LTT store items so expensive??

PcBeExpensive
1 minute ago, PcBeExpensive said:

waterproof and made with strong durable materials

The LTT backpack is both waterproof and made from durable materials. 

1 minute ago, PcBeExpensive said:

Not like fabric or whatever the LTT bag is made out of.

My brother in Christ:

image.png.d387b3a1702fbe68ee51414ad93ac455.png

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

Just now, Skipple said:

The LTT backpack is both waterproof and made from durable materials. 

My brother in Christ:

image.png.d387b3a1702fbe68ee51414ad93ac455.png

ACTUALLY MY BAD I DIDN'T KNOW. SORRY. But like still I would't pay $250 for that, doesn't look like it has a great amount of space.

My First PC
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Cooler: Asus TUF Gaming LC240
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-f gaming
RAM: 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RS (3200 MHz, CL16)
Storage: 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
Graphics Card: Asus Dual RTX 2060 OC
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Pro Mini (Speed Silver switches)
Mouse: Razer Viper Mini
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

1 hour ago, Caroline said:

I doubt they really use them, it's more a thing done to move money in a somewhat legal way.

On topic, for something made out of garbage bags or fishing nets $250 is simply too much. Using cheap materials is not something to boast about, if we ignore the greenwashing of course. At least for me.

So you mean they buy the purses then sell them as a way to move money without looking suspicious? What do you mean by 'On topic, for something made out of garbage bags or fishing nets $250 is simply too much. Using cheap materials is not something to boast about, if we ignore the greenwashing of course. At least for me.'

My First PC
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

1 hour ago, Skipple said:

25.5L internal , 35L external

wdym by 35L external? Also an Anaconda hiking bag for about $80 cheaper has 65L capacity.

My First PC

8 hours ago, PcBeExpensive said:

WDYM by made by good people!?!?!? You can still get cheaper backpacks with those same features.

LMG seems like a good group of people and they seem focused on not working with factories that exploit their workers, so buying a higher quality and priced product you support the team that makes LTT content and not supporting terrible labour practices, and for some people morals and ethics are worth paying for.

Yes, you can get cheaper products with similar features, but are they of the same quality?

Think about cars.  Honda and BMW both make sedans.  They have wheels and can drive you to work. 

OMG WHY DOES THE GERMAN CAR COST SO MUCH MORE, THEY BOTH ARE 4 WHEEL CARS, IT'S THE SAME THING. 

Stuff Be Expensive.

6 hours ago, PcBeExpensive said:

wdym by 35L external? Also an Anaconda hiking bag for about $80 cheaper has 65L capacity.

The volume of space a container takes up vs the volume of space within a container.

Yeah OP, it's just a matter of personal preference. I happen to agree with you about a backpack in general. But for every backpack (to me), there's no doubt some item I would pay a premium on, and others wouldn't. 

I bought the Elite 1, and the Elite 2 Xbox controller. Many people think it's a crazy price to pay, but to me it's worth it.

There are even some items I've changed my mind on. I thought anyone who spent more than $50 on a keyboard was nuts. Then when I experienced the right one, I (against all odds) paid over $200 for one. My wife thinks I'm a madman.

I might be biggest fan of VR I know, but I think the Apple headset is crazy. No doubt there are many who will not hesitate to buy it.

There are premium products in all categories. Sometimes what you get for the money is more clear... other times you need to be a real enthusiast to know the difference, and yes sometimes there's hardly a difference at all. Such is life. All you can do is buy what you want.

Edit: Oh, and while as far as I understand, LTT stuff is very good quality, there is also the fact that you just want to support a creator who provides content too. This aspect shouldn't be totally overlooked. 

51 minutes ago, ToboRobot said:

LMG seems like a good group of people and they seem focused on not working with factories that exploit their workers, so buying a higher quality and priced product you support the team that makes LTT content and not supporting terrible labour practices, and for some people morals and ethics are worth paying for.

Yes, you can get cheaper products with similar features, but are they of the same quality?

Think about cars.  Honda and BMW both make sedans.  They have wheels and can drive you to work. 

OMG WHY DOES THE GERMAN CAR COST SO MUCH MORE, THEY BOTH ARE 4 WHEEL CARS, IT'S THE SAME THING. 

Stuff Be Expensive.

Yeah, the german car used better materials generally has a better engine, looks a whole lot nicer and is has way more features.

My First PC

10 hours ago, PcBeExpensive said:

Well, and Frakta from Ikea is about $249 cheaper and has 71 L capacity. 

The LTT backpack has lots of internal organisation stuff, which deducts capacity and also costs more to produce that just an empty sack. And it is really good, if you like that kind of stuff. And if you prefer large open space (like I do), then some other backpack is much better. 

The LTT backpack has more features than my Ospreys. It has laptop sleeve, tablet sleeve, multiple pockets, water bottle holder, sturdy design, rfid blocking features, sunglass pocket, luggage strap etc. My Ospreys have none of those. Would I switch to LTT backpack? No, I wouldn't. It doesn't have hip strap or reservoir pocket or large enough main space. All those are far more important for me. That doesn't make the backpack bad or overpriced to someone else. It is all about personal preference. What are important factors for you and how much are you ready to pay for them. The backpack has been really popular, so there have been people who think it is worth of the price for them. It doesn't have to be right for you. There are multitude of other backpacks to choose from. 

Also, recyled polyester isn't really cheap or bad material. It can be, but it can be also excelent quality. It solely depends on the fabric used. Also other manufacturers use it, eg. Osprey (which is very reputable backpack brand) uses recycled polyester in their backpacks. I have not held LTT backpack in my hands, so I cannot compare its quality, but being recycled polyester won't make it bad product. 

3 hours ago, PcBeExpensive said:

Yeah, the german car used better materials generally has a better engine, looks a whole lot nicer and is has way more features.

But it still just takes you from point A to point B. 

Your backpack logic applied to cars, would mean a German car is a waste of money because you could get a cheaper Honda.  They both have engines, they both look like sedans, etc. 

Perhaps you are more familiar with a spectrum of quality in cars having experienced a cheap economy car and a luxury car, but haven't had the same experience to compare a budget backpack to a high quality one?  Maybe you haven't used a bag with well thought out pockets, or shoulder straps that are comfortable?

15 hours ago, PcBeExpensive said:

Why would you buy a $250 backpack though? Like thats stupid. They need to lower there prices.

Small production runs (especially if you compare them to someone like Jansport who builds hundreds of thousands of shitty backpacks every year,) higher quality materials, more complicated builds (stronger sewing designs and pockets within pockets,) and the like all attribute to a higher final cost. I have no doubt they're making a healthy profit on each one but they're definitely more expensive to build and ship here then you likely realize.

As for who buys them... Well, I'm one and it's the second cheapest backpack I own. I'm someone who follows the buy once, cry once matra. I prefer to buy stuff that will last and (so far, at least) LTT's products seem to fall under that ideology.

Yes, there are cheaper products out there that will do the job but most of the cheaper options will likely fail at critical build points long before a higher quality one will.

Server - 10850K   |   Daily - 12700k  |  Gaming - Steam Deck

20 hours ago, PcBeExpensive said:

Why are the LTT store items so expensive? Like $70 for a screwdriver and $250 for a backpack!?!? Why are these things so expensive?

You get what you pay for, depending on what you do cheap bags don't last long. Where i work they send out emails about backpacks normally twice a year. With all of the site visits and going through airports they don't tend to last long. As far as tools I could easily go to Harbor Freight and get a cheap set but those don't last and finding a good ratcheting screwdriver is difficult. You really should check out  project farms video on the screw driver. For what your getting their products are fairly priced, it's the shipping that normally keeps me from buying stuff more often so I normally wait till I have a few items. The shirts, water bottles and even the woman's undergarments are fairly priced and great quality. I am happy to go to walmart and buy cheap shirts to use as beater shirts but just as far as daily comfortable shirts they are hard to beat for the money. They have become my favorite shirts other then my FSM shirts but they are almost twice the price. It really comes down to you and how you value it, I used to be happy buying the $5 shirts or dirt cheap tools but not that I have gotten fortunate enough to have a little bit more income I am much a happier paying a bit extra for better quality things as long as it is justifiable 

16 hours ago, PcBeExpensive said:

So you mean they buy the purses then sell them as a way to move money without looking suspicious? What do you mean by 'On topic, for something made out of garbage bags or fishing nets $250 is simply too much. Using cheap materials is not something to boast about, if we ignore the greenwashing of course. At least for me.'

*looks at user* "I may get answers wrong"

You may also get the entire suppositions of your posts wrong.

First:  There have been multiple independent reviews of the LTT Screwdriver vs other drivers.  It went toe to toe with other drivers that are in the 50-150$ range.  It costs 70 bucks, cuz it's not a cheap object.  LTT Literally spent 3 years researching it and getting it to their demanding requirements.  

Second:  250$ Backpacks exist.  They existed before LTT ever made one, lol.

https://www.goruck.com/products/gr2?variant=39317725249636&currency=USD

I don't know the brand (I've never followed backpacks) but it's 400 bucks on it's own for a 26L Backpack, which is clearly a lot more than the LTT Pack.

The people I've heard of with the backpack have generally been very happy with it, so I'd say that's a positive.  

Just because a product exists doesn't mean it needs to be made for you.  Clearly these are not.

I can afford the backpack, but I'm not interested, therefore I'm not the target audience. I am, however, very tempted by the screwdriver.  I kinda want one of those.  

So, yes, they're expensive, but that's life sometimes.  Deal with it. 

6 hours ago, ToboRobot said:

But it still just takes you from point A to point B. 

Your backpack logic applied to cars, would mean a German car is a waste of money because you could get a cheaper Honda.  They both have engines, they both look like sedans, etc. 

Perhaps you are more familiar with a spectrum of quality in cars having experienced a cheap economy car and a luxury car, but haven't had the same experience to compare a budget backpack to a high quality one?  Maybe you haven't used a bag with well thought out pockets, or shoulder straps that are comfortable?

well my current backpack has all those, but BMW cars have much much better engines, quality of products, quality of the vehicle and more features. That is why the BMW costs more, because the Honda is just a plain basic car with no features, the BMW is not that.

My First PC

37 minutes ago, tkitch said:

*looks at user* "I may get answers wrong"

You may also get the entire suppositions of your posts wrong.

First:  There have been multiple independent reviews of the LTT Screwdriver vs other drivers.  It went toe to toe with other drivers that are in the 50-150$ range.  It costs 70 bucks, cuz it's not a cheap object.  LTT Literally spent 3 years researching it and getting it to their demanding requirements.  

Second:  250$ Backpacks exist.  They existed before LTT ever made one, lol.

https://www.goruck.com/products/gr2?variant=39317725249636&currency=USD

I don't know the brand (I've never followed backpacks) but it's 400 bucks on it's own for a 26L Backpack, which is clearly a lot more than the LTT Pack.

The people I've heard of with the backpack have generally been very happy with it, so I'd say that's a positive.  

Just because a product exists doesn't mean it needs to be made for you.  Clearly these are not.

I can afford the backpack, but I'm not interested, therefore I'm not the target audience. I am, however, very tempted by the screwdriver.  I kinda want one of those.  

So, yes, they're expensive, but that's life sometimes.  Deal with it. 

Yeah the screwdriver is worth it, thats a pretty nice screwdriver but i dont uunderstand why people want to buy a $250 bag!?!? To me thats just crazy, it may also be because im 14 and have like no money.

My First PC

LTT made a very good ratcheting screwdriver.  The problem is that it's $70 and I bought a Black&Decker electric screwdriver on Amazon for $24, and it has lasted me years so far, and even helped me thread lug nuts on my car.

There is a very small group of sane people that need that $70 ratcheting screwdriver over a $20 one, or a similarly priced electric one.  But, sane isn't what brings money.

This post has been ninja-edited while you weren't looking.

I'm a used parts bottom feeder.  Your loss is my gain.

I like people who tell good RGB jokes.

9 minutes ago, PcBeExpensive said:

Yeah the screwdriver is worth it, thats a pretty nice screwdriver but i dont uunderstand why people want to buy a $250 bag!?!? To me thats just crazy, it may also be because im 14 and have like no money.

well, my backpack was cheaper than the LTT, and has a lot of the same features. I commute about 5 hours a day & carrying a 16" laptop, tablet, water bottle, various papers, hoodie, and cables. has absolutely wrecked my shoulders, the bag was cheap its features are great but it's terrible in terms of proper support when you put that much weight in it. so spending 250$ for a bag doesn't sound that crazy if it provides proper support so I don't hurt my shoulders in the long term.

anytime you spend money on something, if there is a cheaper alternative. remember someone will wonder why you would want to spend that much money on it. candy, cars, clothes, shoes, jewelry, games, consoles, computers & so on.

25 minutes ago, PcBeExpensive said:

well my current backpack has all those, but BMW cars have much much better engines, quality of products, quality of the vehicle and more features. That is why the BMW costs more, because the Honda is just a plain basic car with no features, the BMW is not that.

2 cars can have the same features, doesn't mean they are the same quality.

27 minutes ago, PcBeExpensive said:

well my current backpack has all those

cool my phone has a camera doesn't mean its comparable to a brand new google pixel or iPhone camera. seeing as you talked about the cars & why it costs more. you clearly understand the concept, so apply that logic to any other product & ur question has been answered. 

High chance of message being edited, mostly to add clarification or fix typos.

9 minutes ago, Razercake said:

well, my backpack was cheaper than the LTT, and has a lot of the same features. I commute about 5 hours a day & carrying a 16" laptop, tablet, water bottle, various papers, hoodie, and cables. has absolutely wrecked my shoulders, the bag was cheap its features are great but it's terrible in terms of proper support when you put that much weight in it. so spending 250$ for a bag doesn't sound that crazy if it provides proper support so I don't hurt my shoulders in the long term.

anytime you spend money on something, if there is a cheaper alternative. remember someone will wonder why you would want to spend that much money on it. candy, cars, clothes, shoes, jewelry, games, consoles, computers & so on.

2 cars can have the same features, doesn't mean they are the same quality.

cool my phone has a camera doesn't mean its comparable to a brand new google pixel or iPhone camera. seeing as you talked about the cars & why it costs more. you clearly understand the concept, so apply that logic to any other product & ur question has been answered. 

Yeah i guess but what im saying that there are cheaper bags that do everything the ltt bag does, my like $20 bag has great support even we piling everything I need for school which is multiple books, a chromebook, full 600ml metal water bottle and random other things.

My First PC

26 minutes ago, PcBeExpensive said:

Yeah i guess but what im saying that there are cheaper bags that do everything the ltt bag does

I'm just going to use your own quote

1 hour ago, PcBeExpensive said:

but BMW cars have much much better engines, quality of products, quality of the vehicle and more features. That is why the BMW costs more, because the Honda is just a plain basic car with no features, the BMW is not that.

👆 you explained it yourself, this logic doesn't just apply to cars it applies to any product.

High chance of message being edited, mostly to add clarification or fix typos.

2 minutes ago, Razercake said:

I'm just going to use your own quote

👆 you explained it yourself, this logic doesn't just apply to cars it applies to any product.

what im saying wwith that thing tho is that a bmw has better quality, better engine, more features. My $20 has everything the LTT bag has.

My First PC

5 minutes ago, PcBeExpensive said:

what im saying wwith that thing tho is that a bmw has better quality, better engine, more features. My $20 has everything the LTT bag has.

Have you directly compared the two, or are you making assumptions?

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

2 hours ago, PcBeExpensive said:

It's expensive for two reasons:

1.) It's not designed to be affordable, Linus himself has said that it's designed to be a "buy it once and never again" type purchase. Many people will buy probably at least several different backpacks/bags in their lifetime or so just due to the nature of cheap bags, but their whole pitch with the backpack is it's meant to last for a very, VERY long time. It's why it comes with a Limited Lifetime Warranty. It may be expensive for you specifically, but if you commute a bunch or are a university/school student (or both) then having a backpack that just works and will continue to work may be worth it to many. Also theoretically it could save you money since, as stated earlier, instead of buying a dozen backpacks which will fall apart in a year, spending the price of 7 backpacks for one that will last "forever" could save you money in the long run, though obviously that's kinda speculative.

2.) They're priced in such a way that they will make profit, they're not just a YouTube channel, they're a company with over 100 employees which have expensive salaries and benefits which need paying for, not to mention the new LTT Labs which is in production which is costing LMG an absolute bucket load of money to make, and that's all not including insurance, rent for buildings, paying for Support Staff for LTTstore.com (yes, the people you talk to when you have an issue need to be paid) among loads of other unseen things.

There's also the reasoning that people just like LTT's content and would give them money anyways through donations or whatever so getting a sick backpack out of it is a win-win situation for both parties. If you're happy with your cheap bag that's great for you, but I'm betting it'll fall apart in a few years and you will have to spend more money to get another bag, continuing the cycle lol.

Keep in mind that I am sometimes wrong, so please correct me if you believe this is the case!

"The Nvidia Geforce RTX 3050 is brutally underrated"

1 hour ago, Needfuldoer said:

Have you directly compared the two, or are you making assumptions?

Yeah I have compared the two.

My First PC