DeepCool Assassin-IV Now Released and Reviewed!!!

WallacEngineering
5 hours ago, TeraSeraph said:

Apparently this cooler is using a new DeepCool fan model that I haven't seen on the market yet.

DF120 FDB/PWM REVERSE FAN 120mm 

Yeah, it is definitely a different fan with two modes; the performance mode beats the FK120.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

Just watched steve's video on the cooler and wow I'm kind of regretting ever buying the NH-D15. And here I thought Noctua was the best money could buy. I'm honestly so sick of the metal-wire-trying-to-desperately-hold-fans-yet-sagging type of install that many manufacturers do, including noctua.

I'll be looking into buying this just because the fans have been installed infinitely better. No more trying to have the fans stay in place. This thing seems perfect for the money. And it's cheaper than the noctua too. How has there been ZERO innovation from noctua in the last, what, 10 years now despite being hailed the best of the best in computer air cooling by practically everyone. Linus should instead do a deepcool collab on the screwdriver.

My stuff:

Spoiler

CPU :  Intel i5 8400 | GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3600MHz

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Headset : Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ω w/ AT2020USB+

Monitor : Acer XF240H @  144Hz

1 hour ago, Underi said:

Just watched steve's video on the cooler and wow I'm kind of regretting ever buying the NH-D15. And here I thought Noctua was the best money could buy. I'm honestly so sick of the metal-wire-trying-to-desperately-hold-fans-yet-sagging type of install that many manufacturers do, including noctua.

I'll be looking into buying this just because the fans have been installed infinitely better. No more trying to have the fans stay in place. This thing seems perfect for the money. And it's cheaper than the noctua too. How has there been ZERO innovation from noctua in the last, what, 10 years now despite being hailed the best of the best in computer air cooling by practically everyone. Linus should instead do a deepcool collab on the screwdriver.

Noctua has just announced the NH D-15 Ver 2.0 but it won't be out until summer 2024. The Assassin-IV is cool because it doesn't block RAM at all, its super nice to see your RGB RAM modules while also having one of the best performing air coolers.

Top-Tier Air-Cooled Gaming PC

Current Build Thread:

4 hours ago, Underi said:

You're over looking the fact that there's a bunch of compatibility issues with how they mounted the fans. Replacing the 140mm in the middle is going to be a proprietary part since it doesn't allow any other fan to fit.

The D15 is a 9 year old design, it's aged gracefully but it desperately needs to be updated which is coming next spring. 

3 hours ago, TeraSeraph said:

You're over looking the fact that there's a bunch of compatibility issues with how they mounted the fans. Replacing the 140mm in the middle is going to be a proprietary part since it doesn't allow any other fan to fit.

The D15 is a 9 year old design, it's aged gracefully but it desperately needs to be updated which is coming next spring. 

I will agree the proprietary middle fan sucks, but I guess its alright as long as the fan isn't too expensive cuz the performance is great already anyways, I see no reason to use a different fan on it.

Current Build Thread:

• 2 weeks later...

I can’t get a sense of if this will fit in my case and motherboard. I’m  mostly worried about the depth. My u12a isn’t far from my gpu, there is like 11-13mm of clearance and I’m not sure if the assassin will make it in sadly. The only retailer that has it near me right now has shipping and restocking fees unfortunately.

On 8/8/2023 at 10:34 PM, TorrentofAir said:

I can’t get a sense of if this will fit in my case and motherboard. I’m  mostly worried about the depth. My u12a isn’t far from my gpu, there is like 11-13mm of clearance and I’m not sure if the assassin will make it in sadly. The only retailer that has it near me right now has shipping and restocking fees unfortunately.

Yeah unfortunately it would be difficult to help you out in this situation but what I can tell you is my particular motherboard has the GPU PCIe slot one slot down from the very top so if you look at my case the GPU is actually started one bracket below in bracket number two and I believe that would be required for the deep cool assassin-IV to fit properly and not run into the back of the GPU

Current Build Thread:

On 8/9/2023 at 12:34 AM, TorrentofAir said:

Just do what I did: search for schematics and clearance data.  Failing that, manually measure so that you know, then check it against that Assassin. It's not hard. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, WallacEngineering said:

UPDATE OCT 21, 2023:

DeepCool Assassin-IV Now available in White!

https://wccftech.com/review/deepcools-best-air-cooler-now-available-in-white-the-assassin-iv-wh-review/amp/

You have an unhealthy obsession with assassins! 😆 🤣 😆 🤣 😆 🤣 

• 1 month later...

UPDATE NOVEMBER 26TH, 2023:

DeepCool Assassin-IV wins the "Best Mechanical Design" Award of 2023:

Current Build Thread: