Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

Just now, stflames01 said:

let me now use this opportunity to "say something". 

She confirmed that she's the one who wrote the below GlassDoor review in 2022

m0kzdo2l0gib1.png?width=945&format=png&a

Is Glassdoor a Canadian thing? Before today I had never heard of it.

Just now, NavyEmt said:

Is Glassdoor a Canadian thing? before today I had never heard of it.

no, its international.

While a lot of complaints are valid, one i don't get is about the power imbalance in meetings with her manager. How are you supposed to get around that in a meeting? You are always going to have that regardless of where you work, unless you don't have a boss at all.

That aside the SA claims are serious and should be handled appropriately. 

3 minutes ago, Swaza Ares said:

no, if these accusations are true the audience needs to know so we know what our money is supporting. I don't want to support a company that abuses its employees. I've bought merch from them in the past and wont do so again until I'm comfortable supporting them.

based on what? How does the company that has consistently chosen to not say anything bad about their former employees defend themselves here? seriously. do what you want with your money but the timing of all this is just too weird. Good luck her though and to you as well.

it's really very simple

LMG is at fault for everything that happened while she was working there

The community is at fault for her not wanting to say anything until now.

Some of y'all are really a bunch of assholes.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

1 minute ago, hassam222 said:

While a lot of complaints are valid, one i don't get is about the power imbalance in meetings with her manager. How are you supposed to get around that in a meeting? You are always going to have that regardless of where you work, unless you don't have a boss at all.

That aside the SA claims are serious and should be handled appropriately. 

I guess she meant to imply that people abused their power and just bulldozed her.  Or even threatened her.

Just now, suits said:

Yikes, sooo many bad takes in this thread.

These allegations should have been investigated when they happened, but there are many reasons she would feel like she didn't want to be the whistle blower. She did post her employer review or whatever, sad she did not report at that time.

For anything that can be it should be investigated now.

As for her claim of having too much work, if it was too much work for her she shouldn't have accepted the job (sounds like she was pressured to take the job, so yeah... more bad...). 3 tweets, 2 Instagram and 2 TikTok... Yeah I'm not buying that as too much work load. I know people who do that and it isn't their job. Assuming an 8 hour work day I don't buy it. 

Keep in mind the accuracy issues LMG is already under fire for. Part of the scope of being a Social Media coordinator is trying to address that stuff before it is allowed out in the open. Part of the job also involves being a middleman (middlewoman?) between the community and the company. In the event bad info is already out there, the SM coordinator needs to identify the problem, collate complaints, pass it on to the appropriate departments, receive instructions/information to disseminate to the community, etc.

It probably was a huge workflow. Not insurmountable for someone experienced in media/PR. But a brand new girl just entering the work force? That's some unrealistic expectations. Whomever hired her, and then chose to retain her after the probationary period, made mistakes. Her pursing the job, and then choosing to stay for as long as she did was also a mistake. But that's a mistake we've all made, especially when we're young and dumb.

Part of me hopes this goes the way of a defamation suit at this point. It'll either either prove Madison right, prove her wrong, or (what I expect) be a muddy mess of something in the middle. Now that the accusation is out in the open, it's a question that needs to be answered. This isn't something that the court of Social Media/Public Opinion can definitively decide.

4 minutes ago, mMontana said:

"Simple" legal tactic. No proof provided, no legal action from Madison.

So no answer provided as possibile proof (or counter-argument) in case of sueing.

The thing is, this is possibly the only way to get LMG to properly acknowledge her claims - if they want to sue her for defamation, they have to prove that she's lying (unlike in the UK, where the burden of proof for defamation is reversed).

If she didn't feel her original complaints were properly dealt with, then this could be the only way to force LMG to deal with it properly, and with the oversight of a court and everything that entails.

If I were in LMG's position, and there was even a chance that any of it's true, I'd be trying to work out if there was any kind of settlement (financial or otherwise) which would make it go away.

2 minutes ago, Bogdanov89 said:

Zero proof, convenient timing for "revealing" things.

IKR.... Like ooooo, the big bad company is mean. Perfect timing. Impeccable. Hell, even me who never posts anything has posted this weak. God I really intensely dislike how humans act sometimes

Linus gaslights and his simps loves this shit so much they bottle up all the gas and breathes it non stop under RGB lights.. Linus has power to move youtube creators n all his simps to bury ex employees easily. Everyone knows never to get on Linus bad side cos u will be literally gaslit by every YouTube community.

I'm warming up to the idea of a union as the only way to insure that management behaves. 

I guess I already knew that about major issues like "do people make enough money" and "do they have time for sleep"

But it also applies to "do managers abuse employees"  and "is the work environment regulated."

6 minutes ago, hassam222 said:

How are you supposed to get around that in a meeting

Having another coworker that serve as a witness or an union representative. This is actually good advice for anyone that has issues with their management

3 minutes ago, digitalscream said:

The thing is, this is possibly the only way to get LMG to properly acknowledge her claims - if they want to sue her for defamation, they have to prove that she's lying (unlike in the UK, where the burden of proof for defamation is reversed).

If she didn't feel her original complaints were properly dealt with, then this could be the only way to force LMG to deal with it properly, and with the oversight of a court and everything that entails.

If I were in LMG's position, and there was even a chance that any of it's true, I'd be trying to work out if there was any kind of settlement (financial or otherwise) which would make it go away.

LMG is Canadian. There are government channels she can still go through right now before she needs to sue.

For me the goal is to make life enjoyable for as a many people as possible.

You know, not just for the officers of the company or their favorite stars.

5 minutes ago, digitalscream said:

Now.. if that thread of tweets disappear tomorrow to fulfill an NDA or a out-of court settlement... who's gonna call LMG like possible manhandler for that?

Not English-speaking person, sorry, I'll make mistakes. If you're kind, maybe you'll be able to understand.

If you're really kind, you'll nicely point that out so I will learn more about write in good English.  🙂

Just now, JoshuaScholar said:

I'm warming up to the idea of a union as the only way to insure that management behaves. 

I guess I already knew that about major issues like "do people make enough money" and "do they have time for sleep"

But it also applies to "do managers abuse employees"  and "is the work environment regulated."

I think a lot of people in the us and Canada have a wrong representation of what unions actually do.

1 hour ago, Kresnik-02 said:

The only way to tackle this is by suing her. Not because of being true or false, but, because the only other counter claim is suing and making the person prove their word.

What would they sue her for…? She didn’t leak any confidential company information. She is freely speaking her mind on a subject matter. There is no legal recourse for LMG. 

COMIC SANS

2 minutes ago, JoshuaScholar said:

And the timing of all this is just fine to you? well, cool. Have a good day Sir.

1 minute ago, Orbital_Aurora said:

I think a lot of people in the us and Canada have a wrong representation of what unions actually do.

Don't ask to italians what unions actually do (in italy). Every country has its own stories to tell about the good and bad of unions.

Not English-speaking person, sorry, I'll make mistakes. If you're kind, maybe you'll be able to understand.

If you're really kind, you'll nicely point that out so I will learn more about write in good English.  🙂

Just now, stflames01 said:

And the timing of all this is just fine to you? well, cool. Have a good day Sir.

And all that sarcastic stuff, double to you!

5 hours ago, DarkSwordsman said:

Like holy fucking shit. What the fuck?

image.png.1df2d55d31dd124abd82fbe7ceafc6ed.png

Yes, holy fucking shit. What the fuck indeed.

But I'm gonna just say it, something is seriously off here.

Let me comment on a few things, starting with the image in this post.

These claims are absolutely crazy. Could they be true? I mean I guess, but are we really expected to believe it? The claims she has made here and in other messages, makes LMG extremely liable, and with how cancel culture ran crazy, she would have massively hurt the company if she had opened her mouth. Not to mention other women work there, and I cannot believe they would be ok with this happening. Also the timing of this seems to be more vengeful then anything.

She stated her mental health was bad, I can understand that, but is she blaming LMG of that?

She made many claims about responses to her work, who made them? Did she address these claims, what is the context?

She said she has been inappropriately grabbed, grabbed how? When I hear this, my mind would go to breasts or ass, but was that the case? If so, wouldn't she mention that?

Why would LMG fear her or others starting for themselves? It's not that easy to do that, and that doesn't mean they worry about them other. Obviously they wouldn't want to lose good people, but that's not the same.

She said she received death threats, why didn't she go to the police? Why is this the first time hearing? Also generally the community loved her, so that seems off.

You might be thinking: "why would she make this all up"

Well I've been working in mental health for 15 years, just in the past year, myself and my colleagues wore excuses many times of pedophilia (she is 16), inappropiate touching, verbal violence, verbally sexual comments, threatened with knives, chairs, pieces of broken glass, and many threats of her going to the police against us. Oh and she livestreamed our talks with her to social media, and made countless other videos complaining about us.

If you think no one is this crazy and isn't locked up, then you have no clue. All of her messages scream that she has serious issues. I don't know if any of it is true, maybe someone did call her work dogshit, after she went apeshit on them, and they got fed up.

But trust me, this has crazy written all over it.

11 minutes ago, Bogdanov89 said:

Zero proof, convenient timing for "revealing" things.

If I see one more comment like this I'm going to scream. Can people please read the thread before dropping a hot take that has been posted multiple times, and responded too already.

I'm starting to remember why I disliked forums, and stick to my close circle of friends.