Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

33 minutes ago, Sasha2D said:

I'm going to tread lightly now so that I don't get launched into the stratosphere but I feel like now, at page 137; this thread has turned into a handful of people just chasing each other around in circles. But basically:

Instead of having the reasonable thought of "Hey, we should wait how this plays out", many of you have reached the conclusion that she is a woman and she is a liar. Not all of you of course but it has been a troubling trend. 

I expect a very recycled response to this message. 

Honest question here. Did you expect any different from a)the internet b)a subset of the internet that is known for acting this way(tech enthusiasts) and c)people who often don’t interact with females that aren’t mom?

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

1 minute ago, IkeaGnome said:

Honest question here. Did you expect any different from a)the internet b)a subset of the internet that is known for acting this way(tech enthusiasts) and c)people who often don’t interact with females that aren’t mom?

Honest answer. I expected better from the women here. I already know that men have their own problems when dealing with women.

Just now, m9x3mos said:

Reddit can be really really bad.

Kind of depends on the subreddit you are in.

Now x / twitter. That is the worst of the worst. Even before Musk took it over.

X/twitter is just concentrated worst of humanity so no argument here, I’ve never used it as I don’t care what most people are thinking at any given time.  I got my own fun projects to work on, I don’t need to read mean things for no reason IMO.

Just now, IkeaGnome said:

Unconditional love and understanding?  Oh wait….

2 minutes ago, Reclus said:

Think about what you would want if Madison was your sister.  Think about the fact that every female is someone's daughter, most are someone's sister, and many will be someone's mother. 

What would you want if someone close to you felt they had been treated like Madison.  Wouldn't you want to be sure the bottom of it  was gotten to as soon as possible?  

Sorry if that is recycled, but thats were most people are coming from. 

7 minutes ago, Cosmic Emotion said:

Exactly this. The case is already over.

As in your experienced judgment as a person who has lived and breathed ... what Madison says sounds about right. 

Shock of shocks a group of young men behaves like animals. 

Just something from facebook

In that recording you are given options: tell the person directly, tell the manager, tell the higher ups, tell HR or submit a form anonymously. You are not given just the option of talking to the offender. The joke at the end would have been inappropriate if the person it was directed at felt offended. The "victim" of the joke had no issues with it. A joke may be inappropriate directed towards you, but a form of funny banter between two old friends. And if you say that the idea of Linus dancing on the table is demeaning, that means that all people that dance on tables for money demean themselves. HR is not an active owner of the company, is a 3rd party company all together. You may have not known about the form, but did you go to the 3rd party HR company employed by LMG for exactly these kind of issues? It seems to me that you were asked to do more than you can carry, this created tension and maybe even aggression between you and others at LMG, and now you want to profit off a bad situation. Are Linus and Ivonne careless company leaders that lose their temper easily? Maybe. Is it their fault you didn't just quit and instead stew in your anger at LMG?

8 minutes ago, Uttamattamakin said:

Think about what you would want if Madison was your sister.  Think about the fact that every female is someone's daughter, most are someone's sister, and many will be someone's mother. 

I would be pushing her to go to the police and ASAP, as it should make it much easier to have proof when it is fresh in their mind and things like security cameras havent auto writen over the previous files, that other employees will have a fresher memory of the intereaction, etc.  

I'm not saying shes wrong for not having done that but that's what I would try to get her to do if she was family/friend.  largely because having police reports, even with no "major findings" or charges against anyone helps massively in civil court for things like damages and the like as the bar of evidence is lower in civil court (a preponderance of the evidence vs beyond a reasonable doubt).

8 hours ago, Vexenar said:

That is a terrible way to manage your company, what are you going to do when conflicting parties can't come to agreement and it starts dividing your entire workforce? Step in after the fact and waste even more time and resources?

A healthy workforce means a healthy company, this is exactly why HR should be doing it's job rather than just covering the company's ass. 

If both parties can not professionally manage themselves then I will have to step in and make whatever corrections i deem most beneficial for the company.

It's a work place, not a socializing playground. 

Rig 1                                                              Rig 2

DeepCool Macube 550                                  ThermalTake View 31 TG RGB

DeepCool Castle 360mm AIO RGB               FractalDesign Celsius S36 360mm AIO

R9-3900x oc'ed to 4.3ghz all core                  i7-970 oc'ed to 4.4ghz

ASUS X570 TUF                                            ASUS Sabertooth TUF X58

32GB G.Skill Tridentz RGB                            12gb Corsair

Gigabyte 5700 XT Gaming OC                      ASUS ROG STRIX RX480

Corsair RM850X                                            Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 750W RGB

Corsair MP600 NVME                                    Samsung 850 EVO

Adata SX8200 PRO NVME                            Intel 320

Seagate Barracuda                                        Seagate Barracuda x 3

Corsair K70 LUX w/MX Blue                          Western Digital Black x 1
Logitech G903 Lightspeed                             Corsair K70 LUX w/MX Blue 

MSI Optix 34" Ultrawide oc'ed to 120hz         Razer Mamba

Benq 28" oc'ed to 85hz

41 minutes ago, Reclus said:

I'm going to tread lightly now so that I don't get launched into the stratosphere but I feel like now, at page 138; this thread has turned into a handful of people just chasing each other around in circles. But basically:

Instead of having the reasonable thought of "Hey, we should wait how this plays out", many of you have reached the conclusion that she is a woman and she is beyond any critic and should not be questioned on evidence or motives as it hurts your point of view.  Not all of you of course but it has been a troubling trend. 

Yes, a very adult response.

What do I even say to this??

42 minutes ago, Uttamattamakin said:

No if you touch someones special places because of dirty jokes alone that's creepy.  

A good lesson would be if you haven't held their hand don't touch their backside. 

Of-course that behavior is unacceptable, ESPECIALLY in the workplace... but it being unacceptable doesn't mean it's not caused by poor understanding of boundaries. I'd say most people who are described as "creepy" are described as such because they don't understand boundaries... but that doesn't mean them or their actions are innocent. Spying on or robbing someone are also transgressions of boundaries.

I used that example because some people (especially in the tech space) do grossly misunderstand what IS flirting and what ISN'T flirting. And even if it is flirting, how fast romantic relationships can healthily develop.

"Don't touch someone's private areas of you haven't held their hand" is a great example of a rule-of-thumb regarding boundaries.

5 minutes ago, Thepyrodex said:

I would be pushing her to go to the police and ASAP, as it should make it much easier to have proof when it is fresh in their mind and things like security cameras havent auto writen over the previous files, that other employees will have a fresher memory of the intereaction, etc.  

I'm not saying shes wrong for not having done that but that's what I would try to get her to do if she was family/friend.  largely because having police reports, even with no "major findings" or charges against anyone helps massively in civil court for things like damages and the like as the bar of evidence is lower in civil court (a preponderance of the evidence vs beyond a reasonable doubt).

In most US states the time limit for going to state authorities is 300 business days.  In California it's 3 years.  According to the litureatire I've read about BC it's six months.   For what she alleges it's sexual harassment so it's not the police she'd go to.  Canada has different nomenclature for everything, different names for everything, in the US it would be a states "Department of Human rights".  

That said, once that Department of Human Rights phase of such a case is passed then it goes to court.  IF this was the USA then at this point the only recourse would be civil court.  All the matters of controversy appear to be those for civil court. 

13 minutes ago, Uttamattamakin said:

What would you want if someone close to you felt they had been treated like Madison.  Wouldn't you want to be sure the bottom of it  was gotten to as soon as possible?  

Sorry if that is recycled, but thats were most people are coming from. 

I have a daughter. And a son. If this was my daughter it would not be a Twitter rant 2 years after the event. That is exactly what I am thinking as a father. My daughter knows her value and can stand up for herself regardless of circumstance. She would not either allow or tolerate something like this to be hidden for 2 years. No amount of explanations are sufficient here. That is 2 years when the potential abuser just roamed free because she didn't have a spine to do what is right. 

And the fact that you can just blatantly accuse any man on Twitter and immediately be told "you go girl!" makes me really worried for the future of my son.

Think of your brother. Or think of your Father, what if they just one day got accused of sexual misconduct on Twitter? Without any evidence, with an angry mob screaming that they just should be dealt with?

0 endorsement to either side until the investigations are over and we have clear answers.

ZERO.

There is no believe all women. There is no she is a liar.

ZERO endorsement. 

5 minutes ago, Sasha2D said:

Yes, a very adult response.

What do I even say to this??

It's a joke...

Made up because:

1. you only took one side of conversation into it.

2. recycling jokes are really the best.

Didn't mean anything wrong by it.

2 minutes ago, Reclus said:

I have a daughter. And a son. If this was my daughter it would not be a Twitter rant 2 years after the event. That is exactly what I am thinking as a father. My daughter knows her value and can stand up for herself regardless of circumstance. She would not either allow or tolerate something like this to be hidden for 2 years. No amount of explanations are sufficient here. That is 2 years when the potential abuser just roamed free because she didn't have a spine to do what is right. 

And the fact that you can just blatantly accuse any man on Twitter and immediately be told "you go girl!" makes me really worried for the future of my son.

Think of your brother. Or think of your Father, what if they just one day got accused of sexual misconduct on Twitter? Without any evidence, with an angry mob screaming that they just should be dealt with?

0 endorsement to either side until the investigations are over and we have clear answers.

ZERO.

ZERO endorsement. 

Johnny Depp is a good example of this and why MeToo is broken.

Rig 1                                                              Rig 2

DeepCool Macube 550                                  ThermalTake View 31 TG RGB

DeepCool Castle 360mm AIO RGB               FractalDesign Celsius S36 360mm AIO

R9-3900x oc'ed to 4.3ghz all core                  i7-970 oc'ed to 4.4ghz

ASUS X570 TUF                                            ASUS Sabertooth TUF X58

32GB G.Skill Tridentz RGB                            12gb Corsair

Gigabyte 5700 XT Gaming OC                      ASUS ROG STRIX RX480

Corsair RM850X                                            Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 750W RGB

Corsair MP600 NVME                                    Samsung 850 EVO

Adata SX8200 PRO NVME                            Intel 320

Seagate Barracuda                                        Seagate Barracuda x 3

Corsair K70 LUX w/MX Blue                          Western Digital Black x 1
Logitech G903 Lightspeed                             Corsair K70 LUX w/MX Blue 

MSI Optix 34" Ultrawide oc'ed to 120hz         Razer Mamba

Benq 28" oc'ed to 85hz

13 minutes ago, Uttamattamakin said:

In most US states the time limit for going to state authorities is 300 business days.  In California it's 3 years.  According to the litureatire I've read about BC it's six months.   For what she alleges it's sexual harassment so it's not the police she'd go to.  Canada has different nomenclature for everything, different names for everything, in the US it would be a states "Department of Human rights".  

That said, once that Department of Human Rights phase of such a case is passed then it goes to court.  IF this was the USA then at this point the only recourse would be civil court.  All the matters of controversy appear to be those for civil court. 

They are in Canada what are THOSE laws?

8 minutes ago, NubCak said:

Johnny Depp is a good example of this and why MeToo is broken.

Both Johnny and Amber are horrible human beings.  Neither one of them was "the good guy".

1 minute ago, Erioch said:

Both Johnny and Amber are horrible human beings.  Neither one of them was "the good guy".

This is the level of discourse here.

Johnny Depp and Amber are the same...

No wonder you can't tell right from wrong.

18 minutes ago, Uttamattamakin said:

Excuses. Every time excuses. Free pass for the woman due to reasons... Won't give the benefit of the doubt to the men, but for women any kind of excuse to release them of any responsibility...

You are unfair. Unable to see reason. Unable to see that you have no grounds to take a side until the process is over. But really worst of all you completely don't see that you are the very same as those bros that hate women...

Simply terrible.

22 minutes ago, Reclus said:

ZERO.

ZERO endorsement. 

Had you read the entire thread written by her, you'd know why she's only 'now speaking up' (She didn't, for the record).

10 hours ago, saintlouisbagels said:

I wonder if HR was proper enough to give Madison an exit interview when she quit. That would seem like the easiest paper trail evidence for the external investigation.

But that would be too easy - it probably doesn't exist.

If:

What Madison said was exaggerated, they would have that

If not, they wouldn't, but at the same time, that HR meeting after Madison left, maybe Madison spoke with HR and probably there is no evidence? Maybe everything was harsh

8 minutes ago, Thepyrodex said:

They are in Canada what are THOSE laws?

If you search up thread I did post about those laws... more than once.  

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/law-crime-and-justice/human-rights/human-rights-protection/sex-discrimination-harassment.pdf

Their department of human rights has a six month time limit for reporting, but with exceptions .... that it helpfully does not detail in the above PDF.    I think after six months the accused male is shipped to Baffin Island and they let the polar bears decide. 

1 minute ago, Reclus said:

You are unfair. Unable to see reason. Unable to see that you have no grounds to take a side until the process is over. But really worst of all you completely don't see that you are the very same as those bros that hate women...

Simply terrible.

Yes I wrote the laws in Canada an the United states.  

I am currently positioning my space laser to take care of you from orbit.  

Daniel Jackson is a prime example that a geek can get all the crazy space ladies to want to bang/kill him if he's a good listener and weight trains on a regular basis.  Maybe try that instead. 

12 minutes ago, Reclus said:

Won't give the benefit of the doubt to the men, but for women any kind of excuse to release them of any responsibility...

What is your position even. Please state it clearly, do you think there is a high chance (Over 80%) that she is a liar or are you netural and just repping hard for the men because "gamer gate" or "metoo" or whatever.  

1 minute ago, HenrySalayne said:

This is absolutely not the point. I don't know why people ride the "she should have gone to the police" wave so hard.

If this is your take from Madison's experiences, you couldn't be more wrong.

Her entire story is about toxic corporate culture and a lack of accountability, preventing problems from being solved and brushing them under the carpet. And this is completely in line with GN's findings.

Madison did not post a long list of individual accusations but a long list of examples, why her mental health was degraded by this job.

Her entire story is just that for now. A story. I explained why time of reporting matters. I hope there are no young women in your family as you are apparently fine with the sexual harasser just walking free for 2 years. 

2 minutes ago, Sasha2D said:

What is your position even. Please state it clearly, do you think there is a high chance (Over 80%) that she is a liar or are you netural and just repping hard for the men because "gamer gate" or "metoo" or whatever.  

How did you came to that conclusion from a non native English speaker, it can be seen in the way I write and my poor grammar...

Now thinking about it, Madison said she had to manage the only fans when she didn't wanted to, "only a little bit more", there is definitely proof of that if that's the case, and if it is, things can go downhill fast, I hope the investigation goes well and it's professional 

(Edit: I fucked up, the forum said it was a response for me? Nevermind)

2 minutes ago, Kangar said:

How did you came to that conclusion from a non native English speaker, it can be seen in the way I write and my poor grammar...

Now thinking about it, Madison said she had to manage the only fans when she didn't wanted to, "only a little bit more", there is definitely proof of that if that's the case, and if it is, things can go downhill fast, I hope the investigation goes well and it's professional 

Did you log onto the wrong account?