Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

Her situation is a tough one... 

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Motherboard: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Edge WIFI | RAM: G.SKILL RIPJAWS 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4-3200MHz CL16 | GPU: XFX 6700XT 12GB | Case: Deepcool Matrexx 70 | Storage: XPG Gammix Gen3x4 M.2 (NVMe) 256GB - ADATA SU 740 SSD 500GB - T-FORCE Vulcan 2.5" SSD 500GB - Mushkin Enhanced Source 2.5" 500GB SSD - Gigabyte Aorus 2TB NVMe Gen 4  | PSU: Enermax Triathlor Semi-Modular ECO 800w 80 PLUS Bronze | Display: MSI Optix MAG27OVC 144Hz | Cooling: Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.B | OS: Windows 11 Home | Steam Deck 

PC Peripherals: 

Mouse: G502 Hero & Razer Basilisk HyperSpeed Wireless | Keyboard: Ducky One Mini 65% | Mousepad: Techsource Topo Black | DAC: Schitt Fulla 2 & SYBA USB DAC | Headset: Alienware AW510H & Astro A40 TR | Speakers: Logitech Z323 

7 minutes ago, FarvM said:

I just made an account to just to reply to this. Even though LMG messed up, I don't think that this could be a real thing. If the following allegations are actually true, why would you go on a stupid media app to "let out your frustrations" on a company, when you could sue them and put them in a grave? There are tons of resources and services that help you with the workspace problems, and you decide to air it out on "X"? (What would that even achieve???) I believe, this is most likely just to "go out with a bang." If you're in a following situation as Madison claims, please reach out to a helpline and sue the company. By just a simple Google search, I found a great resource on how to take action in these types of situations: https://www.aftermetoo.com/act/

Even if it’s not real it isn’t for us to decide. A proper investigation needs to take place. 

Given the Billet Labs situation where they somehow lost the GPU that was sent with the cooler, didn’t return it when asked for it back, and then auctioned it off, and then didn’t censor the price billet asked for in the apology video, I can totally believe that LMG is mismanaged enough for this to happen and Linus probably wasn’t even aware of it. There were multiple things that had to fail for the initial GN portion of recent controversy to happen and ALL OF THEM failed. 

There needs to be an investigation and we need evidence. I am not going to believe Madison at face value, but I refuse to dismiss her given how poorly everything else at LMG is managed. 

5 minutes ago, jitteryzeitgeist said:

29 seconds in

The finger snaps.  Just ffs.

I have to say I laughed my a** off...

Brilliant! 

12 minutes ago, tkitch said:

even if that is the case, wtf would ever actually justify harassing her?

Who cares if she was on a video.  Newbie or not, you don't harass people.  

it wouldnt, its just an incorrect behavior, that nobody is really saying outloud.

16 minutes ago, Vilacom said:

What uh, what do you feel about this particular meeting is so damning that LTT would need additional legal representation?  Like its a completely standard HR meeting that would probably happen at any company in the wake of any kind of accusations or media attention, also literally any new employee onboarding procedure.  Not a particular fan of James' comment at the end but this is actually nothing 

Yeah - I do kinda agree with the person on Reddit about not loving the whole "always wait to hear both sides of a story, be cautious when you know that one side isn't able to disclose their side, consider what it says about the character of someone who would engage in that type of gossip" bit. But, to be fair, those kinds of weasely HR words are hardly unique to LMG. I'm sure companies all around the world have said very similar things.

All the video really shows is they had a generic, corporate meeting about HR stuff.

1 minute ago, itsdeonLOL said:

Her situation is a tough one... 

It's not. She tried to raise a stink after the she left, she tried to raise a stink about a half year later to complain about LMG on glassdoor, and now she is dumping a ton of complaints without any context.

It's really simple, either she goes to the police or lawyers up, or she shut ups because it's either BS or completely out of context. 

image.png.185eb0d62fed7b0a60764db210006bbc.png

43 minutes ago, sawbones said:

you're an absolutely abhorrent and disgusting human being

>Simply say that you must go through legal process
>OMG You didn't believe her at face value you are a disgusting person how dare you.

Situation sucks for everyone, however there are avenues (especially not in America where people say everything is bad) that people should go through.

1 minute ago, Neroon said:

It's not. She tried to raise a stink after the she left, she tried to raise a stink about a half year later to complain about LMG on glassdoor, and now she is dumping a ton of complaints without any context.

It's really simple, either she goes to the police or lawyers up, or she shut ups because it's either BS or completely out of context. 

“She needs to stop being mean to my parasocial bestie.”

1 hour ago, schwarzerrogen said:

Big picture, you're often right.

But ultimately removing bad actors and problematic employees is also good of the company. If a manager is constantly being reported on for insulting employees or degrading his direct reports, that is a liability that no company wants to deal with.

Trust me, the average HR rep. wants to do good for the person, the top of the HR team is a crapshoot. I know that a few HR teams I've been on are actually useful, some are bureaucratic, and some are useless. It depends on the head of HR and the board.

I got your take here, but in the end HR is a corporate function and that should always dictate your personal expectations towards them.

If your company has the capacity to deal with toxic behavior, that is perfectly fine. I could imagine in a startup/small enterprise environment; sometimes you just don't have the liberty to "remove an evil manager" or react the way you think you need to - simply because the cart needs to move on.

What I'm trying to say: never expect anything from HR, so you will always be happily surprised if they do something for you.

1 minute ago, Puzzle_123 said:

six nines refers to 99.9999% uptime...

And, as normal humans do, when I talk about my cloud services uptime, I usually do a cocked grin and snap my fingers

@LinusTech If Madison's allegations are true, there's no way that I can continue supporting LTT, even if mostly with my eyeballs and on the folding team.

On top of that, I watched Linus's portion of today's video, and felt that it was another non-apology. It came across as "I'm sorry, BUT [insert excuse here]", and it doesn't matter what the excuse is, you've nullified the apology by making an excuse.

I am disappointed in the developments of the last 72 hours, and I'm even more disappointed with the company's response.

F@H    EOC

8 minutes ago, Master Link said:

Given the context, I can buy that.  Unfortunately due to the timing it's clear (at least to those of us who know what is involved in editing, filming, etc) that this was shot and filmed before the Twitter post.  Just couldn't have been more worse timing.

Also the sponsor and lttstore jokes. Wow, so funny! 

3 minutes ago, Neroon said:

I like all the absolutes here. YOU EITHER GO WITH MY SOLUTION OR YOUR A LIAR AND EVERYTHING YOUVE SAID IS OUT OF CONTEXT!!!!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Sasha2D said:

Yeah it obviously can't be both. You said it William, "69" makes no sense as a sexual joke. 

Six Nines. 99.9999.

I personally don't think Luke would drop a 69 joke in this based on how he acts on WAN Show when trying to prevent further disaster with Linus. Could be wrong.

2 minutes ago, jctappel67 said:

@LinusTech If Madison's allegations are true, there's no way that I can continue supporting LTT, even if mostly with my eyeballs and on the folding team.

On top of that, I watched Linus's portion of today's video, and felt that it was another non-apology. It came across as "I'm sorry, BUT [insert excuse here]", and it doesn't matter what the excuse is, you've nullified the apology by making an excuse.

I am disappointed in the developments of the last 72 hours, and I'm even more disappointed with the company's response.

You can both be sorry about the wrong you did and not be ok with all the people sending you, your co workers, and family very personal and vile attacks. 

While I will choose not to get involved or pass comment on the current situations affecting LMG please can we all remember that, as those involved have said, LMG employs many people, most of who wont have anything to do with this.

Everyone is struggling with money, cost of living etc so please, before you try to bring down a whole company, think about the staff who just want to work and get paid - this must be super scary for them.

This is in no way condoning any of the alleged incidents and they too should be openly investigated and ensure any victims are cared for as best possible. I simply want people to think of everyone in this.

1 minute ago, William Isted said:

Six Nines. 99.9999.

I personally don't think Luke would drop a 69 joke in this based on how he acts on WAN Show when trying to prevent further disaster with Linus. Could be wrong.

I actually don’t think anyone at that company gives a shit.

1 minute ago, Neroon said:

There's also government (non-police) organizations in BC to handle employee issues. She clearly knows they exist, per her response to the LMG response to her Glassdoor post.

She clearly has an axe to grind about the contract and restrictions on her streaming career (which is fully understandable), but how you redress your grievances matters. She claims to be in a better mental space, but she also has not taken any proactive actions that are completely available to her.  This wasn't the way and it's why you should never late night Twitter Thread things.

1 minute ago, William Isted said:

Six Nines. 99.9999.

And I didn't think the would put an ad for a screwdriver in their apology video but there it is.  Luke totally made the 6 9's comment a sex joke.  100%.

Just now, jctappel67 said:

Agreed, of course if the allegations were investigated to be true, then there can be no supporting LTT. But what if it wasn't true, or was wholly out of context (lets say a skit for channel superfun). Since we don't know or have conclusive evidence, should we not assume neither is right and neither is wrong either, hence taking a nuanced approach and not rush to conclusions.

Regardless of the verdict, the damage is done to LTT. If proven true, the nail in the coffin. But if proven to be a lie, LTT is now terminal and cannot recover.