Next gen already announced

Protomesh
6 hours ago, Protomesh said:

Doesn't take much effort to find it yourself 

NVIDIA won't be launching RTX5000 series until sometime in late 2024 early 2025 I believe. That's about the normal cadence for these things. I imagine AMD will have something based on RDNA4 around the same time as well (RX 8000 series).

Neither still has their full stack of either current GPU generation out.

Also, AM5 still has a few years left to go on its' support.

This is how it goes. All the major manufacturers update their lineup of tech every 1-2 years. That's how it has almost always been, as far back as I can remember. And I remember a lot; I'm older than Linus is.

5 hours ago, Slizzo said:

NVIDIA won't be launching RTX5000 series until sometime in late 2024 early 2025 I believe. That's about the normal cadence for these things. I imagine AMD will have something based on RDNA4 around the same time as well (RX 8000 series).

Neither still has their full stack of either current GPU generation out.

Also, AM5 still has a few years left to go on its' support.

This is how it goes. All the major manufacturers update their lineup of tech every 1-2 years. That's how it has almost always been, as far back as I can remember. And I remember a lot; I'm older than Linus is.

Q4 2024 is very very early! Given we're still in middle of releasing 4000 series in Q2 2023

11 hours ago, starsmine said:

image.png.1308d1676aedb0c10a6b421dac52383a.png yo, use multiquote

It sure does. and I pay attention more then most. we have known about rdna 4 and blackwell well before the launch of this gen. as in them existing, but architectural information is non existent. There are no leaks that I am aware of, and even if there was, we are two years out, engineering dies... we are not even at that point either, both architectures are likely in the functional verification or if they were lucky, in the sythesis/timing verification stage, not even layed out to even THINK about engineering samples. 

Unless you have a source that I have failed to find, you are full of it.

Well I'm very worried for how your suggestion algorithm is working then if you have yet to see the news!

I get this stuff pushed on my front pages without me ever having to look for it.

But googling a simple line of text is not very difficult to do I would say.

There are zero current games where you can't have a good experience with midrange hardware from 2018. Zero. 

We are seeing system requirements for AAA releases get more stringent, and that's because developers don't have to think about how their games will run on weak hardware from 2013 anymore. PC games no longer having to drag around the ball and chain of PS4/XB1 compatibility is a good thing, not a bad thing. 

The cadence of new hardware releases has not changed. Q4 2024 for RTX 5000 is approximately two years on from RTX 4000, which was approximately two years since RTX 3000 (Q4 2020), which was approximately two years from RTX 2000 (late 2018), which was approximately two years on from GTX 1000 (2016), which was two years after GTX 900 series (late 2014).

The bottom line is if you don't think new hardware is good value, don't buy it, and if you don't like change, pick a different hobby. I'm getting tired of these complaining threads from people who want the world to stop spinning on its axis so they have more time to admire how shiny their new toys are. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

24 minutes ago, Protomesh said:

Well I'm very worried for how your suggestion algorithm is working then if you have yet to see the news!

I get this stuff pushed on my front pages without me ever having to look for it.

Are you like... ever going to quote one of these sources?

Like I say blackwell, but the thing is blackwell is there isnt even concrete information if that is the gen after Hopper, or the gen after Ada Lovelace.

3 minutes ago, starsmine said:

Like I say blackwell, but the thing is blackwell is there isnt even concrete information is that is the gen after Hopper, or the gen after Ada Lovelace.

His "sources" are trash tech "journalism" sites that fart out worthless clickabait rumors to feed people's egos and need for novelty and in doing so help perpetuate a culture of mindless consumerism. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

5 minutes ago, Middcore said:

His "sources" are trash tech "journalism" sites that fart out worthless clickabait rumors to feed people's egos and need for novelty and in doing so help perpetuate a culture of mindless consumerism. 

yea yea yea, you have a hyper negative view of leakers and intelligence work. 

Im not asking for industry insider sources that rightfully need to stay anonymous because of NDAs, Im just asking for normal journalistic sources. 

my quick googling only brings up that AMD has said the name RDNA4 in public (shocker) in the last week, and speculation on GDDR7. 
As in the news is AMD confirming what has already been confirmed to exist. It really was no news articles. not even rumors. 

The most interesting thing was GDDR7 but that is a duh moment, GDDR6(and X variant) is old. and at its limit for the bandwidth requirements of modern GPUs. OP has said nothing about it. 

4 minutes ago, starsmine said:

yea yea yea, you have a hyper negative view of leakers and intelligence work. 

No, I don't. In some cases I am actually "pro leak" because leaks can be beneficial to consumers by giving them information beyond the very tightly controlled, carefully spun drips of info corporate marketing departments want them to have.

The sites I'm talking about don't even write based on leaks, though. They're cynical content mills (and I use the term "content" loosely) that sustain themselves by knowing that the day RTX 4000 cards are released some bored person is going to type "RTX 5000" into Google and ensuring that search delivers a result, any result, regardless of whether there's any substance to it. 

24 minutes ago, Middcore said:

PC games no longer having to drag around the ball and chain of PS4/XB1 compatibility is a good thing

Its not really a good thing though, as developers can be lazy and just put out buggy unoptimized games and put a $1200 RTX 4080 on the recommended system requirements.

And I can understand the complaints of people not being able to upgrade, mostly Nvidia, but Nvidia and AMD have been ignoring the midrange market of $200-300 cards that are a decent improvement over cards that are over 2 years old now, a lot of people are getting priced out of the hobby. IMO dumping PC gaming for a console looks rather appealing now that a gaming PC under $1000 really isnt a thing unless you have a Microcenter or are willing to risk buying used hardware from miners.

13 hours ago, Middcore said:

There are zero current games where you can't have a good experience with midrange hardware from 2018. Zero. 

We are seeing system requirements for AAA releases get more stringent, and that's because developers don't have to think about how their games will run on weak hardware from 2013 anymore. PC games no longer having to drag around the ball and chain of PS4/XB1 compatibility is a good thing, not a bad thing. 

The cadence of new hardware releases has not changed. Q4 2024 for RTX 5000 is approximately two years on from RTX 4000, which was approximately two years since RTX 3000 (Q4 2020), which was approximately two years from RTX 2000 (late 2018), which was approximately two years on from GTX 1000 (2016), which was two years after GTX 900 series (late 2014).

The bottom line is if you don't think new hardware is good value, don't buy it, and if you don't like change, pick a different hobby. I'm getting tired of these complaining threads from people who want the world to stop spinning on its axis so they have more time to admire how shiny their new toys are. 

Well we don't share the same definition of "good" in that case.

13 hours ago, starsmine said:

Like I say blackwell, but the thing is blackwell is there isnt even concrete information if that is the gen after Hopper, or the gen after Ada Lovelace.

No. Maybe go find them yourself. It's not difficult. 

1 hour ago, Protomesh said:

It actually is. This is supposed to be a helpful inclusive community. Try helping out and sharing a link. I honestly can't find one.

4 hours ago, Protomesh said:

It would be nice to know what you are talking about rather then guessing. Many "leaks" out there are not leaks but pure ass pull 

On 3/13/2023 at 1:13 AM, Protomesh said:

Doesn't take much effort to find it yourself 

You started the thread, onus is on you, and your news sources better be actual news sources and not click bait YouTubers and articles from the rumor mill.

New gen is just dumb because of how expensive it is, and thus it is a skip generation for me for that reason alone. Anyway you speak like the moment the next gen comes out, the current gen suddenly stops working and is "obsolete". That's not how this works. There is literally always something new around the corner. That's how tech works. Personally I've been in this space since the 90s. Stuff these days last far longer than stuff back then ever did. Unless you are trying to run the bleeding edge displays/resolutions these days, there is literally nothing that can't run on mid-range hardware from 2-3 gens ago for the average mainstream 1080p experience. Move up from that and sure, might want some newer stuff. Move up to 4k and yeah probably want even newer. 

You buy when you need it and/or you can find what you are looking for for the price you are willing to spend. Personally I am not willing to spend 4090 money, so I will wait.

Zen 3 Daily Rig (2022 - Present): AMD Ryzen 9 5900X + Optimus Foundations AM4 | Nvidia RTX 3080 Ti FE + Alphacool Eisblock 3080 FE | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB DDR4-3600 (@3733 c14) | ASUS Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 2x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB | Crucial MX500 1TB | Corsair RM1000x | Lian Li O11 Dynamic | LG 48" C1 | EK Quantum Kinetic TBE 200 w/ D5 | HWLabs GTX360 and GTS360 | Bitspower True Brass 14mm | Corsair 14mm White PMMA | ModMyMods Mod Water Clear | 9x BeQuiet Silent Wings 3 120mm PWM High Speed | Aquacomputer Highflow NEXT | Aquacomputer Octo

Test Bench: 

CPUs: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400, Core i5-2400, Core i7-4790K, Core i9-10900K, Core i3-13100, Core i9-13900KS

Motherboards: ASUS Z97-Deluxe, EVGA Z490 Dark, EVGA Z790 Dark Kingpin

GPUs: GTX 275 (RIP), 2x GTX 560, GTX 570, 2x GTX 650 Ti Boost, GTX 980, Titan X (Maxwell), x2 HD 6850

Bench: Cooler Master Masterframe 700 (bench mode)

Cooling: Heatkiller IV Pro Pure Copper | Koolance GPU-210 | HWLabs L-Series 360 | XSPC EX360 | Aquacomputer D5 | Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 250 | Monsoon Free Center Compressions | Mayhems UltraClear | 9x Arctic P12 120mm PWM PST

13 hours ago, Protomesh said:

On 3/13/2023 at 2:40 PM, Protomesh said:

Burden of proof is on you as the OP and you clearly will not provide such when asked/questioned about your sources for the information you wish to discuss or talk about. Since you only want to be combative and not provide simple information and instead tell someone to "google" it, which by the way is against our Community Standards, then this thread serves no purpose and there for is now locked.

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card