H80 still f*in high temps?!

780blzit
Go to solution Solved by 780blzit,

well, you are bound to get bad temps if the waterblock is making bad contact, i had the same issue with my h80i.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/140982-my-experience-with-the-h80i-and-a-small-mod/#entry1882032

i think the mounting mechanism for the h80 and h80i was mostly the same?, this might not be the issue you are having but might be something to look into, admittedly i didn't check the thermal paste spread after doing this but temps dropped by roughly 15*c.

Yes they are almost identical. I will redo everything once more. If I do not get better results this time imma bee piiissssed yo xD

So it seems like I've fixed it :D noob mistake but ohwell..

OzPb120.jpg 

so this time when I reapplied the thermal paste i spred it out evenly with a piece of cardboard on the cpu. I then rescrewed the heatsink/pump and started it up. Been running prime95 for 8 minutes now as I'm typing this and temperature pee(a?)k at 54c at 100% load :D

After like 3 remounts and reapplying thermal paste I finally got it right lol.

Thank you everyone! 

So I just reinstalled and remounted my h80 in my case, I also just got a new fan (SP 120). I also reapplied the thermal compound (Artic Silver 5).

I'm quite sure it's all setup correctly, right now with the side panel open I'm getting around 35 celcius. Why is that? :( I'm starting to get really annoyed.

btw im running it on a i5 2500k. windows 8

35 if good temps!!! Whats the Room temp and is the CPU overclocked at all?

What's the ambient temperature of the room? 35C isn't very high. Load temps matter more

^ just about to ask this myself. 

EDIT: Oh and try to maintain positive air pressure going into your case. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

That's completely fine. Run some stress tests for a while and let us know those temps. 

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

what did you expect, -10? I get 33°C idle with a custom loop.

That's pretty good. Load temps matter the most. Hell, my load temps are about 40 (but I'm using a stock FX cooler on a 90-ish watt CPU, so......).

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

idk what you were expecting, you cant have temps lower than your ambient temperature.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

What's the ambient temperature of the room? 35C isn't very high. Load temps matter more

I don't know, around 20-ish

35 if good temps!!! Whats the Room temp and is the CPU overclocked at all?

around 20-ish and no its not.

^ just about to ask this myself. 

EDIT: Oh and try to maintain positive air pressure going into your case. 

How do I know that? :o

That's completely fine. Run some stress tests for a while and let us know those temps. 

what did you expect, -10? I get 33°C idle with a custom loop.

idk.. but when i went into the bios it was like at 70c

That's pretty good. Load temps matter the most. Hell, my load temps are about 40 (but I'm using a stock FX cooler on a 90-ish watt CPU, so......).

ygSSeaZ.png

I also got "thermal status" HOT for a split second on all the cores.

35º Celsius is a good temperature for an idle system... do what The Linux Guy says.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X with Nox Hummer H240 Aura AIO Liquid Cooler; MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F; GPU: XFX RX 6800 RAM: Viper Steel 16 Gb (2X8) 4400Mhz DDR4; Storage: Adata XPG 512 Gb M.2 NVME SSD + 1 Tb WD Blue HDD + 1 Lexar Tb SSD; Case: Phanteks P350X; PSU: Corsair RM750i 80+ Gold; Monitor: Gigabyte M27Q 1440p @170hz; Headset: Hyper X Cloud Stinger; K&M: CM Storm Quickfire TK & Logitech G502.

So I just reinstalled and remounted my h80 in my case, I also just got a new fan (SP 120). I also reapplied the thermal compound (Artic Silver 5).

I'm quite sure it's all setup correctly, right now with the side panel open I'm getting around 35 celcius. Why is that? :( I'm starting to get really annoyed.

btw im running it on a i5 2500k. windows 8

i had around 50 on load with my h80 so dont sweat it its not a super cooler :P

How do I know that? :o

Ambient temperature? The temp of your room. 

As for positive pressure, basically have more air going into your case than out. More fans pushing fresh air in. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

i had around 50 on load with my h80 so dont sweat it its not a super cooler :P

yeah on load... what fan(s) are you using? Also, mine is at 96~ at load, 35 idle

Ambient temperature? The temp of your room. 

As for positive pressure, basically have more air going into your case than out. More fans pushing fresh air in. 

Well I have 3 120mm fans pushing air in and 1 120mm through the radiator and 1 140mm out.

If you know a better setup for the h440 case i'd be happy to hear it.

yeah on load... what fan(s) are you using? Also, mine is at 96~ at load, 35 idle

Well I have 3 120mm fans pushing air in and 1 120mm through the radiator and 1 140mm out.

If you know a better setup for the h440 case i'd be happy to hear it.

push pull config with the original fans at mid setting 

just below 100*c load temps? that is destructive temps you are running there, i wouldn't say 35 idle is good but it isn't very high either, you didn't include the most important thing, have you overclocked, doesn't look like it but still got to ask what the voltage is at, what's your voltage?

and you might gain something from looking at this thread, you should know if the h80i is mounted properly.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/140982-my-experience-with-the-h80i-and-a-small-mod/#entry1882032

EkJeIIl.png

I'm getting a bit worried, its at 48 at 4% load with the panel off?! (just restarted the computer)

Should i remount and reapply the cooler again?! 

just below 100*c load temps? that is destructive temps you are running there, i wouldn't say 35 idle is good but it isn't high either, you didn't include the most important thing, have you overclocked, doesn't look like it but still got to ask what the voltage is at, what's your voltage?

and you might gain something from looking at this thread, you should know if the h80i is mounted properly.

It's not overclocked, its @ 3.3ghz, just like it comes out of the box. 

EkJeIIl.png

I'm getting a bit worried, its at 48 at 4% load with the panel off?! (just restarted the computer)

Should i remount and reapply the cooler again?! 

your realtemp says otherwise mr.2297 Mhz, otherwise known as 2,3 ghz, or 2.5 Ghz during load as implied by your prime 95 picture.

and nearly 50 degrees idle and 100 degrees in load is NOT good at all, the mounting is wrong, the pump is dead, or your fans are blowing in the wrong orientation? your cpu is horrendously overvolted for some reason? either way something is wrong.

The fan that you have attached to the radiator, it's blowing the hot air OUT of the case, right? And where is the rad+fan located in your case? Other than that, all I can think is that something is defective, either the cooler or your CPU.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

your realtemp says otherwise mr.2297 Mhz, otherwise known as 2,3 ghz, or 2.5 Ghz during load as implied by your prime 95 picture.

and nearly 50 degrees idle and 100 degrees in load is NOT good at all, the mounting is wrong, the pump is dead, or your fans are blowing in the wrong orientation? your cpu is horrendously overvolted for some reason? either way something is wrong.

oooh fcksake man, on realtemp right now it's saying 1615.24mhz, 40degrees, so do you think the pump is dead?

oooh fcksake man, on realtemp right now it's saying 1615.24mhz, 40degrees, so do you think the pump is dead?

You don't seem to know how underclocking works do you?

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

You've got some serious problems there- you need to take it apart immediately. You have either mounted it really badly or something mechanical has gone wrong such as the pump dieing. Try to post some picks of the mounting and set up. Then stick your ear to the pump and listen to here if it is on. Then take it apart before checking on here.

Main Rig:

Spoiler

AMD FX 8320 @4.5Ghz  8GB Corsair Vengeance LP Blu 1600Mhz Sapphire Vapor X HD 7950 3GB 120GB Samsung 840 Evo  Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 

Corsair 600T Graphite Corsair H80i Corsair CX600 2x LG 24 inch LED @1080p Logitech G700s CM Quickfire TK (Brown)

Home Server:

Spoiler

A4 6300 @3.7Ghz 5GB Kingston/Crucial DDR3 1600Mhz 1TB WD Green 2TB Seagate Barracuda

500GB WD Blue 2x Gigabit NIC Antec 300 OCZ 500w PSU Gigabyte F2A68HM-HD2 R1.1

You don't seem to know how underclocking works do you?

it isn't a under clocking power saving feature if the cpu is running at 2,5 Ghz in prime 95, unless something is configured completely wrong of course.

that could very well be the case, i wonder why you started out with 35 degrees idle and suddenly you are reaching nearly 100*c on load and ndarly 50 idle though..

do as the other guy said, put your ear to the pump and see if you can hear it humming, put your finger on it and see if you can feel any vibrations, hold onto the tubes to check if you can feel the water moving around, shut it down immediately if you don't feel any signs of life from it, the corsair software might have helped you a tiny bit in diagnosing it but you don't have the i version so.. not much you can do about that.