Next gen already announced

Protomesh

Tons of news about RX 8000 and RTX 5000 series already for a long time now.

Honestly makes me feel like anyone who bought RX 7000 or RTX 4000 got ripped off. Especially with how both AMD and Nvidia really upped the prices intentionally to scalp themselves.

Your hardware will already be obsolete soon. 

Kind of funny, but in a sad way. Lately it just feels like you're better off skipping a lot of new tech. 

Also makes you think they're intentionally stagnating the performance gains for the sake of profit. Releasing products in-between a larger jump.

Hardware is obsolete before you even buy it. They are ALWAYS working on new stuff, there are 5 generations at least of Intel CPUs at various stages of design.

Also, what "news" are you referring to because I've seen nothing.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Protomesh said:

Honestly makes me feel like anyone who bought RX 7000 or RTX 4000 got ripped off. Especially with how both AMD and Nvidia really upped the prices intentionally to scalp themselves.

Kind of funny, but in a sad way. Lately it just feels like you're better off skipping a lot of new tech. 

Also makes you think they're intentionally stagnating the performance gains for the sake of profit. Releasing products in-between a larger jump.

The pact of new hardware generation releases has not changed.

Anything you buy should come with the expectation it will be superseded within 24 months at the most. 

Hardware does not become "obsolete" when it is no longer the best available, it becomes obsolete when it is no longer feasibly useful for your needs.

Finally, all of the information on RTX 5000 and RX 8000 series right now is nothing more than rumors and speculation circulated by clickbait sites.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

They are already working on PS6 and the next gen Xbox X2?.  AMD is already hard at work for the AM6 platform even though they will release 2-3 generations of CPU's for the AM5 platform etc etc.

Also, the pace of actual performance improvement hardware development has actually slowed WAAAAAY down. You can buy a PC now and be confident you will be able to have a good experience in new games for the next several years. This would have been unthinkable in the 90's or early 2000's. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

7 minutes ago, Protomesh said:

That's a bit harshe... 

PC Setup: 

HYTE Y60 White/Black + Custom ColdZero ventilation sidepanel

Intel Core i7-10700K + Corsair Hydro Series H100x

G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 32GB (F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR)

ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3080Ti OC LC

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-G GAMING (Wi-Fi)

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Crucial MX500 2TB

Crucial MX300 1TB

Corsair HX1200i

Peripherals: 

Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 G95NC 57"

Samsung Odyssey Neo G7 32"

ASUS ROG Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition Wireless

ASUS ROG Claymore II Wireless

ASUS ROG Sheath BLK LTD'

Corsair SP2500

Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO X (Limited Editon) & Beyerdynamic TYGR 300R + FiiO K7 DAC/AMP

RØDE VideoMic II + Elgato WAVE Mic Arm

Racing SIM Setup: 

Sim-Lab GT1 EVO Sim Racing Cockpit + Sim-Lab GT1 EVO Single Screen holder

Svive Racing D1 Seat

Samsung Odyssey G9 49"

Simagic Alpha Mini

Simagic GT4 (Dual Clutch)

CSL Elite Pedals V2

Logitech K400 Plus

5 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Also, the pace of actual performance improvement hardware development has actually slowed WAAAAAY down. You can buy a PC now and be confident you will be able to have a good experience in new games for the next several years. This would have been unthinkable in the 90's or early 2000's. 

Nah man, the moment something better exists your current hardware stops working and you need to buy new stuff.

/s

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

This is the dumbest counter argument to not buy something.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

“Why buy a thing if there’s a better thing soon?”

Because the time gap between thing and better thing is always overlapped. You are always purchasing products which are very quickly no longer their newest version.

If you hold off on buying things for the principle you will never end up actually buying anything because the better thing is just around the corner every time.

If you want the best of the best all the time you need to be in the financial position to buy new products practically on a 3-6 month cycle. In the case of PCs if you want to have the most relevant build possible at any given time you’re looking at 20 grand a year just spend on computer parts.

Going the opposite way works out better for the budget conscious, which is why I don’t understand this overlap of people trying to get the most for their money, and then buying the newest products. This mindset of the best possible value somehow coming from waiting for the newest, best performing thing.

Thats stupid. I just bought a vega 56 for $95 on eBay. If you want value, you should be looking at older hardware. Hell you can get RTX 2080’s for under $300 now. 

58 minutes ago, Protomesh said:

Where are you finding rdna4 information? I know of some Blackwell information but its sparce. Tons? been out for a long time? You might be getting click baited. Its hard to even speculate on the real information we have. 

But dude, a hardware architecture takes 5 years or so from start to finish to do. They are designed in parallel, as soon as RDNA4 and Blackwell drop, we are already two years from RDNA5 and Blackwell Next. 

As others have pointed out, AMD started work on AM6 before AM5 dropped. 

1 hour ago, Middcore said:

Doesn't seem like it. There are plenty of games that are already way too demanding for current gen even. Even 4090 is struggling without frame generation.

That is mostly the fault of game developers not optimizing though.

And I bought my current PC in 2017 if I remember correctly. And already in 2017 it couldn't play most games made in 2017 comfortably. 

Even today, I can't even play games from 2010 comfortably with my GPU from 2017. 

I'm very sceptic of current gen stuff actually lasting as long as it should.

7 minutes ago, Protomesh said:

Doesn't seem like it. There are plenty of games that are already way too demanding for current gen even. Even 4090 is struggling without frame generation.

There are literally none. Quite literally, none. you dont need 8k. There is not a single game that is out that is to demanding for a 3060. 

Having ultra settings that are future looking is not a dev being in the wrong. that is such a weird perspective to take. 

1 hour ago, Levent said:

This is the dumbest counter argument to not buy something.

Well I'm sorry if I'm trying to be logical here and valuing the rewards of my labour instead of not caring where my money goes.

I strongly believe current gen is a hard skip gen on every piece of hardware.

Intel 13th gen, Ryzen 7000 series, RTX 4000 series, Radeon 7000 series, DDR5, whole AM5 platform, etc. they're all honestly looking very underwhelming and overpriced with new stuff already being announced to come sooner than later... It's a hard skip gen.

I kinda feel bad for everyone who bought into the hype despite all the poor value warnings.

2 minutes ago, starsmine said:

There are literally none. Quite literally, none. you dont need 8k. 

Having ultra settings that are future looking is not a dev being in the wrong. that is such a weird perspective to take. 

You don't understand what I said but okay.

1 minute ago, Protomesh said:

You don't understand what I said but okay.

I understood and smelled the bullshit. Like did you want me to address your lie of "2017 gpu cant handle 2010 games"?

You heard it here guys! when the 50 series GPUs come out, your 4090s will be "obsolete" and will spontaneously turn into rotary phones and floppy disks.

7 hours ago, Protomesh said:

new stuff already being announced to come sooner than later... It's a hard skip gen.

Where are these announcements? Share links. All I see are rumors (and none about the release gap shrinking)

20 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

Where are these announcements? Share links. All I see are rumors (and none about the release gap shrinking)

Could OP be talking about Navi 3 refresh next year and conflating that with a new generation?

10 hours ago, starsmine said:

I understood and smelled the bullshit. Like did you want me to address your lie of "2017 gpu cant handle 2010 games"?

No lies here 

2 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

Doesn't take much effort to find it yourself 

2 hours ago, starsmine said:

Could OP be talking about Navi 3 refresh next year and conflating that with a new generation?

Nope

11 hours ago, Protomesh said:

I would not say the RX7 will be obsolete any time soon compared to RTX40. Nvidia has the sales data and can comfortably play for frequent upgrades. AMD on the other hand offers much more bang for the buck and future proofing. Im more comfortable for putting down $1200 for a top of the line custom 7900XTX (got me a Nitro+) than any top of the line RTX40. 

I predict Nvidia will pull some sort of a stunt to make the RTX20 and RTX30 series so obsolete everybody will be forced to upgrade to the RTX50. They are doing it already by dropping RTX30 and RTX40 production...

17 minutes ago, Protomesh said:

Nope

image.png.1308d1676aedb0c10a6b421dac52383a.png yo, use multiquote

17 minutes ago, Protomesh said:

It sure does. and I pay attention more then most. we have known about rdna 4 and blackwell well before the launch of this gen. as in them existing, but architectural information is non existent. There are no leaks that I am aware of, and even if there was, we are two years out, engineering dies... we are not even at that point either, both architectures are likely in the functional verification or if they were lucky, in the sythesis/timing verification stage, not even layed out to even THINK about engineering samples. 

Unless you have a source that I have failed to find, you are full of it.

2 hours ago, Protomesh said:

So I can't find it, if it is so easy, please share.

I'm rocking a 6800XT. The only games it struggles with are either piles of unoptimized, buggy shit, or I've dumped so many mods into them that no computer anywhere could ever hope to run them smoothly.

I'll take a pass on the 7900, and a HARD PASS on the 4090.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022