lethal injection gone wrong

julekule

-snip-

Yes it is the additional trial and legal representation fees that makes sentencing someone to death more expensive than having them sentenced to life in prison. I don't think anyone have said anything different in this thread.

I honestly don't quite get the point of your post. It's basically saying "if you ignore this huge expense then execution becomes the cheaper option!". Of course it does! Not feeding someone is obviously less expensive than feeding someone.

THe people that watch are called witness. Acording to the law there have to be witnesses to comfirm the execution.

Well i only know what the movies show as i dont live in a country that has the death penalty but family members get to watch the death penalty in the movies which is wrong why cant there just be one guy in a room that does it then a doctor comes in and declares hes dead?

Yes it is the additional trial and legal representation fees that makes sentencing someone to death more expensive than having them sentenced to life in prison. I don't think anyone have said anything different in this thread.

I honestly don't quite get the point of your post. It's basically saying "if you ignore this huge expense then execution becomes the cheaper option!". Of course it does! Not feeding someone is obviously less expensive than feeding someone.

LOL, I knew you would be the one to quote me and I knew you would the one to not understand what my point was.

Barack-Obama-Clapping-in-Front-of-Americ Well done LawLz, well done  :)

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

LOL, I knew you would be the one to quote me and I knew you would the one to not understand what my point was.

<obama> Well done LawLz, well done  :)

Please elaborate what your point was. Like I said, I did not get it.

There's no reason why you can't just give them life in prison...

you honestly want serial killers to be mixed with people in prison for drugs or robbery? people are influenced by those around them so mixing them with very dangerous people poisons the well even more. it may rub you wrong, but you don't understand true atrocities or what its like in prisons, especially ones in the frontier or pacific regions.

you honestly want serial killers to be mixed with people in prison for drugs or robbery? people are influenced by those around them so mixing them with very dangerous people poisons the well even more. it may rub you wrong, but you don't understand true atrocities or what its like in prisons, especially ones in the frontier or pacific regions.

and that can be fixed by improving the prison system. You don't need to give the government the power to kill people like that.

There have been many executed that have been proved innocent after death, a person in prison can be released after 20 years, you can't pull a body out of the ground and revive someone

Obviously you haven't played Battlefield :P

XFX suck donkeyballs

and that can be fixed by improving the prison system. You don't need to give the government the power to kill people like that.

war gives the government power to kill, you aren't calling for the abolishment of all military are you? what about swat teams with firearms for dealing with local terrorist attacks? police? self defense? at what point does it become moral for you? in your area of europe there aren't 20+ different cultures clashing against each other with many areas being considered violent gangland by all. places where police will never go and that have 30+homicides on a weekend as a norm. before you judge a society of something you should learn the ramifications of actions they perform and how effective current legal systems are at fixing the problem.

war gives the government power to kill, you aren't calling for the abolishment of all military are you? what about swat teams with firearms for dealing with local terrorist attacks? police? self defense? at what point does it become moral for you? in your area of europe there aren't 20+ different cultures clashing against each other with many areas being considered violent gangland by all. places where police will never go and that have 30+homicides on a weekend as a norm. before you judge a society of something you should learn the ramifications of actions they perform and how effective current legal systems are at fixing the problem.

You're equating executing someone and people killing eachother in war? It's not like the US military lines up all the survivors and shoots them after a battle.

Actually, Yugoslavia currently has a crime rate of 0. It's not like execution is really much of a deterrent against crime. There are some statistics showing some sort of correlation, but none of them really show a strong correlation, and statistics can show the opposite often.

Death penalty presently:

1. It costs 3 times more.

2. It is discriminatory (accused badly defended for financial reasons, not the worse that get death penalty)

3. Very low dissuasive effect, more bad then good social effect.

for me, something is moral when its good for both individual and society.

Death penalty is bad for society, and bad for individuals ( unfair )

----------

Depends on the crime blablablabla, keep dreaming. The above is how well it works. We'll hopefully have better options in the future.

Murdering someone or raping them is far more "unfair" to society as a whole than losing your life for committing these disgusting acts.

Society needs to stop being assholes to their fellow man, that is the real problem. This goes for the system and the public. When someone breaks rank of being a decent human being and does something to ruin/take someone else's life, they lose all rights in my book. People who murder the innocent and rape are scum and have no place in society, period. - I find the last bit troubling and very condescending. It /does/ depend on the crime. Petty drug offenses shouldn't have the same priority as someone who is a serial killer. Too many people behind bars for stupid reasons. Only the worst of the worst should be punished, the rest should be given counseling and treatment. You can't treat someone who doesn't value human life, but you can help out if they are a substance abuser ect. This is how I feel about the system.

Remember, when someone murders someone, they're not simply killing one individual, they are emotionally scarring that persons children, their grand children, their parents, their grand parents, their siblings and their friends. To me, that person is lower than dirt and gets zero sympathy.

Murdering someone or raping them is far more "unfair" to society as a whole than losing your life for committing these disgusting acts.

Society needs to stop being assholes to their fellow man, that is the real problem. This goes for the system and the public. When someone breaks rank of being a decent human being and does something to ruin/take someone else's life, they lose all rights in my book. People who murder the innocent and rape are scum and have no place in society, period. - I find the last bit troubling and very condescending. It /does/ depend on the crime. Petty drug offenses shouldn't have the same priority as someone who is a serial killer. Too many people behind bars for stupid reasons. Only the worst of the worst should be punished, the rest should be given counseling and treatment. You can't treat someone who doesn't value human life, but you can help out if they are a substance abuser ect. This is how I feel about the system.

Remember, when someone murders someone, they're not simply killing one individual, they are emotionally scarring that persons children, their grand children, their parents, their grand parents, their siblings and their friends. To me, that person is lower than dirt and gets zero sympathy.

Does the same apply when you execute an innocent person? For example all the people that supported execution of Cameron Willingham are more or less murderers (they were for killing an innocent man). Should they be executed? If not, what is the difference between saying "yes let's execute him" when you are in charge and just shooting him yourself? Does the mere thought that he is a criminal make it alright to execute him?

Well i only know what the movies show as i dont live in a country that has the death penalty but family members get to watch the death penalty in the movies which is wrong why cant there just be one guy in a room that does it then a doctor comes in and declares hes dead?

In most og the statens the witnesses should not know the

inmate

For what he did I say that he got off waaaayyy to easy.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

why? if an individual truly is dangerous and can never be put back into society as a working individual it would be a waste of resources to keep him fed and sheltered until he finally dies having had an empty unfulfilled life.

1/25 dearth row inmates are innocent. That's a number way too high to justify ending someone's life. We need to move past killing people as a punishment, it's barbaric and shows just how under developed the US is compared to our European allies.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I vote for firing squad. a 39 cent bullet is cheaper than sterilizing injection equipment (excluding the cost of equipment, chemicals, doctor, etc.) quick and painless. or we could do it old school style with a noose. 

1/25 dearth row inmates are innocent. That's a number way too high to justify ending someone's life. We need to move past killing people as a punishment, it's barbaric and shows just how under developed the US is compared to our European allies.

the number of death row criminals has gone down drastically due to forensic technology though. I also like to think that the american judicial system works pretty darn good. after all. most people dont know what goes on in the court room due to agreements and laws but if the american people feel that someone deserves the death penalty then that is that. I will agree with 99% of most court cases.

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

I vote for firing squad. a 39 cent bullet is cheaper than sterilizing injection equipment (excluding the cost of equipment, chemicals, doctor, etc.) quick and painless. or we could do it old school style with a noose.

the number of death row criminals has gone down drastically due to forensic technology though. I also like to think that the american judicial system works pretty darn good. after all. most people dont know what goes on in the court room due to agreements and laws but if the american people feel that someone deserves the death penalty then that is that. I will agree with 99% of most court cases.

still it's 1/25

Ending someone's life is just idiotic, it's more of a punishment to keep them locked up than to kill them. The american justice system is screwed up, people getting 25 years for victimless crimes like using drugs? Seriously...

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

still it's 1/25

Ending someone's life is just idiotic, it's more of a punishment to keep them locked up than to kill them. The american justice system is screwed up, people getting 25 years for victimless crimes like using drugs? Seriously...

its how the people decided. colorado is now the next stoner capital and that was their decision. 

I rather have someone executed than life in prison. I dont want my tax money wasted on some guy that is never getting out. plus there are some people who cant be changed. 

dont get me wrong I dont want an innocent person to be executed. nor do I want any to be executed as much as the next guy.

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

its how the people decided. colorado is now the next stoner capital and that was their decision.

I rather have someone executed than life in prison. I dont want my tax money wasted on some guy that is never getting out. plus there are some people who cant be changed.

the crime rate in Colorado has went down since it was legalized and also, it's a big boom for small businesses. Nothing wrong with either one of those facts.

I would rather us be a progressive society instead of killing people like China, north Korea, Iraq, Afghanistan etc.

Were better than this as a species, but yet once again we take ourselves back to the bronze age.

Hail Sithis!

While I think that the death penalty can and should be used in very extreme cases. I think that life in prison is a lot worse. To be honest if I had a life sentence, I'd have a hard time choosing between death and life sentence.

"You can try to play chess with a pigeon. But even if you win, it'll shit on the board and strut around."

it is not the execution that is expensive it is the paper work that goes with it

The death penalty is just plain stupid...

Getting rid of them is probably a favor, especially when some people should get the rest of their lives but instead of letting them suffer for their crimes we let them go a 'painless death'.

Where do bad folks go when they die?
They don't go to heaven where the angels fly
They go to the lake of fire and fry, Won't see them again 'till the fourth of July

In most og the statens the witnesses should not know the

inmate

still think its wrong for people to watch.

There's something wrong about capital punishment that I can't describe/fathom/bear. Some of these people are beyond help; best to leave it up to god to judge them since no one can change them. But who are we to end their lives? Surely they can't be reintegrated, and will sit in a prison living off of taxpayers' money, but however low the chance of killing an innocent person is, until it is 0.00% it is outrageous to claim that the "odds are small enough".

An absolutely inhumane method of dealing with [often] absolutely inhumane human beings.

I've been a witness to one lethal injection and one execution by gas chamber. Neither were botched and both went as smooth as they're supposed to. Hanging can break the neck and strangulate the inmate without killing them and the electric chair takes time and is very violent. Gas / Lethal Injection are the most humane.

"Energy drinks don't make my mouth taste like yak buttholes like coffee does, so I'll stick with them." - Yoinkerman

I've been a witness to one lethal injection and one execution by gas chamber. Neither were botched and both went as smooth as they're supposed to. Hanging can break the neck and strangulate the inmate without killing them and the electric chair takes time and is very violent. Gas / Lethal Injection are the most humane.

Read my previous post (point 3).

it looks smooth because they are paralyzed. Almost all of them don't get enough sodium thiopental to fully put them to sleep. They appear to be asleep, but some of them can feel everything being done to them. You think being being strangled while your neck is broken feels awful? Imagining feeling your lungs stop working as well as having your blood circulation stopped. Luckily you die quicker than just strangling, but it's at least as horrifying of a death.

Gas is absolutely awful as well, because the dose needed to kill someone are very different between victims and therefore often result in some people being pushed just to the edge of dying, but not quite dying.

Even if any execution technique could be considered humane (I don't think you, because you know, YOU'RE KILLING ANOTHER HUMAN BEING FOR NO REASON) I think we can all agree that neither scenario you recommended are humane.