ROG STRIX B660-I GAMING WIFI adding SSD

Hi

I didnt notice but is there a protective plastic over the M.2_1 slot (Key M), type 2260/2280 ? My build doesnt start at first I got it started I used the cooler from the box i-5 12400f and got extreme heat over 80 degrees at first startup but now it doesnt start at all.

I have remounted the cooloer and noticed that the paste on the cooler looked exactly like from the box, untouched.

Any tips for this rookie ?

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KJPvyg

Most of the coolers have some sort of protective plastic over the thermal paste to keep it protected during shipping. I would check that. Also make sure that you are mounting the cooler evenly on the CPU. On some models, doing this can cause overheating.

The best way to screw down something evenly, such as a CPU cooler, is to go diagonally. So for instance, start in the top left corner and move to the bottom right. Tighten down nearly all the way, but not completely. This helps to seat everything well. Once you have completed this, go to each screw and tighten fully. Obviously, don't go crazy tight on it (we jokingly referred to this as Gorilla Gripping it) as you could break the screw or strip its head.

Kind Regards,

WeTuLo707

Thanks I did remove the stockcooler and it wasnt even close to be attached to the CPU, these weird pop screws I dont like them. I had the Thermalright Peerless Assassin as an extra and after replacing this the temps were down in med 30s for my CPU :)