LTT store items so expensive??

PcBeExpensive
1 hour ago, GeoStellar said:

I've got 2, they are fantastic and worth the price.  They do everything it says on the box.  I have machine washed it before, but its really not that hard to wash, bit of dish soap bit of hot water, shake it up, bobs your uncle its washed.

Okay, good to know, my two swell bottles have spent a good number of years getting hit but are a bit of a pain to hand clean some of the parts. So the $10 off for random bottles seems like a not bad deal.

2 hours ago, Ultraforce said:

Okay, good to know, my two swell bottles have spent a good number of years getting hit but are a bit of a pain to hand clean some of the parts. So the $10 off for random bottles seems like a not bad deal.

Spend the extra 5$ for the spout lid if you go that route, if your like me and have issues drinking with bottles that have a wide opening, you will end up drowning. 

On 6/27/2023 at 6:23 AM, PcBeExpensive said:

Yeah the screwdriver is worth it, thats a pretty nice screwdriver but i dont uunderstand why people want to buy a $250 bag!?!? To me thats just crazy, it may also be because im 14 and have like no money.

It's amusing to me because you can understand why people (yourself) spend big money on screwdriver but cannot understand why people spend big money on bags.

I can point to you a $5 ratchet screwdriver that does everything the LTT screwdriver does but maybe less 'good feeling' material/mechanism. Sure your $20 Nike bag can carry whatever the LTT bag carries but you are not looking at the feel, apperance, the material, the extra small pockets here and there to carry small stuff, the airtag pouch, the water resistance, the comfortable straps, the rigidity of the bag, the interlocking zippers, the RDID passport pouch, the luggage handle detachable strap, the suede glass pocket, the back mesh venting, the water resistant zippers, the metal strap adjuster etc. 

Are you sure your $20 Nike bag has ALL these features? I doubt so. Take a picture and upload it here for everyone to judge. 

7 hours ago, ToboRobot said:

BMW is a brand of cars with many different products with different features and quality. 

But a BMW sedan and a Honda or Toyota sedan does the same thing of getting people from A to B.

If you think it's possible for the BMWs to be more expensive yet also superior quality to Hondas, then how do you think it's impossible for backpacks to have similar spectrum of quality and features and therefore value?

If a bag is a bag, a car is a car.

Yeah, a bag is a bag sure but there are MANY cheaper bags that have exactly what the LTT bag has.

My First PC
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Cooler: Asus TUF Gaming LC240
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-f gaming
RAM: 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RS (3200 MHz, CL16)
Storage: 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
Graphics Card: Asus Dual RTX 2060 OC
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Pro Mini (Speed Silver switches)
Mouse: Razer Viper Mini
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

What are the variables that differentiate a cheap car from a good one?

Materials, design... anything else?

What are the variables that differentiate a cheap backpack from a good one?

Materials, design... anything else?

|

Did you read what was above? We were talking abt how long a car will last, how the driver drives, how well then maintain it etc.

My First PC
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

4 hours ago, crazzp said:

It's amusing to me because you can understand why people (yourself) spend big money on screwdriver but cannot understand why people spend big money on bags.

I can point to you a $5 ratchet screwdriver that does everything the LTT screwdriver does but maybe less 'good feeling' material/mechanism. Sure your $20 Nike bag can carry whatever the LTT bag carries but you are not looking at the feel, apperance, the material, the extra small pockets here and there to carry small stuff, the airtag pouch, the water resistance, the comfortable straps, the rigidity of the bag, the interlocking zippers, the RDID passport pouch, the luggage handle detachable strap, the suede glass pocket, the back mesh venting, the water resistant zippers, the metal strap adjuster etc. 

Are you sure your $20 Nike bag has ALL these features? I doubt so. Take a picture and upload it here for everyone to judge. 

My bag doesnt have the really small nitpicky things like a metal strap adjuster, it just has a plastic one instead. It has a passport pouch in the form of a passport sized back/top pocket. It has back mesh venting, the passport pouch can easily double as an airtag pouch and it has comfortable straps (though thats opinion based). It is water resistant too. It also does have a laptop pouch thing and a big main pocket, if I had to guess you could maybe carry 2-3 thick laptops. Can't take a photo as I don't have a phone.

My First PC

4 hours ago, PcBeExpensive said:

My bag doesnt have the really small nitpicky things

Well that says that you dont value the things that other people value. In some bags, the plastic adjustor is the first to break.

Just like how you value to screwdriver, I could say whatever your LTT screwdriver can do, my $5 screwdriver can do as well, wanna justify that?

It has a passport pouch in the form of a passport sized back/top pocket.

A random top/back pocket shouldn't be compared with a secret RFID blocking pocket specifically for credit card/safekeeping of passport. It's a huge security risk to put sensitive documents out where pickpockets can access them easily.

My travel bag must have some form of secured pockets or it's a deal breaker.

Did you read what was above? We were talking abt how long a car will last, how the driver drives, how well then maintain it etc.

Did you read what was above? 

We are talking about how long a backpack will last, how the straps fit, how the pockets are designed?

If you think a bag is a bag, I can think a car is a car.  We both are just blind to certain things about products we don't know or care about.

WE ARE DOING THE SAME THING, DONT YOU SEE THAT?

Yeah, a bag is a bag sure but there are MANY cheaper bags that have exactly what the LTT bag has.

many cars cheaper that do exactly the same thing as expensive ones.

6 hours ago, PcBeExpensive said:

My bag doesnt have the really small nitpicky things like a metal strap adjuster, it just has a plastic one instead. It has a passport pouch in the form of a passport sized back/top pocket. It has back mesh venting, the passport pouch can easily double as an airtag pouch and it has comfortable straps (though thats opinion based). It is water resistant too. It also does have a laptop pouch thing and a big main pocket, if I had to guess you could maybe carry 2-3 thick laptops. Can't take a photo as I don't have a phone.

You have just defeated your own argument with this post.  Something like a metal strap adjuster is not comparable to a plastic one.  Having a dedicated airtag pouch where you can hide the tag and make it not easily found is not the same thing either.  If you have it, stick a credit card in that pouch and download a free nfc tools app on your phone (given the way you talk, im assuming you are part of the android mafia, no offense there, i am as well) see if it can be detected.  These are all features that the LTT Bag has that make it a more premium item.

At this point, I believe you are attempting to troll the community as you have stated in your own words that you understand the screwdriver and how it's a premium item, and that the community has informed you how the backpack is also a premium item, and yet you carry on with nonsense arguments.

2 hours ago, crazzp said:

Well that says that you dont value the things that other people value. In some bags, the plastic adjustor is the first to break.

Just like how you value to screwdriver, I could say whatever your LTT screwdriver can do, my $5 screwdriver can do as well, wanna justify that?

A random top/back pocket shouldn't be compared with a secret RFID blocking pocket specifically for credit card/safekeeping of passport. It's a huge security risk to put sensitive documents out where pickpockets can access them easily.

My travel bag must have some form of secured pockets or it's a deal breaker.

whats RFID blocking?

My First PC

29 minutes ago, GeoStellar said:

You have just defeated your own argument with this post.  Something like a metal strap adjuster is not comparable to a plastic one.  Having a dedicated airtag pouch where you can hide the tag and make it not easily found is not the same thing either.  If you have it, stick a credit card in that pouch and download a free nfc tools app on your phone (given the way you talk, im assuming you are part of the android mafia, no offense there, i am as well) see if it can be detected.  These are all features that the LTT Bag has that make it a more premium item.

At this point, I believe you are attempting to troll the community as you have stated in your own words that you understand the screwdriver and how it's a premium item, and that the community has informed you how the backpack is also a premium item, and yet you carry on with nonsense arguments.

Yeah but the screwdriver has that top openable bit holder compartment thing which helps, also its not as ridiculously priced. Also on your comment on android mafia thats 2 ways for me, for watches im all andriod bc thats what I have and use and love. For phones im on either whatevers better thats the side im on. I don't have a phone or credit card.

My First PC

2 hours ago, ToboRobot said:

many cars cheaper that do exactly the same thing as expensive ones.

Sure. A hyundai would have most of the features of a BMW, but there will always be something. I do admit with BMW you are paying for the brand a bit though.

My First PC

We are talking about how long a backpack will last, how the straps fit, how the pockets are designed?

If you think a bag is a bag, I can think a car is a car.  We both are just blind to certain things about products we don't know or care about.

I was talking about variables that make the vehicle last longer not the quality or anything????

My First PC

Ya know what, fuck this. Lets just end this 'argument' and part ways with our own opinions before we all get warnings?

My First PC

12 minutes ago, PcBeExpensive said:

whats RFID blocking?

It stands for Radio Frequency Identification. Basically most credit cards now can pay by tapping at the cashier. Using the same function, a bad person can walkby you with a machine and 'receive' your credit card information and thus do nefarious things with the information. 

Honestly I conclude that you're just too young to to appreciate the frastration and annoyance that old-er people go through when we use sub-par quality products. And we have the financial means to spoil ourselves by buying a better quality product. Honestly $250 isn't a lot if it means I get to be happier and more comfortable with my bag.

You can sleep on a crappy bed and still wake up full of energy. I however don't mind spending $4000 for a proper bed so that I don't injure my back every night when I sleep.

27 minutes ago, PcBeExpensive said:

I was talking about variables that make the vehicle last longer not the quality or anything????

What sort of variables would make a product last longer (other than quality or design)? 

Poorly built or designed products will have shorter lifespans as the materials fail or parts wear out.

29 minutes ago, PcBeExpensive said:

Sure. A hyundai would have most of the features of a BMW, but there will always be something. I do admit with BMW you are paying for the brand a bit though.

Sure, a low price/quality backpack would have most of the features of a high end one, but there will always be something.  I do admit with LTT you are paying for the brand a bit though.

Wow, it's the same thing!

17 hours ago, PcBeExpensive said:

How can you prove the Lexus will out last the BMW? Thats based on a number of variables.

you look at statistical averages for vehicles.

it's really simple.  

https://missionworkshop.com/collections/waterproof-backpacks/products/integer-camera-travel-pack

Why is this bag so expensive?  It is over double the cost of the LTT backpack, but it basically has the same features, put stuff in and strap it to your back!  That's crazy. 

Just like it's crazy to spend more money on a luxury car instead of a economy sedan, because they both get from point A to point B.

A 4060 GPU is the same as a 4090 because they both render graphics!  SAME FEATURES!

Screw drives, backpacks, T-Shirts, yes, there are many products that have the same features, but they aren't the same design, materials or company that makes and supports them.  You might not understand the value of certain features, like I don't understand why anyone would pay more for a German car than a cheap economy sedan!  Some people might not understand, recognize or care that a backpack is made with superior materials or a better design for certain tasks, and that can effect the cost to produce a product.

When a company uses exotic materials on a car like carbon fibre or titanium that can be for weight or durability.  When a company uses a high end material like Dyneema or Cordura that costs more than cheap nylon, but it can be lighter and or stronger!

You understand the car analogy but seem to refuse to apply the same logic to backpacks, is it because you are trolling? 

40 minutes ago, PcBeExpensive said:

Ya know what, fuck this. Lets just end this 'argument' and part ways with our own opinions before we all get warnings?

no, because most of us are right, and you're arguing in circles refusing to acknowledge any logic that isn't yours.  

no, he doesn't know how to follow logic, and is just incapable of making useful arguments.

We can disprove him 200 ways, and he will never actually acknowledge it in any way.

48 minutes ago, PcBeExpensive said:

Yeah but the screwdriver has that top openable bit holder compartment thing which helps, also its not as ridiculously priced. Also on your comment on android mafia thats 2 ways for me, for watches im all andriod bc thats what I have and use and love. For phones im on either whatevers better thats the side im on. I don't have a phone or credit card.

Ive got a screw driver i picked up from Biglots with the bits stored in it for 10$.  It does everything the LTT screw driver does. Is it the same as the LTT screw driver? no. Do i expect it to last as long as the LTT Screw driver? no 

What sort of variables would make a product last longer (other than quality or design)? 

Poorly built or designed products will have shorter lifespans as the materials fail or parts wear out.

with vehicles how well the driver maintains the car, if the driver gets it serviced when it needs to, if the drivers gets into lots of accidents etc.

My First PC

https://missionworkshop.com/collections/waterproof-backpacks/products/integer-camera-travel-pack

Why is this bag so expensive?  It is over double the cost of the LTT backpack, but it basically has the same features, put stuff in and strap it to your back!  That's crazy. 

Just like it's crazy to spend more money on a luxury car instead of a economy sedan, because they both get from point A to point B.

A 4060 GPU is the same as a 4090 because they both render graphics!  SAME FEATURES!

Screw drives, backpacks, T-Shirts, yes, there are many products that have the same features, but they aren't the same design, materials or company that makes and supports them.  You might not understand the value of certain features, like I don't understand why anyone would pay more for a German car than a cheap economy sedan!  Some people might not understand, recognize or care that a backpack is made with superior materials or a better design for certain tasks, and that can effect the cost to produce a product.

When a company uses exotic materials on a car like carbon fibre or titanium that can be for weight or durability.  When a company uses a high end material like Dyneema or Cordura that costs more than cheap nylon, but it can be lighter and or stronger!

You understand the car analogy but seem to refuse to apply the same logic to backpacks, is it because you are trolling? 

the 4060 and 4090 have a huge difference, I DO UNDERSTAND THE LOGIC!! I'm just saying there are much cheaper bags out there that have similar or the same.

My First PC