Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

43 minutes ago, Ludachris said:

Thanks for sharing!

I think some people just question the timing and the way she “published” these allegations. 

Cut the crap. It isn't cute. If she had posted this before the current happenings, she'd have been attacked by everyone and you know it. She finally felt safe to say something now that the public has a better understanding of how terrible this company actually is.

2 minutes ago, Skipple said:

I agree! And it could have been handled in that manner, but instead it's public now. I'm not saying that's wrong, it's perfectly valid if that's her choice, but it was a choice made by Madison.

You don't get to determine what the public does and how they react if you make the information public yourself. 

You're not wrong. I just realllllly think this is a dangerous path to take, and the stakes are high. My guess is it will cause much more harm than good. 

Hopefully, I'm wrong.

1 minute ago, Riccardo Cagnasso said:

No one is attacking anyone.

Yes, when someone makes serious accusations without a scrap of evidence, normal people have doubts.

You are suggesting there is some kind of straight forward evidence that can convince the smooth brained, where there might not be or it is not that straight forward.

You are also suggesting you are entitled to see such evidence.

As has been seen with a good many harassment cases over the years there was no direct evidence of the crime, but in the end there was evidence about how the employee was treated which could have only occurred because of a company protecting itself.

3 minutes ago, William Isted said:

From the tweets it sounded like "your last video was shit" was retaliation for going to management to complain. So workplace bullying just to be clear.

Yeah. It looks like that, because the two things are written next each other like are related.
But pay attention. Re-read it. It doesn't state that they are related. For what we know the criticism could have preceded her complaints.

To me this sounds like manipulative storytelling. Things are put together like they are related. Because if they are, yeah, that's really bad.
Just it's not stated that they are related. It's not explained how they are related. They are just there, next to each other.

5 minutes ago, yoc said:

Nop, they gonna sweep this one under the rug.

Another perfect example of how toxic social media is. 

This is a blatant assumption.  We don’t KNOW anything more than what Madison has posted. Quit jumping to conclusions. 

41 minutes ago, RWxAshley said:

Ooooooook.... I'm officially out of here.

BT themselves said this. 

1 minute ago, W33DKILL3R said:

You are suggesting there is some kind of straight forward evidence that can convince the smooth brained, where there might not be or it is not that straight forward.

You are also suggesting you are entitled to see such evidence.

As has been seen with a good many harassment cases over the years there was no direct evidence of the crime, but in the end there was evidence about how the employee was treated which could have only occurred because of a company protecting itself.

I'm not suggesting that I'm entitled to see such evidence.
I'm suggesting that I'm entitled to doubt until I see such evidence.

10 minutes ago, Riccardo Cagnasso said:

Again, are you sure about what she says?
She says that the senior management strongly criticized her work and abilities. Is that verbal abuse? We are provided no context.
The whole thread is phrased like she was verbally abused but we have no real example of abuse. Saying "your last video was shit" maybe impolite but is not abuse.

Also it's not clear who did this alleged "sexual harrasment". You conflate both the verbal abuse and the let's call it inappropriate behavior to be from the same people. But it's not clear.

Everything is so vague, so undetermined, completely out of context. Things that are perfectly legitimate behavior described in the detail - like not putting a mirror in an office per employee request, like wtf? - are mixed with vague descriptions of what could be serious crimes. Like they are related. Except it's not stated that there's a relation. I'm sorry, but I read this and I feel like I'm being manipulated into outrage and it doesn't feel right.

I wonder if you really did read everything, here are some of the pretty direct examples.
It doesn't really matter how many people were doing shit, if anyone is overstepping clear boundaries they oughta be axed.

image.png.51cd90a5d95fb3a7dec532c70949d34f.png

image.png.4518716bea5178aded791307e16e65d4.png
image.png.487c2d0eea9f269a7330424470b05e9a.pngimage.png.84a4e26e517429bb775dae7b83de1887.png

image.png

48 minutes ago, RWxAshley said:

Ok. That is unrelated to the topic at hand. You aren't LMG, nor should you be inserting yourself into this situation as if you are an employer. Your opinion on her employability quite literally doesn't matter to this situation. Its so unrelated, and comes across as you merely wanting to find some other ways of discrediting her instead of discussing the actual issues that LMG are already known to have had.

It is part of the discussion, she says she had a huge workload and felt high pressure and that feedback was often harsh and direct. You can only determine if that is unjustified if you look at her role at the company. If you can't fit the role properly but people expect that you will then you are going to experience a hostile work environment. I'm not saying that LMG shouldn't do anything to prevent this but it isn't weird for someone to feel a lot of pressure if he/she can't execute the role they've been given.

To me the pressure isn't strange as I said in my other comment. You are the Social Media Coordinator for a $100M company, there is bound to be pressure and workload especially for a company like LMG.

current rig (march 2023)

case: Corsair obsidian 750D   mobo: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming   cpu: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x   cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240   memory: G.skill 32GB DDR4-3000   gpu: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3  PSU: seasonic X-series 850W

2 minutes ago, Riccardo Cagnasso said:

Yeah. It looks like that, because the two things are written next each other like are related.
But pay attention. Re-read it. It doesn't state that they are related. For what we know the criticism could have preceded her complaints.

To me this sounds like manipulative storytelling. Things are put together like they are related. Because if they are, yeah, that's really bad.
Just it's not stated that they are related. It's not explained how they are related. They are just there, next to each other.

That's how it came across when I read it. Allegations have been made, regardless of what they are I hope they are treated respectfully by LMG and looked into.

2 minutes ago, DaytonaDragon said:

BT themselves said this. 

Very clear that this has nothing to do with what happened between LMG and Billet for you and is just an excuse to vent your issues with women. Take that shit somewhere else. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

8 minutes ago, Vexenar said:

I'm of the opinion that the majority of the company being built around Linus effectively creates an echo chamber. 
Luke has been trying to keep him from making PR disasters, but you can see how much he needs to tip toe around Linus for it. 

I have worked and contracted for small companies where the CEO / managers were also the owners of the company. Literally nothing was ever done in a professional manner, because these people thought as it was their company they could do what they wanted, employees be damned.

Linus in his tirade about not paying $500 to retest the cooler reminded me of this. Linus, this is not your money, it is the companies money which it earns through putting out accurate and well thought out content.

I bet he has a temper on him looking at his replies to these accusations and how his employees are. That years ago when working until whatever o'clock trying to get a video out, build the channel and tempers were frayed has now carried over into everyday normal business operations.

1 minute ago, HesCalledTheStig said:

Another perfect example of how toxic social media is. 

This is a blatant assumption.  We don’t KNOW anything more than what Madison has posted. Quit jumping to conclusions. 

So, are you saying that LTT (LMG in this case) will address her tweets? 

This font is amazing.

Personally, waiting to see LTT's reaction on this. I do believe 70% of what madison is saying to be true, but the last 30% just seems like either a gross misunderstanding, or something else. I do not want to say lies, as i do not have the full picture and all sides, its just i need more information before i deem it factual and accurate.

2 minutes ago, k0enf0rNL said:

It is part of the discussion, she says she had a huge workload and felt high pressure and that feedback was often harsh and direct. You can only determine if that is unjustified if you look at her role at the company. If you can't fit the role properly but people expect that you will then you are going to experience a hostile work environment. I'm not saying that LMG shouldn't do anything to prevent this but it isn't weird for someone to feel a lot of pressure if he/she can't execute the role they've been given.

To me the pressure isn't strange as I said in my other comment. You are the Social Media Coordinator for a $100M company, there is bound to be pressure and workload especially for a company like LMG.

Yeah cool pressure
image.png.84a4e26e517429bb775dae7b83de1887.png

1 minute ago, yoc said:

So, are you saying that LTT (LMG in this case) will address her tweets? 

Why should they?  For all we know it’s already being taken care of. Not everything needs to be public knowledge. The simple fact is, WE DONT KNOW. What good is it to jump to conclusions?

4 minutes ago, Riccardo Cagnasso said:

I'm not suggesting that I'm entitled to see such evidence.
I'm suggesting that I'm entitled to doubt until I see such evidence.

A lot of these cases play out without the evidence ever being released.

Criminal cases are one thing but employment tribunals, mediation etc... handle a lot of this in private. Companies pay out but under the agreement they don't have to actually admit the charge and that the payout is kept secret.

1 hour ago, W33DKILL3R said:

Absolute nonsense. HR exists to protect the company and not the staff.

Harassment does not need to be handled behind closed doors, another deflection. History is full of examples of things behind handled behind closed doors (see Catholic Church) and that only serves to protect the company who has all the resources.

HR protects the company by ensuring staff are not in a position to bring damaging claims to them. So yes, HR is going to take care of the employee to avoid that. 

The Church is an entirely different thing considering the ridiculous protections religious organizations are granted, in addition to the whole belief in eternal damnation if questioning authority figures. 

6 minutes ago, Rackneh said:

I wonder if you really did read everything, here are some of the pretty direct examples.
It doesn't really matter how many people were doing shit, if anyone is overstepping clear boundaries they oughta be axed.

image.png.51cd90a5d95fb3a7dec532c70949d34f.png

image.png.4518716bea5178aded791307e16e65d4.png
image.png.487c2d0eea9f269a7330424470b05e9a.pngimage.png.84a4e26e517429bb775dae7b83de1887.png

image.png

That's a straight example of my point.
She alleges that at some point she was asked "How she liked to fuck" which, out of context, could be an allegation of sexual harassment.

Next to it she put the fact that Linus was mad to a random woman on twitter, possibly thousands of kilometers away and raged not event talking to Madison. Like, so what?

some of it could be chalked up to a demanding high pressure job position. but the name calling and sexual harassment if true is very damning. I'll reserve judgment until we get a statement from LTT but they need to take a good look at this and themselves. 

7 hours ago, Danman2026 said:

https://twitter.com/suuuoppp/status/1691693740254228741

I think this is my last straw. Unsubbed from everywhere. to have a place of employment where employee has to injure themselves to take sick days. Awfull deplorible

Linus and ltt should be ashamed. We need more employees to come forward and expose this shit show and unionize.

There are people here who don't think this is a big deal. Imagine having an LTT backpack with LTT on it and being out in public...  If this blows up you have explain why you're wearing a 250 dollar backpack from a company that mistreats and sexually harasses their employees.

55 minutes ago, Vexenar said:

Let's be real here, it's not like they gave her a genuine chance if the timeframe she posted on Twitter is to be believed. 

And let's also look at the facts where she was /forced/ into a job because Linus tweeted about hireing her before she even came to some sort of agreement. 
This is a book case of someone who due to peer pressure agreed to work for a company because they were naïve, young and wanted to work for something big like LMG. 

There should have been more safety rails in place to help someone like her, but from what I've read and seen from LMG media themselves the workflow is insane and the high pressure that's placed on every worker in the company is really bad while there are nothing in place to really help talk or alleviate that pressure. 

Add to that the mental health problems she already has and this is the predictable conclusion. 
If anything, LMG should work on adding more features to help keep their workforce healthy both in body and mind. 

This is my conclusion as well. She wasn't fit for the role and the high pressure environment combined with time constraints didn't help. Shit like this happens, LMG should learn from this and tone down the pressure and do something about employee well being. But that is nothing new, we knew that before Madison posted on Twitter.

current rig (march 2023)

case: Corsair obsidian 750D   mobo: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming   cpu: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x   cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240   memory: G.skill 32GB DDR4-3000   gpu: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3  PSU: seasonic X-series 850W

Not sure if that is what she wants... A GoFundMe would also increase harassment so I'm not sure she would want this kind action no matter how much this is done with good intents

Just now, Riccardo Cagnasso said:

That's a straight example of my point.
She alleges that at some point she was asked "How she liked to fuck" which, out of context, could be an allegation of sexual harassment.

Its sexual harassment. Full stop.