Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

1 minute ago, Orbital_Aurora said:

Not sure if that is what she wants... A GoFundMe would also increase harassment so I'm not sure she would want this kind action no matter how much this is done with good intents

That ship sailed when she made her tweets. 

2 minutes ago, Mattumanu said:

Imagine having an LTT backpack with LTT on it and being out in public...  If this blows up you have explain why you're wearing a 250 dollar backpack from a company that mistreats and sexually harasses their employees.

What world do you live in that you think people in public are:

a) going to recognize LTT merch

b) going to say something even if they recognize LTT merch

c) going to ask you to explain yourself because you are wearing certain merch. 

ridiculous fantasy world. 

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

Not sure if that is what she wants... A GoFundMe would also increase harassment so I'm not sure she would want this kind action no matter how much this is done with good intents

Then she shouldn’t have took to twitter with her accusations against LMG. She could have handled it without putting it on social media.  Maybe by contacting the proper authorities or seeking legal advice. Putting in it straight onto social media opens the door for all the crazies to “help”. 

10 minutes ago, HesCalledTheStig said:

Why should they?  For all we know it’s already being taken care of. Not everything needs to be public knowledge. The simple fact is, WE DONT KNOW. What good is it to jump to conclusions?

Linus said that where's smoke there's fire in the context of Blizzard's case. Shouldn't it also apply here?
Furthermore, they should address this because they're always preaching about "transparency",  "accountability" and so on.
Finally, what she is saying is not that hard to believe. We have been discussing a lot the toxic work culture at LMG in the last two days.

This font is amazing.

6 minutes ago, HesCalledTheStig said:

Why should they?  For all we know it’s already being taken care of. Not everything needs to be public knowledge. The simple fact is, WE DONT KNOW. What good is it to jump to conclusions?

"Not everything needs to be public knowledge." No. But when something as serious as this comes out then there 100% should be public pressure for reaching any conclusion to be public. Not the conclusion itself, but just that there is one.

This is how individuals and companies are held accountable.

Just now, RWxAshley said:

Its sexual harassment. Full stop.

Is it? Full stop?
What if she asked the same thing to the same person before?
Would still be sexual harassment then?
Context matters always.
Even a person sticking a knife in someone's hearth could not be homicide depending on context.

Sorry but you have to learn how to doubt.

Here's a way LMG could move forward.  I'm not saying it's the only way, but it would be something to consider.

1. Sell ownership of the company to the employees, and create an opportunity to earn more shares as part of compensation.  This allows employees to actually take part in the ownership of the company so actions of the company can be held accountable to everyone that works there.  Major decisions could be overridden by shareholders (employees) if they deem it not appropriate.  A union would be similar, but this would be a good first step by the current ownership.  A union forming would be due to continued mishandling by current ownership.  Company leadership could change based on everyone's feedback, not just one or two.
  2. Investigate Madison's accusations.  Reprimand, punish, or fire whomever was involved and mishandled the accusations.
  3. Actually do all the things in the current apology video.

1 minute ago, William Isted said:

"Not everything needs to be public knowledge." No. But when something as serious as this comes out then there 100% should be public pressure for reaching any conclusion to be public. Not the conclusion itself, but just that there is one.

This is how individuals and companies are held accountable.

But why did she go straight to social media with it instead of contacting the proper authorities or seeking legal advice?

2 minutes ago, Riccardo Cagnasso said:

Is it? Full stop?
Context matters always.
Even a person sticking a knife in someone's hearth could not be homicide depending on context.

Its sexual harassment. Stop with this whataboutism, and take the facts presented to you as such. I already had to explain to you what inappropriately touching a woman is. Don't have me explain to you how you should talk to woman like people too. I'm not your mother.

2 minutes ago, HesCalledTheStig said:

Then she shouldn’t have took to twitter with her accusations against LMG. She could have handled it without putting it on social media.  Maybe by contacting the proper authorities or seeking legal advice. Putting in it straight onto social media opens the door for all the crazies to “help”. 

Victim blaming, Nice going there bud.

1 minute ago, HesCalledTheStig said:

Honestly it never crossed my mind that somebody would be dumb enough to open a GoFundMe, maybe your right but God damn can people just wait for somebody to say what they want for help before trying to do it in the worst possible way...

1 hour ago, William Isted said:

"Trust me bro" 💀

"Well I've been working in mental health for 15 years" Yeah? Maybe you shouldn't be.

Because of what exactly? Care to back up that claim? Can you state with a certaintity that she isn't crazy, that everything happened exactly how she stated. There is for you 0 doubt?

Because everything I wrote is from personal experience, I've seen clients file police reports against colleagues sexually assaulting her, including gay men who entered her room with colleague outside with the door open, knowing she would accuse him, just to get evidence to proof she was lying.

You have no clue how batshit crazy can be. People killing and draining the blood of a loved one, just to have them inside for the rest of their life, and you are telling me I'm not supposed to do this work, because I share some experiences and know when someone has serious issues.

Just now, Orthusaku said:

Victim blaming, Nice going there bud.

I’m not victim blaming. I’m stating facts. 

Just now, Oilyraincloud said:

Here's a way LMG could move forward.  I'm not saying it's the only way, but it would be something to consider.

1. Sell ownership of the company to the employees, and create an opportunity to earn more shares as part of compensation.  This allows employees to actually take part in the ownership of the company so actions of the company can be held accountable to everyone that works there.  Major decisions could be overridden by shareholders (employees) if they deem it not appropriate.  A union would be similar, but this would be a good first step by the current ownership.  A union forming would be due to continued mishandling by current ownership.  Company leadership could change based on everyone's feedback, not just one or two.
  2. Investigate Madison's accusations.  Reprimand, punish, or fire whomever was involved and mishandled the accusations.
  3. Actually do all the things in the current apology video.

Yeah or they could simply:

1) shut up about it

2) activate their lawyer
3) wait for 72 hours for the holy fire of internet outrage to fade out
4) continue their life as ever

2 minutes ago, Riccardo Cagnasso said:

Is it? Full stop?
Context matters always.

Yes, it would be

Sexual harassment is behavior characterized by the making of unwelcome and inappropriate sexual remarks or physical advances in a workplace or other professional or social situation. It doesn't have to be directed at a person to be harassment just it has to be unwanted and sexual in nature.

Honestly it never crossed my mind that somebody would be dumb enough to open a GoFundMe, maybe your right but God damn can people just wait for somebody to say what they want for help before trying to do it in the worst possible way...

Once something is posted to social media it’s going to draw attention, both positive and negative. 

This whole situation just keeps getting better and better.

I genuinely have much appreciated for GN getting the ball moving, so we can start shedding light on what kind of person Linus really is, especially with all this here from Madison, which likely never would have been brought to light if not for him.

It makes you wonder about other employees that have left. Look at Taran, one of their OGs, and how he left the company after all those years. I don't think he would have been mistreated since Linus and him go back, but I can only imagine how over worked he likely was. Especially after so many of their employees were vocal in that video about how overworked they were, and how much content they're forced to produce.

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠛⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣄⡀⠀⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⠃⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢶⣶⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⢠⡀⠐⠀⠀⠀⠻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⢸⣷⡄⠀⠣⣄⡀⠀⠉⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⣿⣿⣦⠀⠹⣿⣷⣶⣦⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣼⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⡿⢛⡙⢻⠛⣉⢻⣉⢈⣹⣿⣿⠟⣉⢻⡏⢛⠙⣉⢻⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣇⠻⠃⣾⠸⠟⣸⣿⠈⣿⣿⣿⡀⠴⠞⡇⣾⡄⣿⠘⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣟⠛⣃⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

1 minute ago, Skipple said:

And I would sue you for assault and battery. Excellent. Glad this is out of the way. 

Don't worry. Nobody would waste a drop of paint on someone like you.

I think she should not have posted on social media, but to the police.

Only they will make the effort to truly investigate, and only they have the position and proper tools at hand to do so.

To me, posting in public with no proof or history of the law ignoring the attempt, make a very mixed impression.

Maybe this accusation is legit, maybe not. Only a court will decide this, not the social medias.

Therefore I tend to see this as a dangerous game with public outcry mechanics. but this is a current personal tendency I learned from the effective outcome of other public made cases, that brought no actual legitimacy, but even proof of misleading accusations to daylight. I/We for sure cannot judge anything from the outside, I/We can only encourage all parties to solve this in front of the law.

2 minutes ago, HesCalledTheStig said:

But why did she go straight to social media with it instead of contacting the proper authorities or seeking legal advice?

Maybe she did seek legal advice. We don't know. All we do know is legal advice is hella expensive before they even have to do anything.

Just now, Riccardo Cagnasso said:

That's a straight example of my point.
She alleges that at some point she was asked "How she liked to fuck" which, out of context, could be an allegation of sexual harassment.

Next to it she put the fact that Linus was mad to a random woman on twitter, possibly thousands of kilometers away and raged not event talking to Madison. Like, so what?

If that's true, out of context or not is not something you ask coworkers. MAYBE if you've been great friends, very open and talking outside of work. Even then it's several layers of yikes especially if it's a superior.
And that's not even including the part she says in the same tweet after that in which she's essentially told to "fuck it out" with another employee that has an issue with her.

I can give you the one about the twitter woman but did you read the others? 
The one where she literally says she's been called fat, stupid etc?
Where she's allegedly yelled at and berated?

Linus can't release "We're hiring!" videos being all "we have a great working environment" where when the camera isn't rolling people are yelled at by adult teenagers, let alone if any of the worse shit is true.

7 hours ago, Legitsu said:

please stop assuming that the random women on the twitter isn't lieing 

timing is pretty sus so what she was slient for 2 years and picks now to say something?

if anything she said was true any court on the planet would have had a field day 

or we really gonna bite for the old 'female victum routine' 

You can't assume either way. She may or may not be lying, yet you seem to be biased towards her lying for some reason. Imagine if she's not, your attitude would be pretty callous.

Regardless, the timing has absolutely nothing suspicious about it whatsoever and does not indicate one bit that she might be lying.

First it's not unusual for victims to speak out much later, and until you've been in such a situation you probably won't understand why, and second it's also absolutely understandable that seeing the current drama with LTT's prestige affected, their ethics under question, and their execs with their tails between their legs, she felt like it was a safer time to speak out, and her story would be better heard. Any other time, her story would have gone either unnoticed, or been too easily dismissed.

Just now, nxthor said:

I think she should not have posted on social media, but to the police.

Only they will make the effort to truly investigate, and only they have the position and proper tools at hand to do so.

To me, posting in public with no proof or history of the law ignoring the attempt, make a very mixed impression.

Maybe this accusation is legit, maybe not. Only a court will decide this, not the social medias.

Therefore I tend to see this as a dangerous game with public outcry mechanics. but this is a current personal tendency I learned from the effective outcome of other public made cases, that brought no actual legitimacy, but even proof of misleading accusations to daylight. I/We for sure cannot judge anything from the outside, I/We can only encourage all parties to solve this in front of the law.

Ah, so you know she didn't go to the police then? You have police reports?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

9 minutes ago, Skipple said:

What world do you live in that you think people in public are:

a) going to recognize LTT merch

b) going to say something even if they recognize LTT merch

c) going to ask you to explain yourself because you are wearing certain merch. 

ridiculous fantasy world. 

I will 100% hold you accountable for supporting LTT in real life right now. After this Madison's situation there are no excuses.

This font is amazing.