LTT store items so expensive??

PcBeExpensive
14 minutes ago, PcBeExpensive said:

with vehicles how well the driver maintains the car, if the driver gets it serviced when it needs to, if the drivers gets into lots of accidents etc.

Like how well a bag is treated, if it gets dragged on pavement, if the bag gets washed?  Any product has variable treatment by the users.  Some people treat cars or backpacks well, others abuse them.

14 minutes ago, PcBeExpensive said:

the 4060 and 4090 have a huge difference, I DO UNDERSTAND THE LOGIC!! I'm just saying there are much cheaper bags out there that have similar or the same.

According to who?

Some people check email and play minesweeper and wouldn't see a difference between the two graphics cards.

Some people put 2 laptops, and a bunch of tech gear in a backpack and can tell the difference between a $250 tech focused backpack and a $20 bag.

Some people can tell the difference between a BMW and a Honda on a racetrack, but some people that drive from point A to point B don't care!

7 minutes ago, ToboRobot said:

According to who?

Some people check email and play minesweeper and wouldn't see a difference between the two graphics cards.

Some people put 2 laptops, and a bunch of tech gear in a backpack and can tell the difference between a $250 tech focused backpack and a $20 bag.

Some people can tell the difference between a BMW and a Honda on a racetrack, but some people that drive from point A to point B don't care!

understood so what your saying is this is all opinion based?

My First PC
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Cooler: Asus TUF Gaming LC240
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-f gaming
RAM: 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RS (3200 MHz, CL16)
Storage: 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
Graphics Card: Asus Dual RTX 2060 OC
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Pro Mini (Speed Silver switches)
Mouse: Razer Viper Mini
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

14 minutes ago, ToboRobot said:

Like how well a bag is treated, if it gets dragged on pavement, if the bag gets washed?  Any product has variable treatment by the users.  Some people treat cars or backpacks well, others abuse them.

yeah. thats what I mean. BTW from now on im just not gonna reply.

My First PC
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

2 hours ago, PcBeExpensive said:

understood so what your saying is this is all opinion based?

Value will always be subjective. There are very few things that are valued on an objective level. What one person finds value in, another will not. And that's fine. That's the way things should be. That's what makes economies. 

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

Oh he woke up? Lol. Dude seriously, go back read each post individually read and take 5 minutes per post to think about what has been said. Do your own research at this point. I think the rest of us in this thread who have done 2 seconds of googling and keep trying to bring you back down to earth have put more actual effort than you have into this, I personally have posted 3 arguments that poke holes in what you have said, ToboRobot and tkitch have put in even more effort than I.  Take a class in basic materials engineering, or even watch a YouTube video. You need to learn more about materials, comfort, economics of scale, statistics. All of these subjects if you had some knowledge in would help to come to similar conclusion as the rest of us.

11 hours ago, PcBeExpensive said:

I'm just saying there are much cheaper bags out there that have similar or the same.

Still you did not present even one example of a bag that is similar or the same as the ltt one at much lower price...

Your whole argument fits dangerously close to pre-teen child's fit...

"Why I am right? Because!!!"

And talking about BMW cars - I personally know 3 owners that are currently in legal dispute with manufacturer, because their shiny 2-3 year old cars are starting to show rust at some elements...

2 minutes ago, MarkPol88 said:

Still you did not present even one example of a bag that is similar or the same as the ltt one at much lower price...

Your whole argument fits dangerously close to pre-teen child's fit...

"Why I am right? Because!!!"

And talking about BMW cars - I personally know 3 owners that are currently in legal dispute with manufacturer, because their shiny 2-3 year old cars are starting to show rust at some elements...

My fucking $20 bag? Multiple times I have stated that, maybe do something called reading before commenting?

My First PC

7 minutes ago, PcBeExpensive said:

My fucking $20 bag? Multiple times I have stated that, maybe do something called reading before commenting?

As as said, you did not present any proof that even that "20$ bag" exist...

Maybe read better yourself?

1 hour ago, MarkPol88 said:

As as said, you did not present any proof that even that "20$ bag" exist...

Maybe read better yourself?

what proof do you want?

My First PC

Anything at this point - model number, pics or web page.

If you really have backpack that costs 20$ and have all the functions and quality of the ltt backpack, I might order one for myself.

Right now I will absolutely ignore fact that you said you payed for it 20$ in outlet, so probably "new" was worth more at the time.

Or, you know, admit that whole topic is a troll way of gaining attention, because it looks that way more and more.

58 minutes ago, MarkPol88 said:

Anything at this point - model number, pics or web page.

If you really have backpack that costs 20$ and have all the functions and quality of the ltt backpack, I might order one for myself.

Right now I will absolutely ignore fact that you said you payed for it 20$ in outlet, so probably "new" was worth more at the time.

Or, you know, admit that whole topic is a troll way of gaining attention, because it looks that way more and more.

Theres no product page, probably because its a retired product, I did get this bag back in like 2020 too. Is there a way of finding model numbers on nike bags?

My First PC

1 hour ago, PcBeExpensive said:

Theres no product page, probably because its a retired product, I did get this bag back in like 2020 too. Is there a way of finding model numbers on nike bags?

A photo of the bag, any tags on/in it.  At this point anything.  the wayback machiene is a thing that exists if the bag is from 2020.  

15 hours ago, PcBeExpensive said:

with vehicles how well the driver maintains the car, if the driver gets it serviced when it needs to, if the drivers gets into lots of accidents etc.

Again, all stuff we can account for with statistics.

Ok I just read this thread start to finish, Im not gonna comment on every post in here I disagree with as its kind of beating a dead horse but at one point in time the OP stated he is 14. A 14 year old 99% of the time would never see the value in a $250 bag, your life style wouldn't dictate a bag like that. And you definitely at that age should not be spending that much on a backpack. But just because you cant justify that price based on your life style doesnt mean others cant.

When you compare things like build quality your Nike bag is not in the same league. Id put money on the fact that if I wanted to rip the straps off your bag with my bare hands I could, I wouldnt say the same about the LTT bag. You yourself said your bag had plastic buckles, that is a far cry from metal. The protection offered by the padding and the layout of the LTT bag will not be the same as your nike bag I bet, the LTT one will be better. I mean im obviously making some educated guesses here but if you find a picture of your bag online that you can link us to that would certainly help.

But its also kind of irrelevant because lets say you did find and amazing bag at $20 at the outlet store that offered the EXACT same quality and features as the LTT bag, that would only prove you found an amazing bag because a simple browse through Amazon at backpacks will show you that that $20 price point does not inherently have bags of the same quality. 

Also on your car point, as someone that has been professionally working on cars for 23 years ill say this about BMW, they arent reliable, they are overpriced, they dont hold value and in general should be used as lease vehicles and once they are out of warranty should never be held on to unless you can maintain them yourself and have  a hook up on parts cause you are gonna need a lot of them. The amount of kids I have come into my shop with mid 2000s-2010 BMW that have problems and they cant afford to fix them would make your head spin, but why do they have them, cause they were "cheap" compared to the price they were when they were new and the kids didnt stop to question why they are so cheap

On 6/26/2023 at 1:36 AM, Caroline said:

Like with Apple, you're paying for the brand, not the product.

You can get a whole set of screwdrivers for that much money, and probably like 10 backpacks for the price of the LTT one.

Did you try these two products?

I've got both.
Additionally I've got the 40€ Wera ratcheting screwdriver and it's worse in every way. Grip feels werid, backforce is horrendeous compared to the LTT one, the shaft is 6 sided and uncomfortable and it holds 6 bits compared to 12. 
The 30$ upcharge are way worth it.
You can watch project farms video, too. It's one of the best ratcheting screwdrivers out there and not the most expensive one.

I wrote a whole paragraph about the backpack, too but pressed some weird shortcut to submit/reload the page twice. 
I won't bother to rewrite it. Sorry.
TL;DR: It's worth 250$ for me, even though that is by far the most expensive backpack I ever bought.

And ofc, there is an LTT tax. They've got really great customer service (which costs a lot of money) and they can afford to take higher margins than one of the 50 chinese backpack sellers on Amazon.
(regarding the Backpack, they mentioned it costs well into 3 digits to get it shipped to canada)

10 hours ago, Ravendarat said:

at one point in time the OP stated he is 14.

I read the first page and then skipped to this page.  Thanks for the context.  After page one, I was operating under the impression of "drunk trolling".  I actually feel better about the OP being 14 because I've been there (a VERY long time ago).  At that age it definitely is hard to embrace other viewpoints because of all the other growth/development things you're caught up in.

To OP:  It's okay to have your opinion and to state why you have that opinion.  However, when it comes to matters of opinion (NOT fact), it's not okay to try to invalidate other people's view points.

On 6/25/2023 at 10:25 PM, PcBeExpensive said:

It's a backpack? Whats so good about it that it costs $250? I could get a better backpack for cheaper.

Its a premium quality tech focused backpack. I have one, and you can tell it was designed by someone who actually carries technology. I have spent many hundreds of dollars trying to find the one back that can carry all my tech that I carry on a daily basis. This is my current carry, as well as my favorite bag I've ever carried. Sure, the price is high, but I think its worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

I skimmed through the thread and haven't found anyone pointing it out, so here is my take:

20$ for a Nike bag sounds like a sweatshop product. If one doesn't care about ethics, or environmental impact for that matter, one can often get a cheaper product. 

If I recall correctly, LMG does put some effort into it not being made through exploitation and poor working conditions. 

mITX is awesome! I regret nothing (apart from when picking parts or have to do maintainance *cough*cough*)

OP's name is "PCBeExpensive" 

If you go to the store and read the description, time, money and dedication made the bag. There's a lot of "nice stuff" here. But this whole argument is moot, because everything ultimately subjective to preference and budget and use case.

Subjectively, by your standards nothing on this bag is nice. 
Objectively, someone who may need to carry multiple laptops or tablets including other things. It may be worthwhile, 

Want a cheaper bag? Buy a cheaper bag. LMG feels the bag is worth 250 bucks because they
A. Paid a team of people to engineer, design and test it.
B. Dont pay people borderline nothing to make it.
C. Because its their business and they can price things to whatever they want. 

Products like Gucci and Coach are ridiculous examples, because often time theyre junk. 
Luxotica, for example makes 80% of the worlds eyewear, like Ray-Ban and Oakley a pair of Raybans are $180 dollars. Build quality is okay, but cost to manufacture? 10$ Nothing overly nice about it.

This whole post is pointless, im not sure why I responded other than that Im aggrivated by it. I dont expect this to change your mind, obviously the bag doesnt meet your budgetary needs and thats okay. You've got a $20 Nike bag, the rest of us will have LTT merch. 

5 hours ago, DeerDK said:

I skimmed through the thread and haven't found anyone pointing it out, so here is my take:

20$ for a Nike bag sounds like a sweatshop product. If one doesn't care about ethics, or environmental impact for that matter, one can often get a cheaper product. 

If I recall correctly, LMG does put some effort into it not being made through exploitation and poor working conditions. 

this is a dead thread...

My First PC

56 minutes ago, PcBeExpensive said:

this is a dead thread...

My bad. Doesn't change my point though. 

mITX is awesome! I regret nothing (apart from when picking parts or have to do maintainance *cough*cough*)

9 hours ago, DeerDK said:

My bad. Doesn't change my point though. 

i didnt really read you post tbh

My First PC

3 hours ago, PcBeExpensive said:

i didnt really read you post tbh

Perhaps, if someone took the time and effort to respond to a treas you created, you should. Insulting.

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.