LTT store items so expensive??

PcBeExpensive

Why are the LTT store items so expensive? Like $70 for a screwdriver and $250 for a backpack!?!? Why are these things so expensive?

My First PC
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Cooler: Asus TUF Gaming LC240
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-f gaming
RAM: 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RS (3200 MHz, CL16)
Storage: 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
Graphics Card: Asus Dual RTX 2060 OC
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Pro Mini (Speed Silver switches)
Mouse: Razer Viper Mini
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

1 minute ago, Caroline said:

Like with Apple, you're paying for the brand, not the product.

You can get a whole set of screwdrivers for that much money, and probably like 10 backpacks for the price of the LTT one.

I disagree with this. Quality takes time and money, and those are not simple products to produce, especially for a smaller team like LMG (compared to Apple).

Along with RnD and the price of materials, you are supporting the LMG, so that's always nice.

The worst thing about LTT Store is transcontinental shipping, but that's a whole other can of worms.

>> Please consider tagging me (with a @) or quoting my reply so I can more easily get back at you! <<

Always happy to help!! 🤠

46 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Like with Apple, you're paying for the brand, not the product.

You can get a whole set of screwdrivers for that much money, and probably like 10 backpacks for the price of the LTT one.

Why would you buy a $250 backpack though? Like thats stupid. They need to lower there prices.

My First PC
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

54 minutes ago, PcBeExpensive said:

Why would you buy a $250 backpack though? Like thats stupid. They need to lower there prices.

It's a high-quality, luxury product. Are you asking why luxury products exist? 

Why would anyone pay $500 for a Coach purse? I can get a purse for $15 at my local Wal-mart. Like that's stupid .Coach needs to lower their prices. 

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

44 minutes ago, Skipple said:

It's a high-quality, luxury product. Are you asking why luxury products exist? 

Why would anyone pay $500 for a Coach purse? I can get a purse for $15 at my local Wal-mart. Like that's stupid .Coach needs to lower their prices. 

how is there backpack a luxury product? Coach is a proper luxury brand and there purses and stuff are made with proper expensive stuff. That backpack is by no means luxury.

My First PC

1 hour ago, Caroline said:

I dunno, I wouldn't. But if you have money to burn I suppose you could.

Like, why would you spend 250 grand to go see an old shipwreck? and die. Only those who do it can answer, well, not in that case in particular but hey, you get it.

Buying a backpack and seeing the titanic are two very different things.

My First PC

3 hours ago, PcBeExpensive said:

Why are the LTT store items so expensive? Like $70 for a screwdriver and $250 for a backpack!?!? Why are these things so expensive?

Good Things Be Expensive.

2 minutes ago, ToboRobot said:

Good Things Be Expensive.

It's a backpack? Whats so good about it that it costs $250? I could get a better backpack for cheaper.

My First PC

7 minutes ago, PcBeExpensive said:

Coach [...] purses and stuff are made with proper expensive stuff.

Highly debatable. 

7 minutes ago, PcBeExpensive said:

That backpack is by no means luxury.

On what basis? 

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

2 minutes ago, PcBeExpensive said:

It's a backpack? Whats so good about it that it costs $250? I could get a better backpack for cheaper.

Yes, backpack.
Good design, and materials, made by good people.  The product page highlights the features which some people greatly value, like protection for electronics which can have a value of over $250.
You could also get one for a similar price or more as well.  Or you can get a sewing machine and materials and make one yourself.

16 minutes ago, ToboRobot said:

Yes, backpack.
Good design, and materials, made by good people.  The product page highlights the features which some people greatly value, like protection for electronics which can have a value of over $250.
You could also get one for a similar price or more as well.  Or you can get a sewing machine and materials and make one yourself.

WDYM by made by good people!?!?!? You can still get cheaper backpacks with those same features.

My First PC

22 minutes ago, PcBeExpensive said:

Or you can get one with a Gucci logo on it for 10x as much.

21 minutes ago, Skipple said:

Highly debatable. 

On what basis? 

Coach purses have leather? By luxury i mean like nice and stuff like that.

My First PC

26 minutes ago, PcBeExpensive said:

Well buy that cheaper backpack then.  This argument is the equivalent of saying why buy a Samsung s23 ultra for $2000 when I can get a Nokia C02 for $165. Yes they are both android phones but they have wildly different specs and builds to each other.

I have the LTT backpack and while it is on the more expensive side of backpack world, for it is worth it and I would buy it again.

Build quality has been excellent, it holds everything I need for my day, the layout works well for me and it's one of the most comfortable backpacks for long times wearing that I have used. Although this is my personal experience and may not apply to others.

I'm also fine with paying a little extra to be able to support a youtube company which has provided me with literal weeks of free content to keep me entertained.

1 minute ago, Erioch said:

Or you can get one with a Gucci logo on it for 10x as much.

yeah obviously you can, but gucci use stuff like leather and stuff, this ltt backpack isnt like amazing using expensive materials and stuff like that.

My First PC

1 minute ago, PcBeExpensive said:

yeah obviously you can, but gucci use stuff like leather and stuff, this ltt backpack isnt like amazing using expensive materials and stuff like that.

Some leather and canvas.

"'This Gucci backpack is the best of everything. It’s crafted with brown leather trims and designed with the signature GG Supreme canvas and an interlocking G patch for a logo-driven yet classic look. Size-wise, it’s roomy enough to hold essentials such as a phone, keys, a wallet, and a book or an iPad.

Price at time of publish: $2,250"

Just now, PcBeExpensive said:

ltt backpack isnt like amazing using expensive materials and stuff like that

I'm understanding now. Your impression of quality is leather = good. Anything else = bad. Not expensive. 

ask me about my homelab

2 minutes ago, DeltaBruggemann said:

Well buy that backpack then.  This argument is the equivalent of saying why buy a Samsung s23 ultra for $2000 when I can get a Nokia C02 for $165. Yes they are both android phones but they have wildly different specs and builds to each other.

I have the LTT backpack and while it is on the more expensive side of backpack world, for it is worth it and I would buy it again.

Build quality has been excellent, it holds everything I need for my day, the layout works well for me and it's one of the most comfortable backpacks for long times wearing that I have used. Although this is my personal experience and may not apply to others.

I'm also fine with paying a little extra to be able to support a youtube company which has provided me with literal weeks of free content to keep me entertained.

Yeah understandable but my point is theres no reason to buy such an expensive bag for me atleast. My $20 nike bag does the exact same, pretty good build quality and it holds everything i need. It's also pretty comfortable to wear.

My First PC

2 minutes ago, Skipple said:

I'm understanding now. Your impression of quality is leather = good. Anything else = bad. Not expensive. 

nah but isnt leather like really expensive? Also I don't own any leather things and would never buy Gucci or Coach.

My First PC

3 minutes ago, Erioch said:

Some leather and canvas.

"'This Gucci backpack is the best of everything. It’s crafted with brown leather trims and designed with the signature GG Supreme canvas and an interlocking G patch for a logo-driven yet classic look. Size-wise, it’s roomy enough to hold essentials such as a phone, keys, a wallet, and a book or an iPad.

Price at time of publish: $2,250"

Look, I also believe these 'luxury' clothing/accessory brands like gucci or coach is a waste of money.

My First PC

3 minutes ago, PcBeExpensive said:

My $20 nike bag does the exact same, pretty good build quality and it holds everything i need.

Then why create this thread at all? 

People prefer to have a backpack that's expertly crafted, and will pay a premium for it. 

You prefer your $20 Nike backpack, that you already own and currently fits your needs. 

ask me about my homelab

4 minutes ago, PcBeExpensive said:

Look, I also believe these 'luxury' clothing/accessory brands like gucci or coach is a waste of money.

I guess I don't understand the point of this thread.  Yes, there are things that are expensive.  Sometimes it's because of quality and sometimes it's because of branding.  You are under no obligation to purchase any of those items.

I think it's stupid to pay thousands of dollars for a purse but I don't go to their stores and demand to know why they cost that much.

4 minutes ago, PcBeExpensive said:

Yeah understandable but my point is theres no reason to buy such an expensive bag for me atleast. My $20 nike bag does the exact same, pretty good build quality and it holds everything i need. It's also pretty comfortable to wear.

That great for you then if a $20 bag works for you but that's extremely cheap in the backpack world. If you look at respected hiking brands such as Patagonia or Osprey or photography brands such as LowePro and Moment, they have multiple lines of backpacks that start well above the $250usd mark just so you are aware.

Just now, Caroline said:

Wait until you hear about $50-100k purses politicians in my country buy for their wives in Italy

Money laundering goes brrrrrrrrr

the actual fuck??? 100k purses, gold diggers.

My First PC

Just now, DeltaBruggemann said:

That great for you then if a $20 bag works for you but that's extremely cheap in the backpack world. If you look at respected hiking brands such as Patagonia or Osprey or photography brands such as LowePro and Moment, they have multiple lines of backpacks that start well above the $250usd mark just so you are aware.

Yeah but like hiking bags are very good backs, waterproof and made with strong durable materials. Not like fabric or whatever the LTT bag is made out of.

My First PC