Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

I failing to understand why others are struggling with the very basic idea that Madison has presented to the community about an issue at LMG. Most of what she has had to say lines up with the other issues we've known about happening behind the scenes at LMG for a while. That there are huge issues of miscommunication, sloppy leadership, and misconduct that stims from a young leadership team with no experience in those roles or positions. (Not an excuse. Just a potential explanation of what those in leadership positons at LMG need to remember.)

LMG is a young tech company, Linus has been quoted saying as such, with a vast majority of its employees being mostly in their 20s. When I think about that, and the attitudes breed from being a 20 year old hotshot making it big, and moving fast into a leadership position with no experience prior then its easier for me to see how these issues can even be allowed to exist, persist, and get blown off so easily as just another day at the office. I can see the issues of sexual harassment not being taken very seriously. I can see how abuse of power can come from those early in their life not ready for the actual responsibility in that position. I can see issues of power imbalance not being respected.

I hope Madison's story is taken properly, its taken seriously, and its taken not as a threat, or as some excuse to seek retribution in her name by the community. I hope this is another story that LMG takes seriously, and correctly addresses so future female employees don't go through the same issues she had to go through while working at the company.

6 minutes ago, JoshuaScholar said:

It was a SFW April fools gag.

"I had to read comments from people talking about how they wanted to fuck me and my co workers. I saw peoples dicks, and vagina's. I said no, and was told only a little longer."

Again, unless her contract specifically included that she was to be managing LTT's OnlyFans account, including having to sort through the above, having her do so, especially after she asked not to, is absolutely disgusting and vile.

Honestly, GN's stuff... I didn't really care at first, and the way LMG addressed it in the video made me feel comfortably that it would be resolved.

This stuff though... This is different. If this turns out to be true, I don't think I'd be able to watch LMG anymore. It'd be a shame. Tons of incredible people work there, and all I could hope for is them finding another place.

My next Floatplane billing date is 21 September, so I'm giving LMG until then to address this stuff.

Dankpods FP sub is yearly and is billed in July next year. I'll probably just want nothing to do with LMG anymore if this is not handled properly, so then I'd probably cut Floatplane out as well.

Been watching LMG for a decade now. This shit sucks, especially for all the good people who work or used to work for LMG. I don't want it to be true, but for some reason I fear it is. That is mostly gut feeling though, but still.

These are the first allegations of this type that  I’ve heard of against LMG. Out of all the employees in the company, she is the only one that was singled out, belittled and sexualized?  Not saying she is lying, but the timing is questionable. I’d be more apt to believe her claims if more employees came forward backing her or with their own accusations. 

I guess only time will tell on this one. FOR NOW, I’ll give LMG the benefit of the doubt. 

5 minutes ago, gottahavit said:

Yeah she comes off as someone who was excited to go work with a group she thought was going to be a new friends and family job, and then reality set in and she was expected to work and to deal with problematic personalities(something you HAVE to deal with in any company).  If there was true harassment then you go to HR, if thee is no HR, then you get a lawyer, otherwise your just whining about your job after you left.  Probably a mix of dysfunction at the workplace and oversensitivity on her part.

The timing of this tells me she's just looking for notoriety now.

Either way this is something better of handled by the company behind closed doors.

The allegation includes that it was already "handled by the company behind closed doors" 💀

7 minutes ago, DaytonaDragon said:

Fake. You don’t wait 2 years to come out with this if it was true. You also show evidence. And the timing is also suspicious. This whole thing sounds like another #metoo bs.

I wouldn't outright call it fake but it would certainly be nice to have proof of what she said happened. As of now, it's just so hard to believe her, and it does feel like another #metoo bs.

People shouldn't advocate for baseless accusation because that's all Madison is doing right now. Trying to ride on the tailcoat of LMG pitchfork wagon started by GN.

10 minutes ago, Orbital_Aurora said:

I actually do not think they will. I am willing to bet their response will be "we could file for diffamation but we won't because we are such nice guys" where in reality a diffamation lawsuit could expose their bad management that was apparent for many years (Yvonne being "HR" while being the CEO's Wife is a huge red flag in any company)

Yeah.  As much as I'm not a fan of HR, I guess having a professional HR department is a necessity and better than letting an owner abuse their position.

I don't think she is making it up. Very sad to learn all these things, and even sadder to think many other workplaces are similar or even worse. 

On why she didn't blow the whistle to a government agency if "that's her right to do so", I guess you were never young and alone in a new job, it's incredibly common for people to not come forward when wronged

8 minutes ago, gottahavit said:

Yeah she comes off as someone who was excited to go work with a group she thought was going to be a new friends and family job, and then reality set in and she was expected to work and to deal with problematic personalities(something you HAVE to deal with in any company).  If there was true harassment then you go to HR, if thee is no HR, then you get a lawyer, otherwise your just whining about your job after you left.  Probably a mix of dysfunction at the workplace and oversensitivity on her part.

The timing of this tells me she's just looking for notoriety now.

Either way this is something better of handled by the company behind closed doors.

Absolute nonsense. HR exists to protect the company and not the staff.

Harassment does not need to be handled behind closed doors, another deflection. History is full of examples of things behind handled behind closed doors (see Catholic Church) and that only serves to protect the company who has all the resources.

1 minute ago, JoshuaScholar said:

Yeah.  As much as I'm not a fan of HR, I guess having a professional HR department is a necessity and better than letting an owner abuse their position.

It's either an independent HR or a Union ideally both, for the longest time LTT had neither

5 minutes ago, kainisenni said:

Honestly, GN's stuff... I didn't really care at first, and the way LMG addressed it in the video made me feel comfortably that it would be resolved.

This stuff though... This is different. If this turns out to be true, I don't think I'd be able to watch LMG anymore. It'd be a shame. Tons of incredible people work there, and all I could hope for is them finding another place.

My next Floatplane billing date is 21 September, so I'm giving LMG until then to address this stuff.

Dankpods FP sub is yearly and is billed in July next year. I'll probably just want nothing to do with LMG anymore if this is not handled properly, so then I'd probably cut Floatplane out as well.

Been watching LMG for a decade now. This shit sucks, especially for all the good people who work or used to work for LMG. I don't want it to be true, but for some reason I fear it is. That is mostly gut feeling though, but still.

why do they need to address anything?

it'll be a matter between lmg and madison

we don't need to get involved with it

4 minutes ago, HesCalledTheStig said:

but the timing is questionable

She wrote a GlassDoor review in July of 2022 including most of the main concerns.

1 minute ago, William Isted said:

The allegation includes that it was already "handled by the company behind closed doors" 💀

which is how issues like that should be handled at a company.  HR issues are not for social media.  If the company won't deal with it and you win in court, then you can tell your story, if you lose in court you can tell your story just no one will believe you.  If you agree to a settlement then you tell your friends not to work there and you keep your mouth shut otherwise( a lesson Linus also needs to learn).

8 minutes ago, spirch said:

dont expect any reaction from anyone in lmg, other than "no comment" (hopefully)

only way to deal with this is lawyering up and deal with this the proper way

This. While I know everyone is eager to get involved and make sure Madison gets justice, this is not something that LMG should handle out in the open. Doing so could open them up to legal ramifications. While many of you might think "good", these are still allegations and they probably need to take time and investigate on their end what happened and, as you point out, speak with their lawyer.

Note: This does not mean that I think LMG should try to get out of doing the right thing, just that them doing the right thing probably shouldn't be publicized.

9 minutes ago, spirch said:

dont expect any reaction from anyone in lmg, other than "no comment" (hopefully)"

"Simple" legal tactic. No proof provided, no legal action from Madison.

So no answer provided as possibile proof (or counter-argument) in case of sueing.

Not English-speaking person, sorry, I'll make mistakes. If you're kind, maybe you'll be able to understand.

If you're really kind, you'll nicely point that out so I will learn more about write in good English.  🙂

Just now, Kravatie1 said:

why do they need to address anything?

it'll be a matter between lmg and madison

we don't need to get involved with it

I avoid purchasing anything from amazon due to the treatment of their employees. I'll avoid purchasing anything from LMG due to the treatment of their employees.

Yikes, sooo many bad takes in this thread.

These allegations should have been investigated when they happened, but there are many reasons she would feel like she didn't want to be the whistle blower. She did post her employer review or whatever, sad she did not report at that time.

For anything that can be it should be investigated now.

As for her claim of having too much work, if it was too much work for her she shouldn't have accepted the job (sounds like she was pressured to take the job, so yeah... more bad...). 3 tweets, 2 Instagram and 2 TikTok... Yeah I'm not buying that as too much work load. I know people who do close that and it isn't their full-time job. The only difference would be Facebook instead of TikTok. So unless TikTok somehow takes way longer... Eh. Assuming an 8 hour work day I don't buy it. 

I found out about this via a youtube comment on the new video, which had the most likes out of any other comment thread by far. LTT has removed that thread as well as the others that mentioned the situation. The ones there now are new and fresh but probably won't last long, and it doesn't give me hope about this whole situation. Trying to supress discussion about this very serious issue is not a good look regardless of where you stand, especially when the comments simple asked that LTT address this too. God, this is genuinely the most heartbreaking fall from grace I've seen from a content creator I enjoy

Just now, FerrisU said:

I avoid purchasing anything from amazon due to the treatment of their employees. I'll avoid purchasing anything from LMG due to the treatment of their employees.

lol okay

won't change anything from LMG side

19 minutes ago, Kravatie1 said:

we need to see nothing, its between madison and lmg

no, if these accusations are true the audience needs to know so we know what our money is supporting. I don't want to support a company that abuses its employees. I've bought merch from them in the past and wont do so again until I'm comfortable supporting them.

Just now, Swaza Ares said:

no, if these accusations are true the audience needs to know so we know what our money is supporting. I don't want to support a company that abuses its employees. I've bought merch from them in the past and wont do so again until I'm comfortable supporting them.

we already know what our money is supporting, them the ability to make great content

12 minutes ago, FerrisU said:

Again, unless her contract specifically included that she was to be managing LTT's OnlyFans account, including having to sort through the above, having her do so, especially after she asked not to, is absolutely disgusting and vile.

Her Job was social media, OF is social media. If she did not want to do the job then replace her with someone who does.

Look, at this point, this is just ridiculous. No matter what anyone says about this, it would sound like oh no "the big bad corporation" hurt the poor little girl who the selected for a prize and eventually hired. But wait, now that the corporation in under a bit of heat and scrutiny for something unrelated, let me now use this opportunity to "say something". 

There's just no winning here and I hope the LMG team makes not comment on this. 

13 minutes ago, HesCalledTheStig said:

These are the first allegations of this type that  I’ve heard of against LMG. Out of all the employees in the company, she is the only one that was singled out, belittled and sexualized?  Not saying she is lying, but the timing is questionable. I’d be more apt to believe her claims if more employees came forward backing her or with their own accusations. 

I guess only time will tell on this one. FOR NOW, I’ll give LMG the benefit of the doubt. 

Because of course there’s lots of women working at LMG.