I'm NOT Stupid

Plouffe

Things at the lab are going GREAT, and we can't wait to show you! Come take a tour and check out some cool new features like the metal 3D printer, submersion tank, and more before we move the writers over.

Hey! I would like to just offer up a little recommendation for lighting control. ETC (Electronic Theater Controls) makes a really nice architectural system called Unison. They make it so you can control so much lighting fixtures from as many (or as little) control panels as you want. You can have master control panels for every light in the building. 
Here is a link for more info. I know y'all probably have this sorted out, but I've personally had great experiences with these in the past. (I'm a theater lighting designer, so I work with this hellscape for a living 😂
https://www.etcconnect.com/Products/Architectural-Systems/Paradigm/

Just a thought!

30 minutes ago, xdagamer said:

Just when you thought LTT videos title couldn't get any worse

I miss the days when titles and thumbnails actually gave me a good idea of what was going on in the video.

Curse these modern algorithms.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

anyone know where i can buy the same framing used in the work stations. Or the manufacturer of what is in the video.

Image 312.jpg

7 minutes ago, OzzyIain said:

anyone know where i can buy the same framing used in the work stations. Or the manufacturer of what is in the video.

Image 312.jpg

https://vention.io/

Keyboard mapping thoughts.

How accurate is the laser keyboard mapping?

• Could the laser keyboard mapping spot uneven keys?
  • Key size and spacing is interesting too. What keyboards have that MacBook Pro feel! j/k.
  • Could it map how concave the keys are? The keyboard I have has keycaps that are a bit more concave than I would like. Considering how extreme it feels compared to my old board, knowing how concave keys are compared to other boards out there might be something I would want to be aware of in my future keyboard purchases.
  • Could be used to compare 3rd party keycaps, and which you might be able to mix and match considering how similar the dimensions are?
  • The keycaps I have also do not have cutouts for backlighting on the secondary punctuation keys, which I find a bit annoying. Noting little stuff like that would be useful.

These might be other interesting bits of information people may be interested in as well that I can't think of.

Super exciting...

For charts, PLEASE really get feedback on them.  The latest ones from Gamers Nexus have been really nice, highlighting clearly what the active comparison + point the host is talking about.  (10:41  16:07)

2 hours ago, ToboRobot said:

Server room should get moved to the warehouse. 

i forget video. but that does not have 10gb fiber. other place there at atm does.

that why they did the test fiber outside and the dish up top. to labs building.

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

13 minutes ago, dogwitch said:

i forget video. but that does not have 10gb fiber. other place there at atm does.

that why they did the test fiber outside and the dish up top. to labs building.

The warehouse and office are the same labs building I believe that were in this video.

The fibre cable can be re-routed or moved.  Having the server in the open "warehouse" space of the labs is a better fit than the office section.

56 minutes ago, ToboRobot said:

The warehouse and office are the same labs building I believe that were in this video.

The fibre cable can be re-routed or moved.  Having the server in the open "warehouse" space of the labs is a better fit than the office section.

the OG server room(one in old building)

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

@22:39 Is that linus's d-brand wrapped porsche Taycan he's been teasing about that they paid him to do for a video?

didnt he say on the wan show he bought a used one

Screenshot_20230227_213325_Firefox.jpg

Many phone companies claim water resistance is kept after they repaired it e.a. after an RMA, but I don't believe them. I've had phones returned to me and break with space between the frame and back panel after the repair. The water resistance rating test could be used to test their repair claims with this too, and that would be so amazing!

Does this lab mean we're going to see new in-house producted peripherals on ltt store? Such as configurable mechanical keyboard and gaming mouse kit? How about a LTT ❤️ Johnny Guru psu? Case? A gaming controller? Rgb case fans? SBC? A freaking motherboard?

I'd love to see a video where they expose how Linux is used in production at LMG.

Ps. Use the foam for server room. No need to re-build the wall.

Why are the upper part of the walls and the ceiling covered in what looks like spray-on paper mâché? Thermal insulation?

Looking at the 3d printers you've got in that lab - are you going to invest into some ways of recycling of the failed prints? I feel like this is a big problem that a lot of 3d printer users can generate new type of plastic waste that recycling companies may not know how to deal with, and it should be considered.

Is there any plan also to test environmental stuff? Like Materials with a spectrometer or GHG emissions through an LCA? I mean just not only the technical side of things would be interesting I believe 🙂 

9 hours ago, OzzyIain said:

cheers mate

You can also get it from other places: RS-Online stocks a pretty large quantity of aluminium profiles like this, Dold Mechatronik ( https://www.dold-mechatronik.de/Home ) is quite affordable, places like Damen CNC ( https://www.damencnc.com/en/ ) also stock quite a lot of these things. I'm sure you can find plenty of other similar places in the US that have it in stock, always worth comparing prices on these aluminium profiles. Also, check Bosch Rexroth's catalogue, they're quite pricey but they have very nice 3D models, and they manufacture pretty much any joint and part you could think of. Keep in mind, industry pretty much runs on aluminium profiles like this, these profiles are what you're going to find if you remove the metal side panels on a lot of machines. 😄 

And the rails attached to the profiles are standard DIN rails by the looks of it, these are quite convenient for attaching trays, breakers, industrial controllers, etc.

2 hours ago, HenrySalayne said:

Why are the upper part of the walls and the ceiling covered in what looks like spray-on paper mâché? Thermal insulation?

I think its the same thing they did to their main studio. I believe it's for sound treatment so the sound doesn't just reverberate around.

I was going to say the sound in this video sounded better then previous Labs tour videos.

That's a lot of investment and expense dedicated to testing what may end up mostly amounting to  the support structure for 'toys', and phones.  No doubt the expense is the point. Invest in the business or pay it out in taxes.

But are phones and modems etc today so marginal in their RF behavior that they need to be subject to more testing than the manufacturer does? Are RF devices failing in this regard so much that the industry is suffering? Are people ditching brands because of this? And if they are, then the issue kind of solves itself; no Lab needed.

And the liability; I can see a manufacturer forgiving online reviews based on incomplete knowledge plus factoring in the Streisand Effect. But when resources are directed the way LMG is doing then discrediting the Lab may be worthwhile for manufacturers. That's when expense is no longer an investment

This is a bold play for views.

8 hours ago, dogwitch said:

the OG server room(one in old building)

Cool story, but they are planning a server room in the labs building and that is what is being discussed.