DeepCool Assassin-IV Now Released and Reviewed!!!

WallacEngineering
8 hours ago, WallacEngineering said:

Im not sure if we should wait or just go for it, but at least through Amazon it would arrive quickly

Actually NVM - Im sure a couple reviews are right around the corner. Looks like its available for pre-order. Not actually available yet.

If you look at delivery date estimate its July 19-Aug 09. So at least we have a release date now 🤣

On NewEgg, yes. On Amazon, it can arrive as early as the start of July.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

6 hours ago, WallacEngineering said:

I thought it was supposed to be 280 watts, thats what all the CES coverage said

It is listed as 280W on Amazon.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

1 hour ago, freeagent said:

Right, same rating as PS120SE, 280w.

Oh, well I doubt the PS120SE could actually keep a power target unlocked Core i9-13900K  under 100°C (280+ watt load).

These ratings are exaggerated sometimes so I guess we will just have to wait for reviews.

I mean its not like the PS120SE is a bad cooler its just I really doubt it could keep up with a cooler this huge and the latest and greatest from the company who brought you the AK620... I guess time will tell...

Top-Tier Air-Cooled Gaming PC

Current Build Thread:

4 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

On NewEgg, yes. On Amazon, it can arrive as early as the start of July.

The July 19-Aug 06 date is what Im seeing on Amazon

Current Build Thread:

7 minutes ago, WallacEngineering said:

The July 19-Aug 06 date is what Im seeing on Amazon

Are you not in the US?

image.thumb.png.94e50aa9a2f3db1e7f0f5c10ff63e220.png

4 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

Are you not in the US?

image.thumb.png.94e50aa9a2f3db1e7f0f5c10ff63e220.png

Weird... Im in Salt Lake City

Current Build Thread:

3 minutes ago, WallacEngineering said:

Weird... Im in Salt Lake City

Well, that explains it, then. Everything floats there. 😉

2 hours ago, WallacEngineering said:

Oh, well I doubt the PS120SE could actually keep a power target unlocked Core i9-13900K  under 100°C (280+ watt load).

That’s fine. Coming from an FC140, 1000g before fans, I had my doubts too. But the closest thing I have is a 250w 7nm 12core.

AMD R9 5900X | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12

Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14

Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X

Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14

6 hours ago, freeagent said:

That’s fine. Coming from an FC140, 1000g before fans, I had my doubts too. But the closest thing I have is a 250w 7nm 12core.

Well I doubt any Air-Cooler will ever even achieve this because even 360mm AIOs can't keep it under 100°C without direct-die cooling.

Im expecting the Assassin-IV to probably beat NH-D15 First gen by a couple degrees C but that upcoming Gen-II D-15 will probably retake the lead.

Current Build Thread:

@GuiltySpark_ Check out previous comments. The cooler is available for a sort-of Pre-Order from Hong Kong, although its $150 at the moment and no professional reviews are available yet.

Seems someone got their hands on one a few weeks ago thanks to a supplier error releasing the product for purchase early on their website.

As a normal consumer he was only able to compare to his old E-Sports 34 Duo but at least is showed a massive 13°C improvement over that weak cooler.

Apparently his CPU is the Ryzen 5800X-3D, a relatively hot running chip, so this is a good sign, with the CPU bouncing between 63 and 64°C during his gaming in the video where as the E-Sports 34 Duo ran at 77°C

Also found this cool animation from some website as their official Ad for the cooler:

Current Build Thread:

FWIW I have a 5800X3D and can run it semi passively on FC140 and PS120SE. No fans installed on the cooler.

There are no AIO that can fully exploit a 13900K.

Yeah he posted about it here. 

• 2 weeks later...

So does anyone else find it odd that we are now well into July 2023 and not a single YouTuber review is up yet?

I mean press and reviewers always get early examples of just about every single product for review.

By paying for expedited shipping back when the cooler first appeared for sale on websites, the first customers should have gotten their deliveries right about now.

And yet - still no reviews. That just doesn't feel right to me... I wonder if something is going on - if there may be some sort of issue.

Current Build Thread:

All hype 😄

145 bucks.. good luck.

1 hour ago, freeagent said:

All hype 😄

145 bucks.. good luck.

Ya the price being steep is why I want actual reviews before I buy one. Its pretty pricey for just good lucks, it had better perform pretty damn well for that price lol

Current Build Thread:

13 hours ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Reviews likely coming soon. 

Wait what? The cooler is only £84.99 in Great Britain?

So with the conversion rate, the price here in the states should be about $109.99 at most then.

Im hoping then - that means the price will drop over the next month or two as the initial hype dies down.

Current Build Thread:

5 hours ago, WallacEngineering said:

Wait what? The cooler is only £84.99 in Great Britain?

So with the conversion rate, the price here in the states should be about $109.99 at most then.

Im hoping then - that means the price will drop over the next month or two as the initial hype dies down.

MSRP of $99/£85 over here.  lol Newegg has it for $99 [reduced from $150] pretending they are discounting it by $50 🤣
Also reviews starting to appear https://www.techpowerup.com/review/deepcool-assassin-iv-dual-tower-cpu-air-cooler/

If LTT labs does anything I would love to see standardised testing for CPU coolers.
Have something that can provide x number of watts / standardised thermal paste / mounting pressure etc.

At least as of a few days ago, the Newegg $150 listing wasn’t a Newegg listing but a Corn Electronics out of Hong Kong listing. Remember, Newegg has marketplace sellers so always check where it’s selling and shipping from. Just like Amazon. 

Also: 

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/deepcool-assassin-iv-dual-tower-cpu-air-cooler/

14 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

At least as of a few days ago, the Newegg $150 listing wasn’t a Newegg listing but a Corn Electronics out of Hong Kong listing. Remember, Newegg has marketplace sellers so always check where it’s selling and shipping from. Just like Amazon. 

Also: 

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/deepcool-assassin-iv-dual-tower-cpu-air-cooler/

That's who listed it before it was available... : 🌽 

@GuiltySpark_

Cool, just got done reading that review from TechPowerUp that you posted.

Seems to perform as expected - its about 2°C cooler than the Noctua D-15 on average while being less expensive and better looking.

It seems it actually looses to its older cousin the Assassin-III in some scenarios just because of the pull-pull design affecting absolute max performance when the CPU is OC-ed and running at maximum load. However this loss is usually less than 1°C.

Looks like its time to place my order, I like the way TechPowerUp summarizes the testing and this is a direct quote from the Article:

"DeepCool's Assassin IV is a truly stellar air cooler that firmly cements itself as one of the best options available at the time of writing. While it isn't a massive upgrade over the Assassin III, it is better looking than its predecessor while performing similarly. More affordable than the Noctua NH-D15 and NH-D15S. All while delivering similar or, in some cases, better performance than both in the OC tests at the same noise level. If noise is not a concern, the Assassin IV easily pulls away with the victory."

Current Build Thread:

Ah yep, you can tell its the official launch day because DeepCool has uploaded the official ad video to their YouTube channel.

Current Build Thread:

I honestly didn't care about 4-5c in either direction, it simply looks cool and 4-5c isn't going to make a lick of difference in the real world. 

I plan to run the fans into the motherboard and not the built in fan controller to avoid the DC logo from lighting up. Its a shame about the low/high switch right on the front, that really could have been elsewhere. 

Damn, the Newegg listing is down to $99 but $50 minimum shipping. I'll wait till its available shipped from the US.