Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

As far as I'm concerned, this shit far outstrips the GN drama.
Its not a surprise that there's a dudebro sexist culture at LMG. Its just disappointing that its seemingly not been acted on since Madison departed, as it doesn't take much of a guess to imagine the vast majority of the staff bros in question still have jobs at LMG.
The f**k am I gonna do with all this merch I can't stomach wearing now... 

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

1 hour ago, redf5 said:

It is really hard to know. Her posts scream mental issues to me. No report, no lawsuit, I'm sorry, but I can't believe her on everything she claims on a ... trust me bro basis. If her mental state prevented her from pursuing a lawsuit, that's a shame, but now we can never know.

That's not true, she can absolutely still file suit, there will be an investigation, and while a cover up might work really well if it's just involves 1 person, but here there should be me more than enough people in the loop, to prove at least some of it. That is if it's true.

My guess is that nothing will happen, and white knights will forever believe her.

Just now, Riccardo Cagnasso said:

Yeah or they could simply:

1) shut up about it

2) activate their lawyer
3) wait for 72 hours for the holy fire of internet outrage to fade out
4) continue their life as ever

I feel this approach will severely stunt their growth.  Look at other creators that have been accused of similar things and never really addressed it.  Their viewership and subscriber count either stop growing completely or actually go down.  That's not sustainable.  Addressing the problems and making meaningful effort to correct issues will hurt short term, but long term it can allow them to continue their growth.  Either way, short term pain will happen, but how the company plans long term is where true accountability takes place.

2 minutes ago, William Isted said:

Maybe she did seek legal advice. We don't know. All we do know is legal advice is hella expensive before they even have to do anything.

Exactly my point. We don’t know. It’s all just assumptions at this point. 

1 minute ago, Orthusaku said:

Yes, it would be

Sexual harassment is behavior characterized by the making of unwelcome and inappropriate sexual remarks or physical advances in a workplace or other professional or social situation. It doesn't have to be directed at a person to be harassment just it has to be unwanted and sexual in nature.

So there's no context that determines how one should decide what is inappropriate?
Like you tell me I look good today. There's a sexual content to that and if I find it unwelcome you go to jail?

What if I tell you that you are welcomed to say something, you say it but it's secretly unwelcome to me? Jail time?

Context matters, sorry.

Just now, Lurick said:

Ah, so you know she didn't go to the police then? You have police reports?

It's a safe assumption though. You would have to be stupid to go to the police, have them investigate, only to post it all online and make the other party aware of this being an active thing again.

You would want to catch them off guard. So no, I very much doubt she went to the police.

2 minutes ago, Riccardo Cagnasso said:

Yeah or they could simply:

1) shut up about it

2) activate their lawyer
3) wait for 72 hours for the holy fire of internet outrage to fade out
4) continue their life as ever

I do not think this could work in the long term, this is a company to Wich their social image is paramount, it's literally the thing they sell to brands. Not changing anything would come back and bite them in the ass at some point, and with their investment and large workforce now, it's not something they can afford (probably)

8 minutes ago, nyanbinary said:

This is still one side of the story, her boyfriend wasn't there to witness it.

current rig (march 2023)

case: Corsair obsidian 750D   mobo: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming   cpu: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x   cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240   memory: G.skill 32GB DDR4-3000   gpu: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3  PSU: seasonic X-series 850W

We already know about how Linus refuses to give his employees sick days, how he forces them to work on public holidays including Christmas if it's a Friday, how if anyone comes to him quoting the Canadian employment law he'll fire them on the spot, strongly implying he dosen't follow/care about what it says, because he's said all of these in WAN shows, so this just follows that pattern.

1 minute ago, Neroon said:

It's a safe assumption though. You would have to be stupid to go to the police, have them investigate, only to post it all online and make the other party aware of this being an active thing again.

You would want to catch them off guard. So no, I very much doubt she went to the police.

So a rape victim that comes forward and didn't immediately go to the police is lying?

A sexual assault victim that comes out and says X did Y and didn't run to the police is lying?

Anyone who accuses someone without involving the police first above all else is lying?

You have no f-ing clue what it's like to be a survivor of that stuff, how quickly people turn on you, just look at people in this thread how fast they just accuse someone of lying because they chose to speak out.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

2 hours ago, SomeKittyKat said:

No matter if all this is true or false. At this point the people working at this company need to Unionize.

Why? Just because? That's a personal decision for the team actually working there to make. Not the one who left because it was too hard.

Unions aren't always the best thing, it really depends. I would make a lot less money working a union gig vs where I am now in the same field, while having to pay union dues for crappy representation. Police unions protect bad employees because they are union members. FD unions often impose demands that take away jobs and increase the workload of it's members. 

There is a place for unions, but to make a blanket statement is just naive. 

So far all I'm seeing is a whole lot of accusing and not a lot of proof.

Could just as wel be a disgruntled ex employee that's making stuff up to hurt the company.

One sided stories will always sound awful for the other party involved. 

2 minutes ago, maskmcgee said:

We already know about how Linus refuses to give his employees sick days, how he forces them to work on public holidays including Christmas if it's a Friday, how if anyone comes to him quoting the Canadian employment law he'll fire them on the spot, strongly implying he dosen't follow/care about what it says, because he's said all of these in WAN shows, so this just follows that pattern.

We KNOW all of this for a fact?  Serious question. I hadn’t heard of any of this until now. 

12 minutes ago, Middcore said:

You're the one ranting about MeToo and consent. You're not fooling anybody. 

1) the consent reacted after sex was an analogy. I doubt you know what that is.

2) the me too campaign was poisonous and full of bs. So is this Madison.

2 minutes ago, Riccardo Cagnasso said:

So there's no context that determines how one should decide what is inappropriate?
Like you tell me I look good today. There's a sexual content to that and if I find it unwelcome you go to jail?

What if I tell you that you are welcomed to say something, you say it but it's secretly unwelcome to me? Jail time?

Context matters, sorry.

Are you formally trained on how to handle sexual harassment and sexual assault in the workplace?
I use these guidelines since it makes it easy (https://www.armyresilience.army.mil/sharp/pages/harassed.html)

It’s sexual harassment if someone:

• Implies you can advance professionally if you trade sexual favors.
  • Implies you will lose your job or that your career will suffer if you do not trade sexual favors.
  • Makes sexual or crude jokes referring to sexual acts or sexual orientation.
  • Touches you or makes unwanted physical contact.
  • Makes unwelcome sexual advances.
  • Discusses sexual relations/stories/fantasies in the workplace.
  • Shares sexually explicit photos, emails or text messages.
  • Gossips about your romantic history or sexual orientation.

3 minutes ago, Serin said:

Its not a surprise that there's a dudebro sexist culture at LMG. Its just disappointing that its seemingly not been acted on since Madison departed, as it doesn't take much of a guess to imagine the vast majority of the staff bros in question still have jobs at LMG.

One thing that has stuck with me is the video with Nerdforge and the BTS on FloatPlane. That had enough out of nowhere and cringe innuendo to the guest creator(s).

1 minute ago, DaytonaDragon said:

1) the consent reacted after sex was an analogy. I doubt you know what that is.

2) the me too campaign was poisonous and full of bs. So is this Madison.

So any women who speaks ill of you "tech bros" is a whore and liar?

Anyone who comes out saying they experienced something horrible is a liar and deserved it because you don't like that they have power now?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Regardless of what people think about the situation, it must absolutely be investigated through the proper legal channels. Being subjective and taking one side or the other is not doing any help. In such cases, the first step is to immediately act and investigate the victims complaints, given the implications and the gravity of the situation. If need arises, then whoever is behind the investigation can proceed to establish the victims credibility. Even the slightest hint of disbelief in the victim's claims could have severe psychological and emotional impact on the victim, not to mention it could further hinder the investigation and the outcome. 

2 minutes ago, dismuter said:

You can't assume either way. She may or may not be lying, yet you seem to be biased towards her lying for some reason. Imagine if she's not, your attitude would be pretty callous.

Regardless, the timing has absolutely nothing suspicious about it whatsoever and does not indicate one bit that she might be lying.

First it's not unusual for victims to speak out much later, and until you've been in such a situation you probably won't understand why, and second it's also absolutely understandable that seeing the current drama with LTT's prestige affected, their ethics under question, and their execs with their tails between their legs, she felt like it was a safer time to speak out, and her story would be better heard. Any other time, her story would have gone either unnoticed, or been too easily dismissed.

From what I've seen 90% of people here include "Allegedly" and "if it's true"

We all like LMG videos and if it's true we want to see actual action and change, if it's not true then we will find out eventually and we'll all forget this and defend Linus if people bring it up in the future.

Linus always says "For better or for worse the community will hold us accountable" that's what we're doing.
It also means taking serious accusations like this seriously but not jumping to conclusions.

If it's true I will 100% support Madison when it comes to taking legal action, but I will also give LMG a chance as a viewer if they actually show they're serious about doing the business right and cutting out toxicity.

We'll see.

5 minutes ago, maskmcgee said:

We already know about how Linus refuses to give his employees sick days

Do you have a source for that ?

6 hours ago, BaidDSB said:

I am actually running out of expletives to use against Linus.

WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU, YOU HARASSING NARCISSIST?

Is it too hard to have the bare minimum of discernment? Not everything that happens at LTT necessarily reflect on Linus' personality. Unless you have indications that Linus himself participated in or actively enabled such harassment, then for the sake of intellectual soundness, try to refrain from targeting him personally.

Just now, Lurick said:

So a rape victim that comes forward and didn't immediately go to the police is lying?

A sexual assault victim that comes out and says X did Y and didn't run to the police is lying?

Anyone who accuses someone without involving the police first above all else is lying?

You have no f-ing clue what it's like to be a survivor of that stuff, how quickly people turn on you, just look at people in this thread how fast they just accuse someone of lying because they chose to speak out.

I don't believe anyone said any of that. There are channels to go through if you want to address it. Social media often is not it. 

It is not wrong to think critically about what is being claimed, the circumstances around it, and placing the burden of proof on the one raising the accusation. That doesn't imply the accuser is lying, it prevents the mob mentality that results in damage to otherwise innocent parties that have not been proven to have done anything wrong. 

Accusations of rape or sexual assault are big deals. They carry a lot of weight, and even just the accusation can be damaging. That doesn't always mean it's true.

The context clues of what she lays out also don't add up to the picture that is being painted.  

5 minutes ago, Serin said:

Hope like hell that LMG actually take action, take this seriously, and deal with the creeps. While making sure any future woman that work there are treated better in an industry that is dominated by men that typically lack the social skills when it comes to dealing with the opposite gender.

Also don't read this forum thread. Its just fill with brainrotting takes that are great examples of how this stuff gets dismissed, and ignored in this industry.

Just now, Orbital_Aurora said:

Do you have a source for that ?

That’s what I’m saying. So many people seem to “know” so much without actually having anything to do with LMG as a company. Where do all these “facts” come from?

5 minutes ago, Neroon said:

Like the Police would do anything with this. It's employment law. The only thing they might have looked into (if they were involved) would be the physical assault allegation.