New Asus GPU 600W Motherboard power connector

1 hour ago, SADS said:

I quite like this idea. My first thought was 'So where's the plugs for the mobo to power this?' and when i saw all those sockets on the back I just started having nightmares with trying to figure out case compatibility.

I feel like even if all the existing connectors were still on the front/side pointing and these were in place alongside them, I'd still like not having those fugly cables sticking out the front of the card.

Mobos for sure need more work on their connectivity. so many connectors without 90 degree options for example still, for example.

It's still a battle to hide and route everything that is connected in a build, even with dual chamber setups!

You mean like 90degrees ATX, etc ?
There's boards that have 90degrees of those, EVGA x570 Dark for example.

Why motherboard manufacturers not using those on non premium tier model ? ijdk.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

Any board size/spec really, be nice to just have the basic quality of life better for mobo connectivity after so long...

what would be easier to make a standard, or not on all card sizes, but just having multiple connector spots, some that reach under right where the cable hole is that would more or less function the same like back of the motherboard with much less cost.

I still think having a GPU that pulls or can pull 600 watts is impractical, and dumps way too much heat into the room. 

It's one of those things that I guess is cool that it exists, but I don't think I'd ever buy one

250w - 300w  for top tier of consumer GPU's I think was the sweet spot

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1