who are only here to troll."

Trolls never have good intentions and often push whataboutisms to deflect away from the topic.

OK... You are not every woman. There are mobs of women with pitchforks. There was nothing special about 2016. I seriously don't get what you are talking about some game but am absolutely horrified by what your view on men or relationships must be.

Now I know I really disagree with you. Starting from OK to punch a nazi all the way down to bad intentioned people. Simply due to the fact there will be a moment when you will be called a nazi and it will be you that will be punched by people endorsing this insane idea. Reddit is a colossal example of what happens when someone is allowed to arbitrarily just ban a side. Absolute echo chamber that spirals down as more and more people are recognised as the enemy and have to be banned. Lastly the entitlement to think that you are the righteous one and the others are evil and you get to decide what should be done about them is flat out dictatorial propaganda of a very specific kind. Starts with the letter N. 

I'm going to tread lightly now so that I don't get launched into the stratosphere but I feel like now, at page 137; this thread has turned into a handful of people just chasing each other around in circles. But basically:

Instead of having the reasonable thought of "Hey, we should wait how this plays out", many of you have reached the conclusion that she is a woman and she is a liar. Not all of you of course but it has been a troubling trend. 

I expect a very recycled response to this message. 

1 minute ago, Sasha2D said:

I'm going to tread lightly now so that I don't get launched into the stratosphere but I feel like now, at page 137; this thread has turned into a handful of people just chasing each other around in circles. But basically:

Instead of having the reasonable thought of "Hey, we should wait how this plays out", many of you have reached the conclusion that she is a woman and she is a liar. Not all of you of course but it has been a troubling trend. 

I can find faults and facts on both sides. 

But you’re right, the pitchfork and torch mentality has run rampant. 

15 minutes ago, HesCalledTheStig said:

I can find faults and facts on both sides. 

But you’re right, the pitchfork and torch mentality has run rampant. 

That is inevitable anytime something like this comes up.  You have people in a community that get upset, but then you also get an influx of outsiders into the community who are perpetually online, and perpetually busy finding the next piece of drama to insert themselves into.

Eventually, those people will go away, and the community can deal with its feelings without people here who have nothing better to do but try to stir the pot.

At the end of the day, all I and I think most other people here want is the truth, and for that truth to be acted on.

46 minutes ago, djksm said:

it would be called defamation and could lead to 2 years in prison and a hefty fine

Defamation assumes that she is lying though.  You are allowed naming names, especially if it's true.  (Although a note, just because names aren't mentioned doesn't make it not true)

1 hour ago, 423redws3 said:

Genuine question, as I don't know the answer - in all of these statements, why would anyone not name names? For example: 

• I was called fat/ugly/etc. (by... who?)
  • My work was called dogshit/bad/etc. (by... who?)
  • I was asked to do inappropiate things such as twerk, stuff about my boyfriend, etc. (by... who?)
  • From Colin Worobetz, why would he chime in and say he remembers similiar but not from... who?

I'm not trying to induce skepticism of the claims, just trying to figure out why this might've been done? Some sort of legal liability? Maybe they don't want to be sued for slander or something? Courtsey? 

Enlighten me!

You don't name names for multiple reasons.  Either you don't want the person themselves to get into more trouble, you don't want to name them because you are still afraid of backlash, if it's a generalized problem (like if she was essentially the person who everyone mocked) there might not an individual so naming names would trivialize others.  If you have acquaintances who are still friends or have to interact with those people, you don't necessarily want to make it awkward by publicly naming them.  If you think they would start a lawsuit against you, even if the facts are true.

I think as well, naming names in an area where you have feel there are multiple failures and a general culture issue causes the focus to be placed on the individual as well instead of the overarching LMG; and also allows a way for them to essentially say they disciplined the person without really doing much else.  So there are tons of reasons why really someone might not wish to share.

Also for the Colin thing, he mentioned he didn't witness it personally; but it seems like she was telling that story back then to the point where he vocalized it.  If the victim doesn't want to name names; you do not offer up those names publicly

On another note, the Handbook was terrible in that it doesn't really mention the "3rd party HR".  Instead the meeting after she left that's when it was mentioned...so her review on Glassdoor does make it look bad in the sense that it was clear that the way things were structured complaints, especially complaints against the top people, could never get resolved (as clearly they weren't forwarding it to the HR department)

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef

24 minutes ago, Sasha2D said:

Hey, we need to reduce waste by reusing comments it’s the all part of the 3 R’s (not hard R’s) of recycling!

6 minutes ago, RatKnight said:

That is inevitable anytime something like this comes up.  You have people in a community that get upset, but then you also get an influx of outsiders into the community who are perpetually online, and perpetually busy finding the next piece of drama to insert themselves into.

Eventually, those people will go away, and the community can deal with its feelings without people here who have nothing better to do but try to stir the pot.

At the end of the day, all I and I think most other people here want is the truth, and for that truth to be acted on.

Thankfully it’s not half as bad here as it is on Reddit. Over there, LMG has already been convicted, persecuted and sentenced to death. 

5 minutes ago, RatKnight said:

This is so true. 

Like I would love a basic breakdown of everything simply without bias (no assuming she’s right or wrong, no assuming LTT is right/wrong) but that won’t likely ever happen IMO

reasons: legally, if they settle it many times that comes with a NDA for both sides.  Like both sides lawyers will likely require it kinda thing.

29 minutes ago, Sasha2D said:

I'm going to tread lightly now so that I don't get launched into the stratosphere but I feel like now, at page 138; this thread has turned into a handful of people just chasing each other around in circles. But basically:

Instead of having the reasonable thought of "Hey, we should wait how this plays out", many of you have reached the conclusion that she is a woman and she is beyond any critic and should not be questioned on evidence or motives as it hurts your point of view.  Not all of you of course but it has been a troubling trend. 

2 minutes ago, HesCalledTheStig said:

Thankfully it’s not half as bad here as it is on Reddit. Over there, LMG has already been convicted, persecuted and sentenced to death. 

I mean they did that here also on day one.  Someone actually said they wanted blood lol

55 minutes ago, Swaggless said:

This is true and this is possible.  This is what I mean when I write here of maturity.  All the people  invovled in this are young adults or at best early 30's.   A lot of young people don't get that if they engage in dirty talk, other people will also talk dirty to them.  If you want work to be professional then you have to keep it professional yourself.   Let me put it this way.  You don't act the same in the office as at the office Xmas party. 

55 minutes ago, Swaggless said:

B) If you see a person makes sexual jokes, and you therefore think it's okay to touch them sexually, you're bad at reading boundaries.

No if you touch someones special places because of dirty jokes alone that's creepy.  

A good lesson would be if you haven't held their hand don't touch their backside. 

Just now, Thepyrodex said:

I mean they did that here also on day one.  Someone actually said they wanted blood lol

There are a few here but nowhere as bad as there. That’s just my opinion.  There seems to be more open mindedness here. 

4 minutes ago, HesCalledTheStig said:

Exactly this. The case is already over.

CPU: 7900X

GPU: 7900XTX

RAM: 32 GBs DDR5

5 minutes ago, HesCalledTheStig said:

In the public's eyes too. It's just here that they didn't (what is to be expected).
I, once again, quote Linus words "where there's smoke, there's fire" in the context of Blizzard fiasco.

This font is amazing.

2 minutes ago, Thepyrodex said:

Welcome to the internet.

Just now, HesCalledTheStig said:

There are a few here but nowhere as bad as there. That’s just my opinion.  There seems to be more open mindedness here. 

I stopped using Reddit a few years ago when I was literally told to go chick on a dick and die because I had proof someone had no clue what they were talking about in terms of why their 3D printer kept failing.

reddit is the worst of the internet contained in one toxic doom scrolling website.  Eye bleach is nice though

2 minutes ago, Cosmic Emotion said:

Exactly this. The case is already over.

It’s not though. Far from 

1 minute ago, m9x3mos said:

Welcome to the internet.

Oh I’m not surprised at all, it’s just funny when some said it was better here. 

I guess they are right, if this is raging bonfire of a shitpile on the forum, I expect reddits flinging said flaming poop.

1 minute ago, Thepyrodex said:

I stopped using Reddit a few years ago when I was literally told to go chick on a dick and die because I had proof someone had no clue what they were talking about in terms of why their 3D printer kept failing.

reddit is the worst of the internet contained in one toxic doom scrolling website.  Eye bleach is nice though

Reddit can be really really bad.

Kind of depends on the subreddit you are in.

Now x / twitter. That is the worst of the worst. Even before Musk took it over.