lethal injection gone wrong

julekule

A botched execution that used a new drug combination left an Oklahoma inmate writhing and clenching his teeth on the gurney Tuesday, leading prison officials to halt the proceedings before the inmate's eventual death from a heart attack.

oeJRCDJ.jpg

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/leslie-marshall/2014/04/30/oklahoma-execution-gone-wrong-prompts-lethal-injection-questions

Just get rid of the stupid death penalty... 

why? if an individual truly is dangerous and can never be put back into society as a working individual it would be a waste of resources to keep him fed and sheltered until he finally dies having had an empty unfulfilled life.

The death penalty is stupid and the idea should be killed.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

why? if an individual truly is dangerous and can never be put back into society as a working individual it would be a waste of resources to keep him fed and sheltered until he finally dies having had an empty unfulfilled life.

too many innocent people get executed. why should killing people that kill people prove the point that killing is bad

Don't quote me on this, but I remember reading somewhere that it costs more to execute someone than to incarcerate them for life due to legal fees and time spent on death row.

I bet the executioners have killed more people than the criminals have.

Plus the above.

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

too many innocent people get executed. why should killing people that kill people prove the point that killing is bad

that fault lies with the system not the penalty, and it's not about proving what's right or wrong it's the fact that that person can never be put back into society.

I bet the executioners have killed more people than the criminals have.

Plus the above.

In some states the executioner is a civil person that gets paid 150$. he never now the name of the person he kills. there goes a hose true a hole in the wall where the killing drugs gets injected

that fault lies with the system not the penalty, and it's not about proving what's right or wrong it's the fact that that person can never be put back into society.

lethal injection has so many points of failur compard to the eletric chair, gas chamber, hanging or the firing squad. and in most chases is more expensive (Gas chamber being the most expensive)

In so many ways the US is at the forefront of research. However, there are so many more ways in which it seems the government is stuck thinking it is still 1900. (Ok i exaggerated but you get my point)

Good. The dude raped and killed a woman. Fuck him. 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Good. The dude raped and killed a woman. Fuck him. 

i am not against him being punished. but the usa claims lethal injection is the most human method for execution.

I dunno, the most important thing for me is that we learn from people who commit crimes worthy of such a severe sentence and use it in prevention in the future. Killing them kind of ruins that.

If you add up all the costs for people on death row, I'm pretty sure it comes nowhere near the total amount for people serving sentences for petty crimes. 

I actually have a problem with the whole justice system in general, it's the same punishment for everyone with the only variable being time. I always question it's effectiveness, it's a shame that it is designed with cost and simple organization in mind.

Norway actually has the right idea with their prisons with the bias leaning more towards rehabilitation than punishment. 

I firmly believe in an eye for an eye though the current method is a slow, wasteful, broken mess. A 9mm bullet costs somewhere around $0.50 a piece and is quick, efficient and painless.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I firmly believe in an eye for an eye though the current method is a slow, wasteful, broken mess. A 9mm bullet costs somewhere around $0.50 a piece and is quick, efficient and painless.

the last time some one chose to be killed by a firing squad was in 2010. IN THE USA

Whatever happened to guillotine?

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I dunno, the most important thing for me is that we learn from people who commit crimes worthy of such a severe sentence and use it in prevention in the future. Killing them kind of ruins that.

If you add up all the costs for people on death row, I'm pretty sure it comes nowhere near the total amount for people serving sentences for petty crimes. 

I actually have a problem with the whole justice system in general, it's the same punishment for everyone with the only variable being time. I always question it's effectiveness, it's a shame that it is designed with cost and simple organization in mind.

Norway actually has the right idea with their prisons with the bias leaning more towards rehabilitation than punishment. 

but norway has a max sentence of 21 years and http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2559528/Mass-murderer-Anders-Breivik-vows-hunger-strike-wants-PlayStation-2-upgraded-PlayStation-3-prison-cell.html

In the USA?

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

the last time some one chose to be killed by a firing squad was in 2010. 

That's the problem though, it was their choice. It shouldn't be their choice because most would choose what they would consider the more gentle option.

It's simple

If you're found guilty of killing someone you're taken away and shot in the back of the head with a hollowpoint, bam dead game over and everyone moves on.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

death penalty is so 20th century. 'murica is hanging behind....

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

but norway has a max sentence of 21 years

...and the lowest reoffending rate in Europe.

Imo they have better criminologists and a better general understanding of the criminal psyche and the effects the prison system has on the population as a whole... Most countries seem to neglect the bigger picture...

I don't think it is morally correct for a country that criminalises murder to execute people.

the last time some one chose to be killed by a firing squad was in 2010. 

I think China still practises the firing squad.

Whatever happened to guillotine?

Well, it was designed to be a more humane method for execution, so it would probably be a good idea if someone used it instead of another, but best would be noone needing to execute anybody.