DeepCool Assassin-IV Now Released and Reviewed!!!

WallacEngineering
1 minute ago, Agall said:

The way I have it mounted is specifically because of the mesh side panel, otherwise I don't think its optimal without having a side in take. It lets each tower work independently instead of tower 2 sucking the farts of tower 1 all the time.

You might be able to tuck those cables under the motherboard or get an extension and hide it under the cooler.

Ah I see, ya with a mesh side panel that does change things a bit. The LanCool 216 on the other hand is a standard design with TG side panel and relies on its custom 1700 RPM 160mm intake fans for its extreme airflow and chart-topping performance in the world of airflow-focused cases.

As for hiding the cables, not sure I could do that especially with the GPU as there are 3 cables to hide but I guess that is a benefit of the 12VHPWR cable that I never realized before.

I actually really like the way you routed the 12VHWR along the edge of your GPU. Its very sexy I must say O.o

I always thought the 12VHPWR cable was a dumb idea and that Nvidia was just being dumb trying to re-invent the wheel for no good reason but after seeing that pic... There is definitely a benefit to be had when it is used properly...

Top-Tier Air-Cooled Gaming PC

Current Build Thread:

6 minutes ago, WallacEngineering said:

Ah I see, ya with a mesh side panel that does change things a bit. The LanCool 216 on the other hand is a standard design with TG side panel and relies on its custom 1700 RPM 160mm intake fans for its extreme airflow and chart-topping performance in the world of airflow-focused cases.

As for hiding the cables, not sure I could do that especially with the GPU as there are 3 cables to hide but I guess that is a benefit of the 12VHPWR cable that I never realized before.

I actually really like the way you routed the 12VHWR along the edge of your GPU. Its very sexy I must say O.o

I always thought the 12VHPWR cable was a dumb idea and that Nvidia was just being dumb trying to re-invent the wheel for no good reason but after seeing that pic... There is definitely a benefit to be had when it is used properly...

Have you looked at 180 degree adapters or the TG wireview? They make 12VHPWR and 3x8pin versions, something I'd buy if I also didn't really like how mine was setup currently.

I used the front fan mount to zip tie the cable, so removing the card is really simple since the 12VHPWR will just hang out till I return it.

image.png.0873d6121533407fd338c884838a6b1f.png

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

20 minutes ago, Agall said:

Have you looked at 180 degree adapters or the TG wireview? They make 12VHPWR and 3x8pin versions, something I'd buy if I also didn't really like how mine was setup currently.

Ya Ive been thinking about picking up some 180 deg adapters and its starting to look like I really should lol

EDIT: @Agall So the thing is since its a Radeon GPU and I have a standard PSU I wouldn't need an adapter from 12VHPWR as its simple 8x PCIE on the PSU side as well so its just straight PCIE to PCIE 8-pin cables times 3 of them. I even use completely separate cables for each one for the cleanest power delivery, none of that 2 x PCIE on GPU side to 1 x PCIE on the PSU side stuff since I have 4 x PCIE slots on the PSU to play with.

So I would just need a few 8-pin PCIE 180deg adapters to have a cleaner start to the GPU. Rather than have the wires run up and over in a U-Shape I could just have the adapters do the turn very cleanly and then just have perfectly straight cables running across the Backplate of the GPU.

Current Build Thread:

50 minutes ago, WallacEngineering said:

Ya Ive been thinking about picking up some 180 deg adapters and its starting to look like I really should lol

EDIT: @Agall So the thing is since its a Radeon GPU and I have a standard PSU I wouldn't need an adapter from 12VHPWR as its simple 8x PCIE on the PSU side as well so its just straight PCIE to PCIE 8-pin cables times 3 of them. I even use completely separate cables for each one for the cleanest power delivery, none of that 2 x PCIE on GPU side to 1 x PCIE on the PSU side stuff since I have 4 x PCIE slots on the PSU to play with.

So I would just need a few 8-pin PCIE 180deg adapters to have a cleaner start to the GPU. Rather than have the wires run up and over in a U-Shape I could just have the adapters do the turn very cleanly and then just have perfectly straight cables running across the Backplate of the GPU.

Your GPU doesn't appear to have any real flow through, so having them run flat along the back of the GPU into the same cable management hole would look stellar in my opinion, only requiring 180 deg adapters or a wireview.

12VHPWR did open up the ability to route a cable like how I did, going along the end of the GPU. It technically covers up a bit of the exhaust, but that's in the area of the cooler where its primarily using flow through, so I doubt it has any impact (potentially better since it would potentially assist with flow through?). Its however something that most users will have to be careful doing unless they have an individually sleeved cable, since they otherwise can't properly flake out the farthest left connectors to be longer relative to the right side connectors to bend it this way. The Seasonic Vertex 1200W I have is worth the extra $$ for the individually sleeved cables alone in my opinion.

Regarding daisy chained cables, it depends on the PSU. I ran this same 4090 with the same ridiculous OC on 2 2x8pin daisy chained cables from my RM1000x perfectly fine for weeks until adding a 3rd cable. Daisy chained cables are supposed to support 300W, which is where most of the 2x8pin to 12VHPWR adapted cables can get a full 600W of draw capability. 

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

1 hour ago, WallacEngineering said:

Regarding cable tucking, I was referring to this specifically. You may be about to route it under the motherboard and going into that right side management hole.

image.png.6a80343d8146c907f25165a2a6aa5cc0.png

Side note:

ALSEYE W90 CPU Cooler, Temperature Displayed CPU Cooler for Small Size PC Case with Powerful 90mm ARGB Lighting Fan and 40mm High-Performance Heat Column Inside,Suitable for Intel LGA 1700/1200/115X - Newegg.com

Lets all be honest here, but this is a really cool looking air cooler. Even if its just a shroud swapped stock cooler heatsink.

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

27 minutes ago, Agall said:

Regarding cable tucking, I was referring to this specifically. You may be about to route it under the motherboard and going into that right side management hole.

image.png.6a80343d8146c907f25165a2a6aa5cc0.png

Side note:

ALSEYE W90 CPU Cooler, Temperature Displayed CPU Cooler for Small Size PC Case with Powerful 90mm ARGB Lighting Fan and 40mm High-Performance Heat Column Inside,Suitable for Intel LGA 1700/1200/115X - Newegg.com

Lets all be honest here, but this is a really cool looking air cooler. Even if its just a shroud swapped stock cooler heatsink.

I had to look that up on Amazon because they didn't show AF and SP on NewEgg. Eh, it's ok. Could be worse, but could be a lot better! 😉

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

34 minutes ago, Agall said:

Side note:

I did the best I could given the holes. Its fine. 

image.png.08fc93c5a9fa1de28b3450b5592eb678.png

the cooler looks so good! but it makes it harder to show off a nice ARGB fan 

Just now, NorKris said:

Can always slap one on the front with the included bracket but.. that thing really feels like a cheap afterthought. It stayed in the box for me. 

44 minutes ago, Agall said:

Oh ya the LED strip ya Ill try to do something about that lol. Perhaps I could just have the bundled up cable part on the other end tucked up in the case. I will have to see.

Also that cooler does look pretty nice but it doesn't have the same performance nor does it look quite as clean so IMO its kinda so-so. I love the display tho that is dope.

Current Build Thread:

12 minutes ago, NorKris said:

Reject RGB, embrace sleeper.

This is the way.

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Come to think of it, i'm sure they'll do a white model that might work better for those looking for the RGB look. 

10 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Come to think of it, i'm sure they'll do a white model that might work better for those looking for the RGB look. 

The only reason I went white on my FD North was because it matches with my Samsung Neo G8 and the front wood was a better color. The black FD North's wood front is like a reddish tint that I wasn't fond of, even though I generally get everything in black. The grey internals also matches the gunmetal color of my motherboard+GPU and it looks more 'office like' than the black model.

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

40 minutes ago, Agall said:

This is the way.

neeva!

1 hour ago, Agall said:

This is the way.

I like the balanced look - Which is why I did my PC as I did - little bit of RGB Meteor effect on GPU and RAM with just a single RGB strip to light up the case. No rainbow puke - just choose a color that looks good and set it up. As you saw in my pic the current color is to match the DeepCool Logo on the new Assassin-IV with simple white background lighting - the end.

1 hour ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

If you mean the DeepCool Assassin-IV, yep they are. Its already been announced.

Current Build Thread:

2 minutes ago, WallacEngineering said:

I like the balanced look - Which is why I did my PC as I did - little bit of RGB Meteor effect on GPU and RAM with just a single RGB strip to light up the case. No rainbow puke - just choose a color that looks good and set it up. As you saw in my pic the current color is to match the DeepCool Logo on the new Assassin-IV with simple white background lighting - the end.

If you mean the DeepCool Assassin-IV, yep they are. Its already been announced.

My goal is for ignorant people to think my PC cost less than my brother's 5800x3D and 3070 rig that's using the fancy ROG Z11 case because it doesn't look as gamery. A normal person looking at my computer (assembled with side panel on) just sees what looks like a big office PC.

I love that subtly. 

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

2 minutes ago, Agall said:

My goal is for ignorant people to think my PC cost less than my brother's 5800x3D and 3070 rig that's using the fancy ROG Z11 case because it doesn't look as gamery. A normal person looking at my computer (assembled with side panel on) just sees what looks like a big office PC.

I love that subtly. 

I can dig that, I loved it when linus built the ultimate sleeper PC in a 90's case, or when he did the ITX build in the original XBOX shell.

That XBOX PC build was dope AF.

Current Build Thread:

5 minutes ago, WallacEngineering said:

I can dig that, I loved it when linus built the ultimate sleeper PC in a 90's case, or when he did the ITX build in the original XBOX shell.

That XBOX PC build was dope AF.

What I'd love to do is take the Asrock Deskmeet case and build a gucci custom watercooled system in it. The motherboard uses a strange extended mITX form factor that includes the front IO, but that wouldn't prevent someone from making a custom front IO board and using a standard mITX board. There's waterblocks for an RTX 4090 that are less than 200mm long, as example 🙂

The front IO is also modular in a way, so you could 3D print a new front that uses another cases' front IO and potentially cut 2x92mm fan holes. I've measured it already 🙂

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

48 minutes ago, Agall said:

What I'd love to do is take the Asrock Deskmeet case and build a gucci custom watercooled system in it. The motherboard uses a strange extended mITX form factor that includes the front IO, but that wouldn't prevent someone from making a custom front IO board and using a standard mITX board. There's waterblocks for an RTX 4090 that are less than 200mm long, as example 🙂

The front IO is also modular in a way, so you could 3D print a new front that uses another cases' front IO and potentially cut 2x92mm fan holes. I've measured it already 🙂

That does sound pretty sweet TBH

Current Build Thread:

On 7/17/2023 at 12:47 AM, TorrentofAir said:

I have a Fractal Torrent Compact case with Intel 12700kf and asus b760m tuf gaming mobo. I had planned on ordering a Noctua nh-u12a but I’m indecisive now to get the Assassin iv at $149 cdn. 

The U12A is an excellent choice for that processor and the noise levels will be lower than the Deepcool unless they made some major changes to their FK120 fans.

On 7/22/2023 at 6:40 AM, TeraSeraph said:

The U12A is an excellent choice for that processor and the noise levels will be lower than the Deepcool unless they made some major changes to their FK120 fans.

I just tested the FK120. Absolutely unimpressive and noisy. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

17 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

I just tested the FK120. Absolutely unimpressive and noisy. 

Apparently this cooler is using a new DeepCool fan model that I haven't seen on the market yet.

DF120 FDB/PWM REVERSE FAN 120mm 

29 minutes ago, TeraSeraph said:

Apparently this cooler is using a new DeepCool fan model that I haven't seen on the market yet.

DF120 FDB/PWM REVERSE FAN 120mm 

Yes, they are releasing the fans with the cooler. The fans will be available for purchase as replacement parts shortly.

Current Build Thread:

So.. are you guys happy with your purchase?

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN8501TB, SN850X2TB
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14, TL-D14X

3 minutes ago, freeagent said:

So.. are you guys happy with your purchase?

I definitely am. Great cooler, good looks, my temps dropped a pretty huge amount, and I can see both of my RGB RAM modules.

Is it the best value purely for performance? No, but its asking price is fair considering what it is, what it does, and the more expensive coolers it competes with (D-15, Assassin-III, DarkRockPro, ToughAir 710, ECT ECT...)

Current Build Thread: