GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

3 hours ago, ewitte said:

They say they shipped 100k.  Not sure how that translates into actual numbers.  The 0.05-0.1% estimate was in the video.  They had been talking directly with Nvidia, partners, etc.  Really though the point of it is MOST of the failures were incorrectly seated.

Has NVDIA still not recalled these cards?  Apparently they are a fire hazard and it's a design flaw.  If I had bought one, I'd have returned it for either a refund or a fix.

2 minutes ago, heimdali said:

Has NVDIA still not recalled these cards?  Apparently they are a fire hazard and it's a design flaw.  If I had bought one, I'd have returned it for either a refund or a fix.

Did you read anything posted from the GN video?  First, they were NEVER a fire hazard.  A melting connector is not a fire.  Secondly it has been shown it is a very tiny amount and likely mostly down to user error.

AMD 7950x / Asus Strix B650E / 64GB @ 6000c30 / 2TB Samsung 980 Pro Heatsink 4.0x4 / 7.68TB Samsung PM9A3 / 3.84TB Samsung PM983 / 44TB Synology 1522+ / MSI Gaming Trio 4090 / EVGA G6 1000w /Thermaltake View71 / LG C1 48in OLED

Custom water loop EK Vector AM4, D5 pump, Coolstream 420 radiator

27 minutes ago, ShawtyT30beTHICCC said:

If you insist on brand new, buy a brand spankin' new 6900xt at $629, problem solved.

to be sure i just checked in my country,  the cheapest 3080 i can find are 750 (which roughly translates to 750 usd) *new* while most of the more expensive models are 1000, a water cooled evga for sub 1000!  Which im very tempted to buy rn! : D

i kinda have a hard time believing its much more or at all more "expensive" in northamerica (which OP seems to imply)?

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

23 minutes ago, ewitte said:

First, they were NEVER a fire hazard

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/where there's smoke%2C there's fire

26 minutes ago, heimdali said:

Has NVDIA still not recalled these cards

yep, it is unbelievable to me that they're still being sold...

7 minutes ago, Omga4000 said:

The cheapest one I've found is being sold for 779$ right now: https://www.newegg.com/msi-geforce-rtx-3080-rtx-3080-gaming-z-trio-10g-lhr/p/N82E16814137677

see? i dont even want to argue about what was said earlier or not, im just gonna say this is a really good deal,  its even a trio Z, not some palit lol ... and you really don't need a 4080, i think not?  i mean come on, this is basically 2000 series all over again,  which was a "slight" improvement for "a lot" more money (until the supers came along iirc)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

10 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

see? i dont even want to argue about what was said earlier or not, im just gonna say this is a really good deal,  its even a trio Z, not some palit lol ... and you really don't need a 4080, i think not?  i mean come on, this is basically 2000 series all over again,  which was a "slight" improvement for "a lot" more money (until the supers came along iirc)

"Need" is a strong word. She wants to be able to run games with RT @ 4K, something the 3080 would struggle to do.

Not to say that the 4080 is superb at doing that, but it's definitely better than the 17 FPS the 3080 offers.

We've been compromising our entire life. Everyone who isn't rich has probably been experiencing thing similar to what I have.

When you're young you don't have the money and you tell yourself that playing on medium settings is fine for now.

When you're old then spending 1,200$ on a GPU is wasteful and you continue telling yourself the medium settings are fine.

I don't NEED a GPU at all, but I'll be lying if I said I didn't want a 4080/4090 and just run my games without thinking much of it, while enjoying the beauty of the technological advancements such as Ray-Tracing, Unreal Engine 5 and VR games at max settings.

Wish it was cheaper, but this is the current reality 🙂

35 minutes ago, ewitte said:

Did you read anything posted from the GN video?  First, they were NEVER a fire hazard.  A melting connector is not a fire.  Secondly it has been shown it is a very tiny amount and likely mostly down to user error.

Yes, that's why I asked.  Even if it's not a fire hazard, why don't they recall them and come up with a better connector that doesn't lead to such user errors.  They should have done better testing, shouldn't they?  And better, make cards with better power efficiency ...

As somone who personally purchased a 4080fe, I can confirm this is 100% buyers remorse 😄

19 minutes ago, Chewyloop said:

As somone who personally purchased a 4080fe, I can confirm this is 100% buyers remorse 😄

This has been said like 20 times, are people unaware you can cancel and return products?

Or even "better" - act as a scalper and sell it for a profit.

2 minutes ago, Omga4000 said:

This has been said like 20 times, are people unaware you can cancel and return products?

Or even "better" - act as a scalper and sell it for a profit.

After the dark clouds of remorse clear I'll be left with my awesome 4080 card.

Wisdom gained by decades of experience. Cheers.

1 hour ago, heimdali said:

Yes, that's why I asked.  Even if it's not a fire hazard, why don't they recall them and come up with a better connector that doesn't lead to such user errors.  They should have done better testing, shouldn't they?  And better, make cards with better power efficiency ...

1. It is not really Nvidia's design

2. Really this has always had potential of happening. I've had it happen with an 8 pin 4-6 years ago.  Unless we want to recall everything that uses electricity...  At least they don't use open wires anymore!  Was watching videos about dangers around the house.  When electricity was first introduced wires were bare.

3.  It does have slightly (still almost nonexistent) more potential than 8 pin connectors but that is pretty much down to it being a brand-new standard.  There are already plans to make it more fool-proof.

Everyone just worries so much about something so little while half the world just risked their lives in a much more meaningful and dangerous way!

AMD 7950x / Asus Strix B650E / 64GB @ 6000c30 / 2TB Samsung 980 Pro Heatsink 4.0x4 / 7.68TB Samsung PM9A3 / 3.84TB Samsung PM983 / 44TB Synology 1522+ / MSI Gaming Trio 4090 / EVGA G6 1000w /Thermaltake View71 / LG C1 48in OLED

Custom water loop EK Vector AM4, D5 pump, Coolstream 420 radiator

To everyone who was wondering about why the RTX 4080 was pretty much sold very quickly, this is likely because their stock was extremely low to begin with, at least according to Moore's Law Is Dead sources.

?hash=e75cb62d424b668947a57d766f782779

40 minutes ago, Omga4000 said:

To everyone who was wondering about why the RTX 4080 was pretty much sold very quickly, this is likely because their stock was extremely low to begin with, at least according to Moore's Law Is Dead sources.

It will depend on the region.

A friend of mine was showing me Reddit posts about RTX 4080's sitting on shelves unsold.

I'm just checking the nearby retailer (MemoryExpress here in Canada), and they have multiple brands and models still in-stock.

My nearby location alone:

• Gigabyte RTX 4080 Gaming OC -- 3
  • Gigabyte RTX 4080 Eagle -- 2
  • MSi RTX 4080 Ventus 3X OC -- 5
  • MSi RTX 4080 Gaming X Trio -- 3
  • Msi RTX 4080 SUPRIM X -- 2

No stock on the ASUS ROG / TUF / TUF OC variants.

Seeing NONE of the nationwide retail locations have them, including warehouse, I'm wondering if they just haven't received the ASUS shipments yet.

Best Buy still has MSi Gaming X / Gaming X Trio / ASUS ROG / TUF / Zotac models in-stock....

NewEgg Canada still have inventory for the Gigabyte Gaming OC / MSi Ventus / Zotac Trinity models.

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

Thread cleaned. Stay on topic.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

38 minutes ago, Majinhoju said:

If consumers think something is overpriced then they should speak up and say it's overpriced.

Seems like people are doing just that.

4 hours ago, -rascal- said:

It will depend on the region.

My nearby location alone

Definitely.

Currently, there are 0 4080's in stock on BestBuy, Newegg and B&H in my region (US, WA).

It was gone in less than an hour and I've only seen 2 restocks which were sold very quickly.

Screenshot_20221117_233011_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f2490e5651320c6ba45fa764bece2ac5.jpg

23 minutes ago, Omga4000 said:

Definitely.

Currently, there are 0 4080's in stock on BestBuy, Newegg and B&H in my region (US, WA).

It was gone in less than an hour and I've only seen 2 restocks which were sold very quickly.

Screenshot_20221117_233011_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f2490e5651320c6ba45fa764bece2ac5.jpg

If it says unavailable nearby, means it’s in stock just not in ur region

CPU:                       Motherboard:                Graphics:                                 Ram:                            Screen:

i9-13900KS   Asus z790 HERO      ASUS TUF 4090 OC    GSkill 7600 DDR5       ASUS 48" OLED 138hz

22 minutes ago, Shzzit said:

If it says unavailable nearby, means it’s in stock just not in ur region

Yes, I mentioned "in my region" specifically.

I'm sure it's available elsewhere, somewhere. Not sure about the entire US stock.

11 hours ago, ewitte said:

1. It is not really Nvidia's design

2. Really this has always had potential of happening. I've had it happen with an 8 pin 4-6 years ago.  Unless we want to recall everything that uses electricity...

Well, I watched the video gamers net made.  It comes down to contact resistance, which is a well known issue.  Apparently the card can draw up to 600W when overclocked.  600W at 12V means 50A.  AFAIK that's a current used for welding, or at least close to it.  Now look at the flimsy contacts and wires they're using and compare that to, for example, welding cables and contacts, or the cables used to jump start cars.  What NVIDIA does there is outright negligent and they have to know better.  And why do they use so many tiny contacts rather than two large ones able to carry all the current?  They created a recipie for failure.

At least they don't use open wires anymore!  Was watching videos about dangers around the house.  When electricity was first introduced wires were bare.

Interesting, I didn't know they did that.

3.  It does have slightly (still almost nonexistent) more potential than 8 pin connectors but that is pretty much down to it being a brand-new standard.  There are already plans to make it more fool-proof.

Yes, those aren't ideal either.  They appear less flimsy, though, and they probably were designed for much less current.

Everyone just worries so much about something so little while half the world just risked their lives in a much more meaningful and dangerous way!

Which way is that?

13 hours ago, Omga4000 said:

?hash=e75cb62d424b668947a57d766f782779

I got a 4080 FE direct from Nvidia website, processed by their only UK stockists (SCAN).

On the delivery box it literally said "Package 74/100" & "Total delivery quantity: 100"

Just 100 FE cards available sold from UK.... bananas.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/17/2022 at 7:43 AM, Shzzit said:

He can’t mess up, it’s his money and he can do what ever he wants, the simple fact is you seem jealous you can’t afford one.

Just getting around to this, who said I cant afford one? Do you know me? Do you know my finances? Oh, you don't? That's cool, you do you boo.

Main Rig:

Ryzen 5800x, ASUS Crosshair Hero VII Wi-Fi, 32gb of Corsair Vengence Pro SL 3600 CL18, MSI Ventus 2 OC RTX 3060 12gb, Corsair H115i Pro AIO cooler, Soundblaster AE-7, Beyerdynamic DT 990 Edition 600 Ohm headphones, Creative Giga Speakers, 1tb ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD, 1tb Intel 665P NVME SSD, 500gb Samsung 850 EVO SATA SSD, 8tb WB Black SATA HDD, LG SATA Blue Ray Drive, Corsair CX850M PSU, Coolermaster Stryker case, ROG ARGB strips, China ARGB fans, China ARGB SSD heat sink. 🤣

HTPC:

Erying 11800 ES CPU/Mobo combo, 32GB of Corsair LPX 3200 CL16, Gigabyte 4060 8gb LP, Thermalright AXP90 full copper cooler, WD Black SN770 500gb NVME SSD, WD Black SN770 1tb NVME SSD, Crucial MX500 2tb SATA SSD, WD Blue 2tb SATA HDD, Pioneer Blu-Ray burner, Intel AX200 WiFi/Bluetooth, Seasonic 300w TFX PSU, Silverstone ML11 case. STILL NO RGB! 😭

Retro Gamer PC:

VIA C3 1000Mhz, VIA Epia PD-10000 LVDS, 1gb of Kingston DDR, PNY Geforce FX5500 128mb PCI, WD 80GB HDD, Random CD-ROM, Random 250w mini psu, Mini ITX case 🤣

On 11/16/2022 at 8:08 PM, GreatnessRD said:

This has to be an Nvidia sponsored post, right?

With that said, I do agree Nvidia can charge what they want. People just need to stop buying GPUs at stupid prices.

This has to be an scalper-sponsored post right?

On 11/16/2022 at 8:01 PM, Omga4000 said:

Is it ethical / good for consumers?

Yes it is.

Is it better for consumers to have to buy their cards on E-bay and possibly not get their warranties honored?

Is it better for consumers not to have a choice when buying their video card and simply having to buy whatever is available?

Is it ethical for AIB partners to jack up their prices by writing OC on a cheap ugly card with a cheap cooler slapped on it?

Is it ethical to set the price of your product so low  a cottage industry of scalpers is created?

What Nvidia is doing is completely ethical, good for the consumer, and good for Nvidia.

What's happening is a bunch of people who haven't designed anything more complicated than a backpack have gone out of their way to trash a company which is providing consumers with what they want.

https://wccftech.com/q3-2022-discrete-gpu-market-share-report-nvidia-gains-amd-intel-in-single-digit-figures/

There's only one reason for this.  AMD was making all of its money the past couple of years off of etherium miners - not gamers.  

You want to buy a 6950xt for $799?

https://www.amd.com/en/direct-buy/5618082700/us

lets look for that latest iteration of a 3080ti which was SOOoooo aweosome.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-ti-12gb-gddr6x-pci-express-4-0-graphics-card-titanium-and-black/6462956.p?skuId=6462956

Uh oh, can't buy it.

What?! I can't buy anything in the $900 range with decent RT?  What about this card?

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/gigabyte-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-gaming-oc-10gb-gddr6x-pci-express-4-0-graphics-card/6471960.p?skuId=6471960

$780, slower, and I need to wait 11 days to get it.  If only there were a $900 dollar Nvidia card coming out . . . you know  . . . like a 4080 12 gb. Oh well, gotta let the AIB people like ASUS and Gigabyte screw us over one last time, right?

Because letting the AIBs screw the customers is ethical and good for the consumer.  Thanks Youtubers!

AMD had a ton of money and refused to make a decent graphics card.  Instead they are relying on consoles and a bunch of fanbois buying their stuff.  Their graphics division does not seem very ethical.