Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

4 hours ago, Reclus said:

You have mentioned earlier a balance of probability. What will happen if those accusations are not proven through the investigation as it has been 2 years since this happend?

That simply mean that her complain might not be valid.

How can we force someone statement is true event without clear evidence?

There are already many case of people that their lives ruined because of false allegations. Famous people tend to suffer more on this. One example is Benjamin Mendhy the footballer. His career is ruined dues to rape allegation from 6 woman's that went to trial and he is proven innocent in all 6 cases.

It does not change the fact that his live is ruined due to this unfounded allegation

3 minutes ago, Cooldoe said:

That simply mean that her complain might not be valid.[...]

Look the Collin tweet, ex LTT employee 

8 minutes ago, Kangar said:

You'd be so surprised that me, working at Walmart, in a union, has gotten to a livable wage and bonuses that were deserved by hard work

Unions work! Greedy corps don't want them because they don't want people to live, but my god, don't say unions are greedy pigs and not a solution, ever. That's hard coming from a Walmart employee where the brand has the worse treat of people, we unionized, and a lot has gotten better the last year.

Imagine if LTT workers were unionized before Madison, this stuff wouldn't have happen, they may have spoken up since they had backup in that fictional scenario. A third power between managers/CEO and employers, is always better than 1 to 1, it leaves the workers protected if there's witness as S_g stated above

The problem is this is a discussion about issue between employees not the between employer and employee based on pay. Your example and the suggestion on union are not related to this issue. Linus already said if the employees want to set up a union he cannot oppose it as it is Canada's Law.

The push for union should come from the staff not Linus.

As I mention also, Union is not good to handle sexual misconduct between employee as the one doing it also the member of the Union and might be have greater say due to their seniority

4 minutes ago, Cooldoe said:

That simply mean that her complain might not be valid.

How can we force someone statement is true event without clear evidence?

There are already many case of people that their lives ruined because of false allegations. Famous people tend to suffer more on this. One example is Benjamin Mendhy the footballer. His career is ruined dues to rape allegation from 6 woman's that went to trial and he is proven innocent in all 6 cases.

It does not change the fact that his live is ruined due to this unfounded allegation

It's useless to try to explain this to the mob. They have a narrative fixed in mind and will turn your words to say that you're claiming she's lying. 

6 minutes ago, Kangar said:

Look the Collin tweet, ex LTT employee 

I am specifically responding to the post about if the investigation turn out to be unvalidated. Then the logical conclusion is that the complaints might not be valid.

I read the post that say he support her and in line with what she told him. He specifically say he did not see any incident but hear from Madison. It does not mean it is valid but it mean that in Madison view that is what happened. She can be right and she can be wrong as well

Edited by Cooldoe

End the discussion about Unions, This is not that thread.

Continue and your comment will be removed, without notice.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 hour ago, Kangar said:

No one has spoken about Collins's last tweet, an ex former LTT worker.

This goes two ways, LTT statement of investigating. They already knew if Collin knew too? 

Edit: also, him saying "It takes balls to post that" makes me think that he knows going against LTT, a corporation, will end up in losing, even if it's about bad stuff or touching someone inappropriately

Screenshot_20230817-223921_Twitter.png

Thing is going downhill, remember Collin helped her as he could

20230817_225535.thumb.jpg.5a3502078294ccd0eed1023ae9f49094.jpg

I loved LTT, I feel uncomfortable now watching the vids with everyone, even the fun vids with Madison... I was hoping things were gonna change and be fixed, now it's worse...

I'm gonna wait for the investigation and look at what was found

I know this is a long thread, but this has been discussed at various points throughout the entire thread.

At this point, I am amazed the moderators haven't locked this thread.  We just keep going in circles, discussing the same things over and over again.  It is groundhog day, but in a 130 page forum thread.

4 minutes ago, RatKnight said:

At this point, I am amazed the moderators haven't locked this thread.

To do so would appear as though we are censoring and silencing. We do not want that.

Civil discussion is never discouraged, but we must allow the community to have the avenue to show their concerns.

Our job is to maintain that civility, in the best way we can, Hence the large orange message at the top.

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

9 minutes ago, RatKnight said:

I know this is a long thread, but this has been discussed at various points throughout the entire thread.

At this point, I am amazed the moderators haven't locked this thread.  We just keep going in circles, discussing the same things over and over again.  It is groundhog day, but in a 130 page forum thread.

They shouldn't lock the thread, it may be seen as silencing, the note up there, it has to be civil, and not go out of the road to other stuff, like, politics I guess, if someone goes personal against other users, they get removed, this is a debate after all, and they get a props up for not removing the thread on this drama, other dramas in YouTuber forums basically just go: delete everything, wipe it under the rug, lock the forum for days, wait.

At least they haven't done that, 10/10

I am not sure what collin thinks there is to gain by posting hearsay

but also sjws gonna sjw so who knows what really happened

I look foward to the investigation: 

my two cents I am sure what happened was likely a off color comment or joke which madison being the crazy sjw she is took way to far. 

remember this is the same person that tried to use LMG as her personal SJW Crusade Platform 

does this excuse any comment that might have occurred?: nope did she have it comming you tell me:

a word on the wind described the situation in the office as follows: 

you walk around a office making jokes about your male coworkers bodies and calling them things like misogynistic

and then turn around and crack jokes about gentaltaila on your personal twitter.

meanwhile you are misusing Your position at the company to Push your world views on twitch? 

then she gets hyper offended when somebody makes a bad joke or half hearted comment at her.

ps:  don't ask where I got the above information from the wind has blown. 

So we’re down to calling a victim of sexual assault a ‘Crazy SJW’ now are we? Got it.

If there are any more victims at LMG, they’ll be looking at these responses to what Madison has said, and quite frankly if it was me, I’d be completely discouraged from speaking out.

Well done. Pat yourself on the back. Your behaviour is quite possibly forcing actual victims of sexual assault/harassment to stay silent. Think about that, long and hard.

3 minutes ago, Legitsu said:

my two cents I am sure what happened was likely a off color comment or joke which madison being the crazy sjw she is took way to far. 

It is extremely sad when a viewers' ego is so tied up in an online organization that they feel the need to victim shame after the organization is accused of something. 

What exactly did Madison do that makes you so hurt?

3 hours ago, JoshuaScholar said:

Could you summarize xQc so that I don't have to watch his damn stream?

https://www.twitch.tv/xqc/clip/AmericanSmallDunlinPhilosoraptor-O8WtBoPvpmohgVPN

That's him talking about Linus

And of course, someone put it on youtube.

xQc basically just steals content and was called out on it as recently as ... oh two weeks ago.

https://arazu.io/t3_15fsur4/?timeframe=all&category=new

https://twitter.com/neoexplains/status/1686395695182331904?s=46&t=usQxywlrh30ZFK-VYfx_2A

Like don't get me wrong, stealing content to launder it has just been the new meta since at least 2019. Tiktok users steal from youtube, youtuber's steal from tiktok, and then steal it again as a compilation video like sssniperwolf. Many twitch and youtuber's do this, and eventually they stop because they get slapped for it by DMCA.

So I don't know what Linus was expecting from xQc. He's not exactly known for anything good.

1 hour ago, SansVarnic said:

End the discussion about Unions, This is not that thread.

Continue and your comment will be removed, without notice.

Typical.  Unions can  not be allowed to be the solution to employees' problems.  It would be bad for the people with power if that discussion was allowed to happen, so it will be tamped down whenever possible!

2 minutes ago, JoshuaScholar said:

Typical.  Unions can  not be allowed to be the solution to employees' problems.  It would be bad for the people with power if that discussion was allowed to happen, so it will be tamped down whenever possible!

Has nothing to do with it, it is derailing the thread. Please move on and stay to the focus of the topic. 

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I would just like to add one thing.

I'm not a fan of SJWs.  I'm not one of these believe all women people.

If a manager told Madison, who believed she was being harassed by someone, to go have coffee with them.  They should be fired.

1 minute ago, kn1ghtnsh1narmr said:

If a manager told Madison, who believed she was being harassed by someone, to go have coffee with them.  They should be fired.

I don’t believe that this was alleged at any point. The instance of it in the meeting was a rundown of the entire list of options for dealing with workplace issues at LMG, from minor to major.

11 minutes ago, kn1ghtnsh1narmr said:

No kidding.   I also find it amazing that the official HR policy Linux presented immediately after Madison left the company was something like:

If you receive feedback about someone at this company, your first response is "Have you spoken with this person?" followed immediately by "You need to speak with this person.".    The next option was Linux/Yvonne, then finally an external HR company.  

It is things like this that remind me that Linus has basically zero experience outside his own company.  

5 minutes ago, McGherkin said:

I don’t believe that this was alleged at any point. The instance of it in the meeting was a rundown of the entire list of options for dealing with workplace issues at LMG, from minor to major.

On 8/15/2023 at 11:52 PM, DarkSwordsman said:

Like holy fucking shit. What the fuck?

image.png.1df2d55d31dd124abd82fbe7ceafc6ed.png

I was told that certain issues were "sexual tensions" and I should just "take the co-worker out on a coffee date to ease it out".

Edit: Nevermind...was posting what kn1ghtnsh1narmr posted above.

Ex-employee Colin Worobetz said he "brought it up verbally" when he heard about it (with reference to Madison's experiences).

I imagine this means that management not knowing and being 'shocked' by her allegations is total bullshit, in that case? Because that seems pretty bloody damning to me.

I saw the bashing Madison and defending Madison.

If the leaked audio is true about the HR meeting, Linus did say to first to to solve it with the person.

It didn't sound like that was a new policy.

In one of Madison's tweets she did say they were lying in meeting, so they wouldn't look bad in front of the higher ups.

Solving a personal conflict with that person without intervention can be ok, depending on what it is.

The moment Madison brought up the sexual nature to a higher up and the response is go have coffee with them, that means their judgment is compromised.   I don't care who it was.  If that was said even by Linus or Yvonne they should be removed from the company.

5 minutes ago, GoblinMode said:

Ex-employee Colin Worobetz said he "brought it up verbally" when he heard about it (with reference to Madison's experiences).

I imagine this means that management not knowing and being 'shocked' by her allegations is total bullshit, in that case? Because that seems pretty bloody damning to me.

We know already that isn’t true because they had a whole ass meeting about them when she left.