The Compensation PC

Plouffe

HG Computers decided to go tall instead of wide with their NDT Extreme PC, and despite a few glaring issues it's pretty cool. Ever wondered how small of a footprint you could fit a 4090 in without losing performance? Come check it out!

Check out the NDT Tower PCs from HG Computers: https://lmg.gg/JxfpW

Buy a PNY XLR8 Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 OC Graphics Card: https://geni.us/0sBi

Buy an Intel Core i9-13900 CPU: https://geni.us/D5WEAcK

Buy a HYTE Y60 ATX: https://geni.us/Xbpp

Purchases made through some store links may provide some compensation to Linus Media Group.

Everything about this says to me 1 man company out of a garage.

He could've easily welded a few threaded standoff's and the GPU bracket on the inside and nobody would've been the wiser. If labor costs is an issue, high tack costs next to nothing.. just make sure you clamp down the two pieces, just like any other adhesive, like the one you used.

Wouldn't the real compensation PC be a build using a: Thermaltake Mozart TX?

http://www.thermaltake.co.nz/product/Chassis/fulltower/Mozarttx/ve1000sna.html

╔═════════════╦═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
╠═════════════╬═══════════════════════════════════════════╣
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ memory___________║ CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 ______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║
╚═════════════╩═══════════════════════════════════════════╝

I really like the idea, I think this has a lot of potential. I'm tired of my PC taking up so much space on my desk.

They really should have used screws to attach that front panel though, not only for better security in shipping, but for the DIYers who want to work on their PC themselves. 

Overall I like the idea, I want to see more like this. It might be cool to see a wall-mount version too, or at least something a little more earthquake-proof.

I didn't know the 13900 had 34 cores. (obviously a typo).

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

5 hours ago, nshire said:

I really like the idea, I think this has a lot of potential. I'm tired of my PC taking up so much space on my desk.

They really should have used screws to attach that front panel though, not only for better security in shipping, but for the DIYers who want to work on their PC themselves. 

Overall I like the idea, I want to see more like this. It might be cool to see a wall-mount version too, or at least something a little more earthquake-proof.

This is not the solution though.  We all know the future belongs to powerful SOC's.  X86 or Arm SOC's that will have as much oomph graphically as a 4090.  Tomorrows APU is yesteryear's 3080. 

For most PC's having a giant GPU is the one part that has resisted being integrated .  See the way the mac Pro is built.  Everything on the SOC with PCI slots being just ...the cadilac of flexible IO and storage. 

5 hours ago, Uttamattamakin said:

Aerospace adhesive. Acrylic brackets.  (I'm gonna guess some carbon fiber too). 

Oceangate PC anyone? (Too soon?)

Not too soon. If someone thinks it is let their mind implode.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

I really question why these tiny boutique places don't use 7800X3D chips for gaming ITX builds, not like they get big enough for actual intel kickbacks, and the cooling needed for X3D chips is just so much easier to handle compared with 13900(k) and the gaming performance is either close or ahead.

What a terrible build 😂

Why don't use strong magnets to hold the cover? As a engineer, glue down the cover sounds to me like lazy engineering.

Glue is even used in car frames but is not to hold, but to give structural rigidity before the rivet be placed in, this was the little detail they forgot.

LocostUSA.com • View topic - Epoxy-Bonded Aluminum Chassis

Made In Brazil 🇧🇷

15 minutes ago, TheHolyLancer said:

I really question why these tiny boutique places don't use 7800X3D chips for gaming ITX builds, not like they get big enough for actual intel kickbacks, and the cooling needed for X3D chips is just so much easier to handle compared with 13900(k) and the gaming performance is either close or ahead.

My first DIY in a long time was a nice little ITX build.  Had to move onto it because the Mobo got scrambled by putting a 5700G into it even after the bios upate that was supposed to make it compatible. 

I think many companies shy away from Mini ITX because it doesn't market as well or can be tricky to build in. Trying to cram everything in to a small space is harder than building in a big box. 

Your cameraman is drunk and you waffle on until the 13minute mark before you get to the important stuff.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Acrylic for the bracket I don't think is a bad idea, the cables can take the few mm of wiggle room and the softer bracket may even dampen some vibration and noise.

I'm not sure why glue was used for the back panel AND for the GPU bracket (?) If it's just a prototype I'm pretty sure the technical guys can figure this out. There are a few interesting innovations in case layout there that are worth exploring.

If it was sturdier, you could put a VESA mount and a stronger foot, and use the PC case to VESA mount one of the monitors to the case! I was thinking of a DIY case for my new built that worked just like that, I then elected to use a regular case.

Protip as someone who has spent a significant amount of time making shit with hot glue: never apply it directly to metal because it'll cool off too fast before you put whatever you want onto it.  It's not great on metal in general but apply to the plastic piece first.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

I hope the dude making this goes from hot glue  to magnets. to hold the side panel on. I agree with another poster that the build and or case really come off as a just some a one man show. 

On the subject of compensation, same day I decided to downgrade my rig and recoup some money.  Definitely not needing to compensate for anything.

This post has been ninja-edited while you weren't looking.

I'm a used parts bottom feeder.  Your loss is my gain.

I like people who tell good RGB jokes.

From the thumbnail I actually thought this was going to be some monster 480mm radiator build