Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

1 minute ago, William Isted said:

"She has been dragging LMG through the mud for over 1,5 years"

She has not talked about LMG for a long time. When people ask on her streams she doesn't answer them other than to say she doesn't work there anymore.

And yet she has been flinging shit at LMG multiple times AFTER the initial message after they parted. So really she has been having a tough time letting go.

16 hours ago, Danman2026 said:

https://twitter.com/suuuoppp/status/1691693740254228741

I think this is my last straw. Unsubbed from everywhere. to have a place of employment where employee has to injure themselves to take sick days. Awfull deplorible

Linus and ltt should be ashamed. We need more employees to come forward and expose this shit show and unionize.

So, she admits to being a liar? Maybe she is telling the truth about the rest, but openly admitting to scamming the sick day system is not giving an impression of credibility.

Just now, Master Link said:

I will await the results

Not enough evidence, so they'll probably still come back clear

Please tag me @RTX 3090 so I can see your reply

1 minute ago, Neroon said:

So really she has been having a tough time letting go.

Given what she says she’s been through, I am not surprised. She needs closure and real actions to be taken against the people that wronged her. That’s for sure.

2 hours ago, Agall said:

I'm a military veteran, I'm well aware of how broad "mental health" is, I've seen plenty variety of such in various extremely stressful environments. It could be as trivial as just being stressed out to as severe as paranoid schizophrenia. The field I worked in, a simple suggestion of an issue could have your clearance revoked and be unable to perform your duties in a field already extremely undermanned. 

I don't speculate anything; I merely suggest how broad such a term can be used by using an extreme example. If you're interpreting my statement as "she might have schizophrenia" then you're providing the exact reason of why I suggest that politics are involved. If you hadn't considered that "given the statements" includes LMG/LTT's responses, then I would recommend adjusting the lense at which you use to view other perspectives.

This is not the military, nor she was working with confidential national security material, judging people by that standard in our daily life is ridiculous. 

You suggested schizophrenia as an example to doubt her since people with mental health cannot be “trusted”(grain of salt if I remember correctly). Not me. You seem to be aware of mental health problems but have a highly distorted view of the capacity of people with it. 

And what ulterior political motives does she have that would make you only consider her if she pursues legal action? 

17 minutes ago, Master Link said:

Yep.  Can't wiretap.

Just like you can't "just record" a phone call either, you really need to know if it's a 1-party state, 2-party state, etc.  All of these things do fly over people's heads sometimes.

Yes, but I love how some people in the thread expect an 18 year old at their first job is expected to know this.   And also to be familiar with the fact that there is discreet recording equipment that can be cheaply purchased, and to be self-aware enough to realize that purchasing it and using it would be a good protection if the work conditions are as described.

Nevertheless, IIRC Canada allows 1-party notification in all circumstances.   

i.e. you can record any phone call you are part of.

10 minutes ago, McGherkin said:

I think everyone needs to stop banging on about the Luke 69 joke. That was filmed before the Madison twitter thread began and posted slightly after, there was no reason at time of filming to need to be sensitive around innuendos, and frankly it was hardly the most offensive thing around.

Focus instead on the fact that Linus told The Verge he knew nothing about this, when there is now literal evidence of him knowing something about this from the time Madison left.

Linus was in the subreddit 3 hours after Madison's thread was posted and shared in the subreddit, when it was getting huge traction in the subreddit, and just posting a joke in reply to a separate thread.

And then an hour later that video went up. He had every chance to be aware and to account for it, and he didn't. He was in the right place, at the right time, and he dropped the ball like it was expensive hardware.

5 minutes ago, anonusername said:

So, she admits to being a liar? Maybe she is telling the truth about the rest, but openly admitting to scamming the sick day system is not giving an impression of credibility.

What a braindead spin on someone doing something wrong out of utter desperation and hurting literally nobody except themselves in the process. Does your therapist know you are like this? 

2 minutes ago, Neroon said:

And yet she has been flinging shit at LMG multiple times AFTER the initial message after they parted. So really she has been having a tough time letting go.

FIRST let me say this.  The issue here isn't just a one off situation of this one person getting entangled in a confused and complex situation with one other person.  That happens.  As soon as there is a clear final answer.  Clearly said, and acted upon decision to get involved or keep a very professional distance it is over.  That happens.  

Having worked in my current position for 10 years and being a full time academic since 2009, first as a grad student then as a professor .... 

People in the age 16-26 are all a bit crazy.   They are adult size.  They may be legally adults.  They lack the final development of the brain ALL OF THEM to have full executive control.  They lack that part that makes them consider the consequences of what they do more than 2 weeks down the line. 

At the same time they are mature enough to know better than to lay hands on someone who has made it clear, really clear they are not into it.   No teasing, no giggling, they've complained to the boss about it and are mature enough to know once they cross that threshold the only response is to keep 2x arms length distance. 

This sounds like she was treated like raw F able meat thrown to a bunch of guys who act like they'll never get to be intimately close to any woman ever.  Which is strange since many of the people we know by name are married.   She may have not been mature and empowered enough to enforce all of her legal rights.  She should've done so.  It would actually have been better for LMG if she had.  IT would be over, done with by now. 

26 minutes ago, BigFatTeddy said:

The saddest part about this, regardless if she's in the wrong or the right, nothing good for her will come out of this. You can turn this any way you want; she will lose. If she got advice from anybody to post this (which I doubt, just reading through it and by the nature of her wording), she really got some ill advice there. If it was a spur-of-the-moment, it will get her some sympathy, maybe some nice and comforting comments, but in the long run, it will just reduce herself and her public persona to this entire affair. The girl that accused Linus. And since there will probably never be a definitive wrong or right with the entire affair, she has connected herself to LTT with this for the lifetime of her posts.

I don't think there is a good way for her to handle this, but in the long run there might have been better options for her to consider. Maybe that was just the thing she had to do.

I doubt that we will see a lot from Linus on this, simply because there is no reason for LMG or Linus personally to jump in front of this bus. Give it a couple of weeks, and the internet has moved on.

If any malfeasance turns up, the best I can hope for, what I want, is for LMG to find some way to make it as right as possible for Madison. Doesn’t have to be publicized, should be up to her. 

Not quite sure what “making it right” would look like, besides some dollar amount, and crackdown at work. And while a dollar amount is certainly a part of it, that alone seems all too common a gesture, especially for the immense risk she faces from putting forward her statements. 

I’m not upset, but rather saddened at the bitterness all around, and the conflict on display. 

There isn’t much left to do but to allow the audit to unfold. Asking of anything else from either party, besides to uncover the truth as best as possible, is not currently reasonable. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

2 hours ago, Agall said:

I'm a military veteran

Invader, my friend. The word you are looking for is invader. 

6 minutes ago, Alex T88 said:

Given what she says she’s been through, I am not surprised. She needs closure and real actions to be taken against the people that wronged her. That’s for sure.

I guess they accused are guilty already of whatever they did. Of course we don't know who the accused are, nor what they actually did, because there are no names or context. Just a lot of accusations.

14 minutes ago, Orthusaku said:

LMG post madison quiting meeting audio recording:

@LinusTech and/or team;
is this recording authentic? I mean, i heard "you" recently sing "Fly me to the moon", after all...

8 minutes ago, Real_Smoky said:

What a braindead spin on someone doing something wrong out of utter desperation and hurting literally nobody except themselves in the process. Does your therapist know you are like this? 

🙂

If you are desperate for a free day, you get all the free days you want by quiting, not hurting yourself.

The conservation instinct should tell you that way before doing something stupid.

A job is just that, a job. In our day and age you cannot expect to retire being still with the same company with wich you started, especially in the tech/media sector.

Being mentally in a bad state and doing stupid self-induced harm to oneself for a free day it's not a common way of action.

Read into it what you may.

3 minutes ago, Lupino said:

@LinusTech and/or team;
is this recording authentic? I mean, i heard "you" recently sing "Fly me to the moon", after all...

Not to speak to the veracity of it, but it's certainly been around for five months, when it was originally posted on Reddit, https://www.reddit.com/r/LinusTechTips/comments/11dltrr/unreleased_meeting_december_9_2021/

I think the tweet from LTT was very needed. I was afraid they were going to repost this.

Screenshot2023-08-16165516.png.8d402ad1cbf2a83c6c8c637cfd6e1306.png

again same few bandwagon on something we have no clue to and only one side story.  Nothing on the recording tells us anything...  this has nothing to do with us and should not be in the public domain... I mean god, I have been through 3 jobs in which my employer used tactics to get me released; did i go on social media to complain about it, no, did the right thing and learned and moved on

2 minutes ago, Sartre said:

Not to speak to the veracity of it, but it's certainly been around for five months, when it was originally posted on Reddit, https://www.reddit.com/r/LinusTechTips/comments/11dltrr/unreleased_meeting_december_9_2021/

It also sounds like every HR meeting after an exit interview that brought up issues I have ever heard.

The 3rd party HR company did an exit interview, heard about these issues (probably for the first time), and mandated training.

7 minutes ago, Uttamattamakin said:

FIRST let me say this.  The issue here isn't just a one off situation of this one person getting entangled in a confused and complex situation with one other person.  That happens.  As soon as there is a clear final answer.  Clearly said, and acted upon decision to get involved or keep a very professional distance it is over.  That happens.  

Having worked in my current position for 10 years and being a full time academic since 2009, first as a grad student then as a professor .... 

People in the age 16-26 are all a bit crazy.   They are adult size.  They may be legally adults.  They lack the final development of the brain ALL OF THEM to have full executive control.  They lack that part that makes them consider the consequences of what they do more than 2 weeks down the line. 

At the same time they are mature enough to know better than to lay hands on someone who has made it clear, really clear they are not into it.   No teasing, no giggling, they've complained to the boss about it and are mature enough to know once they cross that threshold the only response is to keep 2x arms length distance. 

This sounds like she was treated like raw F able meat thrown to a bunch of guys who act like they'll never get to be intimately close to any woman ever.  Which is strange since many of the people we know by name are married.   She may have not been mature and empowered enough to enforce all of her legal rights.  She should've done so.  It would actually have been better for LMG if she had.  IT would be over, done with by now. 

She had a ton of options here, she had over 1,5 year to think about this. Her choice here was to go on twitter, make a ton of accusations, name no one, offer no context, and we are to take this as proof that it all really happened. But even if we were to assume it really happened, we have no context and we have no clue what intent there was. 

And while her being the only one to come forward is not proof that it never happened, it also doesn't help when the only standing up, is someone who addresses the situation like this.

5 minutes ago, I Just Want Ram Drives said:

Linus was in the subreddit 3 hours after Madison's thread was posted and shared in the subreddit, when it was getting huge traction in the subreddit, and just posting a joke in reply to a separate thread.

And then an hour later that video went up. He had every chance to be aware and to account for it, and he didn't. He was in the right place, at the right time, and he dropped the ball like it was expensive hardware.

I can’t comment for the decision to go ahead and publish the video. I think it’s quite possible that the significance of the jokes wasn’t quite realised at the time, and likely there was probably a desire amongst the team to get *something* out, and hold off on addressing the Madison claims until they’d taken legal advice and assessed their options. I’ve already said that there was likely a tonne of pressure on the whole team at the time so the 69 joke being left in is a mistake, like the lttstore and dbrand references etc.

I’m sure that given the time it takes to edit everything, the clip where Luke makes the joke was likely shot before the claims were made, which was my point in so much as Luke couldn’t have known how it would look when it was posted because the situation was different when it was filmed, and escalated when the video was being edited.

2 minutes ago, dragonuck76 said:

again same few bandwagon on something we have no clue to and only one side story.  Nothing on the recording tells us anything...  this has nothing to do with us and should not be in the public domain... I mean god, I have been through 3 jobs in which my employer used tactics to get me released; did i go on social media to complain about it, no, did the right thing and learned and moved on

This but also if they were trying to get rid of you in any way possible which includes framing you for something, and you live in a one party consent state you were well within your right to record that privately and use it against them on your way out.

6 minutes ago, Neroon said:

She had a ton of options here, she had over 1,5 year to think about this. Her choice here was to go on twitter, make a ton of accusations, name no one, offer no context, and we are to take this as proof that it all really happened. But even if we were to assume it really happened, we have no context and we have no clue what intent there was. 

And while her being the only one to come forward is not proof that it never happened, it also doesn't help when the only standing up, is someone who addresses the situation like this.

I always love these posts because they self report so hard

She had 1.5 years to think about this? why now?
well if she waited another year the response would be

She had 2.5 years to think about this? why now?
well if she waited another 2.5 years the response would be

She had 5 years to think about this? why now?
well if she waited another 5 years the response would be

She had 10 years to think about this? why now?

Talk to victims, they do not generally want to drag people. 
Names are dangerous, it is NOT positive to anyone in many cases and can NOT be taken back. It does not help the accused become a better person, it does not help her move on from the trauma. They do not want to make people who are friends with the accused have non-productive responses, to her or to the accused.
The goal isnt to ruin the accussed life. 

1 minute ago, Neroon said:

Nitazene-King-002 on reddit reports that other LMG employees have given statements that match madison's.

4 minutes ago, castlev said:

Do you truly believe that she tried to call out sick, was told no, hung up the phone, cut herself, called back and said she cut herself and is going to the ER, then hung up and went to the ER, wasted her day sitting there getting stitched up, only to go home with an injured leg and at best half a day to spend outside of work, only to go into work the next day? It's far more believable that yes she actually did purposely cut herself for some unrelated reason, then after realizing how bad it was, called out of work with ONE phone call and then went to the ER.

Madison never presented the narrative as you have put it in this post. To quote her posts:

I remember getting told off for taking my sick days, as in the days you're entitled to.

This no days off, "grindset" culminated in the real moment I realized I had to leave.

I purposefully cut my leg open so badly I would have to go to the ER to get it stapled back together. 
It was genuinely the only way in my mind to take a day off without being harassed for a reason why.

Now I can't vouch for whether or not it's true for Madison/LMG, but whether or not a workplace is so hostile that they browbeat you over taking sick leave (or vacation) that you are entitled to - I can say that people I know closely have had that happen at other (non-LMG) employers. In the context of the other allegations she posts about workload (and other employees talking about a heavy workload in the "what it's like to work for Linus" video) - I would find that potentially credible.

I think it's pretty disgusting that people are continuing to try to pick Madison apart when her allegations were serious enough for the new CEO of LMG to agree to hire an independent third party investigator to investigate her claims and what claims can be verified as true/false/not verifiable, and which can be verified as a current problem for LMG and its employees.