Gamers Nexus alleges LMG has insufficient ethics and integrity

osgalaxy
Message added by TVwazhere,

Please remember that the Community Standards apply to all threads including this one:

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner
  • "Don't be a dick" —Wil Wheaton
  • "Be excellent to each other" —Bill and Ted
  • Remember your audience; both present and future

Hello everyone, I am Mark Walker. To Linus Media Group and the team, I have some things I would l Iike to recommend, as a future business owner myself.(I haven't started my business yet due to financial constraints.)

So far, after watching both the Gamers Nexus video and the video just published from the LMG channel, I can very much say there are some issues that LMG has. It appears there is a clear disconnect at times between Labs, and different processes need to he refined.

I have a few recommendations, here are a few:

1. Any video that includes Labs content MUST be reviewed by Labs before publishing, and MUST be approved.

2. All content must be reviewed by either Linus or the CEO if it isn't already before publishing.

Also, as for deadlines, they shouldn't be so much as strict anymore. There needs to be soft deadlines, but not so much as to stop these processes from working.

If anyone at the team would like to contact, feel free to at anytime. I'm on the same coast, over in California. If anyone below would like to chime in, feel free to below.

4 hours ago, perryckd said:

there's also the gen-z thing, believing in their idealistic woke signaling 

Are you actually trying to use "woke" unironically?

And what do you even mean? You think your generation didn't cancel things? Metal bands? Harry Potter/ Fantasy novels? Older generations are the most sensitive and you dare try call Gen Z "idealistic woke signaling" get a grip.

8 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

There is no completely unbiased reviewer, thats why people should get info from multiple sources, than make your own decision based on the data provided. Steve didn't make the video to attack them, I don't see any harmful intent in the video, and I don't see how GN would be threatened by the labs when the LTT labs has been a thing for a while now yet LMG videos still have some obviously bad errors.

The GN video was a call out that needed to happen as LMG has been allowing some bad mistakes in their videos for a long time now, people point out their mistakes but it seems LMG cares more about rushing out a video every day more than taking the time to do any error correction.

The publicity Billet labs got is probably not the kind of publicity they wanted, given that Linus trashed the company on the WAN show and said it was crap, it makes no sense to even accept the block for review if he didn't want to review it fairly because of the price of the product.

afaik the only part linus was remotely critical of was the value of the monoblock. he didn't say the company was bad or anything

After viewing the latest video, it appears that there was a collective desire within the company (and long-time viewers) for a significant overhaul of LMG. We've witnessed various on-screen personalities at LTT expressing the same sentiment in previous videos as well. However, it took a few videos from Steve for them to come to this realization.

The forum post by Linus here is something that should never have been posted. It's reassuring to see that Linus still has sensible individuals around who can guide him in the right direction.

As consumers, we've experienced being taken advantage of by these tech corporations on numerous occasions. Content creators such as Linus, Steve, and others are our only hope in confronting these greedy corporations.

P.S. Salute to Tech Jesus for calling out LTT to push them to change for the better.

6 minutes ago, Trainleader21 said:

Hello everyone, I am Mark Walker. To Linus Media Group and the team, I have some things I would l Iike to recommend, as a future business owner myself.(I haven't started my business yet due to financial constraints.)

So far, after watching both the Gamers Nexus video and the video just published from the LMG channel, I can very much say there are some issues that LMG has. It appears there is a clear disconnect at times between Labs, and different processes need to he refined.

I have a few recommendations, here are a few:

1. Any video that includes Labs content MUST be reviewed by Labs before publishing, and MUST be approved.

2. All content must be reviewed by either Linus or the CEO if it isn't already before publishing.

Also, as for deadlines, they shouldn't be so much as strict anymore. There needs to be soft deadlines, but not so much as to stop these processes from working.

If anyone at the team would like to contact, feel free to at anytime. I'm on the same coast, over in California. If anyone below would like to chime in, feel free to below.

My post was merged, sorry if it's confusing.

5 minutes ago, TheGreenBeam said:

After viewing the latest video, it appears that there was a collective desire within the company (and long-time viewers) for a significant overhaul of LMG. We've witnessed various on-screen personalities at LTT expressing the same sentiment in previous videos as well. However, it took a few videos from Steve for them to come to this realization.

The forum post by Linus here is something that should never have been posted. It's reassuring to see that Linus still has sensible individuals around who can guide him in the right direction.

As consumers, we've experienced being taken advantage of by these tech corporations on numerous occasions. Content creators such as Linus, Steve, and others are our only hope in confronting these greedy corporations.

P.S. Salute to Tech Jesus for calling out LTT to push them to change for the better.

GN could have given them a call. I will die on this hill. GN should have just given LTT a call.

Just now, 3m3m said:

GN could have given them a call. I will die on this hill. GN should have just given LTT a call.

Why?

Not English-speaking person, sorry, I'll make mistakes. If you're kind, maybe you'll be able to understand.

If you're really kind, you'll nicely point that out so I will learn more about write in good English.  🙂

11 minutes ago, aaradorn said:

Maybe it's best to take a step back, I'm invested in this because I want LTT to be better, you are invested in this because you think LTT can do no wrong and anyone else who critizes them has alternative motives.

Actually, I unsubscribed from LTT 3 years ago.

1 minute ago, mMontana said:

Why?

To avoid all this?

Just now, mMontana said:

Why?

Why couldn't it have been? The only reason not to is for dramatic effect.

22 minutes ago, EchoBravo498 said:

My big take away...

1. Don't respond when you are angry. Linus appeared angry when he posted here leading to a poor quality response.

2. Assume for the sake of argument Steve was 100% mud slinging. That doesn't change the facts and the key to a good response from LMG is Honesty, Openness, and Acceptance of fault where applicable.

Best Video for people being angry, @LinusTech good video to watch

2 minutes ago, Nathat23 said:

Why couldn't it have been? The only reason not to is for dramatic effect.

Backpack warranty episode already shown that the company is not that receptive on friendly calls.

Mr Burke's job is creating content. He made content with proofs of what was happening. And the answer from LMG was... solid. 

I think that in some way, Burke called LMG. And the whole company heard.

Not English-speaking person, sorry, I'll make mistakes. If you're kind, maybe you'll be able to understand.

If you're really kind, you'll nicely point that out so I will learn more about write in good English.  🙂

49 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Then you shouldn't work at youtube 🙃

usually none of those actual objective channels is successful.  only one i can think of rn is techmoan.

Only other would be mentour pilot,  but he doesn't really "review" products in that sense. 

generally any none consumer "reviews" are useless anyway.  

Lol i don't have the temperament nor the desire to put myself on camera.  
Not familiar with either of those Hardware/monitors unboxed goes fairly deep, GN is generally less dense but no less methodical, no they're not on the same level as LMG...which is kind of the point. 

People with a fraction of the resources and far less reach shouldn't be outpacing you in terms of accurate, unbiased and generally useful information. If you want to build out the "tech junkie" fun time entertainment network, absolutely nothing wrong with that. But don't make a big show about the depth of your investments into lab equipment and pretend that's more important than your methodology and ethics. 

If you suck at playing the guitar, spending $5000 on a Gibson isn't going to make you sound any better. Acting like you're being victimized for being told you still suck just as much on the $5000 Gibson as you did on the $75 Washburn isn't the right response. 

When 4090's started catching fire, GN was there doing the lab testing, calling out the shady tactics of manufactures, when X3D's were exploding they were there doing the lab testing, and calling out the shady tactics of Asus. That's a lot more useful then reporting "oh this is a problem, but _____ promises they're totes on top of it, so don't worry guys"

3 minutes ago, aaradorn said:

Gonna quote my statement? 

What you already forgot it lol? 

4 minutes ago, aaradorn said:

Please only do a mic-drop if it's worthy

So worth it hahaha. 

4 minutes ago, aaradorn said:

shilling for a million dollar

Hahaha omg.

I literally NEVER defended linus's actions, I've just been criticising GN's actions, these are two different things and you need to understand this. 

12 minutes ago, aaradorn said:

making you look like an ever bigger clown

Again devolving into trying and failing to be offensive, which says more about you than it does about me. 

If you were following and comprehending are conversations you would know I haven't been defended linus's actions, but there does seem be be a clown here. 

I sure you are just trolling at this point and I'm satisfied to leave are convo off here, so good luck to you and enjoy your life. 

9 minutes ago, 3m3m said:

Naaa... Then all of this good stuff wouldnt be happening

4 minutes ago, IseeFractals said:

If you suck at playing the guitar, spending $5000 on a Gibson isn't going to make you sound any better. Acting like you're being victimized for being told you still suck just as much on the $5000 Gibson as you did on the $75 Washburn isn't the right response.

This hit me close to home. As a kid trying to play my daddys Gibson SG. I tried for a few months but boy that guitar didnt deserve my chubby non dexterous hands.

Now its a decoration peice.

The visible step is set with the last video, the steps "looks" right. 

Let us see if this can rebuild trust, that is in a period of SHOWING this. 

a decent start. 

I think it is an okay start. now the complexity is to keep "joy and passion". 

It takes hard work, to remove automated responses, and movements, like we have seen in this defense where the communication "SKEWED" towards "selling" a good picture, that was not right, although "written" so there was no "legal errors in it" like the cooler situation, where it was sold in a statement as Reimbursed, with an indication that this was done beforehand but not written.....

But it is a start. but to be honest, this forum, the movement on floatplane, tech Jesus, has pushed them into a corner so this is the ONLY response you could make, if you want to build trust, so right now.. it is just.. a fluff piece..

let us hope this ends up at least improving it. 

and .. thank god for Luke, sorry you seem to be the one that has actually grown with the company. 

10 hours ago, mikaelus said:

On the basis of Steve's line of thinking nobody who took any sponsorship from any tech company should review its products or is in a potential "conflict of interest" with it.

No they shouldn't, and yes it is. No one with integrity would take such a sponsorship in the first place.

5 minutes ago, Shlouski said:

If you were following and comprehending are conversations you would know I haven't been defended linus's actions, but there does seem be be a clown here. 

My insults are not ment to be offensive, should have been very clear once I called you a silly goose.

You are the one "laughing", 99% of the time this indicates you have lost and are trying to look "cool". (remember kids at school fake laughing? Thats how you sound right now)

You can't even quote your claim because it doesn't exist and you are trying to leave the conversation knowing you were wrong but somehow cope it into a "win"? 

You silly billy, you loosy goosy, you melon. You lost the second you posted here.

1 minute ago, EchoBravo498 said:

Naaa... Then all of this good stuff wouldnt be happening

most shit that happens in corporation is something that somebody "pushes under the rug" in a private dialogue, and then in the end it blows up...

this is better for LTT, and LMG.. it is. i also think this can give the CEO a better start, it can also be empty fluff. but to be honest i think Steve gave the RIGHT jolt at the RIGHT time. let see if it has effect.

3 minutes ago, RasmusDC said:

most shit that happens in corporation is something that somebody "pushes under the rug" in a private dialogue, and then in the end it blows up...

this is better for LTT, and LMG.. it is. i also think this can give the CEO a better start, it can also be empty fluff. but to be honest i think Steve gave the RIGHT jolt at the RIGHT time. let see if it has effect.

If there wasn't such a public backlash they would have never changed anything, they needed this.

40 minutes ago, RandomDude843 said:

Is it just me or linus is the only one who sounded defensive on the latest video?

It's not just you. That video was a dozen people trying to fix his mistake, only for him to show up and keep making it.

1 minute ago, RasmusDC said:

Yes, your right. Also, I don't think there is any point in fighting about "who says what's right" on this one. The end is all the same.

LMG has some stuff it needs to do company wise, and it needs to revise themselves. End of story.

I thought the video was "proper" until Linus got on an opened his mouth again and immediately got defensive and making mistakes.  They just need to control and target him to what he's good at.  Let him be an entertainer and let the adults run the process and control the real data.