Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

6 minutes ago, HenrySalayne said:

So please don't try to measure the validity of her claims by the temporal dependency to another controversy.

I'm not.

1 hour ago, Kresnik-02 said:

The only way to tackle this is by suing her. Not because of being true or false, but, because the only other counter claim is suing and making the person prove their word.

I'll take you one further.

Linus should sue his audience.

That's the only way to get everything out in the open!

It's better for everyone, we'll all thank him!

Just now, k0enf0rNL said:

Where is the Sexual Assault in all this? All I see is that someone grabbed her and she doesn't even state what part of her body. 

If someone grabs you inappropriately, it's harassment or assault.

Either way, inappropriate is inappropriate.

9 minutes ago, Neroon said:

Yes, holy fucking shit. What the fuck indeed.

But I'm gonna just say it, something is seriously off here.

Let me comment on a few things, starting with the image in this post.

These claims are absolutely crazy. Could they be true? I mean I guess, but are we really expected to believe it? The claims she has made here and in other messages, makes LMG extremely liable, and with how cancel culture ran crazy, she would have massively hurt the company if she had opened her mouth. Not to mention other women work there, and I cannot believe they would be ok with this happening. Also the timing of this seems to be more vengeful then anything.

She stated her mental health was bad, I can understand that, but is she blaming LMG of that?

She made many claims about responses to her work, who made them? Did she address these claims, what is the context?

She said she has been inappropriately grabbed, grabbed how? When I hear this, my mind would go to breasts or ass, but was that the case? If so, wouldn't she mention that?

Why would LMG fear her or others starting for themselves? It's not that easy to do that, and that doesn't mean they worry about them other. Obviously they wouldn't want to lose good people, but that's not the same.

She said she received death threats, why didn't she go to the police? Why is this the first time hearing? Also generally the community loved her, so that seems off.

You might be thinking: "why would she make this all up"

Well I've been working in mental health for 15 years, just in the past year, myself and my colleagues wore excuses many times of pedophilia (she is 16), inappropiate touching, verbal violence, verbally sexual comments, threatened with knives, chairs, pieces of broken glass, and many threats of her going to the police against us. Oh and she livestreamed our talks with her to social media, and made countless other videos complaining about us.

If you think no one is this crazy and isn't locked up, then you have no clue. All of her messages scream that she has serious issues. I don't know if any of it is true, maybe someone did call her work dogshit, after she went apeshit on them, and they got fed up.

But trust me, this has crazy written all over it.

"Trust me bro" 💀

"Well I've been working in mental health for 15 years" Yeah? Maybe you shouldn't be.

1 minute ago, GitGudDandy said:

If someone grabs you inappropriately, it's harassment or assault.

Either way, inappropriate is inappropriate.

According to her it was inappropriate. According to the glassdoor review she hadn't thought of that until she posted it on Twitter.

current rig (march 2023)

case: Corsair obsidian 750D   mobo: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming   cpu: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x   cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240   memory: G.skill 32GB DDR4-3000   gpu: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3  PSU: seasonic X-series 850W

Just now, RWxAshley said:

The fuck is this suppose to even be? How is this proof of being "Unprofessional" ???

It's not proof, my reading from that video (and the ROG build video) is that she isn't professional. It's just my opinion. based on per personality I wouldn't hire her, let alone hire her at a high pressure position like Social Media Coordinator for a $100m+ company.

She couldn't handle the job in my opinion, aside from her mental health issues she clearly has.

current rig (march 2023)

case: Corsair obsidian 750D   mobo: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming   cpu: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x   cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240   memory: G.skill 32GB DDR4-3000   gpu: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3  PSU: seasonic X-series 850W

14 minutes ago, Neroon said:

Yes, holy fucking shit. What the fuck indeed.

But I'm gonna just say it, something is seriously off here.

Let me comment on a few things, starting with the image in this post.

These claims are absolutely crazy. Could they be true? I mean I guess, but are we really expected to believe it? The claims she has made here and in other messages, makes LMG extremely liable, and with how cancel culture ran crazy, she would have massively hurt the company if she had opened her mouth. Not to mention other women work there, and I cannot believe they would be ok with this happening. Also the timing of this seems to be more vengeful then anything.

She stated her mental health was bad, I can understand that, but is she blaming LMG of that?

She made many claims about responses to her work, who made them? Did she address these claims, what is the context?

She said she has been inappropriately grabbed, grabbed how? When I hear this, my mind would go to breasts or ass, but was that the case? If so, wouldn't she mention that?

Why would LMG fear her or others starting for themselves? It's not that easy to do that, and that doesn't mean they worry about them other. Obviously they wouldn't want to lose good people, but that's not the same.

She said she received death threats, why didn't she go to the police? Why is this the first time hearing? Also generally the community loved her, so that seems off.

You might be thinking: "why would she make this all up"

Well I've been working in mental health for 15 years, just in the past year, myself and my colleagues wore excuses many times of pedophilia (she is 16), inappropiate touching, verbal violence, verbally sexual comments, threatened with knives, chairs, pieces of broken glass, and many threats of her going to the police against us. Oh and she livestreamed our talks with her to social media, and made countless other videos complaining about us.

If you think no one is this crazy and isn't locked up, then you have no clue. All of her messages scream that she has serious issues. I don't know if any of it is true, maybe someone did call her work dogshit, after she went apeshit on them, and they got fed up.

But trust me, this has crazy written all over it.

It is really hard to know. Her posts scream mental issues to me. No report, no lawsuit, I'm sorry, but I can't believe her on everything she claims on a ... trust me bro basis. If her mental state prevented her from pursuing a lawsuit, that's a shame, but now we can never know.

11 minutes ago, Kravatie1 said:

like people are just assuming what madison has said is true without letting any investigations happen

What possible "investigation" would happen? By who? The company that is alleged to have behaived in this manner? This isn't a criminal case. There aren't going to be investigations by third parties.

6 hours ago, Im_a_Rhinoceros said:

There more than enough legal remedies for her allegations. If they had any merit she is free to pursue them, otherwise…

Tell me you've never known or been a victim of sexual harassment and assault and are tone deaf to real victims without telling me. 

5 minutes ago, k0enf0rNL said:

According to her it was inappropriate. According to the glassdoor review she hadn't thought of that until she posted it on Twitter.

A lot of harassment and SA isn't realised by the victim for a long time, often years, sometimes decades.

This doesn't negate the seriousness of the issue nor their validity.

Just now, k0enf0rNL said:

It's not proof, my reading from that video (and the ROG build video) is that she isn't professional. It's just my opinion. based on per personality I wouldn't hire her, let alone hire her at a high pressure position like Social Media Coordinator for a $100m+ company.

She couldn't handle the job in my opinion, aside from her mental health issues she clearly has.

Ok. That is unrelated to the topic at hand. You aren't LMG, nor should you be inserting yourself into this situation as if you are an employer. Your opinion on her employability quite literally doesn't matter to this situation. Its so unrelated, and comes across as you merely wanting to find some other ways of discrediting her instead of discussing the actual issues that LMG are already known to have had.

5 hours ago, saintlouisbagels said:

Baffled at all of the comments saying that it’s convenient for her to be popping up now and sharing all of this.

This is exactly like the MeToo movement. People don’t post their stories out of fear of repercussions. But now that the iron is hot, it makes sense to come out now.

This right here! Honestly, some of the comments here have made me incredibly uncomfortable.

The truth is: we don't know what happened, only the parties involved do. Speculating on all of this, accusing people of lying, etc., is dangerous, unhelpful, and unnecessary.

Slade Watkins • he/him/they/them

4 minutes ago, William Isted said:

What possible "investigation" would happen? By who? The company that is alleged to have behaived in this manner? This isn't a criminal case. There aren't going to be investigations by third parties.

Well, what do you think the new CEO's first job will be this morning?

My bet would be on "Work out whether the company has any exposure from Madison's posts" - and he'll be close to a third party on the basis that he has no personal skin in the game. That's where the investigation happens.

Closely followed, of course, by job #2: "Figure out how to make it go away".

Meanwhile, Floatplane is still bleeding subscriptions, and the mea culpa video hasn't slowed it down at all.

4 minutes ago, William Isted said:

not heard of internal investigations?

1 minute ago, Cavalry Canuck said:

Probably not a good idea for him to react off-the-cuff for this.

It's probably not good for him to react at all to this. This can quickly become a legal issue, and no statement should be made publicly. 

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

2 minutes ago, k0enf0rNL said:

Let's be real here, it's not like they gave her a genuine chance if the timeframe she posted on Twitter is to be believed. 

And let's also look at the facts where she was /forced/ into a job because Linus tweeted about hireing her before she even came to some sort of agreement. 
This is a book case of someone who due to peer pressure agreed to work for a company because they were naïve, young and wanted to work for something big like LMG. 

There should have been more safety rails in place to help someone like her, but from what I've read and seen from LMG media themselves the workflow is insane and the high pressure that's placed on every worker in the company is really bad while there are nothing in place to really help talk or alleviate that pressure. 

Add to that the mental health problems she already has and this is the predictable conclusion. 
If anything, LMG should work on adding more features to help keep their workforce healthy both in body and mind. 

I'm applying Ikea spelling, meaning you get most of the words and letters, then it's up to you to assemble them correctly! 👍

1 minute ago, Skipple said:

It's probably not good for him to react at all to this. This can quickly become a legal issue, and no statement should be made publicly. 

Cool. We agree.

1 minute ago, Kravatie1 said:

not heard of internal investigations?

Are you for real? "internal investigations" ... yes. But by who? The company that is alleged to have behaived in this manner including if not primarily the managers?

1 minute ago, William Isted said:

Are you for real? "internal investigations" ... yes. But by who? The company that is alleged to have behaived in this manner including if not primarily the managers?

more likely the ceo? who wasn't even around when all this started 

Generally speaking, I would never expect a company to publicly comment on a employee. It's strongly advised against by any vaguely credible HR firm.

In this instance, I don't expect this to be any different. There are allegations being raised, they are concerning, but we haven't both sides of the story. We may not get both sides and people will have to take a view on that.

That aside, the rails have very much come off at LMG, and clearly they have work to do.

What bothers me are the assumptions that:

1) the goal is to make her go away, not to make sure that there isn't a poisonous atmosphere for lower status women or employees

2) isn't LMG's life's blood their reputation?  Then maybe the goal shouldn't be to make her quiet, but to address how workers are treated!

1 hour ago, Empyreal said:

I wouldn't outright call it fake but it would certainly be nice to have proof of what she said happened. As of now, it's just so hard to believe her, and it does feel like another #metoo bs.

People shouldn't advocate for baseless accusation because that's all Madison is doing right now. Trying to ride on the tailcoat of LMG pitchfork wagon started by GN.

It looks like GN and BT also lied to us about this whole thing. Turns out they gave it out to LTT and asked for a review and when they didn’t like it, they ‘ungave’ it. 

*edited by staff